Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
jeskat
Mouseketeer

The Planned but not planned first trip - PTR

Read a few PTR and thought i would give it a go, I promised my DH i would not plan this holiday and we would take it in our stride, but i am a planner i couldnt help myself!!!

THE CAST
Me- Clare 29 (30 when we are there) Love all things Disney
DH- Darren 32 Hates all things Disney (i'm still working on him)
DD1- Jessica 5 Little Princess Loves anything Girly
DD2- Kate 4 Loves anything Disney

WHEN AND WHERE
Disneyland Hotel September 28th - October 2nd

I Promised DH this was one time only so we decided to go for the best girls will go crazy when they see the Pink Castle, or Cinderellas castle as jessica calls it.

girls dont know yet will be telling them at the end of the school holidays but not decided how yet, they having been asking to go to DLP for the last year so want to make it very special.

Got a rough plan for each day including arriving leaving times and dinners, for lunch i think it will depend where we are at the time but i would like to go to toad hall one day. Any ideas for meals etc, changes anyone feels need to be made please tell me.

FRIDAY 28TH

We are Flying with Airfrance leaving at 6.00am on the friday so I plan to be up and off by 3am. Booked Ezyshuttle for transfers so all going well hoping to be at the parks by 10.30 - 11.00am. Drop bags off grab lunch somewhere and spend the day finding our way around squeeze in a few rides.
Back to the hotel for check in for 3, unpack and downstairs so we hopefully see some characters, I read they do a dance at this time? then head back through disneyland park
For Dinner thinking of going to Silver Spur but will have to wait for parade times etc before deciding what time to book dinner.
Probably have an early night as it will be a long day.

Last edited by jeskat; 07-30-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: updated
jeskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
jeskat
Mouseketeer

SATURDAY 29TH

Hoping for EMH so into parks for 8, then breakfast after. will have a long day friday and wont be having much of a lunch as dining at inventions. Spend the day in the disneyland park, some must do's are dumbo, casey jnr, IASW, snow white, sleeping beauty castle.
See any parades that are on, maybe grab a small snack keep us going
Dinner at Inventions, on some good advice will book for 6pm, hoping to find the girls some nice disney outfits to wear.
Drink in the bar, hoping to see dreams on this night also.

Any suggestions for good rides or ones not to miss?

Last edited by jeskat; 07-30-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: change of plan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Sounds like a lovely trip you've got planned.

The DLH is lovely, your girls will feel like real princess' there

When we stayed at DLH we did EMH first, and then back to the hotel for breakfast at about 9:30ish. We felt that by that time we'd done everything in EMH and it was nice to take our time over breakfast.

You've chosen a good time, hopefully be a bit quieter than normal (except the weekend days) so you should get loads done and will hopefully be some nice weather too

Happy planning
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Oh now i never thought of doing EMH first, could be a good idea for the saturday after such a long day on the friday, relax a bit and take our time over breakfast, do you need to book a breakkfast slot or do you just turn up?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Ms Poppins

No, I believe that the DLH is the last remaining hotel where you just turn up as you please Breakfast lasts up until 11am, so you'll have plenty of time
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
jeskat
Mouseketeer

SUNDAY 30TH

Hoping to get up breakfast at 7 then emh at 8, Going to spend this day in the studios, and possibly do the baloon ride in the afternoon. to be honest i havn't read to much on the studios so not all sure of suitable rides, must dos so any tips for this day would be great, also any good restaursants here for lunch?
We have BBWWS booked for the 6.30 sitting so hoping to arrive at 5.30. Really looking forward to this and think girls will love it.

Ok after some research fliying carpets are on the to do list and RC Racer if kids can get on, would i be right in thinking the rides in this park are aimed more at older children/adults?

Last edited by jeskat; 07-28-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Ms Poppins

I doubt your dd's will be big enough for RC Racer.

Flying Carpets, Cars, Slinky Dog, Parachutes are all must dos for your dd's age.

There are lots of shows to enjoy at the studios too - Animagique, Cinemagique, Playhouse Disney, Stitch Live, Stunt Show and Art of Animation, where you can learn to draw at the end.

We normally eat at Blockbuster Cafe in the Studios, counter service, but nice for a quick sit down. I think Restaurant de Stars is a buffet, so should be a varied choice in there.

I wouldn't worry about being at BBWWS for 17:30 - it's a pre-show where you can see a band playing etc - when we went we didn't turn up until about 20 minutes before the show started and it was fine. Loads of people came after us.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
jeskat
Mouseketeer

I am very interested in seeing the shows, i understand they do shows in french and english? is it possible to see most of them in one day in english? I have only planned one day at the studios but now wondering if i should add in an afternoon or something as well?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Told the girls today, they went crazy going to spend tomorrow making a countdown calander for their room.
Checked out times today for septmeber, end of month not out yet but going on the dates there gives me a good idea of times.
DD1 Loves shows so the sunday should be a good day for her!!

MONDAY 1ST OCTOBER

My Birthday!!!! Breakfast at 7 then EMH then back to hotel hoping to get the girls booked in for makeover then lunch at Auberge, after lunch spend the afternoon in disneyland park, see parade, not sure what next for this day yet, so any ideas welcome.

TUESDAY 2ND OCTOBER
EMH then back to hotel for breakfast, pack bags and checkout will leave bags at hotel, will spend the day doing things we havnt done or anything girls really want to do again, hoping to have a nice big meal for lunch as ezyshuttle are picking us up at hotel at 4.30pm for flight at 7.30pm, not actually thought of this day till now!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
jeskat
Mouseketeer

so my meal plan as it stands at the moment.

Fri lunch - Dinner Silver Spur @6pm
Sat Lunch - Light snack 12pm Dinner - Inventions @ 6pm
Sun Lunch - Studios 12pm Dinner - Buffolo Bills
Mon Lunch - Auberge @12 Dinner - Rainforest
Tues Lunch - Cafe Mickey @12

Think thats the meal plan sorted unless ii change my mind again!!!!

Last edited by jeskat; 08-02-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: updated
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I'm not a massive planner but yours look fine.

On the last day, how about Cafe Mickey for lunch? We always do this on our last day (my DDs are 7 & 4), the food isn't the best but the characters are normally good fun! It's worth doing it once at least. It doesn't have to be expensive as you can just order pizzas between you all like we did in June. It opens at 12 noon, think the characters are there until about 3 pm ish, so you could go for about 12.30.... You would need to book beforehand though as it does get busy, more so for dinner than lunch but best to be sure!

Good luck with the rest of your planning .
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
jeskat
Mouseketeer

When i phoned DLP a while ago i enquired about the princess makeover, as i had read in many posts this closes oct till march and was told that this was open every day, a questioned it and they said yes every day. I have still been worrying about it as the day i have planned for Auberge is the 1st october, so yesterday i emailed the boutique and today i got a lovely email back, confirming they are open daily, and spoke of my DDs specific choices as well as giving me a full list, I was very impressed and very happy now that i know we will get, so when we arrive i am going straight to the boutique to make the booking!!!

Been sitting looking at all the rides and i have marked a grand total of 6 that we can't do, 3 of them DD1 , tall for her age, but we have decided that if they cant both get on then none of us go on, i think missing out on 6 rides is nothing when we have everything else to do so was very pleased with that.

DLPDreams i thought of doing cafe mickey but still in 2 minds as i have read some very mixed reviews recently and worried about leaving DLP on a low, so will be keeping an eye on reports over the next few weeks.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #13
jeskat
Mouseketeer

So Excited really starting to get organised now!!
Booking airport parking today, as can get it half price so going for the priority parking as it gives us free acces to the priority security, anything for an easy life!!!
Been looking at the disneystore website, as off shopping on saturday, mainly for school stuff but cant go and not think of holiday!! not going to get the girls dress up dresses as we are going for the princess makeover with the dress but seem some lovely everyday dresses, and some t-shirts so thinking of getting them. Also need to but some colouring books and things for the airport/plane.
Been thinking about the tuesday lunch and i suddenly realised this is our last day to see any charcters before going home so i think i am going to go ahead with cafe mickey.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Airport parking booked!!! Park ours for our trip are quite good 20.30 fri 22.00 sat 21.00 sun and the studios till18.00 am guessing the monday will be at 20.30, so this gives me a better idea for our evening meal, parade times.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Shopping trip done, still a few things to get for hols, currently on the lookout for autograph books as i want to get them before we go. Seen some with personalised bags but not sure if girls would keep the bags on all day, OR just to get the autograph book, OR to buy some plain notebooks and get kids to decorate them and pages, but how awkward is it trying to find the right page when you meet a character?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: