Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #271
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Love, love, love AKV and Jambo house!! Absolutely gorgeous and such a wonderful place to be! From the music, to the art work, it engulfs you and deposits you into another world!!

Will look forward to the rest of your families adventure!!:
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #272
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hello,
Great report so far. The Naked Cowboy is a NYC tradition. Crazy taxi's are the norm. "Wicked" is my favorite. The room looks really nice.

Looking forward to more.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #273
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

Thanks for the ammo!
Any time.

The girls seem to be having a great time.

It's cute to see through a teenagers eyes (because they haven't learned yet what to look for-like us mom's have for them ) what is cool and what would be a no way jose for most of us.
That shower is scary!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #274
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Well I can't argue that...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
He definitely got into the nitty gritty of it!
Quote:
Well, in post #233 she detailed where each one could be found and mentioned that the chapter was two separate posts (in a vain attempt to get a second point), so we the Rules Committee will leave the point with her.
well i tried...do i get point for trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh yes I did seperate and also combine and per the rules committe it was 1 update but in 2 posts , oh the devious means you boys will go to in order that I don't get a point . Thank goodness the Rules Commitee ruled for Rosie !!

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #275
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

The room looked awesome! Very nice!

The set to Wicked looked great, too. Glad Lauren and Judy liked it. I think any show on broadway would be awesome.

Mmmmm...Indian food! I love it!

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #276
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Very cool that you were in some of the same places.

My daughter Lauren (in some of the NYC pictures) is writing the New York portion of the trip, since I wasn't along for it. I knew about the Naked Cowboy but didn't edit her writing so that you folks could read it from the perspective of someone who didn't know to expect such a sight!
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't comment...since this is Lauren's Dad posting and I wasn't there. You know more about it than I do!
Oh oops, I keep on forgetting while writing the comments that the true author of this TR isn't writing for this certain portion. Definitely a change of scenery in terms of how I comment on my TRs. Hope I didn't throw you off at times
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #277
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Another great update Lauren! Glad you enjoyed Wicked. It is on my list of things to do.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #278
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry I'm a little behind on the update.
No problem. I have no room to judge!

Quote:
The room looks really pretty...and big. I hate when rooms are so cold though and you can't get the temp adjusted.
I think they eventually got the temperature up, and the room worked out really well for them.

Quote:
Lauren cracked me up on the cabdrivers...they are just like that in Downtown Chicago...I pray for my life every day I go to work.
Really, you take a cab every day?

Quote:
Glad Lauren and Judy enjoyed their meal at the Indian restaurant (that and Mexican I just do not care for).
Oh man, I love 'em both.

Quote:
I'm so glad they enjoyed the play (I've missed it every time it has been in Chicago). Great photos inside the theater.
They'd highly recommend it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
FYI- Kalahari in Sandusky would be closer to Pennsylvania. Great Wolf Lodge is nice too.
rachel09985! I'll go out on a limb and assume you're Rachel. Thanks for joining.

We used to get promo-ads in the mail for Great Wolf Lodge, but we haven't for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I know, right?!
He probably needs to get a few more anniversaries under his belt before he realizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
And I should know better than to type a response on my iPad..."I had to laughter?"
I saw that but didn't understand how you made the typo until you cleared it up....but I completey understand now that I have an iPhone. That autofill feature is handy, but can really mess you up sometimes.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #279
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Love, love, love AKV and Jambo house!! Absolutely gorgeous and such a wonderful place to be! From the music, to the art work, it engulfs you and deposits you into another world!!

Will look forward to the rest of your families adventure!!:
We love it too. When I saw that they were building Kidani Village, we couldn't resist buying-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hello,
Great report so far. The Naked Cowboy is a NYC tradition. Crazy taxi's are the norm. "Wicked" is my favorite. The room looks really nice.

Looking forward to more.
Hi Scott! I remember you from Dan's reports, I believe.

Yeah, I think the ladies got the real New York experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post

The girls seem to be having a great time.

It's cute to see through a teenagers eyes (because they haven't learned yet what to look for-like us mom's have for them ) what is cool and what would be a no way jose for most of us.
That shower is scary!!
I know, it's fun for me to read it from her perspective as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
well i tried...do i get point for trying.

You'll have more opportunities. For legit points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
The room looked awesome! Very nice!
It was perfect for them.

Quote:
The set to Wicked looked great, too. Glad Lauren and Judy liked it. I think any show on broadway would be awesome.
I agree, but this was the one they wanted to see. It didn't disappoint.

Quote:
Mmmmm...Indian food! I love it!
Now we're talkin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh oops, I keep on forgetting while writing the comments that the true author of this TR isn't writing for this certain portion. Definitely a change of scenery in terms of how I comment on my TRs. Hope I didn't throw you off at times
No, not a problem at all. I'm just sorry that you don't get a personal reply from someone in-the-know, but I'm getting her to write the chapters so that'll have to be enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Another great update Lauren! Glad you enjoyed Wicked. It is on my list of things to do.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more!
It was on her list too, along with something else later in the trip.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #280
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Glenn you can do another Judy sighting Oh I mean updateI am home for now so am waiting anxiously!!If you like I will give you my schedule so you lnow when to post!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #281
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hilarious! Ah, they should've let it go....it fits with the character! Who knew that those Mr. Potatohead costumes actually worked, ie. had interchangeable parts. Kinda cool actually.
I know! I thought they should leave him, too! I supposed they didn't have the authority to ad lib. It is really cool that the parts do come off - they could really work with that one.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #282
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Loved the update, Lauren! Cute room - looks like they stole their kitchenette design from DVC! The room is actually bigger than I expected for downtown NY.

I'm not sure I would go for Indian food, although we had friends from India when I was a child and I liked her cooking. Since I've grown up, I haven't really cared for Moroccan or African spices, so I have a feeling Indian would taste like that. I don't like the yellow curry for sure.

Crazy cab ride! I think it makes the experience authentic, right?

I'm so happy you got to see Wicked! It is truly amazing! I have the soundtrack, and I love Defying Gravity, too! I think it made me cry the first few times I listened to it in the car. I had to stop playing it while driving.

Looking forward to your next story - sounds like maybe you slept in?
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #283
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

19 pages. That's what I get for being late.

I've got coffee, I've got some time....see you in a bit.

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #284
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, not so bad-didn't take me as long as I thought! Thank you for the links.

I LOVE reading about the first impressions of NYC! It brings me back to my first copule times here and the awe I had at some things. Now it's just "normal" and when we visit the rest of the nation we are in awe.

Quote:
This one picture shows the first of many pigeons we would see throughout our trip. My mom called them “rats with wings” which I have to say is very accurate.
That's what I call them too! They can be a bit much sometimes, can't they?

Quote:
There was one interesting thing that I didn’t take a picture of. There was a man out in the street (a safe part) that was wearing only underwear and playing the guitar. If you looked at him straight on, it didn’t look like he was wearing anything at all.
In case no one else commented on this, that is the Naked Cowboy. They even sell postcards of him. And apparently, though I haven't seen him yet, there is now also a Naked Indian.

Glad to hear the ladies enjoyed Wicked! The set is truly incredible, and the scene changes alone are amazing. The hotel looks really nice too! Many NYC hotels, even the expensive ones, aren't that great and are reallyyyyy tiny. Glad to see the Manhattan Club is a good one!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #285
BMC423
DIS Veteran

I'm here and by the looks of it very behind! Thanks for the message, I've been away from the DIS for a bit so it was a nice surprise to find! I'll type as I read along. Nice family picture in the intro. I like the Senior trip title!

That building that Lauren liked is a movie theatre and the rest of it is a hotel! Good job on the trip plan. I love the not the Jersey Penn station reminder. Patsy's is really famous here, I have never been but it supposed to be really good! It's also in the Muppets take Manhattan!

Tell Lauren not to feel bad about saying no to the rent a bike people, there has been an explosion of these businesses in the city and frankly I think they are more annoying than the pigeons! Central Park! I love it there to me it's a peaceful place in the middle of all the craziness. Dh also proposed to me there so it's pretty special to me!

Aren't the M&M store and Toys R Us amazing?!?! Did they get to visit the Disney store? Fluffy's is right around the corner from my job! I should have given you my number to pass along to Judy we could have met! I forgot...next time!

Oh yeah and those Mickey and Minnie mouses freak me out! I know tourists love them but I'm just concerned about who is inside those costumes. The just buy those costumes and then go out taking pictures with people,then they ask people for a tip in the end.

That Indian food looked really good yum! I have yet to see Wicked, I guess its that I live here I can go when I want mentality but now I'm motivated! I have seen Phantom and loved it!

Great job on the TR so far Lauren can't wait to read more!

Now that I'm all caught up, I'll be keeping an eye out for Judys!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
BMC423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: