Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
gailhoffmaster
Earning My Ears

Unhappy tropical storm july 11-14 2013 sailing on disney dream

hello fellow cruisers. just got home from work & have had cruise on brain all Night!!!! our flight out of phila is at 6:50 am wed. staying @ wilderness wed & cruise on dream thurs to sun. What is the news for the trip cause of the Storm!! UGH! dont know what to pack or do yet!
gailhoffmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

First, relax. No ship will go into the storm. If anything, your stops may be different or in a different order or you may miss a stop. So what? You will be sailing on a beautiful ship and there will be so much to do.

It will be warm, both in FLA and on the ship. Warm weather clothing, rain jacket (I like the dollar store ones), and a light pair of pants and light jacket or sweater, as the AC areas of the ship may be cool, particularly at night.

Have a great trip! We did the Fantasy last year, and will be Dreaming later this year. You will be fine.

Oh, and I like leaving PHL early. Gets you into Orlando before lunch.
Lynne G is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
gailhoffmaster
Earning My Ears

Thank u solo much!! Needed a take a breath reminder!!! Going to take it as it is!!! Guess I have some errands to do! Of to find some rain jackets for me hubby & kid! Don't think we will make it to Bahamas or cc! Kids r bum'd about cc! Weather happens!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

We're on the same cruise. We are near Orlando, and it's nice and sunny now. My family was SO looking forward to cc. Wonder what we'll end up doing. We are doing typhoon lagoon tomorrow then heading over to cocoa beach.

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?

Ugh, I hope the wind blows the other way. We're heading out on the fantasy on Saturday, but going down 2 days early to get a couple of beach days in.
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
gailhoffmaster
Earning My Ears

Glad tor u r having a nice day there!! My kids r really bummed they we probably won't do cc!! I have a feeling we will just go out to sea for the cruise!!! Would love to go to at least 1 island. We will see! Have a great day at Disney
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
jimmiej
Quite unintentionally, I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Has it already been decided we're not going to cc? I agree with an earlier poster. We all need to relax and let come what may.
jimmiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

If they skip a port do you get your money back for any excursions that were booked? I'm assuming yes, but you know what they say about assuming...
Also, I've read that sometimes they go to alternative ports; if they do this, do they offer excursions to book onboard or do you have to do the alternative ports on your own?
Just curious...we don't sail for a few more weeks, but I like to prepare myself for anything ahead of time!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner View Post
If they skip a port do you get your money back for any excursions that were booked? I'm assuming yes, but you know what they say about assuming...
Also, I've read that sometimes they go to alternative ports; if they do this, do they offer excursions to book onboard or do you have to do the alternative ports on your own?
Just curious...we don't sail for a few more weeks, but I like to prepare myself for anything ahead of time!
Excursions are not charged to your account in advance. If they go to alternative ports, they will help you at the Port Adventures desk on board. Also, if a port day is turned into a sea day, you get the port fees/taxes for that port refunded.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Excursions are not charged to your account in advance. If they go to alternative ports, they will help you at the Port Adventures desk on board. Also, if a port day is turned into a sea day, you get the port fees/taxes for that port refunded.

Good info, thanks!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
gailhoffmaster
Earning My Ears

No nothing has been changed. Just watching the storm & it is going to be in Bahamas Fri & Sat. I'm hoping this sucker magically gains speed so when it is time for us we r in the clear! WISHFUL Thinking hey this is where dreams come true
Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

A good reason to boom through DCL for those! I you book outside of DCL, not only would you probably pay up front, I doubt they have a "if the ship doesn't dock" refund policy.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailhoffmaster View Post
No nothing has been changed. Just watching the storm & it is going to be in Bahamas Fri & Sat. I'm hoping this sucker magically gains speed so when it is time for us we r in the clear! WISHFUL Thinking hey this is where dreams come true
She may not even be a full storm then. It depends on what happens when she hits the DR and Haiti.

We plan to have the time of our lives regardless of what happens.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post

A good reason to boom through DCL for those! I you book outside of DCL, not only would you probably pay up front, I doubt they have a "if the ship doesn't dock" refund policy.
Actually, we no longer book our excursions thru DCL. After five cruises with DCL, we felt comfortable going on our own (although we typically go with a DIS group from our meet thread). Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten was paid upon arrival, so any issues with the ship not docking and we were ok. We booked a tour if St Thomas in March with Island Tours, who offered a full refund if we did not dock.

Although we no longer book DCL excursions, we definitely check the payment/refund policy should something arise.

This is just our personal preference, however.

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: