Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Yay! Love your TR, I'm hooked! As a side note, we're from PA too, in Bucks County so we're practically neighbors! Anyway, I can't wait to read about the move. We've never done the split stay before, I haven't been that brave yet so I figure with your big group, I can learn something since it's just the two of us!
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR so far, looks like you guys really know how to have some fun! I loooooove Disney proposals, do you know where/how he did it?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #18
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1007 View Post
Yay! Love your TR, I'm hooked! As a side note, we're from PA too, in Bucks County so we're practically neighbors! Anyway, I can't wait to read about the move. We've never done the split stay before, I haven't been that brave yet so I figure with your big group, I can learn something since it's just the two of us!
Hi Neighbor... I'm in Chester County!

Don't be scared of a split stay..it's sooooo easy to do!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Loving the TR so far, looks like you guys really know how to have some fun! I loooooove Disney proposals, do you know where/how he did it?
Thanks! Oh I wished he had proposed to her on Disney property. Instead he did it somewhere in the Orlando area. My parents, him and her, and a bunch of their closest friends went to dinner at a German restaurant and afterward they went to a park/monument or something and he proposed there!

My daughter Ashley and I love to watch disney proposal videos on youtube! Did you ever see the one with the flashmob in downtown disney at disneyland? amazing!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
supersuperwendy

Day 3.....

We of course woke up groggy due to the late night at MK. It's no surprise that Phil wanted to GO GO GO! I had us already packed up, but my parents still needed to pack their stuff and we had to pack up the food. My dad once again made breakfast for everyone which was so nice. Hollywood Studios had morning EMH and Phil wanted to get there by rope drop. We are park commandos usually and he was in commando mode, but I wasn't. I know it was driving him nuts! My parents had yet to step foot into a disney park thus far and they really wanted to go to Epcot. Since we were running so late we decided to join them. Once we were totally packed we called Bell Services who arrived quickly. He was very un-disney like. This was the first grumpy CM we encountered. We told him to send the bags over to the wilderness lodge and we departed for Epcot in my parents van. Since we were basically right next to The Wilderness Lodge we decided to pull in and see if we could check in. This was the first time my parents had ever seen the hotel and they were in awe!!! We had eaten dinner there a few times, but this was our first time staying there and we were soooooooo excited. At the guard shack they couldn't locate my name. The DVC glitch strikes again.... it was under my dad's name. So we pulled up to the front and I thought he'd better come with me to check in. We talked to the nicest CM named Connie. She was such a sweetheart!!! She found the reservation(dads name) and told us the room was ready! I mentioned I needed a parking pass for my brother since they were coming later and how they got engaged the night before. She got out two enganged buttons and added their names!!!

not my photo!

We jumped back in the van and continued on to Epcot. We didn't reach Epcot till around 11 am. The fastpass return times for Soarin' were too late in the day for us to use so we skipped that.

Leah had her toy in the way and I didn't realize it!

Since Figment rarely has a line we made our way over there. Leah really loved this!!! We let her play a for a while after the ride.

Here's a video of leah playing at the imageworks..
Leah playing at the imageworks <-----click here

Once we got outside Phil had to do one of his favorite things...get splashed by the jumping fountains!
getting splashed at the imagination fountains! <------click here

We bought a popcorn bucket with a nice world showcase theme on it and made our way towards the world showcase. We rode the boat in Mexico with them and drooled at how good it smelled in there...tummys growling! Next we stopped in Norway and rode the Maelstrom. The kids had fun in the gift shop afterward!

I stopped at the cart in China for a oolong tea and peachs schnapps slushie!!! Omg heaven in a cup!!!

My mom told me that earlier in the morning when my dad was loading a few things we didn't need at VWL into the van he somehow hurt himself. He twisted his ankle when stepping off the curb at BLT. So he was walking very slowly which was understandable. My parents wanted to stop in Germany for a bratwurst so they went on without us and took Lauren with them. While in Germany they bought her the super cute German ear hat!!! The rest of us stopped at the liberty inn for some milk for Leah. Phil and Ashley sat down for a checkers rematch which lasted a LONG time!!! Our goal was to get to France to see Impressions De France which I love and the kids had never watched. Sadly, the movie was down that day. The kids spent some time coloring new duffys and my mom decided they should head out. We were having dinner that night at 'Ohana and Bill and Angela were joining us at the hotel. My mom thought it would be a good idea to get back and have bell services bring the bags. We said goodbye to them and walked slowly toward the exit. We stopped at Nemo and Spaceship Earth again and went to the bus stop. We had excellent bus service on this trip. We had barely a wait for the bus! We stepped off the bus at WL and found our way to the villas entrance. Wow! The whole resort is gorgeous! There are so many nice little details from the lighting to the artwork. For some reason we hardly took any pictures of the resort. We were so busy I guess nobody took the time to do it.

Except this one..

And this one...

Update 9/17/12 I just found a few more pics that my daughter took!!!

The view from our balcony at VWL...

She took these while we were getting Leah's haircut!

Once we got in the room it became a mad dash to get ready! We had a 6:45 ADR at 'Ohana!!! Bell Services had dropped everything off and I started to semi unpack. Then I looked at the time and started to rush. Bill was running really late due to traffic and I had ironing to do! I couldn't locate a bag of diapers (still potty training) and wipes that I had and started to worry. I used what was in the stroller and got Leah into her little hawaiian dress! Within minutes Bill arrived and I handed them their "just engaged" buttons and they were thrilled!!! Then we started to talk about how we wanted to go to the Poly. I really wanted to take the boat because it was so pretty outside. So we split up... Bill and Angela drove over with my parents...the rest of us including Maddie took the boat to MK. We started to get in line for the Poly resort lauch and got nervous that we'd be late since so many others were waiting. We bolted over the monorail instead. I was looking at the time and started biting my nails! This new credit card gaurantee had me a wreck! I was afraid if I got there at 6:46 I'd be charged!!! Luckily I walked up to the podium exactly ontime and got checked in with a very nice CM - Victorious! cool name! He said his dad picked it out! I requested to be seated in the main dining room and he said no problem. After about 10 min our pager lit up and it was time to EAT!!!

We were seated in a very nice location in the main dining room. Our server came over and I ordered my favorite disney drink..the pina colava!

The food started to arrive just as the games for kids started up. Ashley took Leah over to play and I got to eat. I love the food here! If you've never been..make an ADR and bring your appetite! The server offered chicken and french fries for Leah which was perfect..her faves! Since we were such a big group they brought huge bowls of everything. Three giant bowls of salad came first. Then the noodles and chicken wings, followed by the potstickers. We were trying to pace ourselves to save room for the meat! Next they started to come around with the large skeweres and our plates filled up with pork, chicken, steak and shrimp! DELICIOUS! It was a great time! I was so happy to have our whole family there!

Maddie got a little video of leah and ashley dancing at 'Ohana!
Dancing at 'Ohana! <------ click here

Then dessert came...tons of it! It's Banana's Foster Bread Pudding with Ice Cream! This stuff is to die for!!! Plus..they brought out cupcakes to me and ashley for our birthdays!!!

We finished up and left the polynesian. They drove back over to the hotel and we took the boats again! We docked at the resort and walked towards the villas. They had a movie playing on the beach..toy story 3. Oh man, tough to get by there with Leah!!! The pool looked soooo inviting! We went upstairs and hung out a little while longer with bill, angela and maddie and they left. I started to get Leah ready for bed and realized the diapers were nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. I called bell services back and they started searching too..and called BLT for me. Phil took my parents van and headed to the grocery store to buy some. My older three went down to the hidden springs pool. About 10 minutes after Phil left I moved the stroller away from the living room curtains and I saw something behind them. I pulled back the curtains and there was the bag of diapers! Whew!! I called Phil and he came back and I let bell services know to call off the search. My parents headed to bed and Phil and I went down to the pool also. Our kids met some other kids their age and we got in the hot tub where we met the parents. They were also from Pennsylvania not too far from us and we had tons to talk about. After about an hour and half we called it a night and went to bed!

I found this video of the dvc pool...not mine!
Hidden Springs Pool at VWL <-----click here

(first impressions of VWL...amazing! the villa was so cozy and comfy! my dad said it was the most comfy couch out of all three resorts!)

Day 3 was a wonderful day!

up next...blizzard beach and daddy's departure

DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 09-17-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #21
homeatssr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Hi Neighbor... I'm in Chester County!

Don't be scared of a split stay..it's sooooo easy to do!!!
We're from Delaware County! My sis lives in Chester County!

Loving the TR so far
Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #22
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Love your TR! Can't wait for the next installment. We were there the same time as your family. We arrived June 14 and checked out the 24th however, we lived at SSR for the whole trip! Kudos for the mega-split stay. Our group consisted of me, DH, DMIL, DSIL and DBIL and their DD and DS. Many firsts this trip. I totally feel for your DH. While I was there the whole 11 days, the last 5 days I had to leave everyday for a conference. Waiting on my photopass cd and then will be starting my TR.

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Looking forward to more!
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Thanks for your report! A Lehigh Valley native here!! Nice seeing the photo's of the VWL since we will be staying there in September. Tell your Dad that the green leather chairs are the most comfortable! When staying there, Dh and I enjoy spending time sitting in the lobby in "our" green chairs people watching! Can't wait to see the next installment!!

Cyndi
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeatssr View Post
We're from Delaware County! My sis lives in Chester County!

Loving the TR so far
Hi neighbor!!! Thanks for reading along!! Where in Delaware County are you? Where in Chester County is your sister? I'm in Malvern!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
Love your TR! Can't wait for the next installment. We were there the same time as your family. We arrived June 14 and checked out the 24th however, we lived at SSR for the whole trip! Kudos for the mega-split stay. Our group consisted of me, DH, DMIL, DSIL and DBIL and their DD and DS. Many firsts this trip. I totally feel for your DH. While I was there the whole 11 days, the last 5 days I had to leave everyday for a conference. Waiting on my photopass cd and then will be starting my TR.
The weather was amazing wasn't it? We left the 22nd so got out of there right before the rain! I could have stayed at SSR the whole time..I abosolutely love it there..but we wanted to let my parents experience a variety of resorts! I'm looking forward to your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Really enjoying your report. You have a beautiful family.

Looking forward to more!
Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndibear View Post
Thanks for your report! A Lehigh Valley native here!! Nice seeing the photo's of the VWL since we will be staying there in September. Tell your Dad that the green leather chairs are the most comfortable! When staying there, Dh and I enjoy spending time sitting in the lobby in "our" green chairs people watching! Can't wait to see the next installment!!

Cyndi
I will tell him! My mom told me tonight that VWL was by far his favorite resort. She said he liked SSR too..but hated the couch there!! I would love to stay at VWL again in the future, but the points are so high for a two bedroom for the dates we want!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading a recent TR of yours and am enjoying this one, too. I love that your entire family loves being there and being together.

One thing I don't understand -- your children look older [and are growing up to be so beautiful and handsome] but you keep looking younger? How does THAT work?!?!!?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #27
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
I enjoyed reading a recent TR of yours and am enjoying this one, too. I love that your entire family loves being there and being together.

One thing I don't understand -- your children look older [and are growing up to be so beautiful and handsome] but you keep looking younger? How does THAT work?!?!!?

Thanks for reading both!!! I guess good genetics are to blame! If you watch my tour of BLT at the end my mom walks in... I don't think she looks mid 60s!!! Plus...in 2010 I was still carrying baby weight from having Leah in Nov. 2009!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Th rain from Debby started to fall as we were leaving MK on Saturday night. It was quite soggy getting 7 people and a sea of luggage of carry on bags up to bell services. It was quite a mess! Take off and the first 35 minutes of the flight were interesting, but after that is was smooth sailing. I have to agree that the weather was perfect. I was pleasantly surprised at how humane the heat and humidity were!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
supersuperwendy

Day 4 part 1...Leah's first haircut, BB and goodbyes

Day 4...Leah's first haircut! June 17, 2012

Day 4 started with a very nice morning! My dad made breakfast yet again!!! My older three got to sleep in a bit which they enjoyed. Leah had an appointment to get her first haircut!!! A wonderful DISigner made this for her...

I knew from the moment she was born I wanted her first haircut at the magic kingdom! We had a few trips planned prior to this one that we cancelled so this was supposed to take place in 2011! The three of us left a bit early so I could get him checked in for his flight later that day. His airline didn't particpate with the resort airline check in desk so I stopped at the concierge desk to see if they could help me. The wonderful CM was able to check him in, select his seat and print his boarding pass! While I did that Phil walked to the boat dock with Leah.

He snapped some pics along the way!

She LOVES waterfalls (see my bushkill falls videos on youtube!)

Boat dock at Wilderness Lodge!<------click here!

We enjoyed the nice boat ride to MK..we love the music they play on the boats! There was a pretty big crowd waiting to see the good morning welcome. We zig zagged through the crowd and got to the gate. The CM admitted us to the park because her appointment was right at 9am and the barber shop asked us to arrive 15min early. It was so cool to be in there before opening. The barber shop was still closed so we waited on the corner and watched the nearby CMs prep for opening. Leah played doggy while she waited....lol

Then the doors opened and the horse carriage started to come out!

I heard the music start to play for the good morning show so I got out my video camera! It was so cool to see it from the inside with the crowds rushing in!

MK good morning from the inside...please ignore my singing!

Magic Kingdom Good Morning from the inside!!<---click here!!!

Leah was assigned the sweetest hairdresser named Marylou!!!

Leah's First Haircut at The Magic Kingdom!!!

Leah's First Haircut part 1 <------CLICK HERE!!!

Leah's First Haircut part 2 <-----CLICK HERE!!!

Leah's First Haircut part 3...she didn't want the ears!!! <-----CLICK HERE!!!

She started off pretty good and didn't get upset until the very end! They wrote her out a nice cerificate celebrating her first haircut, they gave her a super cute ear hat that said "My 1st haircut" on the back and a little bag containing the first snip of her hair!!! It was such a sweet and special moment for us that was a long time coming! I was so thrilled that Phil was there to share it with me and it was Father's Day too!!!

After her haircut we decided to take her on Goofy's Barnstormer before leaving the park. On the way we stopped for a few pictures!

We got to Storybook Circus and couldn't believe our eyes! The Casey Jr. water play area was open! The CM said she was surprised too and wasn't expecting a soft opening! It wasn't supposed to be open at all during our trip! There was no line for the Great Goofini/Barnstormer and we got right on! She was so tiny in the seat and couldn't really see over the front. She seemed to enjoy it though and asked to ride again! She loves trains so much so we took her over to the Magic Kingdom Railroad to ride back to main street. The train station is so nice looking..I can't wait for the rest of new fantasyland to open!

Here's a video of the train arriving in storybook circus!
Magic Kingdom Railroad arriving! <----click here

We took the train to main street and left the park! It was so soon after park opening that there was nowhere to exit!!! They said..leaving already?! We said yes...water park time!!! We got on the resort launch and had the funniest young captain. He called Leah a princess and she replied with her pirate growl - arrgh! So on the journey she kept pretending to be a pirate so he handed her a pirate bandana, a sword and an eye patch! Now this girl wouldn't wear an ear hat all week, but she LOVED this pirate stuff!!!

We got back to WL and the kids were already in their bathing suits! We were headed to a water park...but which one? We decided to board the first bus that pulled up!! My parents stayed at WL and spent the day with Bill and Angela at the pool. They fell in love with the wilderness lodge! She said that afternoon was a highlight of their trip!

We got out to the bus stop and waited....BLIZZARD BEACH! YAYYY!!

I had never been to Blizzard Beach so I was very excited!!! Phil and Lauren went in 2007 while I took the little ones to MK. Everyone was pretty hungry by this time so I suggested we eat lunch first. They were like NOWAY! So after getting a locker we split up. Phil and the older three went off to slide and I took Leah to get lunch. We found a nice table at LottaWatta Lodge and had some goodies! After lunch I took her to Tike's Peak which she really loved. After about a half hour Phil showed up at tike's peak! He said the other kids were off sliding so we should do something together. We went over the the lazy river..Cross Country Creek. They had nice little tubes with flat bottoms for kids so Leah sat criss cross (indian style) and I got on a big tube. Phil stayed in the water and held onto both of us! After a bit he got on a tube too and three of us floated down the river!!! I really wanted to take her to Melt Away Bay since she liked the wave pool so much at hersheypark. It was surprisingly hard to walk through there while holding her! The little bobbing waves kept knocking me down a bit!!!

She LOVED it at the wave pool.

Earlier in the day the other kids stopped at the wave pool too!

After the wave pool we took her over to Teamboat Springs. The line was pretty long, but seemed to move quickly. We were seated with a dad and his two boys and we were off! OH MY GOODNESS...that thing moved FAST!!! I held onto Leah for dear life! But she was laughing...she loved it!!

We walked right by this photo op..but the kids noticed it!!

After a while back at Tike's Peak the other kids showed up and informed us that they were STARVING!!! So back to Lottawotta Lodge we went!

We decided to all go and ride teamboat springs together since a raft fits 6..perfect!!! It was so fun to ride it as a family!!! The day at blizzard beach was pure perfection!! The weather was so beautiful and everyone had a great time. It was such a nice way to spend our last day with Phil. We stopped for one more photo on our way out...

If we had planned ahead and brought clothes with us we could have hopped to a park!! But nope...we headed back to the hotel. Phil still wanted to ride the new Star Tours so we did a quick change and ran back out to the bus stop! It was probably around 3 pm and his DME was coming at 6. We needed to hurry!! Luckily..a DHS bus came right away!!! We got to the park and I told them to run ahead. Leah wasn't big enough to ride and I needed to visit bag check. So she and I took our time making our way to star tours. We walked through animation courtyard and past toy story mania. We made our past the muppets and up to star tours. We got a few pics along the way!

Though he tried so hard the photographer couldn't make her giggle!

I had to tickle her to get her to smile in the next one!!

I thought we had lots of time because moblie magic listed standby as 40 min. Well we got to Star Tours and they were waiting for me and go ..oh there you are! They said there was NO line at all and got right on! The big kids took leah into Tatooine Traders and Phil and I got in standby to ride together!! The line moved so fast and we were on a jif..! We got a totally different scene than he saw the first time so that was cool! Leah had found a spining light up R2D2 toy that we just had to buy her upon exiting! One look at the time and we knew we needed to bolt. We got the bus stop and luckily didn't wait long!

The sadness was starting to hit everyone. We got back to the resort and met up with my parents, bill and angela. Here is where we cheated the system..no flames please My mom mentioned how fun it would be to take them to the magic kingdom. My brother thought it sounded fun because he hadn't been there in years and not with us since 1986! I said..omg! Use phils ticket! The YES passes have no finger scan and it was still good for that night, plus it had two water park entries left on it. My mom offered to buy angela a ticket and off to the lobby we went to wait for DME and to get angela's ticket. This is when it really hit Lauren that Phil was leaving and her tears started flowing. She cried so hard..I felt terrible. Next thing we knew his bus was there and it was time to say goodbye. The kids crowded around him hugging and crying. I knew we'd see him in a few days but to the kids it was heartbreak. I gave him a huge hug and kiss and he was off.

Lauren was still crying for the next 10 minutes. She went into the ladies room to try to calm down and I followed her in. After a nice long hug and a promise of a new pin to cheer her up she came out!

Day 4 part 2 to continue..late night at MK!!!

DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 09-16-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #30
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
Th rain from Debby started to fall as we were leaving MK on Saturday night. It was quite soggy getting 7 people and a sea of luggage of carry on bags up to bell services. It was quite a mess! Take off and the first 35 minutes of the flight were interesting, but after that is was smooth sailing. I have to agree that the weather was perfect. I was pleasantly surprised at how humane the heat and humidity were!
That was the biggest surprise..the humidity was so low and it was hotter here in Philly during those days!!! I was also surprised at how low the crowds were!
DVC Members since 2008

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: