Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
medicjch
Mouseketeer

Anyone ever experienced the 4th in Celebration?

We will be in the area next week and are looking for something good to do on the 4th. I saw that Celebration has what seems to be lots of activities planned and I was wondering if anyone has been there in years past? Any other suggestions are appreciated as well. We really have no plans at this point other than we would like to see a good fireworks show. We won't be staying on property or visiting the parks this trip.
medicjch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Goofy24/7
Earning My Ears

My family was at MK 2 yrs ago for the 4th. The fireworks are AWESOME!!!!!!

We were told that once you picked a park you need to stay because all fill to capacity. The parks are packed.

Also when the fireworks are over, don't be in a hurry to leave. Everybody leaves after the show and traffic is a nightmare. My parents left after the fireworks and was in traffic for almost 2 hrs.

Hope this helped and enjoy your 4th
Goofy24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy24/7 View Post
My family was at MK 2 yrs ago for the 4th. The fireworks are AWESOME!!!!!!

We were told that once you picked a park you need to stay because all fill to capacity. The parks are packed.

Also when the fireworks are over, don't be in a hurry to leave. Everybody leaves after the show and traffic is a nightmare. My parents left after the fireworks and was in traffic for almost 2 hrs.

Hope this helped and enjoy your 4th
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicjch View Post
We won't be staying on property or visiting the parks this trip.
Goofy24/7 - the OP was referring to Celebration, a Disney-built town in Floirida which is adjacent to the parks...

Last edited by JB2K; 06-30-2012 at 06:06 PM.
JB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
medicjch
Mouseketeer

Just an update for anyone who is interested.....

We went to Celebration, FL for their 4th of July festivities and it was a good time. The streets were blocked off downtown and they basically had a street fair set up. Lots of food vendors! They had bounce house type activities for the kids and you could buy a wristband for $10. They had costumed folks wandering around (Stormtroopers, Jango Fett, a couple of Ghostbusters, Prof. Snape...) as their theme for the night was movies. We ended up getting a table outside at the "diner" (the actual name escapes me) and were able to watch the fireworks from there. Not the best view, but good enough. The fireworks were pretty good and they were set to music from lots of different movies. One of the cool parts was when they played "Purple Rain" and the fireworks turned the sky purple and it looked like purple rain. Anyway, I would certainly go again, and I'm actually thinking about doing it again next year. We got there late 6 or 7ish and I would like to get there a little earlier so the kids would have some more time for the games. There is lots of free parking on the outlying streets and it is not a bad walk into the town center. Leaving is about like leaving anything where you have a large crowd.......took a while, but "pack your patience" and be nice. Probably would have helped a little if they had someone controlling a couple of the intersections a little better, but I was prepared for it so it really was not that big a deal. If you are looking for something to do outside the parks, I would recommend giving this a try.
medicjch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: