Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #376
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Wow Glenn, I am seriously behind which of course means my nemesis Pat has been racking up the Judy sighting points! Time to get back in the game.
Geee I welcome you back and I get this ?!?!?!?! I may have to reconsider... Game ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Like I said to a previous post (maybe replying to Pat?), I was absolutely no help on that.
How am I gettting dragged into this??? Oh wait- I said nice poster and Marv copied me... that how.

Quote:
♪ ♪ ♫ …daydream belieber and a homecoming queen… ♪ ♪ ♫

Quote:
At least you don’t have a memory of sitting in the parlor listening to old radio shows. Or do you?
Playing Kick the can....

Quote:
You’re right. She was born before me, but I’m older. I passed her a few years ago.
That's better.

Quote:
Hey you kids!

Quote:
Like you said, “don’t make a habit of it”!!
Considering it is never a habit of his I hope that was an anomaly.

Quote:
Something tells me you have a lot of stories that you’re sticking to. Aesop's got nuthin' on you.

Glenn you are bringing the funny. Either that or I am finding everything funny today.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #377
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Just loving this report on NYC so far. I miss all the artsy fartsy stuff.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
GeminiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #378
Poolrat

I just took Glenn's top of the page spot. Well now 2 spots. I guess now 3.

I guess I will just wait here
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #379
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She adapted this from me. When we’re trying to get out the door to go somewhere, I’ll yell “Hello people, how’re we comin’? Are we approaching a state of readiness?”
Wow, that is really sad trying to steal the credit like that..........

Quote:
♪ ♪ ♫ …daydream belieber and a homecoming queen… ♪ ♪ ♫

Quote:
At least you don’t have a memory of sitting in the parlor listening to old radio shows. Or do you?

Quote:
There was plenty of opportunity. I even posted it over lunch, so I thought somebody was going to snap it up quickly. You just never know. Rosie is definitely kicking herself – no, scratch that – it’s my fault for not following her work/sleep schedule.
You're a bad, bad man!!!

Quote:
Good Golly Miss Molly!

Yep, Pat….and Marv, of all people. Get goin’ Molly.
HEY!!!! She was clueless who the real competition is.............not that THAT is anything new!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Geee I welcome you back and I get this ?!?!?!?! I may have to reconsider... Game ON.
Yeah, especially when you are only a distant second!!! How is that dust tastin'????

Quote:
Playing Kick the can....
I'll kick somebody's.................

Quote:
Just because I am often nice enough to step aside and give other's a chance..................

Quote:
Glenn you are bringing the funny. Either that or I am finding everything funny today.
Oh, now you're trying for the suck-up points???

Quote:

A new low? Hanging out hoping to catch an update so you aren't a bridesmaid yet again???

Or maybe you are turning into one of those groupies that camped for days and kept Lauren from seeing her beloved Today show............maybe the first ever "Glenn-eiber"

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #380
Poolrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

Quote:
Oh Really?!?!?!?

Quote:
Yeah, especially when you are only a distant second!!! How is that dust tastin'????
Distant??? I am in second place- a tie for second but still second - Watch out I might outtouch you at the wall. ( that's an olympic swimming reference )

Quote:
I'll kick somebody's.................
watch out I bite

Quote:
Just because I am often nice enough to step aside and give other's a chance..................
Is THAT what you are calling it ???

Quote:
Oh, now you're trying for the suck-up points???

A new low? Hanging out hoping to catch an update so you aren't a bridesmaid yet again???
Have you seen Bridesmaid dressses??? Not usually the most attractive things. Still have one in my closet that I will never wear again ( not that I can actually get into it now) 1980s poufy shoulder sleeves.

Not a chance - going for the gold baby.

Quote:
Or maybe you are turning into one of those groupies that camped for days and kept Lauren from seeing her beloved Today show............maybe the first ever "Glenn-eiber"
Still here.... Just saying....
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #381
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How am I gettting dragged into this??? Oh wait- I said nice poster and Marv copied me... that how.
Whenever there's trouble...

Quote:
Playing Kick the can....
Yep, did that.

Quote:
That's gotta be it.

Quote:
You might be in an easily-humored state today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Just loving this report on NYC so far. I miss all the artsy fartsy stuff.
You came to the right place...that's my middle name. Except maybe without the 'artsy' part.

Quote:

Sorry, it was just a coincidence that I ended replies at a new page. I wasn't intending to put up a new chapter. But feel free to campout if you want to!

Quote:
I prefer to think of it as claiming credit.

Quote:
You're a bad, bad man!!!
I'm hearing that in a Lou Costello voice.

Quote:
No, she wouldn't be the first....I have these adoring groupies camped out right now:
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #382
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still here.... Just saying....
You ain't kiddin'. Your little green light is on and everything.

Sorry, I'm not working on an update...I'm copying photos to DVD's, backing up a couple of years' worth of pictures. I have them on an external drive, but like to have the DVD's too.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #383
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a great tour of Rock Center! Lauren did a great job with the descriptions and the pictures!

Beautiful picture of the Cathedral. I love it when shots come out like that.

Baby, Baby, Baby, OH- what a bummer about Beiber! I hope that incredibly well-designed sign does not go to waste.

I also appreciate fine Lego art, so I appreciate the posting of the Lego Prometheus tribute sculpture.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #384
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Checking in, what a great trip report so far! I honestly thought I'd just be glad to read the WDW parts of this blog, but the NYC chapters are really interesting! Your daughter is doing a fantastic job of making things come alive! That rockerfeller building seems pretty extravagant, very art deco in style. I loved the pics of the British Trade building too!

Looking forwards eagerly to the next chapters

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #385
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Nice update Lauren! (And Glenn.) Looks like a pretty cool place to spend a morning. I see there was some nifty banter going. If you are getting nostalgic for the old days there Marv, I have about 150 episdoes of The Phil Harris / Alice Faye show (a must for Disney die hards) and prob 500 Fibber McGee and Molly episdoes.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #386
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a great tour of Rock Center! Lauren did a great job with the descriptions and the pictures!
Thank you! I'll let her know that you liked it.

Quote:
Beautiful picture of the Cathedral. I love it when shots come out like that.

Baby, Baby, Baby, OH- what a bummer about Beiber! I hope that incredibly well-designed sign does not go to waste.
We shall see....

Quote:
I also appreciate fine Lego art, so I appreciate the posting of the Lego Prometheus tribute sculpture.
Since you're a fellow Lego art connoisseur I'll let you know -- the Lego dragon at DTD is actually on loan from my private collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Checking in, what a great trip report so far!
Squidgy, I could have sworn that you posted here before but it must have been the PTR.

Quote:
I honestly thought I'd just be glad to read the WDW parts of this blog, but the NYC chapters are really interesting!
Perish the thought! The whole thing is going to at least rate as "interesting".
To borrow (and modify) a quote from the movie "Vacation".....you think you hate it now, but wait'll you read it!

Quote:
Your daughter is doing a fantastic job of making things come alive! That rockerfeller building seems pretty extravagant, very art deco in style. I loved the pics of the British Trade building too!

Looking forwards eagerly to the next chapters
Thanks Squidge. It looked like a great tour, didn't it.

More good stuff to come.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #387
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Nice update Lauren! (And Glenn.)
Thank you for recognizing my efforts to code all of the pictures into her narrative. Whew!

Quote:
Looks like a pretty cool place to spend a morning.
It does!

Quote:
I see there was some nifty banter going. If you are getting nostalgic for the old days there Marv, I have about 150 episdoes of The Phil Harris / Alice Faye show (a must for Disney die hards) and prob 500 Fibber McGee and Molly episdoes.
Ah yes, Phil Harris who did some voice work on "The Aristocats". Hard to imagine that Disney employed someone who's biggest hit was "Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette", although it probably wasn't considered a vice back then. I'm not familiar with Alice Faye and whether she did any work for Disney.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #388
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Ah yes, Phil Harris who did some voice work on "The Aristocats". Hard to imagine that Disney employed someone who's biggest hit was "Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette", although it probably wasn't considered a vice back then. I'm not familiar with Alice Faye and whether she did any work for Disney.
One in the same. He did Baloo on Jungle Book, Thomas O'Malley in Aristocats and Little John in Robin Hood. Before that, he had a career in radio, first with Jack Benny, then on his own show. I still think the Phil Harris / Alice Faye show was the best in radio. As to Alice Faye, she never did anything Disney, though on their radio show, they had to re-enact Cinderella for their sponsor's daughter's birthday party because Walt Disney ("Old Walter" to Phil) denied his request to check out the reels for a private screening. Walt wasn't actually in the episode, but it still cracked me right up. Hard to imagine the days before VCR's, DVD's, DVR's and Blu-Ray. (Link to that episode is here.)

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #389
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I have a SLEEP schedule ????? My work schedule fills up most of my time so sleep is not on a schedule just whenever I can fir it in!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #390
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One in the same. He did Baloo on Jungle Book, Thomas O'Malley in Aristocats and Little John in Robin Hood. Before that, he had a career in radio, first with Jack Benny, then on his own show. I still think the Phil Harris / Alice Faye show was the best in radio. As to Alice Faye, she never did anything Disney, though on their radio show, they had to re-enact Cinderella for their sponsor's daughter's birthday party because Walt Disney ("Old Walter" to Phil) denied his request to check out the reels for a private screening. Walt wasn't actually in the episode, but it still cracked me right up. Hard to imagine the days before VCR's, DVD's, DVR's and Blu-Ray. (Link to that episode is here.)
Old Walter! Wow, you are a Phil Harris groupie.

It's amazing that there are even copies of the episodes you have. Back then, they couldn't imagine that there would be a market for those shows after they originally ran, plus the tape was expensive, so they usually just copied over them. I recently read that only a handful of individual segments of Johnny Carson's first 10 years on the Tonight Show ('62-'72) are still around today...favorite segments of his that were saved only at his personal request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I have a SLEEP schedule ????? My work schedule fills up most of my time so sleep is not on a schedule just whenever I can fir it in!!
Well you don't need it, but I have to get my beauty sleep.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: