Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #361
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Awesome! Will you be doing a TR?
Yes, if I can get my bosses to quit asking me to do actual work!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #362
marvali
DIS Veteran
 
marvali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 5,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Okay, now I’ll turn it back over to Lauren and she can fill us in on the start of Day 2…

My mom and I woke up at 4 am after a restless night of sirens, honking and other city noises. People weren’t kidding when they called it the city that never sleeps! We both got showered, dressed, had breakfast and did the other necessities for readiness.
Love this. Sounds like one of those terms everyone will adopt when posting DIS TRs..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I also grabbed the poster that I had made before we left. I find it to be pretty clever.

Nice job on the poster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
As we walked there, we didn’t see any Beliebers which was lucky for them. I really wanted to punch one of them right in the face.
Too funny............usually kids are wanting to punch someone because they CAN'T get to see JB! I guess he just never made a belieber out of Lauren..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I didn’t realize how cool it was until I took this next one. This is of the older version of the peacock that was apparently around when my mom was a kid, so the middle ages I’m guessing, lol. You can also see Jason to the right probably talking about the Rockefeller family.


Middle ages??? Watch it girl!!! I remember when that one was black and white instead of color!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
After that we went out and saw the seal where they put the gigantic Christmas tree each year. It even has the date that they’re putting it up, which is November 28th of this year. After the tree is taken away, they give the seal to the family that donated the tree. Isn’t that awesome? Too bad we don’t have any trees big enough…

Now THAT is really cool!!!

Tell Lauren she is doing an excellent job with the write-up, and some really good pics to go with it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You seem a little wishy washy, saying Zero but with an "although" caveat. The Rules Committee believes that Zero is your answer, so will give you this round's points, which total one point.

Updated scores are:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 1 Judy-sighting win
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 2 Judy-sighting wins

I won again!!! Can't believe that one was out there a whole hour before anyone noticed it!!! Guess Rosie must have been napping......

Not being wishy washy. I looked through all of those pictures three times straining to find anything that could pass for Judy or a part thereof! I was just mentioning that after all the looking, the little bit of hair in the one picture was the only thing I could find that might even qualify, and as I said it would be really hard to know one way or the other.
__________________

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #363
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry for hijacking your thread Glenn but I don't have a PTR just yet and thought your TR would be the perfect place to tell everybody.

I'm engaged!!!!! Andrew proposed yesterday at the beach. There were about 10 of us there and everyone had known for about a month! It was a big surprise and so awesome. I just needed to share this with my DIS friends.

Congrats Yuki.... The beach is a great place for a proposal!!!
He pulled off a surprise too!! How great!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
. I remember that peacock as the "old" peacock, the newer one was current when I was watching, but Judy's older than I am so that must be it.
Watch it Mister. Even if she WAS born before you no woman wants to hear she is older...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Middle ages??? Watch it girl!!! I remember when that one was black and white instead of color!!!
You must of been the first on your block with a TV. Get off of my lawn...


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I won again!!! Can't believe that one was out there a whole hour before anyone noticed it!!! Guess Rosie must have been napping......

Just after you mid morning nap eh? Yes you won again.... I will give you a but don't make a habit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Not being wishy washy. I looked through all of those pictures three times straining to find anything that could pass for Judy or a part thereof! I was just mentioning that after all the looking, the little bit of hair in the one picture was the only thing I could find that might even qualify, and as I said it would be really hard to know one way or the other.
I looked hard too - the blue sweater or sweatshirt was a maybe and so was the hair. The thumb was also in question but since Lauren did the first thumb picture and there was no indication that Lauren did not take those pictures.

I think I am agreeing with you.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #364
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

I won again!!! Can't believe that one was out there a whole hour before anyone noticed it!!! Guess Rosie must have been napping......
I was in shock still from the Fire Truck incident That's my story and I am sticking to it !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #365
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,900

Yuki Congrat on being engaged !!!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #366
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370

Loved Laurens history lesson!! What an amazing building! As for the 'middle ages' peacock, count me in on remembering it and the fact that it came on prior to Disney.

I would say, great use of points, especially since it would have been difficult at best, to find something as nice any less expensive!

Darn for Bieber fever and fingers crossed that your awesome poster gets the recognition it deserves the next day!!!

Dad, don't feel bed! Can you imagine how many girls gave their parents a bad time for not knowing, as they wanted to go hear him, but didn't get the chance??!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #367
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,272

Yep that was me on Dan's reports.

Great update but that stinks about Justin ruining it for you. Take him to court, everyone else is.

No seriously I hope you do get to see the TODAY show sometime.

The art inside looks nice. I live here and never toured it but been to the top.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #368
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,075

Ok, somehow this got taken off my subscribed threads list and I missed the Wicked update. It looks like it was a fun evening though. It's cool that the theater took the Oz theming to such extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oops. Epic Fail on the part of your Trip Planner.
Uh oh. Way to go Glenn!


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I cried most of the way back to the hotel as my mom tried to comfort me. I grew up watching the Today show.
And the sad thing is, the average person on the street probably thought you were crying because you couldn't see the Justin Bieber, not because you couldn't meet Al Roker (or whoever they put on the street these days. I'm never home to see the Today show).


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
As we walked there, we didn’t see any Beliebers which was lucky for them. I really wanted to punch one of them right in the face.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
This next photo pays homage to the Prometheus sculpture, Lego style.
That is awesome!


Great pictures of Rockefeller Center and the artwork there!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #369
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran
 
Disneybuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,028

Another great update by Lauren. Hope the Today show works out better on day two
__________________


Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #370
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
 
3prettyprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,305

Wow Glenn, I am seriously behind which of course means my nemesis Pat has been racking up the Judy sighting points! Time to get back in the game.

I only briefly and quickly skimmed here but I love love love Lauren's NYC TR! Her writing is fantastic Glenn, you must be so proud. Looks like she and Judy had an amazing mother/daughter trip together. What a great idea. And for the record, Lauren I agree with you on the Justin Bieber thing too. I'll be back to catch up.
__________________
3prettyprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #371
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,900

I am ready for an update right NOW!!!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #372
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran
 
GeminiAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,231

Woo Hoo, just found ya. on board!
__________________
October 2016, 22 people, 7 nights, at POP. In the works!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
GeminiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #373
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yes, if I can get my bosses to quit asking me to do actual work!
Well, since I took my time in replying and you now have a trip report started I can surmise that your bosses have let somebody else lean on the shovel for a while so that you can write your TR. Tell them ‘thanks’ for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Love this. Sounds like one of those terms everyone will adopt when posting DIS TRs..............
She adapted this from me. When we’re trying to get out the door to go somewhere, I’ll yell “Hello people, how’re we comin’? Are we approaching a state of readiness?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Nice job on the poster!!!
Like I said to a previous post (maybe replying to Pat?), I was absolutely no help on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Too funny............usually kids are wanting to punch someone because they CAN'T get to see JB! I guess he just never made a belieber out of Lauren..............
♪ ♪ ♫ …daydream belieber and a homecoming queen… ♪ ♪ ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Middle ages??? Watch it girl!!! I remember when that one was black and white instead of color!!!
At least you don’t have a memory of sitting in the parlor listening to old radio shows. Or do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Now THAT is really cool!!!
I tried flipping that picture around so that the writing is right-side-up, but it made me dizzy to look at. It was taken the way it appears, and if you flip it upside-down, it looks worse. But yeah, pretty cool that they have a seal where the tree goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Tell Lauren she is doing an excellent job with the write-up, and some really good pics to go with it!!!
Thanks, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I won again!!! Can't believe that one was out there a whole hour before anyone noticed it!!! Guess Rosie must have been napping......
There was plenty of opportunity. I even posted it over lunch, so I thought somebody was going to snap it up quickly. You just never know. Rosie is definitely kicking herself – no, scratch that – it’s my fault for not following her work/sleep schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Not being wishy washy. I looked through all of those pictures three times straining to find anything that could pass for Judy or a part thereof! I was just mentioning that after all the looking, the little bit of hair in the one picture was the only thing I could find that might even qualify, and as I said it would be really hard to know one way or the other.
I agree, there were plenty of extraneous items to look closely at in that chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Watch it Mister. Even if she WAS born before you no woman wants to hear she is older...
You’re right. She was born before me, but I’m older. I passed her a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You must of been the first on your block with a TV. Get off of my lawn...
Hey you kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I looked hard too - the blue sweater or sweatshirt was a maybe and so was the hair. The thumb was also in question but since Lauren did the first thumb picture and there was no indication that Lauren did not take those pictures.

I think I am agreeing with you.
Like you said, “don’t make a habit of it”!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I was in shock still from the Fire Truck incident That's my story and I am sticking to it !!!
Something tells me you have a lot of stories that you’re sticking to. Aesop's got nuthin' on you.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #374
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Loved Laurens history lesson!! What an amazing building! As for the 'middle ages' peacock, count me in on remembering it and the fact that it came on prior to Disney.
Thanks ShortStuff.

According to my kids, you (along with me) are officially “old”. I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
I would say, great use of points, especially since it would have been difficult at best, to find something as nice any less expensive!
I agree! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Darn for Bieber fever and fingers crossed that your awesome poster gets the recognition it deserves the next day!!!
Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Dad, don't feel bed! Can you imagine how many girls gave their parents a bad time for not knowing, as they wanted to go hear him, but didn't get the chance??!!
Good point! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Yep that was me on Dan's reports.
Well, good to have you along. Dan still comes on here and leaves some misspelled posts for us to decipher every so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update but that stinks about Justin ruining it for you. Take him to court, everyone else is.
Oh yeah, there’s gotta be money in it somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
No seriously I hope you do get to see the TODAY show sometime.
Time will tell…

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The art inside looks nice. I live here and never toured it but been to the top.
I want to see it myself! Now that Judy’s an expert with the train and subway, we may make a run in for the day sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ok, somehow this got taken off my subscribed threads list and I missed the Wicked update. It looks like it was a fun evening though. It's cool that the theater took the Oz theming to such extremes.
I’ve done that too…I think I’ve accidentally cliked on ‘unsubscribe’ instead of ‘last page’. I know they’re not near each other, but that’s my guess.

They loved the show, absolutely loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Uh oh. Way to go Glenn!
Yeah. Whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
And the sad thing is, the average person on the street probably thought you were crying because you couldn't see the Justin Bieber, not because you couldn't meet Al Roker (or whoever they put on the street these days. I'm never home to see the Today show).
You’re right, they probably thought she was a disappointed Belieber.

I don’t think she has any particular fondness for Al, but just wanted to be on-screen in the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That is awesome!
Ah, you’re an art lover, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Great pictures of Rockefeller Center and the artwork there!
Thanks Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Another great update by Lauren. Hope the Today show works out better on day two
Thanks, I’ll tell Lauren you liked it.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #375
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Wow Glenn, I am seriously behind which of course means my nemesis Pat has been racking up the Judy sighting points! Time to get back in the game.
Good Golly Miss Molly!

Yep, Pat….and Marv, of all people. Get goin’ Molly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I only briefly and quickly skimmed here but I love love love Lauren's NYC TR! Her writing is fantastic Glenn, you must be so proud.
Thank you! Yes, we always wanted to have a DISer. I’ll drag her on here, one way or another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Looks like she and Judy had an amazing mother/daughter trip together. What a great idea. And for the record, Lauren I agree with you on the Justin Bieber thing too. I'll be back to catch up.
They had a FANTASTIC time. Still a lot to report on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am ready for an update right NOW!!!!!!
Well of course you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Woo Hoo, just found ya. on board!
Hi GeminiAngel! I’ve seen your screen-name around the boards. Thanks for joining here.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: