Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #391
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The biggest problem was that they didn't want to go off on their own until much later. They weren't comfortable with the idea. It did finally happen and things were a bit smoother. I kept telling myself that it was their vacation too and I couldn't force them to go any faster. I guess I was just trying to make everybody happy but by the end I had a little bit of a breakdown...
It is very hard being the organizer, that was the hardest part for me too.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #392
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
People in GTY status usually get their rooms assigned between 35 and 45 days prior to sailing. Some people get their assignments earlier and some later.

I love all the photos and the clever detail. It was great that it was so empty even though you got there relatively late.

Corinna
Thanks so much for the info. I booked an 11C which I'm totally content to stay with, but the sailing has so many categories still open I'll be curious if an upgrade is a possibility.

I was thinking it would be packed with us arriving so late but it was a nice surprise.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #393
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

We stayed in an 11C twice, for our Med cruise and for the Hawaiian cruise. We loved the location on deck 2 forward and both cabins were very quiet.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #394
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thank you, thank you for all the CL pics!!! We are staying there for the first time in about a week and a half for Hubby's bday!! First stay at Jambo-home is Kidani
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #395
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thank you, thank you for all the CL pics!!! We are staying there for the first time in about a week and a half for Hubby's bday!! First stay at Jambo-home is Kidani
You will have a great time. happy Birthday to your DH.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #396
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
This is exactly how I've come to think. It's only been in the last few years that I've been able to treat myself and I'm still getting used to it.
I just wish I could get Fran back in that mode of thinking. She uses to enjoy stuff, hopefully when she isn't in pain it will be better.

Nice to have the park to yourself, but that waiting stuff just drives me bonkers. I will not play tour guide for anyone any more. If they come with me like Brandi said, we'll meet up for a few things and di the rest on our own.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #397
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just wish I could get Fran back in that mode of thinking. She uses to enjoy stuff, hopefully when she isn't in pain it will be better.

Nice to have the park to yourself, but that waiting stuff just drives me bonkers. I will not play tour guide for anyone any more. If they come with me like Brandi said, we'll meet up for a few things and di the rest on our own.
Now I will say that if we went with other Disney lovers then it might not be too bad... For example you guys, if we were all there together, we would have fun, maybe too much fun...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #398
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Welcome You're going to love it, CL is fantastic. Lots more pictures to come. I haven't stayed at Kidani yet, just love Jambo House too much.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #399
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I hope she feels better soon. I really hope you are able to enjoy your cruise

This trip was definitely a learning experience that's for sure. It was undoubtedly good quality time with M, we have never done anything except holidays and day trips together.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #400
MEK
DIS Veteran

Pam - your pictures are outstanding. So crisp and clear. Looks like a beautiful day.

OK - I have to say that I am already getting annoyed at your brother and SIL. I bet they decide they have to eat about 30 minutes after you get to the park. And how the heck does it take 20 minutes to get sunscreen. Really?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #401
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Pam - your pictures are outstanding. So crisp and clear. Looks like a beautiful day.

OK - I have to say that I am already getting annoyed at your brother and SIL. I bet they decide they have to eat about 30 minutes after you get to the park. And how the heck does it take 20 minutes to get sunscreen. Really?
It was just so bizarre. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Every time I turned around something else was going awry. She's already a slow paced person but the only thing I could think was that she had some bathroom trouble and didn't want to say anything. Thankfully AK was less than five minutes away so we didn't lose any more time.

No, their 'hearty breakfast' kept them placated until I got hungry. It was a different kind of trip that's for sure!

Thanks so much about the pictures

Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #402
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, their 'hearty breakfast' kept them placated until I got hungry. It was a different kind of trip that's for sure!
Thank goodness because I had visions of them walking in and saying "let's eat lunch". Sort of what my SIL our first night in the MK when we had just eaten lunch 3 or 4 hours prior to arrival.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #403
Pinkocto

6 days inbetween updates, my goodness I'm slacking! Sorry everybody Here comes one shortly.

I did buy my airfare for my December and January trips. SW was having a 40% off sale and I just happened to check the website. I haven't seem them that cheap in a long time, $75 and $85 to Orlando and Miami. I also made an ADR for the Sci-Fi Diner on the last day our APs are good at 8:50 during EMHs. I think it will be a really nice way to end the park part of the trip. I've been wanting to try it for ages and every time I stop in they are booked solid. 8:50 was the only ADR left for that evening so I nabbed it.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 10-13-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #404
Pinkocto

We finally made our way to the Safari and it was a walk-on. The way things ended up most of the week was that the rides had a posted time of 5-10 minutes, but it took that long to walk through the empty queue. It was perfect.

It was a nice safari but a little underwhelming. R & M really enjoyed it. Remember, this is M's first trip to AK. She really did love the park.

After the Safari we stopped in one of the shops on the way out of Harambe where I found some much needed sunglasses. I had dropped my car off at the mechanic's before leaving and forgot the sunglasses. Everyone had left me shopping and I come out to find R with two glasses of beer and icecream for mom and M. He knows me well, I didn't want an icecream, but why did he need two beers? So he wouldn't waste any time later getting another one he said. You really can't wait until this evening to get FREE beer in the CL? I tend to be thrifty when I can get something for free later on. I know it wasn't my money, but it really irritated me.

They all wanted to try the Kali River Rapids so that's where we headed next. We encountered a huge crowd that had found Devine. Mom and M stopped to watch for a while. I had to get away from the crowd so kept walking. On the way we passed the Flights of Wonder arena but the timing didn't work out so continued onward. The River Rapids was a 20 minute wait and I really did not want to get wet at that time so said I would wait for them while they rode. I was quickly getting spoiled rotten by the walk-ons. Well they didn't want to go without me so we headed to EE which was another walk-on. Have I said how perfect that was R & M loved it so much they decided to ride again. I can't ride that one back to back because I get nauseous so mom waited with me. They loved it just as much the second time.

I was actually the one who demanded that we eat and headed to Restaurantosaurous for a veggie sub. They all lolly gagged behind, waiting for R to take a smoke break while I shuffled ahead. It was only day two and my feet were giving me such pain. They all finally caught up with me, I shuffled slowly enough that they could see me in the distance. The only picture I have of lunch is my sandwhich.

It was really delicious after I doctored it up. I must warn you that I'm a very picky eater and absolutely can't stand onions or peppers and this had both. They couldn't remove them because the sandwhich is pre-made. I also ended up taking off the portabello mushrooms and eggplant which left me with very little untli I added lettuce, tomatoes, and sauteed mushrooms from the toppings bar. I know I know, I warned you. M had the same sandwhich undoctored and really enjoyed it. R had some sort of chicken sandwhich and yet another beer. While mom just had some french fries. Her own order, I wan't about to let her eat all of my delicious fries.

The whole day I thought the park closed at 6 and that we still had a couple hours left but I was checking the times guide for the Nemo showings and noticed that the park actually closed at 5 that day. OH NO!!! We still had lots to see and now one less hour in which to do it. The time stamp of my sandwhich was 3:23, so I think we left the restaurant right around 4:00. The plan was to go to Dinosaur, then do ITTBAB, circle up to KRR, then do the last show of Nemo which was at 5:00. So we hustled out of the restaurant and headed right to Dinosaur which mom sat out. She cant stand how jerky it is. As many times as Ive done this I scream bloody murder when the big dinosaur comes out at the end. R loved the picture of us so stopped to buy it. It was quite amusing. We quickly went outside to collect mom and made our way to ITTBAB. On the way we stopped for a few minutes to watch the crocodile who was moving around in the water which the CM said was very rare. The first time I saw him I thought for sure he was a statue because I couldnt even tell he was breathing. No picture, we were on a mission. Walk-on for ITTBAB, mom and I loved it as usual. R had not warned M of anything that would happen and she did not like it one bit. Id be surprised if she ever did that again. R enjoyed it though, he had been pretty nostalgic all day about AK.

It was a straight shot to Asia through one of the spokes so we made excellent time getting to KRR which was another walk-on. I was going to sit it out because I was scared about getting my camera wet but at the last minute decided to join them and stowed everything in the not so waterproof area. Thankfully everything was safe. The CM was rushing everybody for who knows what reason and R sat right down on a hard plastic area and really hurt his side. He was not a happy camper about that. I got absolutely soaked. Nobody else got soaked except for me. The one who almost didnt go on the ride.... Oh well, thankfully it was the end of the day. They were letting people get right back on without going through line so mom and M went again. R and I had had enough so waited for them. Unfortunately that messed up the plans to go see the last Nemo show but everything worked out fine. It was 5:07 when mom and M joined as after their second ride. I noticed they had some lockers roped off right near the entrance to KRR which are free to use. They werent available yet or I definitely would have used them. We slowly made our way out of the park and thankfully got on the first bus back to the resort.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 10-13-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #405
dgbg100106

Sounds like a very fun day.... I love he rapids and I am always the one who gets drenched.

2013 Cruising adventures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: