Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #1636
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Avoiding my challenge Huh Glenn !!!!!Although reading the script, Judy may be VERY upset with me for thinking she is an Alien !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #1637
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Sorry - look what happens when you step away!
Yep! When the cat's away....

Quote:
I love the hat and poncho look! Maybe it will hit the runways for Spring.
Oh yes, it's all the rage in Paris (Texas).

Quote:
I'm surprised the lines were short for ST - So cool you got to ride it 3 times! i could only wish it would be like that this Summer for DGS, 8.
I was surprised too, but happilly surprised. 3 times was enough though...after that, we all were feeling a little queasy. I don't know how well I would've handled a 4th trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Insomnia pays off!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Seems like still a very successful day at DHS despite all the rain. It reminded me that I only ever experienced two really rainy days at WDW - and both were spent at DHS. Just a coincidence, but I think that DHS actually is a pretty good bad weather park as most attractions are indoor with fully enclosed queues. And they are all relatively close together.
I had never really thought about it, but someone else said that it's probably the best park for a rainy day, and I agree, for the reasons you just mentioned.

Quote:
Seems like you had a lot of fun - especially on Star Tours. I really like the new version as well - even though Katharina and I ended up with mostly identical rides every time we went on it. I have heard somewhere that the rebel spy is chosen from a few specific seats, so it depends on where you sit. Not sure if that is correct though.
The number of unique rides is a little misleading. I forget the numbers, (and you may know this -- you do your homework), but the ride has 3 or 4 "segments" and there are a few different scenes you can get for each of those. They calculate all the different permutations of that to say that there are X-number of different rides, but you could also potentially see all of the unique scenes in just a few rides, if you didn't get any repeats. We certainly saw many of the same scenes a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Now in the pix carrying the bag which is the 1 wearing the same shirt in another is that NOT Judy!!???
You'll have to tell me which picture and which person you're thinking of....I don't see her in any picture other than the Streets of America one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
In my rush to answer I didn't even notice lol! I'm just glad that I've been able to even answer lately! �� I hope my emoji comes up lol!
Oh that's okay, I don't expect you to go through and check all of the previous answers first. Hmmm, I don't think your emoji came through, but I'll bet it was a good one! Here's where they come from:
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #1638
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Avoiding my challenge Huh Glenn !!!!!
No, just trying to reply in order. I don't have any idea what other picture you think you see her in.

Quote:
Although reading the script, Judy may be VERY upset with me for thinking she is an Alien !!!
Yes, you don't want to get on her bad side!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #1639
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
No, just trying to reply in order. I don't have any idea what other picture you think you see her in.

Yes, you don't want to get on her bad side!
It is the 7th pix right after the FP for RnR , what you said it was a pix of though is why I added the second comment Judy the pix is blurry and it is the same color as your shirt and it looks like your hair is up !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1640
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47

It is the 7th pix right after the FP for RnR , what you said it was a pix of though is why I added the second comment Judy the pix is blurry and it is the same color as your shirt and it looks like your hair is up !!
What?! You thought you saw her in a pic from the Star Tours queue?? Oh Rosie.

Last edited by glennbo123; 01-14-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #1641
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
You can’t beat the hat-over-the-poncho-hood look.
He's a trend-setter! All the kids will be wearing that in a couple of years.

Quote:
Is it my imagination or are my fingers starting to look pruney from all of the rain?
That's just old age.

Quote:
I rode with James and shame of all shames…he beat me. I had some trouble early-on; I can’t remember what exactly, but I got way behind at the first game. I made up a lot of ground later, but couldn’t quite catch him.
Don't worry. You both would kick my rear end.

Quote:
There are lots of times that I’d like to reference “Veterinarians Hospital” or “Piiiiigs in Spaaaaaaace”, but they have no idea what I’m talking about.
Poor deprived kids.

Quote:
Judy was ready to go back to the resort too, but the kids wanted to keep going of course, so I volunteered to stay at the park and you know, make sure they stayed out of trouble with their faster pace of touring than I’d experienced so far that day.

Quote:
If you’re not familiar with Admiral Akbar, he’s only one of the most-loved minor characters from Star Wars. He’s famous for his pointing-out-the-obvious line, “It’s a trap!”
Hmmm...I think I've seen him somewhere before.

Quote:
The ride was awesome, yet again, and Lauren was the rebel spy, again. (She had been the spy earlier in the day when the kids were on their own.) The ride was so awesome in fact, (and the lines were short) that we immediately went on it 2 more times!

Quote:
James however, wasn’t buying it, apparently thinking that ‘fear’ is a pretty reasonable thing to be afraid of, and would be waiting for us in the dump shop.
James is a smart kid. How are you drugging the other two?

Quote:
After the Twilight Zone pre-show, as we were walking to the loading area in that awesome boiler-room of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, we were a little miffed at some teenagers who wormed their way past us. But we had the last laugh when we got to the elevator and the cast member was calling out, “party of 3?” and we got to go past them and board immediately. He he he.
Nice! Serves 'em right.

Quote:
Oh, on the way out of the park I tried to give away our extra fastpasses and the person asked me, “are you trying to give them away?”, trying to be sure I wasn’t scalping them or something. Why do I always have such a hard time giving fastpasses away?
I know what you mean. It always surprises me, too, when people don't want extra FastPasses.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #1642
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

maybe you are just too good looking to picked as the rebel spy.

yeah go with that.

rainy park days stink, seems like yours lasted a decent amount of time instead of hte quick hour tops rains.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #1643
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
The number of unique rides is a little misleading. I forget the numbers, (and you may know this -- you do your homework), but the ride has 3 or 4 "segments" and there are a few different scenes you can get for each of those. They calculate all the different permutations of that to say that there are X-number of different rides, but you could also potentially see all of the unique scenes in just a few rides, if you didn't get any repeats. We certainly saw many of the same scenes a few times.
I think our first three rides were not just similar, but identical. The funny thing is that the third ride was with Marv and Jonathan and they were so excited because for them it was the first time in all their rides that they got to go to the ice planet. So unrandomness for us was randomness for them...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #1644
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

No not my first post but it's been a while!!! Glad you remembered me

If you remember I also spent 1 day at IoA/Univ. so curious how your day went.

Deb
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #1645
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
He's a trend-setter! All the kids will be wearing that in a couple of years.
You can jump on the band wagon now!

Quote:
That's just old age.
You may be right!

Quote:
Don't worry. You both would kick my rear end.
We should go right now and see.

Quote:
Poor deprived kids.
There goes my father-of-the-year nom.

Quote:
Hmmm...I think I've seen him somewhere before.
You probably have....and quoted him.

Quote:
James is a smart kid. How are you drugging the other two?
Captain, I still can't believe you don't enjoy this ride....it's got all the smoothness of a DE highway.

Quote:
Nice! Serves 'em right.
Oh, we loved that moment. Didn't feel any remorse in the slightest!

Quote:
I know what you mean. It always surprises me, too, when people don't want extra FastPasses.
They're so skeptical! It's pretty simple...I have these, I'm not going to use them, do you want them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
maybe you are just too good looking to picked as the rebel spy.

yeah go with that.
You might be on to something there, Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
rainy park days stink, seems like yours lasted a decent amount of time instead of hte quick hour tops rains.
Oh yeah, this was Tropical Storm Debby, a slow mover that just swirled over central Florida for a few days.

Quote:
I think our first three rides were not just similar, but identical.
Well that stinks. We had some different elements here and there, but definitely had some repeats a couple of times. I think I only saw 2 different opening sequences.

Quote:
The funny thing is that the third ride was with Marv and Jonathan and they were so excited because for them it was the first time in all their rides that they got to go to the ice planet. So unrandomness for us was randomness for them...
I think we got that one once, and it was one of the later rides, so we were excited to see something different too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
No not my first post but it's been a while!!! Glad you remembered me
I try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
If you remember I also spent 1 day at IoA/Univ. so curious how your day went.

Deb
Ohhhh yes, now I remember. Thanks for reminding me. Now you've got me tempted to say some things about that day, but I really should wait until I get there. I can say, since I mentioned it on another thread, that I'll have a spoiler-photo from the Forbidden Journey ride.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #1646
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
You can’t beat the hat-over-the-poncho-hood look.
Well, there's always the stupid-hat-over-the-poncho-hood look.

Quote:
a trip report without pictures of the fastpasses is a major no-no
Well, I guess I'd better stop writing mine...

Quote:
It still holds a charge for a decent amount of time, but I can’t rely on the level indicator anymore.
Well, that's frustrating. I'm glad it wasn't anything too severely wrong with it though.

Quote:
Anyway, the camera was done for the day so the rest of the pictures, which aren’t many, will be from my iPhone.
Hmm... sounds familiar.

Quote:
I wish my kids were more familiar with the old “Muppet Show” episodes. There are lots of times that I’d like to reference “Veterinarians Hospital” or “Piiiiigs in Spaaaaaaace”, but they have no idea what I’m talking about.
My 2 year old son loves it! He enjoyed the movie so much that I bought Season 1 of the Muppet Show at Wal Mart. He loves watching the Muppets.

Quote:
I volunteered to stay at the park and you know, make sure they stayed out of trouble with their faster pace of touring than I’d experienced so far that day.
The sacrifices we make as parents...

Quote:
Lauren had gotten us some Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster fastpasses before she met us at the 5&10 and I took this picture just before we left, at around 3:30.
By "Lauren" you really meant "my favorite child," right?

Quote:
He’s famous for his pointing-out-the-obvious line, “It’s a trap!”
I'm vaguely familiar with it...

Quote:
The ride was awesome, yet again, and Lauren was the rebel spy, again. (She had been the spy earlier in the day when the kids were on their own.)
Wow. She must be photogenic.

Quote:
Consequently, I was making dumb-looking faces , trying to get chosen as the rebel spy.
Hey, look! The spy is Admiral Ackbar!

Quote:
Lauren speculated that maybe her birthday button, and Poppy’s anniversary button, was what got them selected.
Interesting theory...

Quote:
I don’t remember anything interesting to tell you about this particular ride versus my umpteen other rides on it, other than it’s still my favorite Disney coaster.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #1647
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

I'm baaaack! Sorry I have been MIA for a while and am now caught backup. Just found out last week DH is going to LA for business and I was invited to tag along. Like a good Diser I will be spending much of that time at Disneyland! SInce I have not been there in too many years to mention I have been on a frenzy to learn all about DL and DCA. It seems like a very different place Now that I think I finally have a little bit of a handle on it I can move back to DW trip reports.

Glad to see you did not let the rain bother you too much. That was also nice of you to take one for the team and volunteer to stay in the park to corral the kids.

Glad you were able to move the tea around. At DW that is not a small feat. That is definitely different at DL. I had my pick of dining reservations out there at less than 3 weeks.

Looking forward to reading more!

Mary Kay

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #1648
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Well, I kind of fell off the DIS for a while what with moving to a new house and the holidays, but I am all caught up on your report! And you have made it to WDW!

I have never heard much about Yehaa Bob before, but if he merits a first-night tradition, he must be pretty entertaining! We are staying at POR for the first time in August, so maybe we will get to see him.

I'm impressed that y'all managed to have so much fun at DHS despite the rain. The lunch at '50s looked great!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #1649
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

All caught up.... finally.

That's right go out and post an update while some of us are out running until we pass out.... well almost

Rainy Debbie Day at the DHS. Nice touring and glad you got some faster paced time with the kids.

I have never been the rebel spy but I also have seemed to have an end seat most of the time. Probably one of the reasons.

Not going anywhere for a few months so hopefully if work can cooperate I can stay caught up for a while.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1650
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Oh man, Rootbeer and Star Tours. My favorite!
That rain looks like a bummer but good on ya for having such a (seemingly) great time through it all.
Good sports

Admiral Akbar is my favorite. You know Red Zone? The NFL thing where they show all the red zone plays? Before it they do a fantasy foot ball show and one of the analysts' name is Akbar something or other and he has a segment where he tells you the good players you should bench because "it's a traaaaap!" it's pretty awesome
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: