Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #1831
sesame_123
Mouseketeer

If I guess the sons name do I get a point?? I think it might be *****.

Oh and I've enjoyed reading your trip reports but this is the first time I've posted. Plus we shared tropical storm Debbie this trip. It was a wet one for sure.

Last edited by sesame_123; 02-21-2013 at 05:36 PM.
sesame_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1832
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glenn, I am playing catch up...again. Busy painting and going to watch wrestling.

I just love your nighttime photos. What a great job you did with the various settings. Obviously, my favorites are the ones of the giraffes laying down.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #1833
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Wow, that was incredibly brave. First trip and on New Years Day to boot. They've got potential!

Big bummer about SM and Missions Space making folks so ill, that's just rotten.

Great quips on the favorite t shirts, love that.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #1834
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glenn where are you I am watching the score board for my point !!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #1835
Elianor
Mouseketeer

Cute! I had to look up Karl Pilkington and I'd like to know why the guy in the Timbers jersey was a loser?

Your friend is a TR tease, Glennbo!
Elianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #1836
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i say point rosie, you know if you were there first you would have tried for it marv...man up and admit rosie gets a point.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #1837
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

While others are debating of what constitutes an update, I would like to alert the rules committee to the recent preference being given to North American time zone posters. How are Katharina and I ever going to have a chance to be first Judy sighters if updates appear at the middle of the night??????

I am glad that your friend had a good first trip even though they had to battle with so much illness. That is never nice on a trip! But it seems that they enjoyed their time there nevertheless. Hopefully they will be able to revisit when they are all feeling full of energy!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #1838
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
While others are debating of what constitutes an update, I would like to alert the rules committee to the recent preference being given to North American time zone posters. How are Katharina and I ever going to have a chance to be first Judy sighters if updates appear at the middle of the night??????

I am glad that your friend had a good first trip even though they had to battle with so much illness. That is never nice on a trip! But it seems that they enjoyed their time there nevertheless. Hopefully they will be able to revisit when they are all feeling full of energy!
good point, glenn have a North american and then a other leaders board.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #1839
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Very Good Point Magdalena!!! Now seeing as I am originally from England I should get BOTH opportunities
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I agree especially with me getting a shot at BOTH!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #1840
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
When I saw I had done it again I was sure I had it !!!Now it was an update and there were 0 Judy's !!!
I couldn’t believe you did that. It’s very tempting to withhold your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
SIGH....... Bridesmaid again..... Rosie - a point
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Not a Glennbo TR update..............Not even Glennbo's trip (or portion of family a la NYC)!!!
I did have comments at the beginning, and it did make it into the Table of Contents in the first post, so….precedence would say that it counts.

Quote:
I was not cheating it was an Update by Glenn and I was first !!! Get him Pat!!!!
How can you prove that you weren’t cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Marv
I believe you even said

A title implies an update. Even Glenn clarified it as an update. Well he said post but...

It is about a Disney trip
A trip Glennbo assisted with

Glenn posted said "update" under his name. Implying that the friend did not create his own avatar and post within Glenn's report.
Nice job, Counselor. Were those your opening arguments or your closing arguments?

Quote:
I second what Pat said ... all in favor Yay Rosie gets the point !!!
Now hold on there, with voting.

Quote:
Title - A friend's mini trip report

Sorry, not any part of that wording says Glennbo TR Update.........
I saw that you were online along with Pat and Rosie, and I was posting some replies….I figured that you had it in the bag.

Quote:
Pat he isn't giving up !!! Typical man !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
0 Judys. Oh wait - someone already said that. Hey - it counts - it IS an update!
That is the consensus of the Rules Committee.

Quote:
Glenn where are you I am watching the score board for my point !!!!!!
Just letting you sweat a little.

Quote:
i say point rosie, you know if you were there first you would have tried for it marv...man up and admit rosie gets a point.
I agree. If he’d been first, he would’ve been arguing the other way!

Updated scores:

Marvin - 12 Judy-sighting wins, 6 Eagle Eye points
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Rosie - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dan - 1 Judy-sighting win, 3 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1841
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I enjoyed reading your friend's miniTR and I'm glad you were so helpful in helping them plan. I have helped a couple friends and its always nice when they come back and thank you.
It was fun helping them plan, but I also didn’t want them to have a bad experience due to lack of info/planning, and then come away hating the place. Know what I mean? There are plenty of stories out there from people who didn’t know they needed to make dining reservations, or felt like they didn’t get enough rides in (and didn’t know how the fastpass system worked), etc. etc.

Quote:
I once visited right after NY's and I really enjoyed it. Glad your friends did too.
I think it worked out better for them that the week between Christmas and New Year’s. Max crowds!

Quote:
The T'shirt favs were funny!
That was a nice touch. He’s a born trip reporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm glad your friend had a good time overall. Except for the whole Mission: Space thing. If nothing else, he took your advice on Dole Whips, which was an excellent move.
I’m surprised that he had a problem with Space Mountain. The guy traveled with me for work, so you’d think he’d have been more prepared.

Yes, I steered him right, dole whip-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame_123 View Post
If I guess the sons name do I get a point?? I think it might be *****.

Oh and I've enjoyed reading your trip reports but this is the first time I've posted. Plus we shared tropical storm Debbie this trip. It was a wet one for sure.
sesame_123!! I like the ending of your username!

That was an impressive display of sleuthery (is that a word?), and I’ve given you an Eagle Eye point in the current standings posted earlier. Nice work! I’ve edited the post to rectify that situation, so thanks for pointing out my error.

Great to have you aboard and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glenn, I am playing catch up...again. Busy painting and going to watch wrestling.
I’m in the same boat, only I’m busy wrestling and going to watch painting…no, that’s not it…it’s mostly work and other fun stuff getting in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I just love your nighttime photos. What a great job you did with the various settings. Obviously, my favorites are the ones of the giraffes laying down.
I knew you’d like the giraffes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wow, that was incredibly brave. First trip and on New Years Day to boot. They've got potential!
Except they didn’t know they were being brave…they didn’t really know what they were in for! They do have potential though -- I was happy that my friend replied that they’d like to go back again and “do better next time”. And they’re from Seattle, so they’ve got that going for them, right?

Quote:
Big bummer about SM and Missions Space making folks so ill, that's just rotten.
I guess the teacups are completely out of the question.

Quote:
Great quips on the favorite t shirts, love that.
They were great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Cute! I had to look up Karl Pilkington and I'd like to know why the guy in the Timbers jersey was a loser?
I’m guessing that the Timbers comment was a Seattle-thing.

I understood the Karl Pilkington reference, because my kids and I like to watch “An Idiot Abroad”. Hilarious stuff! Karl is just so…..Karl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Your friend is a TR tease, Glennbo!
He’d be great on here.

Quote:
You have a point there Magdalene. My updates have been rather US-eastern-time-centric lately. I’ll have to see what I can do about that. But don’t look for any postings by me at 3am (my time) or anything.

Quote:
I think I gave them a good start, and now that they’ve seen it and know what to expect they’ll have an even better trip next time. I was really happy that they enjoyed it overall, despite some issues. As much as I like it, I know Disney isn’t for everyone.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #1842
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no, we ain't doin' that!

Quote:
Very Good Point Magdalena!!! Now seeing as I am originally from England I should get BOTH opportunities

I agree especially with me getting a shot at BOTH!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1843
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh no, we ain't doin' that!

I had to try for it Glenn Marv would expect nothing less

I will however settle for my well earned point !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #1844
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did have comments at the beginning, and it did make it into the Table of Contents in the first post, so….precedence would say that it counts.
Sorry, that is a bogus argument because none of your other TR updates, including a title, TOC or otherwise have been about anything other your particular trip, or a sidetrip concerning you or your family that had a possibility of containing a Judy.

Quote:
Nice job, Counselor. Were those your opening arguments or your closing arguments?
At one time there were wise men and philosophers arguing the validity of the belief that the world was flat and if you reached the edge you would fall off. A "Nice job" on their part still didn't make their argument any more correct or accurate, just because they were presuasive to the easily manipulated and naive.

Quote:
I saw that you were online along with Pat and Rosie, and I was posting some replies….I figured that you had it in the bag.
I saw the update when you posted it, and chose to ignore it since I can discern between that which is related to Glenn/Glennbo's family's trip, and something totally unrelated. Of course I realize there are those who can't differentiate between fact and fiction or reality and fantasy........

Quote:
That is the consensus of the Rules Committee.
Wouldn't be the first time the Rules Committee made nonsensical and incorrect judgements.................

Quote:
I agree. If he’d been first, he would’ve been arguing the other way!
Nope, wrong is wrong regardless of who was first to get there............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1845
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
exactly all in the precedence

Quote:
Supposed to be opening just in case but now they are closing

Quote:
I was elsewhere catching up ....

Quote:
Sorry, that is a bogus argument because none of your other TR updates, including a title, TOC or otherwise have been about anything other your particular trip, or a sidetrip concerning you or your family that had a possibility of containing a Judy.

At one time there were wise men and philosophers arguing the validity of the belief that the world was flat and if you reached the edge you would fall off. A "Nice job" on their part still didn't make their argument any more correct or accurate, just because they were presuasive to the easily manipulated and naive.
Glenn had the ability to sneak a Judy in there if he wanted to.
Ah but we look at precedent and it is there.....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: