Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #1786
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh, that stinks. Pausing an extra couple of seconds to say "great pictures!" probably cost you the win. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Actually, I think I had him, but I couldn't figure out how to post on the DISboard app at first. And compliments mean nothing, so don't bother...got it!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #1787
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Well, zero unless one of those giraffes is the one named Judy. Oh wait, that was Carol wasn't it???
According to Rosie, there's a Carol.

Quote:
Some really good nighttime shots, and love the ones of the firepit!!!
Thanks Marv!

Quote:
And I even got my additional Eagle Eye point you promised me!!!
Well of course. You didn't think I'd forget, did you?

Quote:
I saw you doing replies and I saw the page count got to 15.......I figured an update was coming.........
Rosie posted when I was doing replies and messed up my page count. I saw it though, and so I edited the last post in order to finish the replies without rolling to the next page.

Not to give away your secrets, but I have a feeling you have my thread set a special way when you suspect an update is coming...true?

Quote:
Now, if only it was that easy to predict when I am about to do an update.......
We'd need a calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Darn it I stopped to go check on the boys ( Kyle's friends NOT Glenn ,Marv , Dan & Tim) and you post
I will now go bacvk and use a magnifying glass as I don't think Marv has yet !!!
I really thought you had it because you were posting when I was doing the last replies before the next post. You were this close!

Quote:
Zero Judy's !!! I agreee !!
Rosie endorsement!

Quote:
I know why Marv never does his own updates .. He spends 231/2 hours a day waiting to find Judy's !!! The have hour is a State Law he has to have a meal break !!!

Quote:
People have grown Old waiting for that!!!( Left myself open )
You certainly did leave yourself open.
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1788
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am telling you Marv just waits and then pounces, me on the other hand am busy messing up Glenn's page count so I miss the update.
I did hear they were auctioning off Marv's last update as an antique writing !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1790
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I love the ones of the giraffes!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #1791
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Of course you wait until I am not only working this weekend but it is a swim meet weekend and while I was at the computer all day, you post right when we are done and cleaning up.
Sorry about that. James and I were playing on the xBox for most of the day, while the ladies were away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Spectacular shots. I really need to remember to not only pack the tripod but actually break it out and use it.
Yes, but it does take some time. I guess I spent a little more than an hour taking these, wandering around looking for something to photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
I love how thorough you are with all your photos and your experimenting. I had no idea those little changes would make such big differences in how photos turn out.
When it's that dark, it takes quite a bit of time to capture enough light so a tripod is a must. It was fun experimenting to zero-in on something I liked.

I hope you have a good trip to Hong Kong Yuki.

Quote:
I am convinced he calls Marv and tells him just as he is pressing the post button !!!
No, but I have a feeling he's stalking me from 500+ miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Gorgeous pictures! I am so taking a tripod with us when we drive in June! Of course, I don't think anyone will be a big fan of me taking off to different resorts at night to get pictures.

I really, really enjoyed those!
Thanks Mary Ellen. I know you'd have a ball seeing what photos you could get with a tripod at night around Disney. You need to set aside some time...try it at whatever resort you're at, and then move on to others if you're still gung-ho.

I'm glad you liked 'em! I thought of you when I was taking the artsy-chair shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Love the night shots! I'm always too lazy to set up my tripod.
Thanks Nory! It is a pain to get everything set up, which is why once I got going I tried a few different spots around the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Loved reading about the tea, I've always wanted to do that, but haven't been able to manage it yet. Someday, though!
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I hope you get to do it someday; I'm sure you will.

Last edited by glennbo123; 02-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #1792
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
S
I'm glad you liked 'em! I thought of you when I was taking the artsy-chair shot.

That's actually my favorite!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #1793
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Actually, I think I had him, but I couldn't figure out how to post on the DISboard app at first.
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "always test an app when death is on the line"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
And compliments mean nothing, so don't bother...got it!
No, no, no...post your Judy-count first, then come back with another post to heap praise on me.

Quote:
I am telling you Marv just waits and then pounces, me on the other hand am busy messing up Glenn's page count so I miss the update.
You should pay attention to the page count, it's Marv's main strategy to timing my chapter updates. (And seems to be working.)

Quote:
I did hear they were auctioning off Marv's last update as an antique writing !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I kind of like the ghostly people! Fun shots with the tripod, I've always thought that would be neat to play around with.
I had fun, and got a couple of shots that I like. It was neat to experiment...it's a little bit of trial-and-error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Great pictures! I love the ones of the giraffes!
Thanks Sara. Taking pictures of the giraffes was pretty cool because you couldn't see them very well without the night-vision goggles...you could tell they were there, and that was about it. But it shows how still they were being, since the shutter was open for so long and there's not very much blur.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #1795
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry about that. James and I were playing on the xBox for most of the day, while the ladies were away.
When you have a 14 hour work day - I can now officially say I am all caught up pn the DIS.

Looks like it will be hard to catch Marv, but being next in line I guess I will be the one to do it!!!

Quote:
Yes, but it does take some time. I guess I spent a little more than an hour taking these, wandering around looking for something to photograph.
Hey, I am good at wandering around..... Looking for something to photograph in Disney? Also pretty easy.

I have done some playing around with the shutter speed while waiting for FOLK and fireworks. Trying to get that shot and have it look great takes some practice.... and sometimes in my case a bit of luck.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1796
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Love the latest update. Nice pictures of the resort
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #1797
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Awwwhhhhhhhh!!! Those giraffes are so adorable! Just hanging out... having some 'resort time' after a hard day at the parks.

You got some really good shots!!

I really like the photo of the fire - 1 second with flash and the one with the ghost people outside.

Sounds like a fun night! I love just fiddling around with exposure on the same shot. I need a LOT more practice though
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #1798
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not to give away your secrets, but I have a feeling you have my thread set a special way when you suspect an update is coming...true?
Quote:
No, but I have a feeling he's stalking me from 500+ miles away.
Quote:
You should pay attention to the page count, it's Marv's main strategy to timing my chapter updates. (And seems to be working.)
Wow, I get way too much credit around here it seems. I appreciate the compliment that you think I have some powerful DIS computer skills to set your thread a special way, but I have to admit it just boils down to dumb luck! (okay Rosie, there's your chance)

If I happen to have some time available to spend on the DIS, even when I am doing other things on the internet I will occasionally come back to the DIS and check to see if anyone has posted anything new I want to comment on or just read. I do that by using the User CP link. If you haven't done an update in a while, and you start posting replies I get a little suspicious there might be an update coming. Sometimes you hint at it with your replies to people like Rosie who ask.

The latest contest I kept seeing the same two threads pop up and then all of a sudden yours showed up with you posting, so I checked it out. Two contests ago I wasn't on the DIS at all, so you posted an update, people guessed the Judy's, you posted the results and I never even put in a guess because I had no clue you had updated until too late. Some of my earlier wins I was late to the party but nobody had gotten all the Judy's yet and I was able to swoop in late and still get the correct answer in first.

Like I said, all dumb luck......no stalking, no special monitoring or surveillance! Further proof that sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #1799
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

You got some great night shots! That's funny that the little boy thought you were crazy
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #1800
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Awesome pictures!!! I love how you did so many trial and error shots to get the result you were looking for. If I had a camera with that I could adjust all those settings on, I'd probably be afraid to mess with it out of fear of screwing it up.

I really loved how you were able to get those shots of the giraffes to come out so well lit after dark.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: