Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #2071
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
The appeals process is now open.
Quote:
Time's up. The appeals process is now closed.

Quote:
Thank you! We enjoyed it. Every night should end with a fireworks show, don't you think?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #2072
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Looks like a wonderful celebration! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! We really enjoyed the cheese plate - I think there were a few more cheeses and less accompaniments for $2 less when we ordered it - such is life. I actually got all the Judies right this time, even if I am about 31 hrs late.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #2073
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Catching up on the Dis!!!

Hahaha you KNOW I would have gotten your Lew reference!!! Love him!

Your meal at FF looks really good! We're planning on going there during our honeymoon, I can't wait to try it!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #2074
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glenn have started my TR !!New Rosie link Go to my siggie and it's there !!!!!!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #2075
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

I already told you how much I was going to protest in my PM............ Too much stinking blue everywhere, although I still think you lied about update three and Judy's blue dress IS reflected in SE in about 5 panels...........

So glad Rosie is away on a family vacation so Dan had a chance to almost catch up to her! Now if she will only stay away a while longer he just MIGHT catch her before the end of the contest!!!
Hey see if I text AND call you again whilst I am away !!! Glenn I didn't have a chance so can I have a point for agreeing with Dan before I even checked your final answer!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #2076
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The appeals process is now open.
Quote:
Time's up. The appeals process is now closed.
Another 5 seconds and Marv would have appealed Oh wait a minute he did anyway!!!He is consistant !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #2077
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Joke counted. And on Lew Zealand!
Yeah, if I type that much it probably counts.

Quote:
Eric's twin, separated at birth, oh the poor people that get stuck next to that child. Mine, not yours.
I’m pretty sure this lady sat down after he was already there, so she gets what she gets.

Quote:
It's still a cool picture!
I should have put in there, “I wondered if we were going the right way?”

Quote:
Love the dessert and Pensive James. Nice vultures! Couldn't wait for it to be passed around huh? You all clean up nice. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner so much, we absolutely loved it there. I'd been thinking of it as a date night option but I suppose it could be a splurge night as well for the group. Hmnnnnn
Yes, I guess they wanted to make sure they got some and weren’t sure if Gram and Poppy were going to share without prompting. Thanks. Oh, the food was so good there. Mmmm. Unfortunately, my kids have expensive tastes, which is the unintended consequence of making them try different foods while they were growing up.

Quote:
Of course they wanted to go swimming, you had a new kid in town! Way to take one for the team.
Dumb me, I didn’t see it coming.

Quote:
Pretty funny about Gram's comment.
So many people had looked at her button and congratulated her that she launched a pre-emptive strike!

Quote:
And you know how I feel about the Boardwalk, we added on there
Smart move! If you look at the resales thread, it looks like Disney has been ROFRing BWV quite a bit.

Hey, I’ve got a technical DISboards question…you may know the answer to this. I’ve had issues where I type a chapter up in Word, copy it over to the DIS and everything works fine until I edit that post (which I always do, at least at some point, to put in a link to the next chapter). When I edit it, I lose all of the apostrophes and quote marks and some other things. Have you seen that? I wonder if a font change would take care of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
The “sad2” emoticon? Oh man!

Quote:
The whole area is so pretty. No panorama- I'm shocked.
You know what, it never even occurred to me to take a panoramic. Now I’ll pull out the “sad2” emoticon.

Quote:
What no bathroom pics??? So much for being a DIS-a-holic.
I can’t say that I’ve never taken one, can I? Let’s see Jordan’s favorite bathroom at Epcot comes to mind, as does the bathroom at the Kidani fitness center. And then of course there’s the cowboy picture in the bathroom at Hoop de Doo.

Quote:
Yes that area is kind of like that- bathrooms are in "shared" areas. Kind of like ABC commisary sharing the bathroom with Sci- Fi.
It makes sense space-wise.

Quote:
Thanks - I really want to try FF soon.
Do it!

Quote:
Jim Gaffigan voices in your head?
It wasn’t just me…it was mostly the kids!

Quote:
I do want to thank you for going around the table so I can see everyone and what they are wearing.
It’s important for the Judy-game.

Quote:
Okay - You sold me I'll have that!!!
Good choice!

Quote:
Oh Man - now I have to choose???
Stick with the red snapper. Stay on target…stay on target!

Quote:
More to chosse from .
Okay, come back another night.

Quote:
Hmmmm-More choices. but I have to know what's in it.....
“Chef, we’ve got a troublemaker at table 6!”

Quote:
That is great when that happens.
Yep! Woohoo!

Quote:
AWWWWW And now I know what I will have for dessert. But the Trio of concessions on the Boardwalk looks intriguing.
Sounds like you’re going to have to live on the Boardwalk for about a month, in order to hit everything.

Quote:
Holy round about way.
Yeah, I don’t know if they just took the first park bus that came along or what.

Quote:
Mary Ellen and Cynthia raved about it and I will let you know when I get back in May...
All right. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Quote:
This one is my favorite.
Why thank you.

Quote:
She must have just caught the end. I bet she didn't beat you by much back to the room.

Unless they changed the route of the EWP --- Yup I bet she waited at the Boardwalk for a bus for a bit... You probably did not arrive too much after she and James got to the resort.
I don’t think she beat us by much either. I think the EWP picture was taken at around 9:25, which would’ve been around the time IllumiNations ended.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #2078
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Great update! I'm nowhere near a classy or adventurous enough eater to enjoy those tastes, but its nice to look :D
Oh c’mon Squidgy, get out there and try things! The worst that can happen is that you don’t like it, don’t eat much and are still hungry afterwards. So you just get a churro or ice cream or something. That doesn’t sound so bad does it? (And my guess is that you’ll like it. )

Quote:
those lamps do give a nice feel to the fireworks pics, not sure why but they do...
Yeah, that’s what I thought. Well, thanks!

Quote:
And I do remember that photo from the last TR, which reminds me, I should read It again!
If you do that, it might become apparent that I’m recycling jokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I have always wanted to eat at the Flying Fish.
You should book it; I don’t think you’ll regret it.

Quote:
I HIGHLY recommend staying at an Epcot resort.
A lot of people do recommend it. I think we will next time.

Quote:
I just love the Electric Water Pageant (the one Judy took a photo of). We recently stayed at Bay Lake Tower and got to watch it every night from our balcony.
Very nice. Did you like BLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, of COURSE I would have gotten it. But I'm a little confused here. Do we make up our own joke? Or do we just need Statler and Waldorf to stop by and poke fun at the TR?
Somehow I feel like my very own version of Statler and Waldorf just showed up.

Quote:
No taunting the guests, please.
It would’ve just been some friendly encouragement for them to get on out there and find some Disney fun (elsewhere)!

Quote:
Whoops. I didn't catch Judy's reflection earlier. C'est la vie.
That may have been the one and only time that I purposely intended to capture a Judy-reflection.

Quote:
I knew you’d like that one.

Quote:
I'm thinking some kind of seafood?
Cool…thanks for helping to narrow it down. You got me so close, but I still can’t get it.

Quote:
Ah, nobody there will see you again, anyway.
No, not since the Flying Fish banned me for improper table manners.

Quote:
I think the lamps are cool, too. The wire in between, not so much.
Can you get working on that wireless-electricity-delivery project?

Quote:
Still, the pictures are awesome! Much better without a tree in the way. Did you use a tripod?
No, I didn’t use a tripod. I can’t remember how I did it exactly…if I had something to lean against. Maybe I had the monopod? Dang.

Quote:

He was about to ask how long it would take for the next bus to arrive.
Yeah, I think it was something like that.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #2079
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I already told you how much I was going to protest in my PM............ Too much stinking blue everywhere, although I still think you lied about update three and Judy's blue dress IS reflected in SE in about 5 panels...........
I didn’t know that there’d be that much blue in the décor. Well, we wouldn’t want it to be easy!

Quote:
So glad Rosie is away on a family vacation so Dan had a chance to almost catch up to her! Now if she will only stay away a while longer he just MIGHT catch her before the end of the contest!!!
Oops, too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
I found your TR last week and wanted to chime in and say that it seems like a wonderful vacation and your sense of humor is a joy to read. Can't wait to read the rest.
Aw, thanks cmaee! And Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
ahh too bad marv missed that window of opportunity.
Yep, but he did have his chance.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Looks like a wonderful celebration! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal!
A memorable evening, and the food was so good.

Quote:
We really enjoyed the cheese plate - I think there were a few more cheeses and less accompaniments for $2 less when we ordered it - such is life.
Oh man, just my luck.

Quote:
I actually got all the Judies right this time, even if I am about 31 hrs late.
Yay, good eye Tammie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Catching up on the Dis!!!

Hahaha you KNOW I would have gotten your Lew reference!!! Love him!
Without a doubt! I had you in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meal at FF looks really good! We're planning on going there during our honeymoon, I can't wait to try it!
Oh, you’re going to love it. Although I shouldn’t get your expectations set too high…it’s always better to be pleasantly surprised. But I can’t wait to read your review on it, you always do a great job with your food reviews. Well, Wingnut too, I should add. You guys could teach Andrew Zimmern a thing or two -- he always just says “it has kind of a nutty flavor”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Glenn have started my TR !!New Rosie link Go to my siggie and it's there !!!!!!!!!!!
I didn’t work when I used my phone, but it works from a computer. I believe you will find me all signed-up for the wild ride that you are about to take your readers on.

Quote:
Hey see if I text AND call you again whilst I am away !!! Glenn I didn't have a chance so can I have a point for agreeing with Dan before I even checked your final answer!!

Quote:
Another 5 seconds and Marv would have appealed Oh wait a minute he did anyway!!!He is consistant !!!!!
Appeal or complain, they’re all the same, right?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #2080
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I think you should have opened with the Lew Zealand joke. That's the great thing about the internet, if the joke bombs you don't have to stand there staring at your audience in awkward silence. Plus, you can pretend that everyone got it but didn't respond because they were too busy laughing.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #2081
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Correct +1 , Correct +1 , Correct +1 , Correct +1 , and Incorrect, I’m not giving points. And there was a theme -- ALL of my responses to you were movie quotes…so you missed a couple.
Well, dang. I guess I'd better go back and check that out. Then again, if I don't get any points...what's the (ahem) point?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #2082
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like I missed Ferris Bueller, The Simpsons, and The Godfather on that last go-round.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #2083
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Smart move! If you look at the resales thread, it looks like Disney has been ROFRing BWV quite a bit.

Yes they have. Now the resale prices are going up, up, up. Glad I bought when I did.

Quote:
Hey, I’ve got a technical DISboards question…you may know the answer to this. I’ve had issues where I type a chapter up in Word, copy it over to the DIS and everything works fine until I edit that post (which I always do, at least at some point, to put in a link to the next chapter). When I edit it, I lose all of the apostrophes and quote marks and some other things. Have you seen that? I wonder if a font change would take care of it?
Funny I may be the only one without that problem. .

Quote:
The “sad2” emoticon? Oh man!

Quote:
You know what, it never even occurred to me to take a panoramic. Now I’ll pull out the “sad2” emoticon.

I think I have one somewhere ...

AHA

Quote:
I can’t say that I’ve never taken one, can I? Let’s see Jordan’s favorite bathroom at Epcot comes to mind, as does the bathroom at the Kidani fitness center. And then of course there’s the cowboy picture in the bathroom at Hoop de Doo.
I need to get that Hoop de Doo picture but I guess I will have to settle for sending someone in to take it for me......

Quote:
It makes sense space-wise.
Ba ba bump

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

Quote:
It’s important for the Judy-game.
Yes it was..... Still had me seeing reflections in plates ......

Quote:
Stick with the red snapper. Stay on target…stay on target!
I think I will

Quote:
Okay, come back another night.
Or do that.

Quote:
“Chef, we’ve got a troublemaker at table 6!”
I always feel like one......

Quote:
Sounds like you’re going to have to live on the Boardwalk for about a month, in order to hit everything.
I alwasy wondered about just going in some places JUST for dessert.

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t know if they just took the first park bus that came along or what.

I don’t think she beat us by much either. I think the EWP picture was taken at around 9:25, which would’ve been around the time IllumiNations ended.
At least she got something nice out of that trip.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #2085
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are back from our trip to Florida last week and I am slowly catching up.

A great update, Glenn. Mark and I stayed at the Dolphin for one night last week and had dinner at the Yachtsman; we then walked over to the Boardwalk since we will be staying in the Boardwalk Villas in December. He gave a serious look at the menu for Flying Fish and we have it on the "possible" list for our December trip. After seeing the photo of James' scallops, I am sold. I love me scallops.

How sweet of Chris to bring your parents two yummy looking desserts for their anniversary.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: