Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #2116
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

James seemed to have fun with SOTMK! I am curious to see that when we visit in July, as well as Agent P at Epcot, and I know my nephew and nieces, who we will be going with, will definitely love them.

I was actually off today, when you posted this entry, catching up on your TR (I read around 10 pages today!) so if I had been on the last page, I *might* have been able to reply before Katharina and get a win on the board. Oh, well...

Edited - D'oh, I got the top of the page! Hope you weren't planning on posting an entry here... If so, sorry.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) **IN PROGRESS**

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #2117
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
James did not share any scallops after all. There you have it, the mystery item was macaroni and cheese.
Wow... That seems like a pretty significant dinner experience. How did you forget that whole story???

Quote:
My notes next say "James and Poppy puddle", and I have no idea what that was about. James doesn't remember either. So, feel free to let your imaginations run wild with that one.
Apparently, someone needs to take better TR notes.

Quote:
As you can see, it was one of those mornings when you have to decide which is worse: the aggravation of the drizzle, or the aggravation of wearing a rain cape.
That is the worst. Either rain or don't...

Quote:
I took a picture to give you a sense of the crowds. It was pretty busy today.
Don't these people know they are supposed to stay back at the resort when it rains so it isn't as crowded for the rest of us.

Quote:
(Now I've spoiled it -- it'll be impossible for you to ignore!)

Quote:
It's nothing that a little cropping can't take care of.
That's better.

Quote:
Upon reaching the exit, we found that Poppy didn't handle his space travel very well. He felt terrible and needed to find a bench for a while. We gave him some water and some time to recover. That would be his last "adventurous" ride of the trip.
Uh oh. Hopefully it is a quick recovery.

Quote:
Up next: What youve all been waiting for -- New Fantasyland construction pictures from June 2012! Very timely!
Now that you mention it, I noticed the picture of Main Street Bakery with the facade on the front of it. I thought about how you were so far behind on the time, that it is actually now current again.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #2118
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Rain Capes... LOVE IT!!!

I did not know about the music sounds in the alley. I'll have to check that out.

Yup, now I don't even see you guys in the castle photo anymore.

That's so awesome that the folks at least went on Space Mountain. Troopers for sure! It is a rough one though. I try to push up and back with my legs and find it makes for a fairly smooth ride doing that.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #2119
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Great update as always! I too always worried about my glasses. I just kept 'em firmly in my grip the whole time I was on bumpy rides! And I sympathise with the queasiness, I'm fine on log flume rides, but some of the others... I dunno.

Oh, and isn't it amazing how a photo of WDW can cheer you up not matter the weather in it? It could be a force 9 gale and I'd still feel cheered up. Though I'm glad you didn't experience anything that bad!

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #2120
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

Great update!! Sorry Poppy didn't have a good Space Mountain experience...

I believe the date you listed was June 27th. Was there a strange parade of dancing girls in blue dresses that day??? I was there...but I can't remember which day that happened..

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #2121
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Love the "rain capes"! That reminds me - I need to make sure to buy some new rain capes.

The PP pics turned out really nice (the woman butting in aside, of course ); I especially liked the ones of the happy anniversary couple.

Too bad about Poppy's experience on SM. I am pretty darn impressed that they decided to ride!

Quote:
Hi Roni! No worries, I’m glad that you were able to get back on and are caught up. I was holding off on posting too much just for you!
I figured you would be - you seem very considerate that way.

Quote:
The ladies really loved their Tea there. They made some really nice memories and I’m glad that they were able to do it.

I’m a little intrigued by 1900 Park Fare, if only for the Steppesisters -- from the TRs I’ve read, they provide some really fun interactions with the guests!
I am definitely going to have to keep that tea in mind to do sometime when DD is a little older. It really does seem like a great mother-daughter experience.

We are VERY excited about the stepsisters. I hope they live up to the hype! I have made personalized autograph cards for all the characters, and we decorated the stepsisters' cards with glass slippers - I'm curious to see how they will take that.

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, I suppose that the giraffes need to be kind of bendy, being so tall. They’re the pony-pal-Pokey (from Gumby fame) of the animal world.
Exactly!!!!

Quote:
I highly recommend it. Great food!
We are trying a lot of new restaurants this trip, but Flying Fish is one of the ones I am most looking forward to. Of course, it doesn't hurt that, with the resort discount that came out, I switched us to the BW, so that will make dining there very stress-free as far as transportation.

Quote:
Well, now that you are…let’s post another chapter, shall we?
Again, very impressed that you are willing to make it all about me!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #2122
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

8 more posts to a possible update !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #2123
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post

We are VERY excited about the stepsisters. I hope they live up to the hype! I have made personalized autograph cards for all the characters, and we decorated the stepsisters' cards with glass slippers - I'm curious to see how they will take that.

Our first trip there my daughter couldn't find a pen and the step sister was well being a step sister and after my daughter said " Wow I thought Disney Characaters were supposed to be nice" We all laughed and told her they were being IN Character the Mean Sisters !!!So yes their interaction is hysterical !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #2124
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Wow, there is a lot of Judy's in that update.

We keep meaning to do the Sorcerer's thing, but never get around to it.

NEXT trip, we need to try it !!

We did something similar on the Dream and it was really fun.

I only know of two people allergic to peas and they are both from the DIS. Your daughter and Poolrat.

Anyhoodle .... looking forward to reading more !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #2125
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

"Rain capes"...I like that! Sounds much more fun than ponchos!

Nice photopass pictures!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #2126
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Our first trip there my daughter couldn't find a pen and the step sister was well being a step sister and after my daughter said " Wow I thought Disney Characaters were supposed to be nice" We all laughed and told her they were being IN Character the Mean Sisters !!!So yes their interaction is hysterical !!!
That's hilarious!!!! I hope we have some funny moments with them - my DD is really looking forward to their antics.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #2127
marvali
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm just getting around to this update. Very busy week last week and you posted while I actually had some time to be out taking care of errands I hadn't had time to do. Then Friday evening Drew had his third soccer game of the week out of town. Things are just a little crazy right now...........

Quote:
Before we start the retelling of the next day of the trip, I need to go back and clear up the mystery of Lauren's entrée at the Flying Fish.
So you're saying before the retelling, you need to do some retelling???

Quote:
Anyway, we didn't have very good bus mojo this morning and a Magic Kingdom bus didn't show up for almost half an hour. But, the silver lining was that there were actually 2 MK buses that pulled up, and we got on the first one. Once we got underway, the driver asked if anyone needed to stop at Jambo House because if not, he was going to skip it and just go on to the Magic Kingdom, since the bus was full. Fortunately, no one was going to Jambo House and we got the express to Magic Kingdom, arriving at about 9:15.
So poor bus mojo turned into good bus mojo...... Love how that often works out like that.

Quote:
As you can see, it was one of those mornings when you have to decide which is worse: the aggravation of the drizzle, or the aggravation of wearing a rain cape.
Looks like Gram decided drizzle aggravation, Poppy the rain cape..........

Quote:
Once inside the gates, Lauren and Marlene took our tickets in order to run and get some Space Mountain fastpasses for us. Judy, Gram, and Poppy went to explore some of the shops on Main Street, and I took James to sign-up for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (SotMK) at the Firehouse.
I need to try SotMK the next time I make it back to WDW........purely for research purposes of course.

Quote:
James had to wait for some other kids getting their cards, and in the meantime Lauren came back with the fastpasses. I met her on Main Street to get them. Pretty good times considering that we entered the park well after rope-drop.
Yep, nice job on the FPs!

Quote:

I really like this castle shot and the close-up family shot!!!

Quote:
The photopass photographer didn't let Judy and I off the hook; we had to pose for some "couples-only" pictures too. Please try to ignore the person bending over behind us. (Now I've spoiled it -- it'll be impossible for you to ignore!)

It's nothing that a little cropping can't take care of.

Quote:
It's times like this that you find out how hard it is to kiss and smile for the camera at the same time.

Sounds like you need to practice more..............

Quote:
By the time our photo session was over we were within our Space Mountain fastpass window, so we met up with the rest of the crew and got in line. I didn't know if Gram and Poppy were going to try it, but they thought they'd give it a shot. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea after Poppys experience on Star Tours earlier in the week, but he'd been on this ride before, a decade or so ago. While in line, we talked about how this ride was a favorite memory (or at least a favorite story) for Poppy from our Christmas 2001 trip: He loves to tell of how he saw the signs that said to remove your eyeglasses, but he figured that he'd just "snug them up a bit". By the end of the ride his glasses were out to the end of his nose because they slid down and he was too scared to let go of the handles to push them back up.

Flash-forward to 2012 and according to their "in-flight" picture, they were doing pretty well at the start.
I guess you mean Poppy, since he wasn't wearing his glasses............. Either that or he already lost them completely!!!

That is one funny story. Reminds me of the first time my Mom and I tricked my Dad into joining us on the Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags...............

Quote:
Upon reaching the exit, we found that Poppy didn't handle his space travel very well. He felt terrible and needed to find a bench for a while. We gave him some water and some time to recover. That would be his last "adventurous" ride of the trip.
Those initial ride looks can be deceiving. Maybe that is why they take the picture first thing so people can't see what they might be in for...........

Quote:
That is correct! There was one in the first post that was kind of hard to find...I'm surprised that the first person to respond found it. But good job Katharina!
Congrats to Katharina! Nice job!

And congrats to the Rules Committee for getting this round correct also.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Only eleven more points and I can beat Marv!
Great job on closing that gap! And you are now ahead of your big sister!!!

As for your win my response is..............

ALAIWPP..........OD..........OR!!!

As Long As It Wasn't Poolrat Pat.........Or Dan......Or Rosie!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #2128
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
:

And congrats to the Rules Committee for getting this round correct also.......

As for your win my response is..............

I just knew there would be a comment that involved us !!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #2129
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #2130
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
James did not share any scallops after all. There you have it, the mystery item was macaroni and cheese.
That was a lot of legwork to get to that conclusion. If it had been my son's meal, we would have jumped to mac-and-cheese immediately.

Quote:
Before we left the suite, Gram asked if we'd need our rain capes again today, and I was like, "what are we, rain superheroes?"
I wouldn't wear it. I saw The Incredibles. No capes!

Quote:
My notes next say "James and Poppy puddle", and I have no idea what that was about. James doesn't remember either. So, feel free to let your imaginations run wild with that one.
I'm going to fervently hope it didn't have anything to do with anyone needing to use the bathroom.

Quote:
Here are some pictures of James getting instruction on how to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. If you haven't experienced or read about this yet, it's kind of like the Agent P (formerly KimPossible) missions at Epcot.
And right in the wheelhouse of 6-to-12-year-old kids. Or 40-ish adults who don't seem to notice the kids in line behind them.

Quote:
But eventually I did, and even though we were a smaller group than what we arrived with, we posed for some Main Street/Castle photopass pictures.
Some keepers here!

Quote:
Please try to ignore the person bending over behind us. (Now I've spoiled it -- it'll be impossible for you to ignore!)
And don't think of pink elephants.

Quote:
Marlene and I opted for a "dumb" look for our picture, which fortunately isn't too much of a stretch for me. (I know someone will comment on that, so I might as well beat you to the punch.)
Curse you Glennbo!!!

Quote:
D'oh! Sounds like he needs a calm kiddie-type ride, like the Mad Tea Party.

Quote:
Up next: What youve all been waiting for -- New Fantasyland construction pictures from June 2012! Very timely!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: