Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #1921
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom afternoon

Actually, this chapter will only be part of our Animal Kingdom afternoon, but after the last chapter, I couldn’t resist the obvious title.

After lunch we started walking in the direction of Asia in order to catch Nemo. (pun intended) We adults got in line and texted the kids as to where we were. Eventually they got in line behind us and worked their way up to us. Yes, that’s something that I hate when others do it. Actually, Lauren balked at doing it, but the queue is pretty wide so they were able to work their way up without being too rude.

Eventually, we got into the theater and sat in the middle section, towards the back. Gram and Poppy made friends with the pirate in the row in front of them.

Then the show started. I tried not to take quite as many pictures as last time, and was mostly successful, but it was hard because it’s such a challenge to try to get non-blurry pictures in here. Well, since I took ‘em, I might as well show ‘em to you, right?

Mr. Ray comes from a long line of show business personalities…Martha Raye, Rachel Ray…

Dory and Marlin.

Ya gotta love Bruce the shark.

The fish tank.

The pelican leaning in to the tank is one of the highlights of the show, especially for the little kids in the audience since he’s so huge!

The school of fish forming the Sydney Opera House is my favorite, since I went to a performance there once. (The Sydney Opera House, not a fish school.)

Of course everyone loves Crush and his little dude, Squirt.

All’s well that ends well. (Or insert your own show-wrap-up statement here, if you’ve got a better one.)

I don’t think that Gram and Poppy had ever seen the movie, “Finding Nemo”, but they enjoyed the play. (And it was a good sit-down attraction! ) From there, we walked over to Expedition Everest in order to use our fastpasses, but we found that it was closed. I deduced that it was because of the rain, which had just turned into enough of a downpour to cause us to run into the dump shop to stay dry. We milled around in there for a little bit, and then when it let up we decided head over to the bathrooms and hang out under the backpacks in Anandapur while we decided what to do next. It was now almost 2 o’clock.

Lauren and Marlene.

I stepped out to take some pictures of the walkway so that you could get a sense of the crowd.

Poppy and James.

Oh, I took a picture of Poppy’s Anniversary button so that you could see what earned them their bus announcement in the last chapter.

Then we made a great decision on what to do next: get some ice cream. The rest of the family waited there under the backpacks in Anandapur while Poppy and I got in line at the “ice cream bus”. Some of my kids came over and helped carry ice cream cones back, but as Poppy was finishing up paying and walking back with his and Gram’s cones, the rain started in again and he got a nice dousing. Sorry about your luck Poppy, but thanks for buying the ice cream! We took shelter under the backpacks, along with a bunch of new friends who also saw this as a great place to get out of the rain.

Perhaps you can see in these pictures, or if you’re familiar with that area where the backpacks are, you know that the overhang is only deep enough for one or two people. At one point when it was raining pretty good, and a bunch of people were huddled under there, a lady came barging through there on her way from Dinoland to Asia. Really lady? You’d think with all of us standing there that it was obvious that that area had turned into a place of refuge, not a thoroughfare. You’ve just got to love people!

While we were waiting there for the rain to stop, Judy’s motherly instincts kicked-in, and she realized that James had not applied sunscreen since when we first got to the park and now would be a good time to re-apply since we were just standing there doing nothing. We had a good laugh at that, since it really didn’t seem necessary given the current weather conditions, and James standing there in a rain poncho. I can’t remember if our teasing caused her to reconsider, or whether James obediently complied, but it was a funny moment.

Up next: Lounging Tiger, Komodo Dragon
Link to next chapter

Last edited by glennbo123; 04-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #1922
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

2 judy

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1923
marvali
DIS Veteran

2 Judys

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1924
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Quote:
Just in case you need some help...........
Why thank you. I did! But I probably could have found something to fill the space. Some crazy emoticon like:
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1925
marvali
DIS Veteran

Okay, then 3 Judy's............

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #1926
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
nice try,

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #1927
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
2 judy
Quote:
2 Judys
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
nice try,
Oooo, taking the time to put that last "s" on the word "Judys" cost you, Marv. Sorry about that.

Updated scores:

Marvin - 13 Judy-sighting wins, 7 Eagle Eye points
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Rosie - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dan - 2 Judy-sighting win, 3 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #1928
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I am too late!!! Two Judys.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1930
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oooo, taking the time to put that last "s" on the word "Judys" cost you, Marv. Sorry about that.

Updated scores:

Marvin - 13 Judy-sighting wins, 7 Eagle Eye points
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Rosie - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dan - 2 Judy-sighting win, 3 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point
Actually, it wasn't the "s" that cost me. Right before you posted I saw Dan posted on his TR so I figured he would be stalking and I would have to beat him. BUT, what cost me was taking the time going back to make sure that white sleeveless top in the background of the Marlene and Lauren picture was indeed not Judy. I figured I would only get one shot and needed to be accurate.

The good news the winner is only Dan. As long as it isn't my closest threat in Pat, no biggie! Dan needs a win every now and then to keep him encouraged..............

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1931
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

The rain sounds rather unpleasant!

And what a funny story about the sunscreen in the rain!!

Hope you are doing well! The new photobucket sounds like hell - so far I did not have any issues with it. But I guess I will use a different hosting site for my upcoming trip report!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #1932
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I posted during lunch, just for you!
It was very much appreciated!! But at least I had a fair chance this time! I just messed up by actually working at work...

Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #1933
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't the "s" that cost me. Right before you posted I saw Dan posted on his TR so I figured he would be stalking and I would have to beat him. BUT, what cost me was taking the time going back to make sure that white sleeveless top in the background of the Marlene and Lauren picture was indeed not Judy. I figured I would only get one shot and needed to be accurate.
Ah yes, I looked at that one too. Of course, I knew right away that it wasn't Judy, but I thought that it might be contested. Dan can get nit-picky you know. I also had to look through those crowd pictures!

Quote:
The good news the winner is only Dan. As long as it isn't my closest threat in Pat, no biggie! Dan needs a win every now and then to keep him encouraged..............
Yes, some players are that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
The rain sounds rather unpleasant!
Still not the best of park days, but getting better!

Quote:
And what a funny story about the sunscreen in the rain!!
I don't think my writing of it did it justice, but it was funny! I thnk even the people nearby thought that she was off her rocker.

Quote:
Hope you are doing well! The new photobucket sounds like hell - so far I did not have any issues with it. But I guess I will use a different hosting site for my upcoming trip report!
I heard a lot of horror stories from people who converted that their pictures were out of order....so I got all of the links copied into Word and put descriptions in of what the photo was, including timestamps, which I haven't figured out how to see in the new Photobucket yet. It should help me with the future chapters though, all I have is the writing.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #1934
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was very much appreciated!! But at least I had a fair chance this time! I just messed up by actually working at work...
That'll get you every time!

I had the chapter ready to go yesterday at lunchtime, but I was having internet troubles and couldn't stay connected so I waited until today.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #1935
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah yes, I looked at that one too. Of course, I knew right away that it wasn't Judy, but I thought that it might be contested. Dan can get nit-picky you know. I also had to look through those crowd pictures!
Yes I took the time to scour the crowd pics too, which led to my other delay..........the first crowd pic of the arm with the watch in the bottom left. I went back one more time to see if Judy was wearing one, but even though I couldn't get a good look in the other two, it didn't "appear" she was wearing a watch on her arm at all???

Quote:
Yes, some players are that way.
Don't you just HATE people like that???

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: