Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiroff.natasha View Post
Hello! I've been enjoying your updates I will also be on the Dream August 19th -- can't wait! Looking forward to reading more.
That's Great! I'm glad I didn't share any of the FE stuff on here...LOL, since you are in our FE Group! We are getting so close now! I am 17 days out from leaving home for the cruise! Can't wait to meet you guys! And wish your mom happy 50th birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
Super awesome job on the pirate shirt!

Sigh...I wish I was sewing talented.
I really love to sew, I'm glad that my grandmother taught me how when I was younger. I am one of those people that likes to try all sorts of things...whether I end up being good at them or not...ROFL! Thanks so much for reading!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Pirate Vest Almost Complete! Weekend Wedding!

Hi everyone, sorry it has been a little while since I have given you guys an update on what has been going on!

Everything in New York went well with the video, so I am very happy about that! I was sad though because with the traffic getting to the Lincoln Tunnel, byt the time we got there it was past time for the Magic to sail. So sadly we did not get to see it in NYC (hopefully I will get to in September, maybe taking my mom on a thank you cruise). On our way to where we were staying, we did however, get to see the Cruise Ship Terminal that the Magic sails out of...for future reference!

We made it home that Sunday and I immediately got back into FE Gift mode/pirate shirt sewing mode/matron of honor mode...etc. On the 27th the Olympics started and i LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the Olympics! Every 2 years my eyes are pretty much glued to the television set on each and every sport! If I am not at home, I record them so I can watch them later, which actually takes less time because of all of the commercials. I am so proud of everything that the USA has accomplished so far and how amazing all of the other countries are doing as well!

Pirate Vest: I have one more seam to sew on the pirate vest, then I have to sew on the buttons, I think there are 15 or 18 of them, anyway, there are a lot of buttons to sew on this vest! I think we have decided that I am not going to have time to make a costume for myself since I have such a limited amount of time considering we are going to be gone this weekend as well. I feel like had we been home, I would have had time to make one for myself, oh well, there is always the next DCL cruise, which I know won't be too far away!

FE Update: I am still working away on the FE Gifts, today is the last day for people to join our group, so I at least will have a final count of everything that I am going to have to make, which is great! I decided on what to do for the teen/adult children. It was probably the most costly project, but still all in all pretty reasonable to do! The only thing left to decide for me on those are the gifts for the infant/toddlers, which is always the hardest for me, I just really have a hard time figuring something out since I don't have children and have never had a lot of experience with a child of that age, so I don't really know what they like to play with, or even need...oh well I still have 17 days right?

This weekend we have to go to Savannah, GA for my SILs Wedding. Being a Matron of Honor for an out of town wedding is very interesting. I think we should have a great time and I just hope that it is not too hot. I received my shoes in the mail for ceremony and am glad I finally have everything squared away, now all I have to do pretty much is pack! Since we leave Friday morning.

Random Life Stuff: Ok Monday I was called for jury duty. The night before we are supposed to call in and see whether we have to show up for that day or not. My juror number was 074, when I called in on Sunday night jurors numbered 075-190 had been excused, I was like are you kidding me!! 1 more number and I wouldn't have had to go in. So I get to the courthouse at 8:30 like it is stated on the summons, find out that court has been delayed until 10:00, then we didn't even make it into the courtroom for juror selection until 11:30! Wouldn't you know it out of those 74 other people, I was picked in the original group of 12 to be a juror on a criminal trial, that the judge said could possibly last until Wednesday, or until its over...I was thinking great, what amazing luck I have. So by 12:30 we were dismissed for lunch, back by 2:00 listened to all of the witness testimonies, had another break, came back got closing arguments from the attorneys, went into the jury room, within 10 minutes we had a decision of Not Guilty on the charge, delivered it to the courtroom, the accused was set free, and we got to leave by 4:45pm! At least I get paid $12...ROFL It was actually pretty cool for me to see our justice system in action. I have never even had a speeding ticket or know anyone personally that has been in a courthouse proceeding. At least now I can't be called for 2 years

So to wrap up this REALLY long update, I feel like I am getting things done in a timely manner and need to start getting laundry done to pack up for this weekend, and get the house ready for my mom, who is staying here yet again to take care of my doggies! Love you Moma!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
HippoHappy
Earning My Ears

I'm enjoying your PTR so far!
According to your ticker, there are only 12 more days until you leave!!! How exciting!
Great job on the pirate shirt!
Can't wait to read more! Perhaps I'll make my way over to your Alaska TR to fill the time until your next update...
HippoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoHappy View Post
I'm enjoying your PTR so far!
According to your ticker, there are only 12 more days until you leave!!! How exciting!
Great job on the pirate shirt!
Can't wait to read more! Perhaps I'll make my way over to your Alaska TR to fill the time until your next update...
We are getting very close to our trip! Thank you so much about the pirate shirt! I am glad you are enjoying the PTR! My Alaska one is long, so by the time you finish reading it, I may have this TR completed...ROFL!! Thanks again for reading!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Savannah, IGT Revealed, Popcorn Buckets, and Countdown!!

Hi guys! I know it has been a little while since I have given you an update, we have had so much going on but I finally have time to sit down and give you a little!!

Last weekend we went to Savannah, GA for my Sister-In-Law's Wedding, of which, I was the Matron of Honor! The weather was wonderful while we were down there and we had a great time! We stayed at the Mansion on Forsyth Park, I absolutely loved our room, we had this HUGE tub, it was really beautiful! I would definitely stay there again if I had the chance!

We arrived there on Friday afternoon, went and had dinner at Moon River Brewing? I think that is what it was called, the next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and Jeremy was so full after that he plopped himself across the bed to rest for a little while before the ceremony!

The reception was great, the food was terrific, all in all a really great weekend, on our way home we got a little bit of a treat that made us that much more excited to go on our Disney Trip, which was coming up soon!!!We got to see a Mickey Head hiding in the clouds!! Can you see it too???

Yesterday, I was checking the internet to see if we had gotten our room assignments yet, because I hear that GTY assignments are usually given out between 10-12 Days before after 3:00pm. We booked an IGT rate for this particular cruise because the deal could not be beat for us! When I booked it, I was really excited because I have wanted to see those magical portholes for a while! On our first Disney Cruise we went on the Wonder to Alaska and had a standard inside stateroom, so I was very happy with our decision to choose an IGT. WELL...yesterday when we got our assignments, I discovered that we did not have a Cat 11 room, not even a 10, or a 9!! We had been pixie dust upgraded to an 8C!! Those rooms are HUGE with that giant porthole window seat and the round shower split bathrooms!! I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe that we were so lucky to get pixie dusted!! Yay!!

There has been a lot going on this past week for us, On Sunday when we got home from Savannah, Jeremy's boss called him and offered him a promotion, but the condition was that we will have to move..so we have been contemplating that decision this entire week, then today he decided that he wanted to have a Yard Sale TOMORROW! So all day long we have been going through the house finding stuff (we had a lot piled up already in our "junk" room). At one point he started collecting Disney Souvenir Popcorn Buckets and stacking them up...well one thing led to another and we had a leaning tower of buckets...BUT, these were only from one room, I have these things all over the house, we use them for everything. I have them from Disneyland Paris, Disneyland, Hollywood Studios, I have Christmas and Halloween ones, R2D2 one from Star Wars Weekends...you name it, I have a popcorn bucket for it! I am kind of addicted to Disney World Popcorn, there is no popcorn like it in the whole world...although Jeremy did say that I don't need anymore souvenir buckets!

So, we are 7 Days away from the start of our vacation. It is about that time to get everything in order and start packing...I am still working on FE Gifts and hope to have them all completed by the weekend...maybe! I FINALLY came up with something to do for the 2 and under age category, and that was the last one I needed to figure out, and those gifts shouldn't be too hard to make! So now, I am going to take a little rest and watch some more Olympics! Go USA! Have A Magical Night everyone!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
SamandWill1921
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! I LOVED your last TR for your Alaska cruise. Can't wait to see how this trip goes for you.

Belated Honeymoon at Disneyland October 2011
Disney Wonder California Coast Sept 2012
Disneyland Sept 2012
SamandWill1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandWill1921 View Post
Subscribing! I LOVED your last TR for your Alaska cruise. Can't wait to see how this trip goes for you.
Aww Thank you so much!! I am glad you enjoyed my Alaska TR, hopefully this next one can live up to the other...

We are going to pick up some last minute things for our pirate costumes this afternoon, hopefully if all goes well, I will give you guys another little update tonight! Things are coming up so fast now!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

5 Days To Go Matey...Arrrr Pirate Outfits!!

Hi everybody!! I finally finished Jeremy's Pirate Outfit, well almost...LOL The only thing left I have to do is to sew on the buttons, and then it really will be finished! So I want to recap for you what all I did, well what we had, and what we had to buy/make etc!

With the pattern in the previous posts, I made the Shirt and Vest from scratch! The pants are an old pair of gray dress pants, the sashes are two old pillowcases cut down the sides and wrapped around him...LOL The boots he already had lying around for a halloween costume that never cam to fruition. I know random, but he did happen to already have them! He is very excited to wear it on pirate night, and I think we may play around a little and make something else with it too, but you will have to wait and see if that comes to be!

So, since I took all of that time to make him a costume, I never got around to making one for myself. I started looking online to see what was out there, and then when we were going through yard sale stuff Friday, I had a Eureka moment! I found an old Guess snap front corset top that I had and wore when I was in my early twenties. I know it wasn't that long ago, but it is way out of style for me now! So I though..hmmm...I wonder what else I have lying around that could make me a pirate costume and this is what I ended up throwing together, I did make a store run to get some things to complement it, but overall I am very happy with what I happened to throw together TODAY! Here it is!!

So first off, you have a white button down shirt that I happened to have in a storage tote under my bed! Second the black corset top that was in my yard sale stuff. Black calf-high boots that were in my closet. Now then, that is what I had already, now what I got today. We made a run to Party City to see what they had, we happened to find the necklace on sale for $1.93, the pirate hat headband was also on clearance, I bought a pair of fishnet tights, and some fingerless lace gloves, and that was that for the accessories. Then we made our way over to Goodwill and picked up that skirt which was all of $3.99! Our last stop was Walmart for the burgundy "sash" which is a see through curtain panel with the top portion cut off! I am very happy with what I managed to throw together on very limited time!

We think Pirate Night is gonna be fun! If we have table mates this time around, they may think we are crazy, or who knows what, but who cares! It is our cruise, and we are going to have fun and dress up for pirate night!! It doesn't matter if we don't have kids! So if I see you making fun of us for wearing pirate stuff, I am going to make fun of you for NOT wearing it...ROFL We are very excited, and that is all that matters to us, is that WE have a good time on our vacation!! Have A Magical Night Guys!!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Down To The Wire! 2 Days To Go!

Alright everyone! Jeremy and I have 2 more days to go until we leave for our vacation! Can you believe that I still have not finished the FE Gifts!!! I have 1 more (Adult Female) gift to finish, then 4 teen gifts to put the finishing touches on, then all but one of the Adult Male gifts to complete! I need to get going on this, before I have to finish them, and figure out how to pack them by tomorrow night! I am such a procrastinator! Yesterday Jeremy took care of all of the yard work that needed to be done before we leave, if he hadn't I swear we would have come back to a jungle for a backyard! We wouldn't have been able to find our two big dogs!

I think this is going to be my last update before I start my TR, unless I can think of something to put up tomorrow or Friday morning before we leave. We are pretty much all set, except for the packing and FE part, Actually now that I think about it, I have a WHOLE LOT of stuff to do, I really need to get started on this stuff! I better get started on everything! If you are going on the cruise with us, I can't wait to meet you at the Meet-Up! If you aren't, then I shall return soon with an action packed Trip Report for you to read! Of course it will have Navigators, Menus, Pictures, and as much as I can remember to write down for ya! So I guess I should say, See Ya Real Soon!!!

Brer Fox and Brer Bear are Causing A Commotion Upstream! This TR will start again momentarily, and by that I mean, when we get back from our Trip...hehe!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Have a great trip!!!!

Jill in CO
Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
Timon

DIS Junkie

Have fun! Say Hi to Mickey for us
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #27
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

TRIP REPORT LINK:

Two Castaways: WDW + DCL = Dream Vacation!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 08-27-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: