Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #1861
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I had to try for it Glenn Marv would expect nothing less
Oh I know.

Quote:
I will however settle for my well earned point !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sorry, that is a bogus argument because none of your other TR updates, including a title, TOC or otherwise have been about anything other your particular trip, or a sidetrip concerning you or your family that had a possibility of containing a Judy.
Sounds like you're arguing that there is no precedence, other than a title and being included in the TOC, which would point toward including that chapter. And I agree!

Quote:
I saw the update when you posted it, and chose to ignore it since I can discern between that which is related to Glenn/Glennbo's family's trip, and something totally unrelated. Of course I realize there are those who can't differentiate between fact and fiction or reality and fantasy........
Also remember that my "up next" in the prior chapter said that it would be a friend's mini-TR, so that would lead toward inclusion too.

But at any rate, there are no points taken away for wrong answers, so you could've guessed even if you thought that it wouldn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
exactly all in the precedence
Yup.

Quote:
Supposed to be opening just in case but now they are closing
Gotcha.

Quote:
I was elsewhere catching up ....
Something I need to do....

Quote:
Glenn had the ability to sneak a Judy in there if he wanted to.
Good point.

Quote:
Ah but we look at precedent and it is there.....
The Rules Committee agrees.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #1862
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Interesting.....
I'nit.

Quote:
ThankYou Pat !! Marv will just have to live with the Rules Commitee decision that has sooooo often awarded him UN deserved points !!!
The Rules Committee must be doing a great job if everyone feels they've been treated unfairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad your friend's family had a nice first visit to Disney World. It looks like they want to go back again, so I'd say that is a success.
That's what I thought too. I was afrid they'd come back and say it was "too crowded", "we didn't ride much and didn't get our money's worth", or "we couldn't get into any restaurants", but with some planning we can avoid some of those issues, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
How many spreadsheets did you send them???
Ha! Good question. None, but I did work-up my own estimation of the best parks by day for the days of their visit and sent that to them. I also sent them some descriptions of Fastpass, Photopass, and the most sought-out rides (especially at rope drop) so that they were in-the-know. And I sent them some links to info like that.

Quote:
I am being very patient and NOT asking when the next update will be
Sorry Rosie, I was traveling most of this week so I'm not very far in preparing the next chapter. I have all of the photo-links in a Word document, and that's it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
well at least you are taking it well marv.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #1863
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
In the legs of the serving tray ?!?!? I would have never caught that. This is just as bad as those magic eye puzzles (I never get those either lol)
Yep. It's one of those things that you'll see easily if you know where to look.

Quote:
I enjoyed your friend's report, they did pretty well for their first time!
Thanks, I thought they did well too.

Quote:
I literally lol'd at the part about space mountain, I feel the same way every time, so I close my eyes and of course that only makes the feeling 100x worse.
I was kind of surprised by the Space Mountain trouble. I can believe the Mission Space one, but didn't expect SM to be an issue.

Quote:
Glad to know he enjoyed BOG, we will hopefully having lunch there in May.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool to read how "wow'd" he was by it.

Quote:
I think he's on to something with the bus lane. I have never thought of that before, but it is a good idea especially during high traffic time.
I think it's a great idea too. They should enact it! I imagine they have the clout to get it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Checking in again!

Great updates as always! Love that night photography.
Hey Squidge, how ya been? Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wonderful night photography Glenn!! I loved the ones you captured of the giraffes especially.
Thank you Brook. I couldn't believe the giraffes could sit that still for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The ladies report on the tea has me VERY excited to go again next month!
Sounds good! I'm jealous of you going back so soon. I have a sister at the World right now. (<-- this'll have to substitute for an "envy" smilie.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Hi Glenn and family. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. We have never really considered staying at AKV due the distance from most things. We might have to do a Savannah view one of these trips after all your great reviews.
You should try it once, I think you'd enjoy it. I've never stayed at an "Epcot" resort like BWV/BCV so maybe we just don't know any better. We may shoot for BWV next time, so maybe we'll get spoiled with being so close.

Quote:
Enjoyed the rookies report too. Sounds like they had a great trip and you were a big help.
Thanks (on their behalf). It was a good writeup, I thought. I tried to give them as much info. as I could, hoping it would help them enjoy visit.

Quote:
OT: Nice win in hoops tonight. All us Buckeye fans really enjoyed it!
This is terrible -- I had to lookup what you were referring to. What a shame, since they hadn't won any Big10 games, I had not been following along at all! It was probably bigger news in Ohio than it was here. It's too bad that they can't get that program going. I played basketball in high school, so I'd love to be a big fan of PSU basketball, but they've only had a couple of good years over the last couple of decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Hello Glennbo! I'm back and all caught up!
Hi! Glad you're caught up.

Quote:
Loved your friend's little notes on their first trip. It's so great to hear they are already thinking about returning and making it a true trip. I hope they really try to get a lot more in since they took it so easy and hit a lot of rough spots. Still, so cool reading about a trip from a newby's perspective otherwise.
I agree, we read so many reports from people who know what to expect. It's really neat to read someone's first impressions.

Quote:
Excited to read more about your trip though!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #1864
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, now that I've apparently started thinking like Rosie, I just dropped by to say...............waiting on that next REAL update!!!
Thanks Marv...I'm glad you're still eager. Unfortunately, the update isn't too close to readiness yet. Definitely not tonight.

Quote:
No I have changed my tactics ,I am patiently waiting fo an update , no longer bugging !!! I will leave that to you!!!
Aw, thanks for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Rosie, you'd think he would work on getting his ten year old TR done instead.
I have faith that he'll finish it.....someday!

Quote:
I know it will be Disney History before he finishes
He's waiting until he can write "four score and seven years ago....".
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #1865
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
He's waiting until he can write "four score and seven years ago....".
That's even older than me Unless youy believe Marv who says I roamed with the Dinasaurs
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #1866
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Glenn,

I just joined the DIS after following it for years and just wanted to say how much I enjoy your trip reports. They are truly entertaining.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #1867
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hi Glenn,

I just joined the DIS after following it for years and just wanted to say how much I enjoy your trip reports. They are truly entertaining.
The trick is to beat Marv to counting the Judy's and then sit back and watch him WHINE!!!!!
You do need a tough skin around here particularly if you are female , which I will NOT assume you are as I have done that before and landed in some deep do do!!!! Many of us have actually met and many have not , but I can tell you this, my Dis friends are the best and I would be lost without them and that definately includes Marv and Glenn!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #1868
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know it will be Disney History before he finishes
Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten in their car, or on a plane, and headed back home and their trip NOT already be Disney history???

Quote:
The trick is to beat Marv to counting the Judy's and then sit back and watch him WHINE!!!!!
You do need a tough skin around here particularly if you are female , which I will NOT assume you are as I have done that before and landed in some deep do do!!!! Many of us have actually met and many have not , but I can tell you this, my Dis friends are the best and I would be lost without them and that definately includes Marv and Glenn!!!
Marv doesn't need to whine. If you remember, he created this game, so if anyone should know the REAL rules it would be him! The so called Rules Committee (whoever those clowns are) are the ones who have let it get out of hand and go somewhere it was never intended to be. So many "rules" that are created, changed and then rechanged so the Rules Committee never has to admit they made an incorrect decision........

And thanks for the complement Rosie!!! You know I would be devoid of a special friend if you were not a huge part of that list!!! (......as are so many others here on the DIS!!!)

........including those unidentified members of the Rules Committee

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1869
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marv doesn't need to whine. If you remember, he created this game, so if anyone should know the REAL rules it would be him! The so called Rules Committee (whoever those clowns are) are the ones who have let it get out of hand and go somewhere it was never intended to be. So many "rules" that are created, changed and then rechanged so the Rules Committee never has to admit they made an incorrect decision........

And thanks for the complement Rosie!!! You know I would be devoid of a special friend if you were not a huge part of that list!!! (......as are so many others here on the DIS!!!)

I think the Rule Committee is busy right now....... picking a new pope.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1870
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard them say on the news a few days ago that's the first time a Pope has actually resigned since Rosie was middle-aged.............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #1871
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard them say on the news a few days ago that's the first time a Pope has actually resigned since Rosie was middle-aged.............
Ouch Marv you are on an insult roll!!!Kathy ,Pat GET him !!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #1872
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
But at any rate, there are no points taken away for wrong answers, so you could've guessed even if you thought that it wouldn't count.
if you took points away for wrong answers rosie would never be out of the negative.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1873
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's even older than me Unless youy believe Marv who says I roamed with the Dinasaurs
Marv has never given me reason to doubt him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hi Glenn,

Thank you DisneyKid4Life! And mucho

You made my day yesterday when I read this.

And then you made my day today when I started reading your trip report...thanks for the shout-out! It's hard to believe my little ol' trip reports have been a part of inspiring anyone to put finger to keyboard....unless you're talking about the 'delete' key.

Quote:
You like to wind him up and watch him go, don't you.

Quote:
You do need a tough skin around here particularly if you are female , which I will NOT assume you are as I have done that before and landed in some deep do do!!!!
Nope, click on his trip report link and you'll find that his name is Rob. And he posted childhood pictures of himself, so he obviously has a very thick skin. And he admittted that he's Canadian. (Sorry Rob, couldn't resist. )

Quote:
Many of us have actually met and many have not , but I can tell you this, my Dis friends are the best and I would be lost without them and that definately includes Marv and Glenn!!!
Aw, thanks Rosie. The goodvibes are mutual.

Quote:
Does anyone else hear a rush of wind?

Quote:

Aw, thanks Marv.

Quote:
Yep, we've got our hands full right now....trying to get a Jewish guy pushed through, but we'll git 'er done!

Quote:
Rosie gives new meaning to the term Middle Ages. Er, she was middle-aged in the Middle Ages. I don't know, there's a joke in there somewhere. Feel free to work it out for me.

Quote:
Ouch Marv you are on an insult roll!!!Kathy ,Pat GET him !!!
Calling-in your brutes and ruffians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
if you took points away for wrong answers rosie would never be out of the negative.
Exactly!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #1874
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, we've got our hands full right now....trying to get a Jewish guy pushed through, but we'll git 'er done!

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #1875
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, I am decidedly non-female. But it's lovely to see the relationships born from the DIS.

Quote:

Thank you DisneyKid4Life! And mucho

You made my day yesterday when I read this.

And then you made my day today when I started reading your trip report...thanks for the shout-out! It's hard to believe my little ol' trip reports have been a part of inspiring anyone to put finger to keyboard....unless you're talking about the 'delete' key.

Nope, click on his trip report link and you'll find that his name is Rob. And he posted childhood pictures of himself, so he obviously has a very thick skin. And he admitted that he's Canadian. (Sorry Rob, couldn't resist. )
It's my pleasure Glenn. at the last comment.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: