Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #2086
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I think you should have opened with the Lew Zealand joke. That's the great thing about the internet, if the joke bombs you don't have to stand there staring at your audience in awkward silence. Plus, you can pretend that everyone got it but didn't respond because they were too busy laughing.
You're right, I probably bailed on the Lew Zealand joke too quickly.

Hey Brian, I saw that picture of Roy Disney and Mickey Mouse from One Man's Dream in someone else's TR recently and I thought that the picture just didn't look right without you in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, dang. I guess I'd better go back and check that out. Then again, if I don't get any points...what's the (ahem) point?
As if your points are worth anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like I missed Ferris Bueller, The Simpsons, and The Godfather on that last go-round.
+1 +1 +1
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #2087
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Well at least 13 more posts before an update
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #2088
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yes they have. Now the resale prices are going up, up, up. Glad I bought when I did.
Are you good at timing the stock market too?

Quote:
Funny I may be the only one without that problem. .
I wonder what you're doing.

Quote:
I think I have one somewhere ...

AHA

Beautiful!

Quote:
I need to get that Hoop de Doo picture but I guess I will have to settle for sending someone in to take it for me......
You can always borrow my picture if you want to. But I'd be more impressed if you took one of your own.

Quote:
Ooo, I need someone to sit there and play that sound whenver someone reads my trip reports. At the right times, of course.

Quote:
Yes it was..... Still had me seeing reflections in plates ......
Almost as bad as Hidden Mickeys.

Quote:
I think I will

Or do that.
That works.

Quote:
I alwasy wondered about just going in some places JUST for dessert.
They probably don't mind if you don't lolligag too long and tip well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We really did. My favorite resort so far !! Can't wait to go back !! I have a TR going if you want to stop by and see pics when you get some time.
I'll try to get over there....but I'll warn you now, I haven't been very good on keeping up on all of my subscribed threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We are back from our trip to Florida last week and I am slowly catching up.
I'm sure it was a great time!

Quote:
A great update, Glenn. Mark and I stayed at the Dolphin for one night last week and had dinner at the Yachtsman;
How does it compare to Le Cellier, steak-wise?

Quote:
we then walked over to the Boardwalk since we will be staying in the Boardwalk Villas in December. He gave a serious look at the menu for Flying Fish and we have it on the "possible" list for our December trip. After seeing the photo of James' scallops, I am sold. I love me scallops.
You'd get along great with James then...he does too. And he said these were perfect. My fish with that potato-wrap was fantastic.

Quote:
How sweet of Chris to bring your parents two yummy looking desserts for their anniversary.
It was very nice of him and the chefs to do that, and was appreciated by all the vultures who got a taste.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #2089
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well at least 13 more posts before an update
You've got it! I haven't even started the next one yet, so I figured that it was okay to roll 'er on over to another page.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #2090
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mark and I both feel Yachtsman is ten times better than LeCellier
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #2091
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your picture of the inside of the FF is just perfect. I love it. I never get a good picture in there, just the ceiling.

Everyone's entrees looked relish. So glad everyone enjoyed their meals. That cheese plate looks so good. I heard it was yummy and there's the proof.

I love the location for Illuminations. Those lights look so cool in the pictures. Where exactly was that. I want pictures with those lights.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #2092
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Are you good at timing the stock market too?

I wish.

Quote:
I wonder what you're doing.
Nothing - I dont think. Write in word, insert picture links and copy and paste. But I have noticed that any formatting I may do, font etc. does not move over to the post.

Quote:
Beautiful!
Thanks
I may have to practice more next trip.

Quote:
You can always borrow my picture if you want to. But I'd be more impressed if you took one of your own.
Is that a DARE????

Quote:
Ooo, I need someone to sit there and play that sound whenver someone reads my trip reports. At the right times, of course.
I thought it was neat .... and appropriate

Quote:
Almost as bad as Hidden Mickeys.

Quote:
That works.

They probably don't mind if you don't lolligag too long and tip well.
May have to actually try that.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #2093
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

8 more to go!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #2094
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

After reading your update I think I might have to put Flying Fish on our restaurant do list. So many restaurants so little time. Guess it is time to plan another trip.

The Boardwalk is a great place to stay. If we did not own at VWL it would be BWV. You definitely need to try it

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #2095
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! I can't wait to catch up. First I must put the small minions to bed.

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for November 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
deannaf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #2096
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mark and I both feel Yachtsman is ten times better than LeCellier
Really? Wow, I hadn't heard that. (I haven't eaten at either, but LeCellier is so popular.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your picture of the inside of the FF is just perfect. I love it. I never get a good picture in there, just the ceiling.
Thanks MEK.

Quote:
Everyone's entrees looked relish. So glad everyone enjoyed their meals. That cheese plate looks so good. I heard it was yummy and there's the proof.
Yep, seeing is believing.

Quote:
I love the location for Illuminations. Those lights look so cool in the pictures. Where exactly was that. I want pictures with those lights.
I thought of you, you love some item-of-interest in your pictures. It was the area to the left of the Rose & Crown.

Quote:
Nothing - I dont think. Write in word, insert picture links and copy and paste. But I have noticed that any formatting I may do, font etc. does not move over to the post.
That's basically what I do too. But I've noticed that things like quote marks that are angled (you know how the beginning quote marks are angled differently than the ending quote marks?) copy in okay (ie. with the angle) the first time, but if I edit the post they get messed up -- either deleted altogether or replaced with some other strange character. (No, not Marv ) It's very frustrating.

Quote:
Is that a DARE????
Oh yeah.

Quote:
8 more to go!!!
No....I'm not ready!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
After reading your update I think I might have to put Flying Fish on our restaurant do list. So many restaurants so little time. Guess it is time to plan another trip.
I know the feeling! And then you go to these restaurants and the family wants to go back, so you have an even harder time adding new ones as the "must do" list gets longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
The Boardwalk is a great place to stay. If we did not own at VWL it would be BWV. You definitely need to try it
It's a high probability for next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannaf87 View Post
Subscribing! I can't wait to catch up. First I must put the small minions to bed.
Hi Deanna!

Are they more like "Despicable Me" minions or "Megamind" minion?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #2097
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? Wow, I hadn't heard that. (I haven't eaten at either, but LeCellier is so popular.)

Since they went "signature" I found the quality of the food to go way down. We were not pleased with our dinner there in 2011 and I doubt we'll be back anytime soon since we found Yachtsman.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #2098
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking ' in!! I just know Glenn wil wait til I am on my cruise so his favorite Marv can get yet another point
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #2099
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hello! I kind of fell off the DIS-earth for the last several months. But I am finally back and actually caught up on your TR!!!

Wow - the all-girl tea party looked like so much fun. The GF pictures are amazing. We will be heading there for a meal (at 1900 Park Fare) for the first time during our upcoming trip. I canít wait to see that resort in person!

The nighttime pictures at AKL are amazing! I love the one of the little giraffe sitting down - they sure are bendy!

Your AK day looked like a lot of fun despite the rain.

Your Flying Fish meal looked amazing. We are going to dine there for the first time this year as well - I canít wait!!!

The IllumiNations pictures are amazing! I donít think the show looks that good in person even.

Phew! I can't believe I actually managed to catch up!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2100
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since they went "signature" I found the quality of the food to go way down. We were not pleased with our dinner there in 2011 and I doubt we'll be back anytime soon since we found Yachtsman.
Thatís good information. Although, Iíll still have to try LeCellier one of these days to at least check it off the list.

Quote:
Just checking ' in!! I just know Glenn wil wait til I am on my cruise so his favorite Marv can get yet another point
Could be. You know Iím rooting for him to pull away further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hello! I kind of fell off the DIS-earth for the last several months. But I am finally back and actually caught up on your TR!!!
Hi Roni! No worries, Iím glad that you were able to get back on and are caught up. I was holding off on posting too much just for you!

Quote:
Wow - the all-girl tea party looked like so much fun. The GF pictures are amazing. We will be heading there for a meal (at 1900 Park Fare) for the first time during our upcoming trip. I canít wait to see that resort in person!
The ladies really loved their Tea there. They made some really nice memories and Iím glad that they were able to do it.

Iím a little intrigued by 1900 Park Fare, if only for the Steppesisters -- from the TRs Iíve read, they provide some really fun interactions with the guests!

Quote:
The nighttime pictures at AKL are amazing! I love the one of the little giraffe sitting down - they sure are bendy!
Thank you! Yes, I suppose that the giraffes need to be kind of bendy, being so tall. Theyíre the pony-pal-Pokey (from Gumby fame) of the animal world.

Quote:
Your AK day looked like a lot of fun despite the rain.
We tried to make the most of it. Those were the cards we were dealt that week!

Quote:
Your Flying Fish meal looked amazing. We are going to dine there for the first time this year as well - I canít wait!!!
I highly recommend it. Great food!

Quote:
The IllumiNations pictures are amazing! I donít think the show looks that good in person even.
Wow, gee thanks!

Quote:
Phew! I can't believe I actually managed to catch up!
Well, now that you areÖletís post another chapter, shall we?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: