Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
petlvr1064
Earning My Ears

First time cruser excited and nervious

I am going on my first disney cruise in november. I am excited and nervious as i have aspergers and have never cruised before more excited then nervous though. Any hints or tips for a first time.cruiser. I will be celbrating my golden birthday wnIhile on the ship.
petlvr1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Woohoo! A first time cruiser is a great thing! As for hints, enjoy and do it at your pace. I have only one friend with Aspergers and he does very well with cruising as he is fond of music and that gets him out of his shell a bit as he loves to dance and there is music everywhere it seems. He does allow himself some down time to relax and prepare for the next crowd. If you have specific concerns or questions, please ask, there is a lot of knowledge on these boards and they are very helpful.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

I love reading threads from first time cruisers. We are first time cruisers also and first time Disney guests, too! I'm nervous about embarkation, mostly.
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
I love reading threads from first time cruisers. We are first time cruisers also and first time Disney guests, too! I'm nervous about embarkation, mostly.
We find embarkation on a Disney cruise easier than other cruise lines. We find it better organized. I know on past Celebrity cruises we have had to wait in long lines. We try to get to the port around noon or 1pm. Gives us more time to get accustomed to the ship. We know our way around now but on our first Dream cruise we werent sure of the ship so we arrived between that noon and 1pm time. Once on board our cabin was ready, we dropped off our carry on, we grabbed our drink of the day from bar on top deck, and did a self tour. Your luggage may arrive later so make sure your wearing something you want to wear for the next few hours. We sometimes are wearing our swim suits under our clothes so we can use the pool area before the 4pm muster drill.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut

We find embarkation on a Disney cruise easier than other cruise lines. We find it better organized. I know on past Celebrity cruises we have had to wait in long lines. We try to get to the port around noon or 1pm. Gives us more time to get accustomed to the ship. We know our way around now but on our first Dream cruise we werent sure of the ship so we arrived between that noon and 1pm time. Once on board our cabin was ready, we dropped off our carry on, we grabbed our drink of the day from bar on top deck, and did a self tour. Your luggage may arrive later so make sure your wearing something you want to wear for the next few hours. We sometimes are wearing our swim suits under our clothes so we can use the pool area before the 4pm muster drill.
I know everyone says go to cabanas or enchanted gardens to eat and I can find them on a deck map. But where exactly do we get onto the ship?
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I know everyone says go to cabanas or enchanted gardens to eat and I can find them on a deck map. But where exactly do we get onto the ship?
If you're sailing from Port Canaveral, you'll board on Deck 3 midship, right into the atrium.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimero

If you're sailing from Port Canaveral, you'll board on Deck 3 midship, right into the atrium.
Oh thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: