Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #2191
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OK, so first I'm going to amend an earlier comment and say that Space Mountain is indeed getting bumpier. Expedition Everest on the other hand...
You would definitely be in a position to assess EE, you've ridden it so many times!

Quote:
Poppy and Grumpy... Love it! So perfect.
A perfect pairing.

Quote:
Wow I can't wait for New Fantasyland. It's gonna be somethin'!!
Yeah, me too! Actually, I am really looking forward to the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train.

Quote:
Seriously though, it's actually kinda cool to look at construction pics again. It's hard to believe it all used to look like that.
It seems to take a long time, and then, boom...it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Dagnabbit.........I wish I had noticed that particular one..........

Oh, I guess I did.........
Not the first time around, but you did pick it up later. Good catch!

Quote:
Ouch, runner up status AND the proverbial glennbo salt in the wound rub.........
She wouldn't know how to act otherwise.

Quote:
Only if he's reading along on your TR..........
Oh yeah, I've got a big character following.

Quote:
Not sure I would have admitted that..........
I know. It is one of the more embarrassing things I've admitted in my trip reporting.

Quote:
Marv? Is that you???
Really!

Quote:
Actually picked up on what I thought was James on the right first. Wasn't completely sure that was Judy until going back and forth a few times to check that her hair was hitting the same spot on her ear in that picture and the next one that I knew was her.
To be honest, I'd forgotten that I'd taken that picture that way and like you, I noticed James first when I was creating the chapter. I was like "Oh yeah!".
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #2192
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally back to comment somewhat... I think, If I didn't comment already.

Quote:
Great shots in the HM, I used a different setting and I am curious to see how mine came out.
Mine could still be (a lot) better. Not sure if it's my camera equipment or what I'm doing...probably both.

Quote:
I am glad James gave it a spin.
Me too.

Quote:
Poppy and Gram look like they had a blast. Even if Poppy is looking "grumpy"
It was a lot of walking for them, but they had a good time. He got over his Space sickness pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Work has been crazy, so not had time to keep up with all my threads !!! With my Free trips staring I am a BUSY lady !!! So much to do and so little time !!!
That's a good problem to have...free trips coming up! I read about your work adventures when you came back -- crazy and irritating, I know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #2193
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Finally got round to reading all my threads... I should clear some out!
Hey, I'm in the same boat...I need to get to several.

Quote:
Great update, you did really well with those dark ride photos! Much better than i would have done.
Thank you!

Quote:
I've never been in the hall of presidents, I should get around to that!
I wouldn't put it on the top of the list, but if you've done most other things, then give it a shot.

Quote:
Rest assured I will be checking more often now we are planning a trip for next year! Looking forwards to the next update
Oh, that's great news! Congrats! Will you be doing a Planning pre-TR, or a trip report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Glenn! I just can't stay caught up.
Don't sweat it. Great to see you!

Quote:
Let's see:

Lots of Judies
Sure enough.

Quote:
I love how Grammy and Poppy are so ready to do about anything so far! They are so cute, and such troopers - such great family memories you made, I'm sure.
They were troopers, and we had a good time. I just read where "the 1%" sometimes hire disabled guides to tour with at Disney so that they get preferential treatment at the rides....not us! Gram and Poppy should have used scooters or wheelchairs, but wouldn't hear of it!

Quote:
Looks like James enjoyed the sorcerer game - I'm not telling our kids about it, because we are going to be so short on ride time with 10 in our crowd and only 6 days to do it all in. We are going to have to do Agent P at Epcot, though!
I'll be interested to hear how long it takes until one of them asks what that is that other kids are doing. I know what you mean though...so many things to do, and so little time.

Quote:
Cute story about James and HM. I love that he was still so young and unjaded. DGS, 8 and DGD 5 here would absolutely freak out so we aren't going to even think about that one. Our Oregon little ones, DGS 6 and DGS 2 on the other hand will probably ride it and enjoy.
Yes, there is an age where they actually seem to get more skittish, very strange.

Quote:
Cute castle pics!
I love the pics of the grands with the dwarfs- so sweet!
Thanks, ma'am!

Quote:
I can't believe it's the end of May already - is Lauren home for Summer yet? What are your plans this year?
Yes, she got back this week. She had a good school year. The other kids (and Judy) have a few weeks yet before summer vacation.

No real vacation plans. We have a wedding to go to on "Mahtha's Vinyahd", but it'll just be a weekend trip. I've never been there before, so it'll be interesting to see though! Disney-wise, last year's trip (in this report) took so many points that we need to let 'em build back up a little. We may hit a nearby amusement park or two, like Hershey or Great Adventure. I'd like to take James to a go-kart track near Hershey, I think that'd be fun.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #2194
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
they were troopers, and we had a good time. I just read where "the 1%" sometimes hire disabled guides to tour with at disney so that they get preferential treatment at the rides....not us! Gram and poppy should have used scooters or wheelchairs, but wouldn't hear of it!

i read about that, too. We've been with an uncle who had a doc's note for heel spurs and all 6 of us got in with him before the fp days - it felt a little strange and i was glad to get the fp instead. I just can't imagine trying to justify that 1% . Kudos to your parents!

i'll be interested to hear how long it takes until one of them asks what that is that other kids are doing. I know what you mean though...so many things to do, and so little time.

i'm hoping they'll be distracted "look! There goes goofy! Let's see if we can catch up to him at jungle cruise!'

yes, there is an age where they actually seem to get more skittish, very strange.

Thanks, ma'am!

Yes, she got back this week. She had a good school year. The other kids (and judy) have a few weeks yet before summer vacation.

No real vacation plans. We have a wedding to go to on "mahtha's vinyahd", but it'll just be a weekend trip. I've never been there before, so it'll be interesting to see though! Disney-wise, last year's trip (in this report) took so many points that we need to let 'em build back up a little. We may hit a nearby amusement park or two, like hershey or great adventure. I'd like to take james to a go-kart track near hershey, i think that'd be fun.
z
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #2195
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'll be interested to hear how long it takes until one of them asks what that is that other kids are doing. I know what you mean though...so many things to do, and so little time.

I'm hoping they'll be too distracted. "LOOK! There goes Goofy - maybe we can catch him at Jungle Cruise!"

Yes, she got back this week. She had a good school year. The other kids (and Judy) have a few weeks yet before summer vacation.

No real vacation plans. We have a wedding to go to on "Mahtha's Vinyahd", but it'll just be a weekend trip. I've never been there before, so it'll be interesting to see though! Disney-wise, last year's trip (in this report) took so many points that we need to let 'em build back up a little. We may hit a nearby amusement park or two, like Hershey or Great Adventure. I'd like to take James to a go-kart track near Hershey, I think that'd be fun.
I'm glad her year went well.

IKWYM about the points. We'll be doing the same. Sounds like you'll still have fun, no matter what. I am enjoying living where there's a SeaWorld and water park for the first time. We had a little after dinner run at the water park last night - very refreshing!

ETA: Thought I got kicked out and didn't know the first one posted. Oh well.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #2196
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

I don't know about a pre trip report, but a mini TR might well be on the cards, or possibly even a full one! Especially since this time around ill be doing some new things, for me anyway! That reminds me, I should get around to buying a larger memory card. Last trip in 09 I filled even my shoddy camera up with pictures on the penultimate day! It was a hard choice choosing some to get rid of for that last park day I can tell you!

I may call on you for advice in the future, sensei.
(All Offsite, 14 Days. WDW, US/IOA, SeaWorld and KSC)

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 07, London 08 and 09, Malta 07/2011.

NEXT TRIP: Unknown
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #2197
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in maybe I will mess up the top of the page again for Glenn !! If he is like Marv he can blame Pat and me for no update
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #2198
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Now I see that it would've made a better picture if I'd turned them right-side-up. Doh!
So it wasn't obvious when you took the picture?

Quote:
But just "by way of" because none of us were crazy enough to go on those.
I figured Poppy would be all over that one.

Quote:
I knew that all of you would be interested to see the progress on the New Fantasyland construction, so I made sure to take some pictures. So, here you go -- New Fantasyland construction from back in June of 2012.
Wow!!! Thanks, Glenn!

Quote:
I think this new area is really going to be something when it's finished, don't you?
Well, technically it isn't finished, but I think that dwarf coaster might actually make it worth checking the area out once it is done.

Quote:
(Now now....no jokes asking which one they put in the White House.)

Quote:
The other observation I had that I thought was kind of funny was how the Presidents all nod when they're introduced. Apparently, that's what you do when you're an animatronic former-President being introduced. But with 44 of them, it got to be a little repetitive. I was just dying for one of them to switch it up with a wave or a hearty "Yo!".
I agree. As impressive as all the animatronics are, you'd think they'd at least be able to program in something a little different just to change it up. Maybe a little chest pound and point to the sky like you see a lot when a basketball player is introduced?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #2199
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm hoping they'll be too distracted. "LOOK! There goes Goofy - maybe we can catch him at Jungle Cruise!"
I hope that works! The one I always mention is that James doesn't know about DisneyQuest because he loves videogames so much, we'd never be able to get him out of there. Well, the other night we were watching one of those "Behind the Scenes of WDW" shows and what comes on but DisneyQuest. He didn't say anything, but we'll see what happens next time.

Quote:
IKWYM about the points. We'll be doing the same. Sounds like you'll still have fun, no matter what. I am enjoying living where there's a SeaWorld and water park for the first time. We had a little after dinner run at the water park last night - very refreshing!
Yep, we'll manage. I'm too busy at work this year to take a 2-week vacation like I did last year so maybe the timing is working out for the best.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #2200
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know about a pre trip report, but a mini TR might well be on the cards, or possibly even a full one! Especially since this time around ill be doing some new things, for me anyway!
Make sure you send me a pm when you start! I wanna read it.

Quote:
That reminds me, I should get around to buying a larger memory card. Last trip in 09 I filled even my shoddy camera up with pictures on the penultimate day! It was a hard choice choosing some to get rid of for that last park day I can tell you!
Oh, that's gotta stink, deleting pictures. Yes, buy a bigger one. They probably sell them in the camera shops at the parks but are more expensive, I'm sure.

Quote:
I may call on you for advice in the future, sensei.
Whatever you need Squidy, just let me know. In the meantime, please sand my floor, paint my fence, and wax my cars.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #2201
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in maybe I will mess up the top of the page again for Glenn !! If he is like Marv he can blame Pat and me for no update
Nobody can mess up my pages quite like you Rosie!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #2202
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
So it wasn't obvious when you took the picture?
What, you think I'm looking at the subject matter??? Sheesh!

Quote:
I figured Poppy would be all over that one.
Well, something would've been all over.

Quote:
Wow!!! Thanks, Glenn!
Hey, just one more service that this trip report provides.

Quote:
Well, technically it isn't finished, but I think that dwarf coaster might actually make it worth checking the area out once it is done.
I'm with you, I can't wait to try that one out.

Quote:
I agree. As impressive as all the animatronics are, you'd think they'd at least be able to program in something a little different just to change it up. Maybe a little chest pound and point to the sky like you see a lot when a basketball player is introduced?
Here you go Imagineers....get on it:

Old 05-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #2205
marvali
DIS Veteran

Can I help?????

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: