Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #151
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm very sorry for your loss Very tragic.
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #152
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
So sorry to hear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
sorry to hear your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss Very tragic.
Thank you.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #153
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well I am not a Country Bumpkin I am from Silly Suffolk , which apparently in olde english or gelic or something old "Silly" means Holy !!! So I am special and therefor all my Judy Sighting answers deserve a point
Silly crap! You can't be serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I have left my pillow in so many hotel rooms, thus losing not only my pillow, but a pillowcase, that I now leave it home and trust the hotels to have comfy pillows.
Somehow we've never lost one, knock on wood. But I'm like you, it's too much bother so I just rely on whatever the hotel's got.

Quote:
hey glen, im here, thanks for the link...
Dan! I'm glad you found your way over.

Quote:
enjoyed her rendition of the trip...and the excitment for the big city.
Thank you. More to come.

Quote:
you need to let your kids out more. lol just kidding
Too many crazies out there. Heck, I won't even let her on the DIS. Just kidding too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
(Runs up to the glass and bangs on it, "Graduate" style)

I'm here!!!
Brian! What a great visual! I'll try to arrange for a Magical Express bus for you to make your getaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
No Disney yet?

Well, Lauren seems to be doing a good job with the NY portion. So I'll allow it.
Oh, whew, thank you. We did trade-out some DVC points for their hotel room, so there is a small Disney tie-in.

Last edited by glennbo123; 07-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #154
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Love reading Lauren's post! She did a pretty good job. Looks like she took lots of pictures and notes too, haha.

Were they really sitting where the bags were? Sounds like they got yelled at for nothing.

All those pictures make me want to return to NYC! I just love the city.

My condolances to you and your former boss' family.
YukiPhnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #155
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have 2 co-workers who have loss family members in the last 3 weeks and it's never easy. The tragic losses are the worse.

I really enjoyed Lauren's trip reporting. You have taught her well. There was lots of detail and it was witty and fun. She also did great on the photos. The only thing missing was food pictures, hopefully there will be some in the next update.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #156
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Yay! They made it to NYC. I can't wait to read more.
addictedtothemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #157
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Waiting for more Judy's !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #158
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Love reading Lauren's post! She did a pretty good job. Looks like she took lots of pictures and notes too, haha.
Thanks Yuki. They did take lots of pictures and kept notes -- I drilled that into them before they left. I guess they got the message.

Quote:
Were they really sitting where the bags were? Sounds like they got yelled at for nothing.
Apparently so. From the picture it looks like all the rest of the train-car.

Quote:
All those pictures make me want to return to NYC! I just love the city.
Good, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
My condolances to you and your former boss' family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. I have 2 co-workers who have loss family members in the last 3 weeks and it's never easy. The tragic losses are the worse.
Thank you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I really enjoyed Lauren's trip reporting. You have taught her well. There was lots of detail and it was witty and fun. She also did great on the photos. The only thing missing was food pictures, hopefully there will be some in the next update.
She's the only one in the family that's read any of my trip reports. She hasn't read them all, but enough to get the idea.

Ha ha, yeah, there were no food pictures in that chapter. We have some coming up...not as much as I would have done, but hopefully it will be enough to tide you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Yay! They made it to NYC. I can't wait to read more.
Yes, they did. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Waiting for more Judy's !!!!
Hang in there Rosie.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #159
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Scenes from an Italian restaurant

I should have mentioned last time that I, the NYC trip planner, didn’t send the ladies off empty-handed. I gave them hardcopies of the following documents, as well as pdf versions on Judy’s phone, to help them on their way.

The overall NYC Plan

And train information

Okay, back to Lauren…

We went to an Italian restaurant called Patsy’s which wasn’t far from our hotel. It was really nice and formal in there.

They also had pictures of tons of famous people who had visited the restaurant. The food was pricey and we weren’t too starving so my mom and I shared a meal. We got some freshly baked bread, salad and stuffed manicotti.

All of the food was delicious! The other nice thing was that there were always people coming around to serve you or making sure you were okay. The only thing was that I felt like they were watching me eat, and I don’t like that very much.
Then we walked over to Central Park. The closer we got, the more people would heckle us about renting a bike or a carriage or anything. It was really annoying to have to tell all of those people “no” but they were persistent. I really liked Central Park, especially the whole craziness of it.

It was weird for there to be trees and grass and playgrounds in the middle of the city. But it really goes with the rest of the city. There are old buildings next to shining new ones. So in a sense, Central Park blends right in. We saw this nice bridge so I had Mom take a picture of me on it, overlooking the rest of the park.

On our way out, I saw a group of Muslims praying. I guess it was that time of day. I didn’t take a picture because I didn’t want to call attention and I thought it might be disrespectful. At the entrance to the park they had this beautiful statue, pedestal thing. It was really nice.

I liked this building because I thought it was interesting how it went in and out on the side.

And not far from that was this building with intricate designs and beautiful carvings.

Then James texted us that he wanted a picture of Times Square, so we headed in that direction. We stopped in the M&M store which had three stories and an escalator! They had all kinds of colors of M&M’s from floor to ceiling. They also had this machine that would read your mood and tell you what color you were.

I was aqua green.

I was aqua green. The message said “there’s nothing average about you.” I thought that was cool because the girl that went before me got the same color but the message was different.

Then I took a picture of the cylinders with different types of colored M&M’s inside. I think this one had different NY sports teams and stuff. The picture is blurry because I was having trouble taking it over the dancing employees.

Then we went out closer to Times Square and Mom was a little late in taking the picture of Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

There was one interesting thing that I didn’t take a picture of. There was a man out in the street (a safe part) that was wearing only underwear and playing the guitar. If you looked at him straight on, it didn’t look like he was wearing anything at all. Then there was this photo of Times Square that I took for James, and I guess for all of you Dis people…

I saw a Bubba Gump restaurant sign and had to take a picture. For those of you who’ve seen Forrest Gump, you know why.

Then, as we were passing a Toys R Us, I saw that there was a Ferris Wheel INSIDE! I just had to go in and take a picture.

Plus, as you can see, the cars were all different kinds of toys like the fisher price car, Legos, potato head, Tonka trucks, Barbie and other themes. Then we actually had ice cream inside the Toys R Us. I had midnight cookies and cream and Mom had butter pecan. Sorry, no pictures there.
On our way back, we went into a store and I saw this really small penny. What was funny about it was it said. “Obama penny. Getting smaller and smaller and smaller…” I just had to laugh and I’m sorry if I offended anyone. We also passed by a Fluffy’s Bakery which I found to be a very odd name. We were looking for food to buy for breakfasts in the future, but all they really had were sweet baked goods and some really awesome looking doughnuts. Then we went to a supermarket near the Manhattan Club and got some bagels, fruit and cream cheese for future breakfasts. We then walked back to our hotel to check on our room.

Coming up: Hotel room pictures, Dinner, and our Wicked evening!
Link to next chapter

Last edited by glennbo123; 07-18-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #160
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

1 Judy or 01 in binary or 1 in hexidecimal.

Jill in CO
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #161
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

13 minutes too late! *drat*

Anyway...you should teach Lauren the fine skill of avoiding eye contact with people so they don't try to sell you anything. It works like a charm

And I take it you haven't shown her the "Naked Cowboy?" He's the one with the guitar in the middle of the street!

There's an M&M store in the Florida Mall in Orlando. Doesn't sound like it's as big as the one in Times Square though.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #162
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Arrgh! Jill beat me!

I didn't remember the ferris wheel inside there, how fun is that. I love Central Park, there's always something magical about it to me, like I'm in a movie just by being there.

Fun afternoon with lots of nice sightseeing, a "real" Italian lunch complete with hovering and street heckling.

Sounds about perfect to me.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #164
MEK
DIS Veteran

Too late for 1 Judy?

Your lunch looks so yummy and I love the picture of Minnie and Mickey. Awesome!

Beautiful pictures of central park.

Can't wait to see the room.

Glen - so sorry to hear about your former boss. That is very sad.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #165
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

2 Judys !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: