Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #31
yaddo121
Mouseketeer

Smile

Our original ceremony was at a courthouse - just the two of us, very spur of the moment and we always said that one day we would have a 'real' wedding where our family could attend. For awhile we just kept saying, "Maybe next year" and finally decided the perfect time - after my husband returned safely home from his first deployment. I have always loved Disney and since that is where my DH asked me to marry him we wanted to celebrate our VR at Disney as well. My family flew in to surprise me and my grandfather walked me down the aisle...I was on cloud 9! Still going strong 6 years later...maybe I could talk him into another one
1986 -- First trip, off-site -- 1992-1998 @ CBR -- May 2000 (engagement trip) @ Dixie Landings -- June 2001 (1 day at MK) off site -- December 2001 @ The Disney Institute -- February 2003 @ Port Orleans Riverside -- March 2004 @ Port Orleans Riverside -- February 2005 @ Port Orleans French Quarter -- June 2006 @ AKL (1st trip with DS) -- November 2006 @ POFQr w/ VR at Sea Breeze Point -- March 2007 @ POFQ (with KTTK!) :cheer2 --August 2007 @ POFQ --June/July 2008 @ POFQ (10-day trip!!) -- Christmas/New Year's 2008/09 @ POR -- October 2009 @ POFQ (First MNSSHP) February 2010 @ POR -- October 2010 @ POR (F&W, MNSSHP)
yaddo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Love your post Chepic ~ there are definitely people out there like us who are still very much in love. We've only been married for 12 years but we've been together for 20 and in this day and age, I think that speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
~Tinkerella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #33
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tinkerella View Post
Love your post Chepic ~ there are definitely people out there like us who are still very much in love. We've only been married for 12 years but we've been together for 20 and in this day and age, I think that speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you.....and as you can see in my pictures for my signature line, I had a great time!!

He makes me laugh!

che
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #34
Disneylvr4
Mouseketeer

Ours was for our 5 year anniversary, so we wanted to renew our vows...simple! No one said/asked anything, it was lovely and maybe since we kept it to just us, our children and our parents no one rasied any eyebrows!? Either way, I don't see a vow renewal at all an indication of a problem, I don't think many would see it that way either...maybe that's just me??

We bought a special anniversary sale package (this was a year+ ago) when we did ours, so I believe the total cost was around $3000 with taxes and a few extras. We didn't do a meal and nothing outside the ceremony, limo and pictures...which I thought wasn't terrible given it's Disney!

Do what you feel is right for you guys! If you want to renew your vows and have the money to spend then I say do it!
Disneylvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #35
mommary
DIS Veteran

My DH and I renewed our vows for our 35th anniversary last Oct using the Memories package. It was something I wanted to do and of course being the great guy that he is went along with it.
We have been very blessed, raised a great family. The kids are grown and out on their own and now we were starting a new "phase" of our lives.
It was just the two of us. It was a wonderful day and I am so glad we did it.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #36
mommary
DIS Veteran

My DH and I renewed our vows for our 35th anniversary last Oct using the Memories package. It was something I wanted to do and of course being the great guy that he is went along with it.
We have been very blessed, raised a great family. The kids are grown and out on their own and now we were starting a new "phase" of our lives.
It was just the two of us. It was a wonderful day and I am so glad we did it.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

We are going to be renewing our vows because we never had a wedding. It was a spur of the moment thing, and only had 2 witnesses and my daughter there. We were supposed to renew our vows on our 1 yr anniversary, but there was a huge snow storm and everyone was snowed in. We were supposed to do it last year, for our 5 year anniversary, but Navy life got in the way and ended up PCSing around that time. Now we're talking about doing it for our 8 or 10 yr anniversary... I'm leaning for 8yr anniversary, because our 10 year falls in the same year as my DD's high school graduation & its the same year we're up to PCS again for the Navy and I know a vow renewal will get pushed back... I swear I WILL get to wear the fancy wedding dress that has been sitting in my closet for 5+ years that I've yet to ever put on !!!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #38
*Valdez*
Mouseketeer

DH and I have been married 8 years, we will be doing a VR for our 10th in 2 years. We are very happily married and love spending time together. We had the whole huge catholic wedding with tons of attendents and such. We wanted the WDW, but it was important to our family to get married in the traditional catholic wedding.

Over the past 8 years we have had many hurdles to jump, from jobs and school to family drama to infertility and miscarriages. There isn't a moment when we don't put the other first. No decision is made without consulting the other, we never go anywhere without the other, not because we feel obligated, but because we really love and enjoy each others company. No other person can understand my feelings and hurt heart but DH. I feel honored that he wants a VR and wants to pledge his love to me all over again. Our familes don't understand our infertility or our VR, but it isn't for them to understand. This is just for us and if they would like to be a part of our magic that is wonderful.

2002, 2003, 2006- DLR- Off site2004- WDW POFQ--Disneymoon 2005-WDW Off site2007- WDW Dolphin/ Pop 2008- WDW Dolphin 2008- SSR "First Trip Home"2009- WDW OKW Grand Gathering 2009 AKL/SSR 5 year Anniversary Trip 2010 Princess Royal Family 5K 2011 SSR/AKL 2012 WLV/DCL Dream- Celebrating 10 years of Disney together 2013 SSR Planning my Escape VR

*DVC Members since 2008 SSR*
*Valdez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #39
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Valdez*
DH and I have been married 8 years, we will be doing a VR for our 10th in 2 years. We are very happily married and love spending time together. We had the whole huge catholic wedding with tons of attendents and such. We wanted the WDW, but it was important to our family to get married in the traditional catholic wedding.

Over the past 8 years we have had many hurdles to jump, from jobs and school to family drama to infertility and miscarriages. There isn't a moment when we don't put the other first. No decision is made without consulting the other, we never go anywhere without the other, not because we feel obligated, but because we really love and enjoy each others company. No other person can understand my feelings and hurt heart but DH. I feel honored that he wants a VR and wants to pledge his love to me all over again. Our familes don't understand our infertility or our VR, but it isn't for them to understand. This is just for us and if they would like to be a part of our magic that is wonderful.
That is very touching and inspirational.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Smile

My husband and I have been married for 40 years. We will be renewing our vows on the Disney Dream in July 2013. Our grandchildren (ages 13 and 8) will be our best man and maid of honor. Our son, daughter and daughter-in-law will be our other guests. We were married by a Justice of the Peace, hubby wore his military uniform and I wore a dress. We had no reception or honeymoon. We were a military family and moved around a lot. After my husband retired, he once again went overseas for work. We spent a lot of time apart, and several years working together overseas. He returned from Afghanistan this March, and is now retired. We went on a Disney Cruise to Alaska in June and booked our family cruise to the Bahamas for next year. Our marriage has always been based on mutual respect for each other and love. A vow renewal ceremony is for us, our children, and our grandchildren. We will finally have the wedding I have always wanted, and share it with the people who mean the most to us.
VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post
My husband and I have been married for 40 years. We will be renewing our vows on the Disney Dream in July 2013. Our grandchildren (ages 13 and 8) will be our best man and maid of honor. Our son, daughter and daughter-in-law will be our other guests. We were married by a Justice of the Peace, hubby wore his military uniform and I wore a dress. We had no reception or honeymoon. We were a military family and moved around a lot. After my husband retired, he once again went overseas for work. We spent a lot of time apart, and several years working together overseas. He returned from Afghanistan this March, and is now retired. We went on a Disney Cruise to Alaska in June and booked our family cruise to the Bahamas for next year. Our marriage has always been based on mutual respect for each other and love. A vow renewal ceremony is for us, our children, and our grandchildren. We will finally have the wedding I have always wanted, and share it with the people who mean the most to us.

excellent story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time. We were on the Disney Magic and they really do make it so magical!!!

che
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #42
lilmomma8147
Earning My Ears

My husband and I are wanting to renew our vows bc we have been through ALOT. We have overcome more in our 6 years than most in 20. We have overcome a drug addiction, splitting up, financial issues, and just not getting along due to these problems. We have stayed together and supported on e another through all this even if it wasnt welcomed sometimes, and are now as happy as we could ever be. I love him so much and he is my best friend.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #43
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We renewed our vows in September of 1985. When we met we were single parents. We didn't have 2 nickels to rub together. Our rings cost $14 from Gold Circle. My dad bought my dress which cost $40. My husband wore a suit he already had. My mother-in-law (whom I never met) sent dresses for our girls. A friend played music, another made a cake and another took pictures.

On our 10th anniversary, my husband got me a bridal wedding set.

We were supposed to renew our vows on our 20th anniversary, but, unfortunately, both of our mothers were gravely ill. Therefore, we went out to dinner and exchanged rings.

For our 25th, while we didn't do it at Disney, we renewed our vows on The Celebrity Millenium somewhere between Seattle and San Francisco. I wore a beautiful gown and my husband a tux. We hired a professional photographer. It was a great day. Sorry our girls were not there.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #44
JandJ
If I close my mind in fear . . . Please pry it open
I had a very productive day ... yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I'll be honest: If I did a renewal, it would be because I want to wear a big fluffy dress again and be fussed over with my husband for a few hours and get some new jewelry.

All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother (1940 - 2005) Daddy's little girl (1933 - 2008)

Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, 7 Caribbean islands, England, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, 12 states, DC - check! Where to next??
JandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #45
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

We are renewing our vows in Florida. When we first got married DH swore he wanted lots of VR's (maybe one every year.) I laughed at him. Then five years ago most of our possesions were stolen including my wedding dress and most of our wedding photos. DH again reiterated that we needed a VR. This time to remind us that we can always get new stuff and make new memories but what was important could never be stolen. I started planning and for one reason or another it kept getting put off. We finally decided to renew on our 10th. anniversary but before then our son got very sick. His medical expenses wiped out our savings and there was no money for a vow renewal so it got postponed to "someday". Fast forward a little over a year and a half and our family has really been through the wringer. In that short of a time we have had two kids diagnosed with a combined total of nine medical conditions (on top of the ones they already had). Many of these are quite severe and several are chronic. Then in November my husband was diagnosed with severe heart problems and given a very grim prognosis. All of this made us realize that there is no guarantee on "someday" so this spring it is. Not because our marriage is crumbling but because we have survived and gotten stronger through things that might have destroyed others. It is going to be a celebration of "Life, Love and Family."

Last edited by kayrosek; 07-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.
kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: