Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #2146
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh heck that combination of comments made me laugh.

Quote:
Speaking of getting my goat...this is what happens when you do.
From my phone, I got a link to a bunch of vidoes…is there one in particular? I tried at work and it looked like it was going to one video, but then I lost connection, so I’m not sure.

Quote:
Yes Everyone does now. As Glenn said we tell everything here.... well almost everything....
Again, I was wishing that I could reply to this comment saying that at least I’ve never taken a picture of a bathroom, but I have! Several even. Dang it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
The only luck is that the Rules Committee couldn't make up enough new rules to cost me even more victories!

Well, so far anyway..............
Don’t worry, we’re hard at work.

Boy, you did a lot of quoting of MEK. But since it looks like she said a lot of the same things that I did, I’ll reply.

Quote:
Yep, got that......
Okay, just wanted to make sure you were keeping up.

Quote:
I guess they are pretty limited on Space Mountain. Wouldn't quite be the same ride if those flashes were going off constantly to interfere with the darkness......
Very true, they couldn’t place them where the flash would spoil the fun of speeding through the darkness. Still, there’s gotta be a better place. Or they could put up some kind of barrier/wall to contain the flash.

Quote:
Did you just call Rosie a goat? Or were you talking about Pat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Ha! I love "steppesister"!
She always kicked herself over not having thought of it sooner.

Quote:
Yep - we have a personalized card for every character in every park and at every character meal we are doing (which is TOO MANY). I am a little OCD, I think.... DD loves, loves, loves meeting characters though, so I think we'll have fun with it.
Un-be-lievable. How do you organize them? Alphabetically? By Movie? By Park? I’m doing good if I print out some Disney-themed tip envelopes for Mousekeeping.

Quote:
I'm trying to think what I did for Lady Tremaine's. I know I turned the Cheshire Cat into Lucifer on one of them (I have two for her because she is also in FL, same for the sisters), but I can't for the life of me remember what I did with the other.
It’s no wonder you don’t remember -- that’s a lot of cards! Good work! I’m sure your daughter will appreciate it, especially when she gets comments from the characters. The ones that can talk, anyway.

Quote:
Hey, that's great! I am really excited to try it. We are doing several signature restaurants this trip, all of which (other than Le Cellier) will be new to us. I am most excited about FF and Jiko, I think.
I completely understand -- I get just as excited for the food as anything else at WDW.

Quote:
True story!
Aw, thanks.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #2147
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Don’t worry, we’re hard at work.
The Rules Committee never sleeps........

Quote:
Boy, you did a lot of quoting of MEK. But since it looks like she said a lot of the same things that I did, I’ll reply.
That is too funny!!!

Uh, I mean, I don't have a clue what you're talking about????

Quote:
Very true, they couldn’t place them where the flash would spoil the fun of speeding through the darkness. Still, there’s gotta be a better place. Or they could put up some kind of barrier/wall to contain the flash.
Very end where you come back into the "hyperspace" tunnel???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #2148
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
I don’t always look like I just took a sip of a Bud Lite Lime!

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #2149
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Who’s doing a May the 4th event…DHS? I must be a geek since I know that “May the 4th” = Star Wars Day since it sounds like “May the Force (be with you)”.
Yeah - it's part of the "Limited Time Magic." Parents can do Jedi Training with their kids (DH is just dying about that one), there's Star Wars-themed fireworks at the end of the day, and there's a big dance party "hosted by DJ Lobot." I swear, my husband checked flight prices to Orlando today...

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #2150
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From my phone, I got a link to a bunch of vidoes&is there one in particular? I tried at work and it looked like it was going to one video, but then I lost connection, so Im not sure.

It works for me - screaming goats- I laugh every time at the second or third one in. Can't help myself.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #2151
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Just found your trip report and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. You have a wonderful family.

My wife and I just got back from a one day trip to MK last week and seeing your pictures makes me want to go back SO BAD.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Soarin4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #2152
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Un-be-lievable. How do you organize them? Alphabetically? By Movie? By Park? I’m doing good if I print out some Disney-themed tip envelopes for Mousekeeping.

It’s no wonder you don’t remember -- that’s a lot of cards! Good work! I’m sure your daughter will appreciate it, especially when she gets comments from the characters. The ones that can talk, anyway.
I am planning to organize them by location - so all the Fantasyland cards will be bound together, the individual restaurants, etc. I don't want to have to carry too many around every day, so being able to grab the books that are relevant to where we will be will be nice. Of course, Disney keeps CHANGING everything about the character meets at AK (and maybe others - who knows!, so I am going to wait until the month before our trip to finally organize and make the books. I am deranged.......
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #2153
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Sorry for falling off the face of the earth, people. The same 'ol excuse: just busy.

Quote:
The Rules Committee never sleeps........
Always watching. Always watching.

Quote:
That is too funny!!!

Uh, I mean, I don't have a clue what you're talking about????
She had a lot of very interesting things to say.

Quote:
Very end where you come back into the "hyperspace" tunnel???
Ooo yeah, that'd be a good place. Cruising in with your hair all disheveled, glasses down on the end of your nose (if still on your face at all). That'd be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #2154
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Yeah - it's part of the "Limited Time Magic." Parents can do Jedi Training with their kids (DH is just dying about that one), there's Star Wars-themed fireworks at the end of the day, and there's a big dance party "hosted by DJ Lobot." I swear, my husband checked flight prices to Orlando today...
Parents can do Jedi Training with their kids?! James is too old now, at 13....I might have to borrow somebody else's Padawan.

Quote:
It works for me - screaming goats- I laugh every time at the second or third one in. Can't help myself.
Dang, I still need to remember to try this from home. Sorry!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #2155
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Just found your trip report and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. You have a wonderful family.
Hey Soarin4Disney! I'm sorry that it took me so long to post your welcome. Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad that you're enjoying it...I still have a couple of days of the trip to recount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
My wife and I just got back from a one day trip to MK last week and seeing your pictures makes me want to go back SO BAD.
I know what you mean -- reading trip reports can be dangerous. Yeah, a one-day trip is just a little taste. I don't even think that a week is enough!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2156
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am planning to organize them by location - so all the Fantasyland cards will be bound together, the individual restaurants, etc. I don't want to have to carry too many around every day, so being able to grab the books that are relevant to where we will be will be nice. Of course, Disney keeps CHANGING everything about the character meets at AK (and maybe others - who knows!, so I am going to wait until the month before our trip to finally organize and make the books. I am deranged.......
That makes a lot of sense. (Deranged sense, but sense nonetheless ) You don't want to carry too much around. The hardest thing will be the changes and potentially random characters. Do you have some generic Disney cards in case you run across a character you didn't expect?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: