Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #1726
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you and James had lots of fun while the girls were being all fancy at the GF! That tea looks like such a nice way to spend the afternoon! (Especially the pastry part! )
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #1727
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Geat update about the Tea! The ladies look like they truly enjoyed it. Katharina and I just went to an Afternoon Tea at a hotel in Berlin to celebrate her birthday - it really was our experience at the GF three years ago that got us started. It's an experience we really love!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #1728
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
And by “running”, I mean an all-out sprint.
After a morning workout??? I thought it was called vacation???

Quote:
On the way back to the pool I said something about my room key, and listening to myself in the midst of this African-themed resort I thought, “that sounds like an African word”, so ‘my room key’ became ‘maroomkie’. (Accent on the second syllable.) We decided that it was a Swahili word meaning a tool to allow someone access through a door: maroomkie.
I like it!

Quote:
Wouldn’t Judy have been surprised if she came back and James told her we smoked cigars!

Looks like everyone really enjoyed the afternoon. It seems like you picked a good day to stay away from the parks and got a little bit of a break from the weather to enjoy the afternoon.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #1729
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

5 Judys. Has nobody mentioned the reflection in the window (on the tree) as Judy is taking the picture?

Picture 1, 11, 12 (reflection), 13, 16 (only definitive spoon reflection)

ETA: I see Pat got that one. Still going with 5.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #1730
Elianor
Mouseketeer

Yay, an update. It's like Christmas all year round! Oh my goodness, that tea looks fantastic. I wish my daughter was in to such things, but I'm pretty sure she'd rather be boiled in oil than have to sit through a fancy tea. Just my luck.

"If you told me, I forgot...is that where you stayed? Just recently?"

It was Saratoga Springs and OMG, never again! I adore Disney, all the resort theming and such...but this resort was weird.

We stayed in the Carousel section and it was such a long walk that bell services drove us to our room. That should have been a signal right there. There are several sections and several buildings per section...no big deal - Caribbean Beach is set up much the same way. However, at CB each section had its own quiet pool and laundry and at SSR we had to walk half a mile to the Paddock for the pool and laundry. It was cold enough while we were down there that the pool issue we only had to deal with once, but the hauling the laundry back across the resort at 9pm at night had me cussing under my breath.

Then the next issue was getting around. We had to make a stop at the main building to discover where the laundry was and then we discovered that there is no way other than walking to get from the main building back to our section of the resort. There is no internal bus (CB has one that continually runs the loop) and the bus driver told us that the only way we could do it would be to take the Downtown Disney bus over to DD and then back again.

Um. No. The walk is long but that is longer.

My kiddo mentioned on the way back that the resort was nice and all, but the layout was rather bizarre. (Her words exactly.)

All in all, the theming was lovely, but we prefer the tropical theming of Kidani, Jambo and Caribbean Beach. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but I can't see being able to afford it!
Elianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #1731
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
3 Judys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yes Yes 3 Judys Dang Blam it!!!!!
Yes I am editing - Judy or part of Judy is is five - 3 plus the picture of the tea, the spoons have her relflection inthe 2 left spoons.
Quote:
Well if you're counting that, then there would be six because the spoon on the right has the same reflection right where the handle starts from the bowl of the spoon........
Quote:
Okay, six judys.....or nine if counting the three spoons
The three obvious ones, plus each of those three has a reflection......one in the tile floor, and the other two in the table!
Quote:
Okay I will go with
3 real Judys
3 reflections in the spoons with the tea
1 in the first picture with the floor
1 more reflection in the group shot
total 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Grrr he beat me again I agree 3 Judy's , but I am getting out my Marv magnying glass and re exan=ming each pix !!
Quote:
I'm going with 9 then !!!The piana has a greenish reflection which has to be Judy!!!
Okay, that’s a stretch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
5 Judys. Has nobody mentioned the reflection in the window (on the tree) as Judy is taking the picture?

Picture 1, 11, 12 (reflection), 13, 16 (only definitive spoon reflection)

ETA: I see Pat got that one. Still going with 5.
After acknowledging what a nightmare this chapter was to officiate, the Rules Committee is taking the easy way out and awarding this chapter’s point to Marv, for the 3 obvious ones. Additionally, they are awarding Eagle Eye points to Marv, Pat, and Dee for the spoon reflections and the window reflection. There is still one more out there that no one has mentioned yet.

Updated scores:
Marvin - 11 Judy-sighting wins, 5 Eagle Eye points
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Rosie - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point
Dan - 1 Judy-sighting win, 3 Eagle Eye points
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #1732
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What, you didn't get in enough of a workout earlier at the Exercise Room?
James running away from me like that seemed like a challenge, and I’m too competitive not to resond!

Quote:
Maroomkie! I like it.....a definite addition to the unique DIScabulary!!!
When I leave my suite, I don’t want to forget maroomkie! ‘Cause that’d be bad.

Quote:
Not much for going to tea, but I can definitely go for some of that "fancy-schmancy"stuff!!! Especially that Swan looks really interesting!
Oh yeah, I sure wouldn’t mind trying one of those swans. Cream puffs…Nom nom nom.

Quote:
But gee at least I got the guys going to pool right even if it was cold.....
But being a lifeguard, isn’t “go to the pool” your answer for everything?

Quote:
I got the pool right. Stinks that the pool bar was closed and the drink station as well.
You did. With all the morning rain, it wasn’t a surefire guess so props to you.

I thought it stunk. I brought that mug all the way down there, passing the gift shop, the only other drink station mind you, and then find that it’s closed.

Quote:
That actually sounds like a great father son memory.
Yes, someday he’ll be saying, “remember when you could run?”

Quote:
But what you aren't saying is that ...... he beat you didn't he?
I need to let him have a moral victory every now and then.

Quote:
I like it.

Quote:
Lay down arch your back a bit to get up on your shoulder blades, cross your ankles and push your heel a bit down. FASTEST RIDE.
That sounds like something that any lifeguard worth her salt would blow the whistle for!

Quote:
Yes it would.on both accounts.
I swear, that chandelier would hang all the way to the floor in our house! It’d be so funny to have to walk around it. “Dear, do you think this is too gawdy?” “Nah.”

Quote:
A mighty fine group.
They clean-up nice.

Quote:
YUM that all looks delish.
Mmm-hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I love the tea. We dragged Geoff and my dad one time and they enjoyed it too. It's so nice and relaxing!
I’ll bet it was a nice time. It’s pretty cool to be in that swanky place.

Quote:
Glenn's a married man.............you sure you can talk to him like that???
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #1733
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Oh boy it's been along time but I re-found your tr YAYYYYYY.please excuse my collection of comments ,I'm dsure they are waaaayyyyyyy behind.
Im glad you found your way back! No problem, comment-away.

Quote:
Awe i love Bob he's so fun!
We love him too, such a fun evening. His energy is amazing.

Quote:
oh that pot roast IS yummy I had it for the first time in September n it won't be my last!!!!
Its the way to go, at 50s PT. No doubt about it.

Quote:
HOLYRAIN MUCH???
Why yes, it did rain much!

Quote:
Lol @maroomkie thats too funny not to be an everyday word.
Lets add it to the lexicon. Feel free to use it anytime.

Quote:
awe your girls sat at the same table as me n my girls for our princess tea.
Very cool. It is now a famous table.

Quote:
I am hoping to do the Tea in December and the Buckingham will be my choice !!The Jam Tart makes me wish I could find replacements for my old Tart Tins !! I just know I;m gionna hear something from Marv on that!!!
Youre like me, knowing what youre going to order 10-11 months ahead of time!

You think Marv would make a tart comment to you Rosie? He wouldnt dare!

Quote:
Get your mind outta the gutter......
Hmm, maybe Marv would dare to make a tart comment to Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Sounds like you and James had lots of fun while the girls were being all fancy at the GF! That tea looks like such a nice way to spend the afternoon! (Especially the pastry part! )
We did all right hanging out at the resort. And it worked out pretty well for the girls to do this indoor activity on a kind of yucky day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Geat update about the Tea! The ladies look like they truly enjoyed it. Katharina and I just went to an Afternoon Tea at a hotel in Berlin to celebrate her birthday - it really was our experience at the GF three years ago that got us started. It's an experience we really love!
They did enjoy it! Aw, what a nice way to celebrate Katharinas birthday. Im sure you had a lovely time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
After a morning workout??? I thought it was called vacation???
The gauntlet was thrown down, what else could I do?

Quote:
I like it!
I can put it on my credit card, or I could charge it to maroomkie!

Quote:
Looks like everyone really enjoyed the afternoon. It seems like you picked a good day to stay away from the parks and got a little bit of a break from the weather to enjoy the afternoon.
We made the most of a less-than-spectacular day, weather-wise. I forgot to put it in the chapter, but at some point we ran into some people coming back to the resort from the parks and they said that they had a great time -- no wait for any rides. Maybe if I remember, Ill put that in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Yay, an update. It's like Christmas all year round!
What a nice thing to say&thanks!

Quote:
Oh my goodness, that tea looks fantastic. I wish my daughter was in to such things, but I'm pretty sure she'd rather be boiled in oil than have to sit through a fancy tea. Just my luck.
Maybe youll have to find a different relative to take -- a niece or cousin or somebody.

Quote:
It was Saratoga Springs and OMG, never again! I adore Disney, all the resort theming and such...but this resort was weird.

We stayed in the Carousel section and it was such a long walk that bell services drove us to our room. That should have been a signal right there. There are several sections and several buildings per section...no big deal - Caribbean Beach is set up much the same way. However, at CB each section had its own quiet pool and laundry and at SSR we had to walk half a mile to the Paddock for the pool and laundry. It was cold enough while we were down there that the pool issue we only had to deal with once, but the hauling the laundry back across the resort at 9pm at night had me cussing under my breath.

Then the next issue was getting around. We had to make a stop at the main building to discover where the laundry was and then we discovered that there is no way other than walking to get from the main building back to our section of the resort. There is no internal bus (CB has one that continually runs the loop) and the bus driver told us that the only way we could do it would be to take the Downtown Disney bus over to DD and then back again.

Um. No. The walk is long but that is longer.

My kiddo mentioned on the way back that the resort was nice and all, but the layout was rather bizarre. (Her words exactly.)

All in all, the theming was lovely, but we prefer the tropical theming of Kidani, Jambo and Caribbean Beach. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but I can't see being able to afford it!
Wow, thats good information! And they talk about the long hallways at Kidani and BWV&sounds like there are some long walks at SSR that dont involve hallways. We liked the interior of the SSR suites when my SiL stayed in one a couple of trips ago, but I dont know that we got a sense of what it would be like to stay there&distances to various things like you described. There are several other resorts that I think well try before SSR. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #1734
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I have the missing reflection I think !!Judy on the balcony overlooking the lobby a clear reflection !!! Am I the first with that one !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #1735
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay I have the missing reflection I think !!Judy on the balcony overlooking the lobby a clear reflection !!! Am I the first with that one !!!!
I posted that one in my guess of six Judy's......nine if counting the spoons.

I HAVE, however, found the missing reflection. Will PM Glenn to confirm so as not to spoil it for anyone else who wants to look further.......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #1736
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The reflection in the foor right? Pat said that one already. Keep looking...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1737
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Her reflection on the Table !!!!???????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1738
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Her reflection on the Table !!!!???????
Those were also in my six (or nine) answer...........

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1740
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marv sent me a pm with the correct answer. I'll give him another Eagle Eye point the next time we update the scores. Others, have fun looking!
for another Eagle Eye point!!!

And for those who want to still look, as happened to me you will have ZERO doubt that you found it.......when you actually find it!!!

Definitely one of the better ones that didn't get found to start with, and one that will get NO disagreement with the Rules Committee.......even from Dan and Rosie..........

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: