Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #31
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contessafester View Post
I am enjoying your pictures and posts so much! It looks like you had an awesome trip! We are surprising our DD (7) with a Disney cruise in 12 days. I was wondering how hard it was to get the braids out. We are following up the cruise with a trip to Disney World and I have booked her a visit at the Bippidi Boppidi Boutique, so I would have to remove the braids for that. Would it be a pain? Thanks!
We had an incredible trip!! It was not that difficult to get the braids out. I took them out about a week after we got back. It took me about 20 minutes or so to do. And in regards to BBB, we booked her an appt on the cruise and they were able to do her hair with the braids in no problem. If you look carefully at the picture I posted on the first page of her then you will see her braids are still in. HTH!! Have a great cruise and thanks for reading along
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #32
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Water, Water Everywhere and a Magic Carpet Ride

This will be a short post with no pictures, sorry, more pictures coming in next post I promise!

After our meeting with the Princesses we decided to head to the pool deck and attempt to ride Aquaduck then do the early show for Aladdin, DS did not want to go since he wanted to hang out in his club longer (remember this will be important later).

First we headed back to the room and change and I think I had decided to leave my camera behind since I knew we could not use it with the aquaduck and I did not want to leave it on the pool deck and also DCL now has a very strict policy about no pictures during the show.

We headed to the pool deck around 1:30pm or so. Surprisingly while it was busy we were able to find 2 chairs right by the Mickey pool. Actually every time we headed to the pool we really did have to bad of an issue finding chairs. The worst was actually the 2nd sea day and we were able to find 2 loungers on the top deck and truthfully I preferred that location. While I don’t mind crowds I would rather have a little bit of space between me and my neighbor.

First we hit the Mickey pool and that lasted for about 10 minutes before we headed up to the Aquaducks. The line for the most of the cruise was only about 20 minutes. What a blast!! We had so much fun. They are very strict about no cameras, sunglasses, hats, water shoes. There are little cubbie holes before you get in line for the Aquaduck and there is an attendant there who watches your stuff for the most part and tells everyone no belongings on the Aquaduck. Also just so you know, if you want to get a picture taken on the Aquaduck do it early in the cruise. They were only taking pictures on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I believe. I know on our 2nd sea day they were no longer taking pictures. And in regards to finding your pictures for the Aquaduck it may be a bit of an issue. They had stacks and stacks of pictures in Shutters that everyone was flipping through trying to find their pictures. Our pictures did make it to our folder so I am not sure how some do and some don’t.

After our ride around the Aquaduck we headed over to the Aqualab. Disney really did a great job with decorating this area. It is so adorable and I wish I had taken pictures of it. DD did not stay in here long but that was primarily because there were 3 boys that found sliding across the deck a lot more fun than just splashing in the area and DD was afraid they were going to knock her over.

After that she headed into Nemo’s Reef. Even at 6, she loved this area and spent a lot of time in here. This is another area I think Disney did a great job with over the Wonder. It is well shaded so no worries about lathering your child up with sunscreen if they plan on playing in here. It is also right next to some tables for outside eating from Cabanas. DD and I stopped in and grabbed some food from the buffet and I was able to get a table right next to the side entrance.

We were only able to play for a little while before we headed to the theater for the afternoon matinee of Aladdin.

As many have said before Aladdin is a fantastic show and the Genie is amazing. All of us loved the new theater. DH and I preferred the balcony to the floor, probably because we could find good seats with arriving within 15 minutes before the show. DD on the other hand preferred to be downstairs because if you were going to get picked for the show that is where they were going to select you from. So to appease everyone we rotated. Now the one thing I don’t remember on the Wonder was feeling drowsy everytime we went into the theater, lol… For some reason every time I seemed to go into the theater I would be wide awake looking forward to the show and about 5 minutes into it I felt like it was nap time (and I promise you I loved the shows so it was not the entertainment), I think it had something to do with the swaying of the boat and the darkness of the theater, so soothing. I quickly figured out a fix for this problem a stop off at Vista Café before the show and a Café Au Lait and I was all set. Oh and if you get a chance to swing by Vista Café make sure to check out the sweets cabinet. They had the most delicious chocolate brownie things (not sure what the true name was, but they were delicious).

After Aladdin, DD asked to ride the AquaDuck again so back to the pool deck we headed. This is where I lost total track of time. We were suppose to have another DISmeet at 4:30 at the grand staircase for a group picture and I completely lost track of time and did not make it. Dawncala, I am very sorry. We hung out on deck bouncing from the Mickey Pool, to Nemo’s Reef and riding the Aquaduck until about 5:30pm when we headed back to our room to get ready for Formal Night.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
stitch101
Earning My Ears

Awesome report....I look fwd to more posts and pictures.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
Contessafester
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy

We had an incredible trip!! It was not that difficult to get the braids out. I took them out about a week after we got back. It took me about 20 minutes or so to do. And in regards to BBB, we booked her an appt on the cruise and they were able to do her hair with the braids in no problem. If you look carefully at the picture I posted on the first page of her then you will see her braids are still in. HTH!! Have a great cruise and thanks for reading along
Thanks for the info. Your DD looks beautiful in her BBB pic. I think the braids actually add to it! Can't wait to read more!

MeDHDD(7)
Contessafester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your report! I love all the pictures. I love watching Match Your Mate. I always laugh so hard. That night club looks great!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #36
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Loving your trip report! Also enjoying the pictures...Can't wait to experience it in August .
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #37
nursemomof2
Earning My Ears

Really enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for more
nursemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #38
kimsue68
Mouseketeer

great trip reports looking forward to more!!!

Disney Magic May20-27, 2006 Western**1st Cruise**
Disney Magic October 27-November 3, 2007 Eastern**2nd Cruise**

---------------
kimsue68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
DisneyRhondaKay
Earning My Ears

Enjoying the report! So with no shoes in line for AquaDuck is the deck really hot on your feet? Looking forward to AquaLab and Nemo's Reef with my 4 yr old. And I am thrilled with the Matinee shows! I was worried about DD making it for the late show.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Be our guest!!

I am so sorry for being absent for so long. My computer decided to give me troubles and I had to take it in for repairs. Luckily, nothing was lost!!! I hope you are still tagging along.

Tonight was Formal Night, which means lots of photos and a chance to get all dressed up. My family is not big into getting dressed up and unless we are going to the theater here in Atlanta we hardly ever get dressed up. One of my biggest plans for this evening was to get a family picture. DH, DD and I headed back to the room about 5:30 to start getting ready and that was when I realized I did not tell DS a time to be back to the room. Because of that $250 lost fee on the wave phone I did not allow DS to take the wave phone. My first attempt to get a hold of him was to call guest services and be transferred to the Vibe, but for some reason every time they transferred me they seemed to transfer me to the pool phone and it would just ring and ring. After about 3 attempts of this I realized I was not getting anywhere. So then I headed down to the Vibe to try and get him. You cannot get into the Vibe with your key so there is a phone next to the door. I called and within minutes my DS was walking out. He felt really bad that I had to come looking for him, but it really was not his fault at all. From this point on we started using the wave phones.

By the time I arrived back in the room DH was not feeling well. For some reason he was feeling very nauseous and dizzy. I told him to head up on deck and see if the fresh air would make him feel better and the kids and I would meet him after we were done getting ready.

This is where the split bathrooms came in very handy. While DS was taking a shower I was able to do my makeup and hair. I really liked the split baths and I don’t think I would book an inside again that did not have it. After getting ready we went up to deck 4 where DH was and he was feeling much better. He said as soon as he stepped out of the elevator he was feeling better.

We then headed down to deck 3 to get in line for pictures. In the Lobby there are many different cameras “stations” There was the grand staircase, the Minnie Statue, in front of the Mural by Guest Services and a few backdrop choices on both sides of the staircase. During events Decks 3 and 4 get really busy and crowded. This is the worst time to ever try and use the midship elevators. We don’t mind using the stairs and it really is a lot faster to just walk the couple of flights then try to use the elevators.
We took a few family photos in front of the Minnie statue and enjoyed our Free Cocktails, they even had drinks for the kids.

(mission accomplished)

To get away from the crowds a bit before our dinner we headed out to deck 4. This is one of our favorite places to just relax and hang out together. Love, love the comfy chairs.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Our Dinner Rotation this evening was in The Royal Court. I was happy to be here for Formal, Pirate Night and Semi Formal. Apparently I was so happy to eat there that I did not even take enough pics to piece together a decent showing of the restaurant. It is so elegant, I love all of the murals along the walls.

Tonight DH started with the shrimp and cheese Souffle which he said was yummy, DS had the shrimp and lobster appetizer, and I had the escargot. All three of us had the prime rib which we enjoyed while DD had the spaghetti and Meatballs.

As usual, the kids split out before desert and headed to the clubs leaving DH and I alone to enjoy dinner. I had the Grand Marnier soufflé which was fabulous and DH had the trio sampler.

After dinner it was time for DH and I to go to our clubs too. Tonight was Magic Dave in the Tube. By the time we arrived it was standing room only and they were directing everyone to LaPiazza to watch the show.

I considered LaPiazza a pass through type of bar, you know the type that you just grab a drink and go wherever you were heading. Not sit and enjoy the atmosphere. It is not private like The Tube, Skyline, O’Gills and Ooh La La. It is pretty though.

When you walk through LaPiazza heading to the other bars you walk through this little café area. I thought this area was such great attention to detail by Disney. No one was ever sitting there, but it was so cute and fit the theme well.

We watched Magic Dave from the bar area, we enjoyed the show. After his show DH and I finished up our drinks and decided to call it a night. DD had a list of things she wanted to accomplish tomorrow and we were already exhausted just thinking about it.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #41
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Following along! Loving the TR so far. I can't wait to sail on the Fantasy in Oct
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #42
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great family shots! DId you request your dining rotation?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #43
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great family shots! DId you request your dining rotation?
I did request our rotation prior to cruising. I had primarily done so so that I could book Palo and since our sailing was the 8th one I wanted to make sure I knew when I would have Enchanted a 2nd time. When the gentleman told me I could request rotation with being in Royal Court on Formal and Semi Formal I said sold!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #44
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Following along! Loving the TR so far. I can't wait to sail on the Fantasy in Oct
Thank you for following along!! It is such a beautiful ship.. We did a lot and left a lot to be done on our 2014 cruise
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #45
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy View Post
Thank you for following along!! It is such a beautiful ship.. We did a lot and left a lot to be done on our 2014 cruise
What cruise will you be doing in 2014?
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: