Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1966
MEK
DIS Veteran

Too late to bother with Judy , but I love some of your close up shots from Nemo. I just love that show and want my brother's family to see it this summer. So darn cute!

Bummer for the rain, but yeah for ice cream. I hope everyone gets to ride Everest soon!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #1967
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
After lunch we started walking in the direction of Asia in order to catch Nemo. (pun intended)
Barry? Is that you?

Quote:
We adults got in line and texted the kids as to where we were. Eventually they got in line behind us and worked their way up to us. Yes, that’s something that I hate when others do it. Actually, Lauren balked at doing it, but the queue is pretty wide so they were able to work their way up without being too rude.
Aha! So you're those people.

Quote:
Mr. Ray comes from a long line of show business personalities…Martha Raye, Rachel Ray…
Barry? Is that you?

Quote:
I don’t think that Gram and Poppy had ever seen the movie, “Finding Nemo”
What?? That's my favorite Pixar movie!

Quote:
At one point when it was raining pretty good, and a bunch of people were huddled under there, a lady came barging through there on her way from Dinoland to Asia. Really lady? You’d think with all of us standing there that it was obvious that that area had turned into a place of refuge, not a thoroughfare. You’ve just got to love people!
Especially those people.

Quote:
While we were waiting there for the rain to stop, Judy’s motherly instincts kicked-in, and she realized that James had not applied sunscreen since when we first got to the park and now would be a good time to re-apply since we were just standing there doing nothing. We had a good laugh at that, since it really didn’t seem necessary given the current weather conditions, and James standing there in a rain poncho. I can’t remember if our teasing caused her to reconsider, or whether James obediently complied, but it was a funny moment.
I would laugh, except I'm one of those lucky pasty people who has been sunburned on a cloudy day before. :headache?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1968
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I was at a Drug & Alcohol Training so was unable to get the correct answer which I quickly got as 2 although I did check for a possible 3rd but I did not see a watch on Judy's wrist so decided against it !!However right after your last update I did predict 3 Judy's , so I concede the point graciously to Dan, if it were Marv the battle wood be on !!!!
i take that concede very highly rosie. thanks

Quote:
Never give up; never surrender!
just think how he will act if someone passes him for the lead, might have to give him a kindergarten time out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Oops, I pulled a Rosie..............

Hey wait, top of page means update, and since that post has a title..........

0 Judy's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

One could also call it a history book since the events are already so much in the past...
that should earn you an extra point just because.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #1969
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

Joining in!!! (Hey...I can be excited even if I'm 100 or so pages late...)

I am enjoying your TR!! I love your gentle comedy I was in WDW June 26-30th, so I am dying to see if I made a cameo! Never know, right? I have compiled my 100 pages of enjoyment into just a few lines here:

-I love that your wife and daughter tried some different places to eat in NYC. I hate it when we go out of town with friends and they want to eat at Chili's
- When they were on the boat tour, it seems an elusive DCL ship made a cameo! Did you notice it?
-Your Vero pictures are awesome!! I have never seen the ocean...Vero would be my first choice of places to make that happen!
-On our way down to WDW on June 25th, Hurricane Debby reared her ugly head and caused our bus driver (I was on a group trip) to have a very interesting couple of hours. Needless to say, all the adults on the trip didn't sleep much on the bus that night...
- We just went to WDW (again) in January to accompany my parents on their first DVC stay at their home resort, AKL!
-Our villa at Kidani was IDENTICAL to yours. I felt like I was back there as I was looking at your pictures!
-I hope your villa was closer to the lobby...ours was at the very end of one of the "arms" and we were ready to die by the time we got there each night
- I am a "hard-hitting-massage" shower person myself, so the shower heads didn't bother me, but my mom complained about them every day
- Love your pictures at DHS, your girls' tea, and AK!! Great start to the WDW portion of your trip.
- We saw Nemo for the first time in January, and it was an AK highlight for us. We can't wait to see it again!
Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing!!

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #1970
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to the Glennbos !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1971
marvali
DIS Veteran

Glenn, Happy Easter to you and your family!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #1972
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i laughed at ur hubble telescope comment,and loved that Giraffe !!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #1973
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Happy Easter Glennbo to you and your family!!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #1974
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Always!!!

Sorry, all's fair in love and cutthroat Judy-do contests.........

I'll let Kathy respond...

Quote:
Oops, I pulled a Rosie..............

Hey wait, top of page means update, and since that post has a title..........

0 Judy's!!!
When did top of the page mean an update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Seriously? You really need to get a life.
Boom.

Quote:
Who needs a life when you can hang out at Glenn's TR instead???
Can't agrue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

One could also call it a history book since the events are already so much in the past...
Oooo, nice one.

Quote:
Now that was very, very good!

Quote:
Really Magdalene??? Knowing that I have potentially incriminating photos to post of a certain October trip that I will soon begin to share with the DISworld???

Looks like I might need to get to that part of the TR sooner than I had originally planned.............
Well now, that sounds intriguing.

Quote:
Soon? Who are you kidding? Don't you have to finish the current one before you start a new one so as to not confuse yourself with what you are writing about?
Marv get confused? Naaah.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #1975
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
It was probably me, haha!!
Either way, that's okay...thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Great one!!!!!

Quote:
You needed to be trained to do drugs and alcohol? Or you were the expert giving the training???
Something tells me "expert".

Quote:
So you've travelled with Pat a lot, have you???
No, but the next best thing -- I've read her trip reports.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #1976
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I enjoy the Nemo show, the did a great job of it.
Agreed! We enjoyed it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yikes, too bad about the rain. Ice cream isn't a bad way to paste time though!
I've taken shelter under that overhang too, can't imagine someone trying to get through it.
It's a good thing that overhang is there, there isn't anyplace else for shelter between EE and Asia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love all the Nemo pictures, I read your update on my phone and had to come back so I could actually see them better. Poor Poppy in the rain.
I'm glad you came back...I know how hard it is to get back and coment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am at the sunscreen. If Eric's cheeks were a hint of pink I'd have likely done the same thing, even in the rain.
You can relate. Well, James did have a sunburn from Vero that we'd been dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Too late to bother with Judy , but I love some of your close up shots from Nemo. I just love that show and want my brother's family to see it this summer. So darn cute!
They'll like it, now that they've turned into Disney people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Bummer for the rain, but yeah for ice cream. I hope everyone gets to ride Everest soon!
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Barry? Is that you?
Ghost writer.

Quote:
Aha! So you're those people.

Quote:
Barry? Is that you?

Quote:
What?? That's my favorite Pixar movie!
What about "The Incredibles"??

Quote:
Especially those people.
Yeah, they're the worst.

Quote:
I would laugh, except I'm one of those lucky pasty people who has been sunburned on a cloudy day before. :headache?
Yes, I've had to shield my eyes when you've posted beach pictures on your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
just think how he will act if someone passes him for the lead, might have to give him a kindergarten time out.
Love the kindergarten time out line.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #1977
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Joining in!!! (Hey...I can be excited even if I'm 100 or so pages late...)
Yay! disneydancer86!! Thanks for joining in, whether page 100 or page 1, I appreciate it!

Quote:
I am enjoying your TR!! I love your gentle comedy I was in WDW June 26-30th, so I am dying to see if I made a cameo! Never know, right?
Thank you. Cool! I hope you find an accidental cameo....that'd be awesome.

Quote:
I have compiled my 100 pages of enjoyment into just a few lines here:
Okay, shoot.

Quote:
-I love that your wife and daughter tried some different places to eat in NYC. I hate it when we go out of town with friends and they want to eat at Chili's
Agreed. What's the point of traveling if you're going to eat the same stuff you could get near home?

Quote:
- When they were on the boat tour, it seems an elusive DCL ship made a cameo! Did you notice it?
I didn't notice it, but some other people pointed it out after I posted it.

Quote:
-Your Vero pictures are awesome!! I have never seen the ocean...Vero would be my first choice of places to make that happen!
Really? Oh, get thee to the ocean! Vero's a good spot, but many others are great too. Although I live in PA, I'm partial to the warmer beaches...anywhere from the Outer Banks south.

Quote:
-On our way down to WDW on June 25th, Hurricane Debby reared her ugly head and caused our bus driver (I was on a group trip) to have a very interesting couple of hours. Needless to say, all the adults on the trip didn't sleep much on the bus that night...
Sounds like a frightening night.

Quote:
- We just went to WDW (again) in January to accompany my parents on their first DVC stay at their home resort, AKL!
Yay, congrats to your parents. And that works out great, that you can tag along.

Quote:
-Our villa at Kidani was IDENTICAL to yours. I felt like I was back there as I was looking at your pictures!
I'm glad the TR could take you back for a moment.

Quote:
-I hope your villa was closer to the lobby...ours was at the very end of one of the "arms" and we were ready to die by the time we got there each night
It wasn't at the end but it was far enough. Definitely farther than I wanted my parents to have to walk. I asked if they could move us to a suite closer to the lobby, but none were available.

Quote:
- I am a "hard-hitting-massage" shower person myself, so the shower heads didn't bother me, but my mom complained about them every day
When the suites first opened, they had these really nice rainfall shower heads. I don't know why they changed.

Quote:
- Love your pictures at DHS, your girls' tea, and AK!! Great start to the WDW portion of your trip.
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
- We saw Nemo for the first time in January, and it was an AK highlight for us. We can't wait to see it again!
Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing!!
Have you seen Festival of the Lion King? I actually like it a little better than Nemo. But it's different, not so much a play like Finding Nemo is.

Thanks, and you're welcome! Thanks again for joining in and posting some comments.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #1978
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Happy Easter to the Glennbos !!!!
Quote:
Glenn, Happy Easter to you and your family!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Happy Easter Glennbo to you and your family!!!!!
Thank you all! I wish you a very Happy Easter as well!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #1979
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Boy I took a bashing in those replies !!!As for being a Drug expert We had a dealer living across the street and I commented to Judy that they were taking in laundry from out of state and asked why would anyone do that!!!Judy about doubled up laughing and said They are DRUGS not laundry !!! Of course they were busted and we got new neighbors But that is how much of an expert I am Funny thing about that inservice !!A sure way to detect drug use is the pupils of the eyes ( before the boys think I am accusing Kindergarteners ) In comes my staff with dilated pupils !!! He had just come from an eye exam !!!So always make sure you tell your Boss about upcoming eye exams so you don't get sent for a drug test !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #1980
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
i laughed at ur hubble telescope comment,and loved that Giraffe !!!
Hi Cheeky, glad you liked it. I guess that was the one time that the driver actually came to a complete stop, and he paused for a while so I just kept snapping and zooming.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: