Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #451
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I

Please re-enact, with a film crew present. GreatBiscuit can put it together with slo-mo and the whole thing. Green screen, if necessary.

Thanks loveall!
Not that I am EVAH gonna try that again I sincerely doubt that the stars wood align exactly to re create the most embarassing moment EVAH!! I mean wood there be a woman with her much awaited libation just in the right position to soak 3 people in front of her Wood the announcement come over the loud speaker just seconds after the event , warning all not to step over the seats !! However should it occur and said film crew was there I am sure that within minutes the Entire Diss Community wood be informed
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #452
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Thanks Pat for the pictures! I do have to say I like him better with the clean cut look, but of course the abs look good either way.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #453
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing in! I have seen you commenting on Cynthia's TRs and just came across this. I love it! I have been to NY a few times for work and we never had a lot of time to do touristy stuff. This is really making me want to go back. Love the pictures from Top of the Rock.
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #454
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures from the Top of the Rock. What a great tour!

I love Lauren's enthusiasm about the sculptures.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #455
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Great. Having thought the trip report took a strange turn, I have now caused it to take a strange turn.
Not any stranger than Pat took it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Cool! A Jeopardy version of the Movie Quote game!!!!!
What makes it a Jeopardy version? Move first, then quote? That's not too difficult with IMDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Here is the story -
No, really -- a simple "yes" or "no" will do.

Quote:
I will have to go back and find the pictures. PB is saying I moved them and from work it is blocked- which is new-
Seriously, don't go to any trouble.

Photobucket is right. Work has a good policy.

Quote:
The Ryan Lochte story
Augh! Here we go...

You realize you posted the same picture 3, no 4 times, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I want to see the pictures!
No, it's really not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
No need for pictures...I have a wonderful mental image.
Thank you Jill...you're talkin' sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Oh, you just HAD to ask didn't you............

See what you started!!!
I'm sorry Marv. I naively thought she would just give a brief explanation. Now in hindsight, I realize she was baiting me -- is it too late to edit my post where I asked the question???
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #456
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
ohh brother you woman and your eye candy...almost as bad as glenn and his womens volleyball
Seriously. Hey, wait a minute.

Quote:
no not every crystal just one of them in the top corner.
Doh!

Quote:
i do agree with marv this round on his winning guess...i would have been right there, but was on a family vacation for hte last 4 days so missed out on this update.
I hope it was worth it. (Just kidding, I'm sure it was a great time.)

Quote:
can i make a formal request to have lauren write your TR to disney section as well, she is much better than the original writer of this thread.

just kidding.
Getting her to keep writing is almost as hard as writing it myself! She leaves for college soon, so needs to get another day and a half written.

Quote:
Found this online- Here he is in action.

I fell for it again....thought it was going to be a swimming picture.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #457
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry Marv. I naively thought she would just give a brief explanation. Now in hindsight, I realize she was baiting me -- is it too late to edit my post where I asked the question???
Turns out PB was not blocked at work.... Not quite sure what I typed to get the blocked message but when I typed it in again - all was good.

You did ask. So I had to tell.... again..
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #458
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I fell for it again....thought it was going to be a swimming picture.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #459
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Not that I am EVAH gonna try that again I sincerely doubt that the stars wood align exactly to re create the most embarassing moment EVAH!! I mean wood there be a woman with her much awaited libation just in the right position to soak 3 people in front of her Wood the announcement come over the loud speaker just seconds after the event , warning all not to step over the seats !! However should it occur and said film crew was there I am sure that within minutes the Entire Diss Community wood be informed
Yes, it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event. You'd better hope so!

Quote:
Thanks Pat for the pictures! I do have to say I like him better with the clean cut look, but of course the abs look good either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I'm subbing in! I have seen you commenting on Cynthia's TRs and just came across this. I love it!
Sunset Cliffs! Any friend of Cynthia's is a friend of mine. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I have been to NY a few times for work and we never had a lot of time to do touristy stuff. This is really making me want to go back. Love the pictures from Top of the Rock.
Hopefully you picked up on the fact that it's my daughter, Lauren, writing this part of the TR since I wasn't along for that portion....but I answer comments/questions as best I can

Next time you're there, you should try to hit a tourist spot or two. Going to the Top of the Rock looks like something a business traveler could squeeze in after a days' work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Gorgeous pictures from the Top of the Rock. What a great tour!
Thanks Dee. I think it's kinda funny about the pictures of this NYC excursion. Judy is happy to let me take all of the pictures when we travel...and of the kids, Lauren similarly, is the least likely to want to take any. They knew I demanded pictures, so there must have been some kind of stand-off as to who was going to have to take them, and Lauren lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I love Lauren's enthusiasm about the sculptures.
I think it helped immensely that they had a tourguide who gave them some info. about the sculptures and some interesting things about them. I'm glad she was enthusiastic about them too!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #460
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Turns out PB was not blocked at work.... Not quite sure what I typed to get the blocked message but when I typed it in again - all was good.
I'm sure that you were in such a frenzy to find the picture that you hit a few extra keys on the keyboard.

Quote:
You did ask. So I had to tell.... again..

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #461
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #462
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Rockefeller Center is so beautiful! I don't know if more can be said. Lauren chose a good tour there and got a real treat in return. I love all the Swarovski crystal creations, so pretty and I like how they painted the walls in a way to accentuate the extravagance of the chandelier.

The view from the Top of the Rock is a really nice one too. Those rooftop gardens are everywhere in NYC. I guess Lauren may be right about those as being an exchange for the more crowded and not as safe Central Park.

Oh and I count one Judy (probably a bit late for that one).

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #463
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I think I've lost control of this TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Rockefeller Center is so beautiful! I don't know if more can be said. Lauren chose a good tour there and got a real treat in return.
Whoa, hold on...let's not forget the great effort her trip planner put forth in suggesting it to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I love all the Swarovski crystal creations, so pretty and I like how they painted the walls in a way to accentuate the extravagance of the chandelier.

The view from the Top of the Rock is a really nice one too. Those rooftop gardens are everywhere in NYC. I guess Lauren may be right about those as being an exchange for the more crowded and not as safe Central Park.

Oh and I count one Judy (probably a bit late for that one).

Can't wait to read more!
Believe it or not, the winning response was 6. The one obvious one and 5 more that were in reflections in the glass up at the Top of the Rock.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #464
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I was so excited I thought it was an Update and I wood have first shot at the sightings !!!Pathetic isn't that we spend hours pondering over reflections and body parts !!!Thank goodness Lauren is providing such a wonderful TR and pix for us to ponder !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #465
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was so excited I thought it was an Update and I wood have first shot at the sightings !!!
Soon, but probably not tonight. I have to ask Lauren about something in the next chapter and she's not here right now.

Quote:
Pathetic isn't that we spend hours pondering over reflections and body parts !!!Thank goodness Lauren is providing such a wonderful TR and pix for us to ponder !!!
Thanks Rosie!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: