Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #61
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Day 5, part 2: Seeking Shelter with the Fishies

Now the original plan for today after breakfast had been to do the Land Pavilion and Innoventions, then to take a break at the resort and return to do the Living Seas in the evening. With the Land Pavilion done on our previous day (except one show) and Innoventions not holding the interest I thought it would, the plan now was to head to the Living Seas Pavilion and take our time in there, then do what weíd missed in the Land Pavilion and see what we wanted to do after that, then call it a day. There were some clear hours predicted later and we wanted to get some pool time in as we had not had a chance to and were at the half way mark. It took a while as ds was now free to walk, which also meant he was free to stop.

We arrived at the Seas Pavilion and parked the stroller. First up was the Nemo ride. It was walk on. I think it usually is despite the really long queue they built for it. It was walk on during Thanksgiving week the first time we were there. Itís a cute ride though. We headed for Turtle Talk with Crush next.

We had a while to wait so dd and ds checked out the fish.

We went to see Crush and he was a hoot. Dd got to talk to him, but I donít think she expected to be picked. She ended up asking him how old he was. She said she liked it when he said it in the movie and wanted to hear it. After answering questions, he told the children about something he found in the ocean and wanted to know what it was. He went behind a rock and pulled out a bikini top. The children told him what it was and he got a shocked look. He asked them if it was really something for girls. They said yes. He got rid of it real quick. He also taught them the different uses of the word ďdudeĒ and advised them to use it the rest of the day because the parents would love it. Cue laughter from the children and groaning laughter from the parents.

Once we left there we headed to the play area.

We got to see a demonstration with a male dolphin.

This is him at the end posing.

After that we just walked around checking out the fish. I didnít take many pictures. With ds free to walk, I really had to be on alert. We got into more than one chase. He saw so many things that interested him.

Next we went to the show in the Land Pavilion we missed the first day. The children played the "splash mommy" game all the way there.

It was getting close to time to eat again. Dd wanted to ride Living with the Land again. There was a long line after the Circle of Life show. There was a large group and a lot of other people. I wanted to grab a fast pass then go eat lunch, but the fast pass machine was off. Iíd wanted to do Electric Umbrella in case ds fell asleep on the bus again, but we ended up just standing in the line. Thankfully it moved well. Somehow I managed to ride this twice and not take any pictures. We ended up heading back to the resort for lunch. The rain stopped and I was so glad to take off that poncho. We took our sweet time heading out to the bus stop.

Um..yeah, I guess you might notice a little something about ds in those pictures. After playing "let's splash mommy" all the way to the Land Pavilion ds' sneakers were soaked. I didn't worry because I had brought his extra shoes. Once we were inside the Land Pavilion I sat down to change his shoes. I was in for a surprise. Somewhere between the Living Seas Pavilion and the Land Pavilion we lost one of his Airwalk shoes. I missed those little shoes the rest of the trip. He didnít care.

And we said our final good-bye to Epcot with a picture of the space ball. If you ask dd it is a big golf ball. If you ask ds it is a white basketball. I told them it was a space station. They both thought I was nuts.

On the way out, dd found a pair of eye glasses. After I picked up a pin, we took them to guest services and left them with a CM there. I hope the person got them back. Looking at them, I donít think the person was going to have a very pleasant vacation without them unless they had a spare pair or some contact lenses. They were really thick.

We took the bus back and had lunch at the food court. Dd got a meatball sub. Ds and I shared a chicken and pasta meal. We had a towel creation waiting in the room.

We changed and went out to the pool. Weather.com was predicting about 3 clear hours. It was a little bit chilly with the sun going in and out, but it was nice to finally get to use the pool. We were in there an hour before ds fell asleep. I dried him off, wrapped him up and laid him in the stroller and let dd continue to play until it started raining again. We went back to the room around 6. Ds woke up, we got cleaned up and I washed out what was left of the princess hair. I decided we werenít going out again so we got into our pjs. We ate from the food in the room and relaxed until we fell asleep.

Up next: Some rest

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #62
myasma
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you guys had a nice and relaxing vacation. It is so hard for me to schedule down time and even when I do, a lot of times we usually just decide to stay. I am really going to try this time to take it nice and slow. Can't wait to read more about all the fun you guys had.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #63
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myasma View Post
Sounds like you guys had a nice and relaxing vacation. It is so hard for me to schedule down time and even when I do, a lot of times we usually just decide to stay. I am really going to try this time to take it nice and slow. Can't wait to read more about all the fun you guys had.
It wasn't easy really. One night when we came in and stayed in I kept thinking I wished we'd gone back out because the rain had stopped and it was a beautiful evening. I had to keep telling myself we had to have the rest. People around here kept telling me I was going to be worn out and come home and need another vacation. It also helped that we had so many days. On a shorter vacation I might not do as well. When we went to Orlando in October 2011, we did 30 theme park hours in 3 touring days. Being October though it wasn't very taxing. I wish I could go more at that time of year.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #64
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Life Updates and Considering Our Next Disney Move

Sorry for the long time between updates. My mother got married on Saturday and my daughter started tutoring and therapy and things have just been nuts.

On another note, I sent in a request today to cancel our DCL cruise I had booked for July 2013. It is setting in on me just how much this school year will cost between private school and the private tutoring and therapy dd will require. As time went on I just could not shake the feeling that it was not a good idea for me to spend $3K plus on a 4 night vacation, even if it is a DCL cruise. And spending about the same amount for 10 days at WDW didnít help. Dd also wasn't really thrilled when I told her it was just 4 days. Even she said, "That's a lot of money for 4 days." It's normal for a summer time DCL cruise. I just don't think that is the right decision for us now.

I would always prefer to travel in a less expensive and less crowded month, but not having the school calendar thus not knowing the dates for ddís fall break prevented me from doing an early booking. I have looked at the prices for October and November 2013 and our tentative plan is that we will take a less expensive summer vacation and save up and be ready to book and pay in full when we get the calendar if there is a DCL cruise available for the dates of her fall or the following spring break. Our van will be paid off in January and I'm hoping that by then I can decrease dd's sessions to once a week.

In the meantime Iím considering a no-frills trip for December. And by no frills, I mean we drive down there, do maybe 2 or 3 TS meals and stay off site at a Holiday Inn or something similar or stay "off site" at Shades of Green. I have the off site in quotes because Shades of Green guests still get on site perks like EMH and transportation. Iím going to do the math and compare it to the price quote I have for a Little Mermaid room at AofA. I also thought about renting DVC points to stay at AKL since my daughter really wants to stay there. When I priced it, it was about the same as staying at an All-Star. We really want to see the holiday decorations again and even though we still had a blast, going outside hurricane season is attractive after what happened on our trip.

I promise to get back to the trip report this weekend.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #65
Bmousey
Earning My Ears

No worries! You have to do what you have to do. Family should always come first.

Congrats to your mother on her getting married. Hope everything is going well with your dd and ds also.

As far as cancelling your trip, I think it is a wise decision.

I will be driving down in the month of December also to try and save. My first thoughts were to stay off site too, until I was talked out of it; however, I would stay off site in a heart beat. You never know, it may be just as enjoyable. Of course it will be...you will be at Disney!

P.S.

I'm sure you already know that there is a free dining promotion going on for some dates in December. Not sure if it coincides with dd's school schedule, but thought I should just let you know.

I sent you a pm....let me know if you didn't get it.

Pop Century- February 2011
All Star Sports- March 2012
Art of Animation- December 2012
Pop Century - October 2013 Birthday and Food and Wine Festival

Pop Century - October 2014 MNSSHP

First Disneyland Trip- Tinker Bell Marathon Weekend

Last edited by Bmousey; 07-30-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #66
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

I haven't finished reading your trip report yet( just hopped over to it tonight from another thread and it's nearly 1am, so I've got to go to sleep!), but I just wanted to comment really quick that from what I have read I've fallen in love with your little family! Your kids are beautiful and I'm super impressed with the outlook/attitude you took on with ALL that rain!

. My youngest will be 2.5 when we go in November, and I'm so excited to see him with Mickey. He's obsessed with him. He was 15 months on our first trip. My girls are 6 and 4, so they are prime Princess age!
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report later!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: