Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #1756
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Great Update! It sounds like had a good time at the pool, and mastered the art of the pool slide! Those pictures of GF are great! I love the elevator it looks so fancy! Actually everything at the GF looks fancy. I really want to have tea there now. I'll have to wait till I have a daughter or till I convince my mom to come with us one year, because there is no way I can convince DH to do this with me.

I can't wait to find out where the reflection Judy is. Clearly I need to have my eyes checked because I don't see any of them!!
Marv invents the reflections and then convinces everyone they are there
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #1757
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I'm going with 9 then !!!The piana has a greenish reflection which has to be Judy!!!
See Glenn, I told you somebody would incorrectly say that green reflection in the piano top was from Judy's dress.............

Quote:
The Jam Tart makes me wish I could find replacements for my old Tart Tins !! I just know I;m gionna hear something from Marv on that!!!
Rosie, I always knew you were an old...........oh wait, that was a "T" wasn't it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Get your mind outta the gutter......
Sorry, didn't mean to get in your way..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You think Marv would make a tart comment to you Rosie? He wouldnt dare!
Who? Me??? Not me.....

Quote:
Hmm, maybe Marv would dare to make a tart comment to Rosie.
Okay.....Okay.....

Quote:
And you know this HOW!!!????? I was gonna say the butter, but seeing as you said it even if it was right Glenn would give to you cuz you're his favorite
I'm Glenn's favorite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
No Chopsticks in the Grand Floridian!
Sad isn't it??? Always thought the GF was supposed to be some high falootin' joint.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
23 bucks for that?! Clearly I'm not the target audience for the tea.
But it's fancy shmancy.......uh,.......... that!!!

Quote:
Marv pm'd me people, and I have to agree, it looks like there's yet another.

Quote:
No, no, no....Gram was using both hands to hold her plate over for Judy to take a picture, so that's her thumb. Good try though!
Not to mention it is a left hand and since Judy is to Gram's left, and she is taking the picture with probably her right hand (since most camera's have the button slanted towards right-handed users), that would be one heck of a contortion Judy would have had to pull off to reach across her self, avoid the arm of the fancy shmancy chair, and turn her hand over in that direction to hold the plate.......while taking the picture.

Quote:
Before today, Marv would've never thought that he was my favorite.
Well I guess if anyone has the right to feel that way, it might be Rosie......

Wow, you really should be nicer to Rosie every now and then......

Quote:
I tried, but he probably won't accept it.
I tried too, but he probably won't accept that one either.......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #1758
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But being a lifeguard, isn’t “go to the pool” your answer for everything?
You would think but until recently I steered away from the pools. Too much like work.

Now lately I am RUNNING AWAY from pools especially my own.

Quote:
You did. With all the morning rain, it wasn’t a surefire guess so props to you.
I will take props.

Quote:
I thought it stunk. I brought that mug all the way down there, passing the gift shop, the only other drink station mind you, and then find that it’s closed.

And then you feel even more thirsty since you know it is closed.

Quote:
That sounds like something that any lifeguard worth her salt would blow the whistle for!
Perfectly legal.... and virtually undetectable if done right.

Nah really - not lifting anything up really just becomming more aerodynamic, or hydrodynamic???

Quote:
I swear, that chandelier would hang all the way to the floor in our house! It’d be so funny to have to walk around it. “Dear, do you think this is too gawdy?” “Nah.”
Expain that to anyone who visits - yeah we LOVE the chandelier, please use the back door since you fit through the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to get in your way..........
Hey you pushed me off the curb.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #1759
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See Glenn, I told you somebody would incorrectly say that green reflection in the piano top was from Judy's dress.............

Of course you did !!!That's why you are his favorite !!!

Rosie, I always knew you were an old...........oh wait, that was a "T" wasn't it???

The word is "Seasoned "Sorry, didn't mean to get in your way..........

Who? Me??? Not me.....

Okay.....Okay.....

Mr Innocent

I'm Glenn's favorite!!!

Se he's admitting it

Sad isn't it??? Always thought the GF was supposed to be some high falootin' joint.....

But it's fancy shmancy.......uh,.......... that!!!

Not to mention it is a left hand and since Judy is to Gram's left, and she is taking the picture with probably her right hand (since most camera's have the button slanted towards right-handed users), that would be one heck of a contortion Judy would have had to pull off to reach across her self, avoid the arm of the fancy shmancy chair, and turn her hand over in that direction to hold the plate.......while taking the picture.
Huh!!!!

Well I guess if anyone has the right to feel that way, it might be Rosie......

I second that emotion!!!!

I tried too, but he probably won't accept that one either.......
No one ever accepts my explanations !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 AM   #1760
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Running through the hallways sounds hilarious. Really getting that cardio in there aren't you?

I love ‘maroomkie’. I wonder how many other 'authentic' names you could come up with like that...

That is such a lovely photo of the girls enjoying their tea! Definitely frame worthy!

All that fancy food looks delicious! I just love the swan so much!

It's just not high tea without the pinkies out. Good thing Marlene had that covered
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #1761
MEK
DIS Veteran

That is a beautiful picture of the chandelier. Lovely! GF tea always looks so fun. Someday I will try it. If for no other reason but to see a real live sugar cube. It's been forever.

The one thing I remember about Kidani is that it was always freezing in the hallway after getting out of the pool, so I don't blame you for high-tailing it back to the room as fast as possible.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #1762
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

LOTS OF JUDIES!!!!! WHAT DO I WIN?

Great update! How fun that you and James were able to let go and just have some fun making memories and making words! That's what vacation is all about!

Looks like the ladies had a wonderful tea! Fantastic Pinkie Perfectness! I love to look around at GF!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #1763
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am waiting for an update so I can be first !!! Marv stay away !!!You know the way you do from your own TR!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #1764
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

It wasn’t too long before James realized that he’d forgotten his goggles and wanted to go back to the room to get them, and wanted me to go with him. With our room being situated at the other end of Kidani, over near Jambo House, it was a pretty long hike. We made short work of it by running most of the way. And by “running”, I mean an all-out sprint. I’m not sure how it started exactly, probably James started jogging and I ran to catch up to him and he stepped on the gas in order to stay ahead. But however it started, before long we were running full-speed, barefoot, down the carpeted hallways, hoping that we didn’t run into anyone.
Didn't your parents tell you no running in the halls?

Quote:
On the way back to the pool I said something about my room key, and listening to myself in the midst of this African-themed resort I thought, “that sounds like an African word”, so ‘my room key’ became ‘maroomkie’. (Accent on the second syllable.) We decided that it was a Swahili word meaning a tool to allow someone access through a door: maroomkie.
maroomkie. I love that!

Yes, lying down makes a huge difference. That slide is FAST! Great slide.

I can't believe they'd never been into the GF before, how very fun. The tea is just lovely, I'm glad they were able to do it.

Quote:
Before they left the Grand Floridian, they looked around the shops and Judy found Basin. She got a bar of laundry soap, a spot-treatment called the “Spot Doctor”, which she loves. Its claim is that there’s no spot it can’t get out, and so far it’s held true, from her experience.

On the way out, they noticed the Beauty and the Beast themed sections of the floor. Here’s Chip.

And Mrs. Potts.

I need to check some of that spot remover out, I'd never have thought to look at Basin for something like that.

That part of the floor is one of my very favorite things there!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #1765
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Glenn I am back !!Where's the update !!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #1766
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I have always wanted to do the Grand Floridian tea/ I thought it would cost more, but it doesn't look too bad. Maybe DD and I will try it next trip.
I guess it depends on how you look at it...Mark (Capt. Oblivious) thought it looked pretty pricey for just some tea and little sandwiches. For the location and ambience, I think it's not too bad of a splurge. I think it was worth it for the memories they made.

Quote:
In the teapot !!! I see Judy in the Tea pot !!! Honestly I think my eyes are popping outta my head from oogling each pix !!!And I stil wanna know how Marv's knows
Which tea pot exactly? Mrs. Potts?

Quote:
Great Update! It sounds like had a good time at the pool, and mastered the art of the pool slide!
I'm not sure what happened. I didn't need remedial training before!

Quote:
Those pictures of GF are great! I love the elevator it looks so fancy! Actually everything at the GF looks fancy. I really want to have tea there now. I'll have to wait till I have a daughter or till I convince my mom to come with us one year, because there is no way I can convince DH to do this with me.
Yeah, I imagine your hubby would rather do something else. I hope that you can go with your mom someday (or a future daughter?!)...I'm sure that'd be a really nice time.

Quote:
I can't wait to find out where the reflection Judy is. Clearly I need to have my eyes checked because I don't see any of them!!
Okay, here's the reveal:

The one I was asking people to find, which Marv did, was a reflection in the telephone. You can see Lauren taking the picture, and Judy and Marlene on either side of her.

Marv also noticed that you can see a reflection of Judy's green dress in the legs of the serving tray-thingee that's behind her and Gram in picture #11 (the first picture of them in the Garden View Tea Room).
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1767
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marv invents the reflections and then convinces everyone they are there
That may be true sometimes, but the phone one I saw when I posted the chapter and he did send me a pm when he found it.

Quote:
You did.

Quote:
Careful!

Quote:
Who? Me??? Not me.....

Okay.....Okay.....

Quote:
I'm Glenn's favorite!!!
Everybody always thinks the refs are on the other teams' side.

Quote:
Yes, she would've been quite contorted if she'd held the plate and the camera.

Quote:
I'll follow your example.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #1768
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You would think but until recently I steered away from the pools. Too much like work.

Now lately I am RUNNING AWAY from pools especially my own.
Very understandable!

Quote:
And then you feel even more thirsty since you know it is closed.
So true!

Quote:
Perfectly legal.... and virtually undetectable if done right.

Nah really - not lifting anything up really just becomming more aerodynamic, or hydrodynamic???
I'm not sure of the physics involved, but I can tell you that it's waaaay faster.

Quote:
Expain that to anyone who visits - yeah we LOVE the chandelier, please use the back door since you fit through the front.
Exactly!

Quote:
No one ever accepts my explanations !!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #1769
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Now I know he has a magnifing glass of super strength to see any reflections in either of those mentioned !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #1770
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Running through the hallways sounds hilarious. Really getting that cardio in there aren't you?
Some of the cardio was even intended. Some just kind of happened that way.

Quote:
I love ‘maroomkie’. I wonder how many other 'authentic' names you could come up with like that...
I don't know...as I sit here and try, nothing comes to mind. I think it might have to be one of those things that you just hear.

Quote:
That is such a lovely photo of the girls enjoying their tea! Definitely frame worthy!
Aw thanks. I'm glad that they got to enjoy that afternoon like that.

Quote:
All that fancy food looks delicious! I just love the swan so much!
I have no idea what kind of sandwiches they had. I think there is pb&j included in the Princess Tea party.

Quote:
It's just not high tea without the pinkies out. Good thing Marlene had that covered
They might have gotten kicked out of the place if Marlene hadn't classed it up the way she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is a beautiful picture of the chandelier. Lovely! GF tea always looks so fun. Someday I will try it. If for no other reason but to see a real live sugar cube. It's been forever.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen a sugar cube since I was a kid. They were fun to dunk and eat by themselves! I'm pretty sure Marlene and Lauren had never seen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The one thing I remember about Kidani is that it was always freezing in the hallway after getting out of the pool, so I don't blame you for high-tailing it back to the room as fast as possible.
I don't remember that, but you may be right -- that may have been the reason we started running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
LOTS OF JUDIES!!!!! WHAT DO I WIN?
I just gave you a round of applause. Don't spend it all in one place.

Quote:
Great update! How fun that you and James were able to let go and just have some fun making memories and making words! That's what vacation is all about!

Quote:
Looks like the ladies had a wonderful tea! Fantastic Pinkie Perfectness! I love to look around at GF!
They did! They really enjoyed getting all gussied up and having tea in a fancy place.

Quote:
I am waiting for an update so I can be first !!! Marv stay away !!!You know the way you do from your own TR!!!
Marv is liable to swoop in. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Didn't your parents tell you no running in the halls?
That may have come up in conversation, once or twice. But they weren't nearby, so...

Quote:
maroomkie. I love that!
Thanks! Feel free to use it. And see what looks you get!

Quote:
Yes, lying down makes a huge difference. That slide is FAST! Great slide.
I remembered it being a good slide, and then I had a lousy run. I guess I just forgot how to do it. Duh.

Quote:
I can't believe they'd never been into the GF before, how very fun. The tea is just lovely, I'm glad they were able to do it.
By this point in the TR, I still had never been inside the place, but I remedy that later.

Quote:
I need to check some of that spot remover out, I'd never have thought to look at Basin for something like that.
She really likes it. It's worked wonders on a couple of items.

Quote:
That part of the floor is one of my very favorite things there!
Very cool. I wonder how much it costs to cut custom figures in marble flooring like that?

Quote:
Okay Glenn I am back !!Where's the update !!
Update? What update?

Quote:
Now I know he has a magnifing glass of super strength to see any reflections in either of those mentioned !!!

Last edited by glennbo123; 02-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: