Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #1936
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yes I took the time to scour the crowd pics too, which led to my other delay..........the first crowd pic of the arm with the watch in the bottom left. I went back one more time to see if Judy was wearing one, but even though I couldn't get a good look in the other two, it didn't "appear" she was wearing a watch on her arm at all???
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Judy has a skinnier arm/hand, so I could skip past that one quickly.

Quote:
Don't you just HATE people like that???
Oh no, I love all of my readers. Even the ones that make me go and

glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #1937
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

even though it was raining that was nice that you guys were able to secure a seat to wait it out and not have to stand to wait out the rain.

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't the "s" that cost me. Right before you posted I saw Dan posted on his TR so I figured he would be stalking and I would have to beat him. BUT, what cost me was taking the time going back to make sure that white sleeveless top in the background of the Marlene and Lauren picture was indeed not Judy. I figured I would only get one shot and needed to be accurate.

The good news the winner is only Dan. As long as it isn't my closest threat in Pat, no biggie! Dan needs a win every now and then to keep him encouraged..............
encourage to keep on the rush and end up beating you.

Quote:

especially those people that get upset about an update being and update and so forth...its like they just need the win and will do anything to get it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #1938
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
You might want to try at least beating Rosie first.

Quote:
especially those people that get upset about an update being and update and so forth...its like they just need the win and will do anything to get it.
It's okay Dan, we all STILL love you in spite of that!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1939
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 Judys

Aha today you are the bridesmaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oooo, taking the time to put that last "s" on the word "Judys" cost you, Marv. Sorry about that.
Or does that make you the "best man"

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't the "s" that cost me. Right before you posted I saw Dan posted on his TR so I figured he would be stalking and I would have to beat him. BUT, what cost me was taking the time going back to make sure that white sleeveless top in the background of the Marlene and Lauren picture was indeed not Judy. I figured I would only get one shot and needed to be accurate.

The good news the winner is only Dan. As long as it isn't my closest threat in Pat, no biggie! Dan needs a win every now and then to keep him encouraged..............
HEY!!!!!

Quote:
Ah yes, I looked at that one too. Of course, I knew right away that it wasn't Judy, but I thought that it might be contested. Dan can get nit-picky you know. I also had to look through those crowd pictures!

I was going to say 4 For that one .....

Quote:

Yes, some players are that way.

Quote:
I don't think my writing of it did it justice, but it was funny! I thnk even the people nearby thought that she was off her rocker.
I think it was funny. Such a mom thing. Your mind has time to think and well that is what came to mind. Just kind of what was queued up I guess. Nevermind that it was rainy with the sun not in sight. That part of the brain did not catch up yet.

Quote:
I heard a lot of horror stories from people who converted that their pictures were out of order....so I got all of the links copied into Word and put descriptions in of what the photo was, including timestamps, which I haven't figured out how to see in the new Photobucket yet. It should help me with the future chapters though, all I have is the writing.
I put all my DL picture links into Word to, just in case.

Quote:
Yes I took the time to scour the crowd pics too, which led to my other delay..........the first crowd pic of the arm with the watch in the bottom left. I went back one more time to see if Judy was wearing one, but even though I couldn't get a good look in the other two, it didn't "appear" she was wearing a watch on her arm at all???

And that one...... I guess I haven't "seen" Judy enough lately.

Quote:

Okay Pot.....

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Judy has a skinnier arm/hand, so I could skip past that one quickly.
Well easy for you to say, you see her everyday....

Quote:

you do!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #1940
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Those people.....

Quote:
And we still love you in spite of THAT!!!!!

I need to fit Nemo in again. I see it every few trips and I am due. You know I HAVE to FOLK so fitting in Nemo can be hard to do.

I have some time to see the Movie Finding Nemo again and I am shocked at myself but I think I may like the musical show better.
OKay DORK alert.... like you need me to tell you ---

I found yself focusing on the dialog where the songs are and I am stunned that most of the dialog is actually in the songs. Tied together very well almost as if the songs were put in and taken out before releasing the movie.

They reference the "big blue" many times and a lot of the Crush song " go with the flow". has a lot of the dialog from the movie. I almost stated singing it.. But I would subject no one to that!!!

Sucks for the impromptu rain but at least you found a pretty good place to hide out while it stopped. Plenty of time to reapply sunscreen.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #1941
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I was at a Drug & Alcohol Training so was unable to get the correct answer which I quickly got as 2 although I did check for a possible 3rd but I did not see a watch on Judy's wrist so decided against it !!However right after your last update I did predict 3 Judy's , so I concede the point graciously to Dan, if it were Marv the battle wood be on !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #1942
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh

Hey I ressemble that remark!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #1943
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

I have been enjoying your report since the beginning but am coming out of lurkdom now just to say I recognized Bruce the shark! He is my friend's brother and has worked at Disney forever in many shows, including Hoop de Doo Revue. What a nice surprise to see him emerge in your report, as a shark no less! Thanks for the great pictures, I really need to put the Nemo show on our must do list this fall.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #1944
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Actually, this chapter will only be part of our Animal Kingdom afternoon, but after the last chapter, I couldn’t resist the obvious title.
Well you kind of had to go with this title after you set it up...

Quote:
Eventually they got in line behind us and worked their way up to us. Yes, that’s something that I hate when others do it.
On some TR somewhere else, there is someone complaining about your kids.

Quote:
Mr. Ray comes from a long line of show business personalities…Martha Raye, Rachel Ray…
GROAN

Quote:
The school of fish forming the Sydney Opera House is my favorite, since I went to a performance there once. (The Sydney Opera House, not a fish school.)
Although that fish school performance certainly would be interesting...

Quote:
Then we made a great decision on what to do next: get some ice cream.
Ice cream is always a great decision. Nice of Poppy to buy it, but that's a shame the rain picked up before he got back to cover.

Quote:
At one point when it was raining pretty good, and a bunch of people were huddled under there, a lady came barging through there on her way from Dinoland to Asia. Really lady? You’d think with all of us standing there that it was obvious that that area had turned into a place of refuge, not a thoroughfare. You’ve just got to love people!
Well come on! It is raining! Do you expect her to walk out in the open where she's going to get wet???

Of course not, she's just trying to stay dry while she's on the move.

Ironically enough, she was probably headed to Kali River Rapids to take advantage of a short line while everyone is seeking shelter.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #1945
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Glenn, I think "Animal Kingdom Afternoon" is a BRILLIANT title.

It's amazing that I have never gone to see the Nemo show. I will definitely have to do that on the next trip if I can pull myself away from Everest.

Looking forward to "Animal Kingdom Slightly Later Afternoon".
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #1946
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sweet, but short update, Glenn. I really need to try to get back to see Nemo one of our trips this year since we missed it last year (if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't get to see Festival of the Lion King last September either).

How sweet of Poppy to get everyone ice cream. That wasn't very nice of the rain Gods to open up on him after his very nice gesture.

I'll never understand people in general...so many are just so rude...all they care about is themselves.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #1947
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
even though it was raining that was nice that you guys were able to secure a seat to wait it out and not have to stand to wait out the rain.
It was kind of funny because I'd never done anything except walk past that area with those backpacks before. This trip, I hung out there for a little while!

Quote:
Never give up; never surrender!

Quote:
A lot of inferring going on!

Quote:
You might want to try at least beating Rosie first.
Ouch.

Quote:
Whew! I wasn't sure where all of this trash talk was going.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #1948
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Aha today you are the bridesmaid.
I know it stinks to miss it by a minute or two.

Quote:
I think it was funny. Such a mom thing. Your mind has time to think and well that is what came to mind. Just kind of what was queued up I guess. Nevermind that it was rainy with the sun not in sight. That part of the brain did not catch up yet.
That's it exactly....the mom-instinct kicked-in.

Quote:
I put all my DL picture links into Word to, just in case.
You're ready too! <high five>

Quote:
And that one...... I guess I haven't "seen" Judy enough lately.
My fault...I've been slow with the updates.

Quote:
Well easy for you to say, you see her everyday....
I'd be so good at this game!

Quote:
I need to fit Nemo in again. I see it every few trips and I am due. You know I HAVE to FOLK so fitting in Nemo can be hard to do.
Oh that's right, you have to do FotLK every visit. They should make a backstage tour or a cast meet 'n greet for you.

Quote:
I have some time to see the Movie Finding Nemo again and I am shocked at myself but I think I may like the musical show better.

OKay DORK alert.... like you need me to tell you ---

Quote:
I found yself focusing on the dialog where the songs are and I am stunned that most of the dialog is actually in the songs. Tied together very well almost as if the songs were put in and taken out before releasing the movie.

They reference the "big blue" many times and a lot of the Crush song " go with the flow". has a lot of the dialog from the movie. I almost stated singing it.. But I would subject no one to that!!!
I never really thought about it, but you're right...the lyrics are right out of the movie, for the most part. Now you've got me humming that "Go with the Flow" song.

Quote:
Sucks for the impromptu rain but at least you found a pretty good place to hide out while it stopped. Plenty of time to reapply sunscreen.
None of those damaging UV rays for us!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #1949
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I was at a Drug & Alcohol Training...
Bartender school?

Quote:
...so was unable to get the correct answer which I quickly got as 2 although I did check for a possible 3rd but I did not see a watch on Judy's wrist so decided against it !!
Good choice.

Quote:
However right after your last update I did predict 3 Judy's , so I concede the point graciously to Dan, if it were Marv the battle wood be on !!!!
We're lucky that worked out.

Quote:
Hey I ressemble that remark!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
I have been enjoying your report since the beginning but am coming out of lurkdom now just to say I recognized Bruce the shark! He is my friend's brother and has worked at Disney forever in many shows, including Hoop de Doo Revue. What a nice surprise to see him emerge in your report, as a shark no less! Thanks for the great pictures, I really need to put the Nemo show on our must do list this fall.
Hi melk! and thanks for posting! I swear, somebody said the same thing about the Bruce actor the last time I posted some Nemo pictures, back in 2010. I went back to that TR, but couldn't find the post. I'm sure that's cool to see somebody that you know in the pictures. I wonder how many other peoples' vacation photos I'm in, walking down Main St. or something.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #1950
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well you kind of had to go with this title after you set it up...
Yeah, pretty much.

Quote:
On some TR somewhere else, there is someone complaining about your kids.
So true! Oops, sorry.

Quote:
GROAN
Ray Charles, Ray Romano, Sugar Ray...

Quote:
Although that fish school performance certainly would be interesting...
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish. (I don't know why I said that.)

Quote:
Ice cream is always a great decision. Nice of Poppy to buy it, but that's a shame the rain picked up before he got back to cover.
That is totally Poppy's life story. Buy ice cream for everyone, everyone else gets under cover, he gets rained on.

Quote:
Well come on! It is raining! Do you expect her to walk out in the open where she's going to get wet???
Ah...yes! If she feels like she needs to get somewhere when it's raining, she should expect to get wet!

Quote:
Of course not, she's just trying to stay dry while she's on the move.

Ironically enough, she was probably headed to Kali River Rapids to take advantage of a short line while everyone is seeking shelter.
I never thought of that! I'm sure you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Glenn, I think "Animal Kingdom Afternoon" is a BRILLIANT title.
Thank you sir. I thought long and hard on that one.

Quote:
It's amazing that I have never gone to see the Nemo show. I will definitely have to do that on the next trip if I can pull myself away from Everest.
Oh yeah. Do the single ride line a couple of times and then take a break in the A/C.

Quote:
Looking forward to "Animal Kingdom Slightly Later Afternoon".
Where were you when I was wracking my brain to come up with "Lounging Tiger, Komodo Dragon"? "Animal Kingdom Slightly Later Afternoon" is so much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sweet, but short update, Glenn.
I know, I thought about keeping it going through later in the day, but didn't feel like having multiple posts for the chapter.

Quote:
I really need to try to get back to see Nemo one of our trips this year since we missed it last year (if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't get to see Festival of the Lion King last September either).
Whoa, neither show? Travel with Pat and you will never miss FotLK.

Quote:
How sweet of Poppy to get everyone ice cream. That wasn't very nice of the rain Gods to open up on him after his very nice gesture.
He's got zero karma, the poor guy.

Quote:
I'll never understand people in general...so many are just so rude...all they care about is themselves.
It would've been better if I'd told that story in a different chapter than the one where I had my kids work their way up to us in line for Nemo. But the Nemo line isn't like a line for a ride. Anyway, I just couldn't understand that lady...she had to walk in the rain for most of the trip, wherever she was going, but here she decides to walk through this crowd of standing people.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: