Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Hi there!!! I just wanted to let you know that I am joining in and loving this TR so far. I adore the title, it reminds me a lot of myself and Andy, we are all into being kids when we are in Disney (me all the time) but when it comes to my spontaneous dancing and singing he tends to step a few steps away

I can't wait to hear more about your trip and how the whole seasonal DCP aspect works!!! I wanted to stay at the POP so bad on our last trip down but it just didn't work out for us. One day!!!

Disney Pizza!!! Yummmmmm. I am obsessed with all Disney food and LOVE the dinning plan, but I can totally see where people don't like it. If you're not going to go to those expensive restaurants and eat your weight in food it's not worth it. I've never done the QSDP but I have a ton of favorite quick service places so one time I should look into that rather than the regular DP. I hope that the dinning plan war doesn't turn up too many casualties and you end up enjoying it.

This may be a really random question but I figured since you seen to have a few CM discount trips under your belt I'd ask you, (sorry if this is off topic) my sister and her friend are looking to visit me while I am doing the DCP and they really wanted to do the dinning plan. Is it possible to get a CM discount on both the room and the dinning plan? I feel like it's not but it's worth the shot to ask.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #32
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great update!

I've done online check in twice. The first time, we got our packets and were out the door in about 3 minutes. The second time we got an "earning my ears" CM so it took a while, but our room request was honored which I'd heard doesn't happen very often when you do online check in.

I am also a HUGE DDP fan, I hope you convinced DBF before the trip was over. I'm not huge on CS, so I'd be crushed at the idea of not doing all those awesome TS restaurants!

I've gotta get my hands on some of that cheesecake one of these days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasha_Loves_Disney View Post
Hi there!!! I just wanted to let you know that I am joining in and loving this TR so far. I adore the title, it reminds me a lot of myself and Andy, we are all into being kids when we are in Disney (me all the time) but when it comes to my spontaneous dancing and singing he tends to step a few steps away

I can't wait to hear more about your trip and how the whole seasonal DCP aspect works!!! I wanted to stay at the POP so bad on our last trip down but it just didn't work out for us. One day!!!

Disney Pizza!!! Yummmmmm. I am obsessed with all Disney food and LOVE the dinning plan, but I can totally see where people don't like it. If you're not going to go to those expensive restaurants and eat your weight in food it's not worth it. I've never done the QSDP but I have a ton of favorite quick service places so one time I should look into that rather than the regular DP. I hope that the dinning plan war doesn't turn up too many casualties and you end up enjoying it.

This may be a really random question but I figured since you seen to have a few CM discount trips under your belt I'd ask you, (sorry if this is off topic) my sister and her friend are looking to visit me while I am doing the DCP and they really wanted to do the dinning plan. Is it possible to get a CM discount on both the room and the dinning plan? I feel like it's not but it's worth the shot to ask.
Nice to see you! The whole singing-in-public thing carries over into our lives back home, where DBF is FAR more likely to walk very quickly in the opposite direction - he can't at Disney because there's just too many people

Pop is definitely my favorite out of the values (we've stayed at all but AS Movies and now AoA) simply because of the location. I thought the food court and rooms were basically the same, but being much closer to the center of things as opposed to all the way out by AK gives Pop the edge in my book.

I'll PM you re discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great update!

I've done online check in twice. The first time, we got our packets and were out the door in about 3 minutes. The second time we got an "earning my ears" CM so it took a while, but our room request was honored which I'd heard doesn't happen very often when you do online check in.

I am also a HUGE DDP fan, I hope you convinced DBF before the trip was over. I'm not huge on CS, so I'd be crushed at the idea of not doing all those awesome TS restaurants!

I've gotta get my hands on some of that cheesecake one of these days.
I definitely want to try it again, as all of our stuff was ready and she (the CM) only got held up on some technicalities (like that I was paying for the room but we wanted to use DBF's card for charging privileges)

I LOVED doing TS lunches with my parents, because even though we ate fairly early in the day (between 1-2) we were so full we didn't need dinner! That also meant we got to use our CS for breakfast in the morning, and I am a HUUUUUUUUGE breakfast fan. I'd also really like to do more breakfast buffets in the future, so another point (in my book) for the dining plan.

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #34
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Welcome home!

Loved your arrival to POP- nice pictures of your room. But what I really want to see... do you have a picture of your view of the WDW sign? How cool was that!

The collage is great! I love the Pleasure Island and EPCOT and Figment pictures- reminds me of my trips to Disney in the 80s.

I don't know if it works the same way at POP (and it is a little too late for this trip) but at ASMo you could come back later for your dessert. The cashier would stamp your receipt and you could redeem it later in the day (not sure if it was valid for that day only, or for your entire trip).

Smart move getting the bottles of water!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post

The view from our room........not quite as nice as the last time (we had 4th floor 90s and could see the Walt Disney World Welcome sign!)

Yeah, not the most exciting view but for me, at a value or mod, I don't like looking out the room window anyway...something about folks walking by looking in really bugs me so I'd be happy looking at the collage! Or sitting by the pool for a view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
DBF HATES the dining plan. HATES it. He doesn't like to plan around ADRs, and his family will typically only have one or two TS meals for a two week trip. (While we're at it, he's pretty against touring plans etc in general, while it took everything I had to hold myself back from making spreadsheets.)

So here we are, about to have our first meal of the trip, and I am determined to champion the QSDP in all ways possible in hopes of using it to sell DBF on the regular dining plan in the future. I tell him with lunch, he gets a dessert, but I'm not sure what's a dessert at the resorts. Kevin doesn't like needing to get his dessert now (when he doesn't want it and usually wouldn't anyway) and suddenly it's a rainstorm of how awful the dining plan is and how it's never going to happen again. In my head, visions of Ohana, Le Cellier and Boma wash down the drain. Kevin 1, DP 0

I grab a sugar cookie for Kevin, because it's one of the only things he'll actually eat out of the options (he's an extraordinarily "plain" eater) and I am trying to sell the idea of the dessert that can be eaten later, and a tie dye cheesecake for myself because, well, why not. We head to cashout when the CM at the register becomes an unknown soldier in the Kevin vs DP battle.

"You know," she says "You also get a bottled drink with each meal."

"But we have our mugs," says I, confused.

"In addition to your mugs." And I have an idea.

"Go grab two waters to take to the park." Kevin thinks this is a great idea and goes off, and I'm about ready to kiss this CM Kevin 1, DP 1.

I should make note here that Kevin typically only eats three things at Disney - pizza, chicken nuggets, and to a lesser extent, burgers. Variety is not the spice of his palate. Usually I'll get something different but I was starving and just didn't feel like deciding with the stress of the dining plan battle.

The Disney pizza was delicious as usual, and I loved the cheesecake even though I couldn't finish it. Kevin liked his cookie as well

Coming Up Next: The Line Starts Where?![/color][/center]
Well, if that's all he'll eat, I"m thinking QSDP is about the best you can do. Ohana, Boma etc don't sound much like him...bummer but I get it. LOL! That said, why not take dessert back to the room and put it in the fridge for a snack later? We do that all the time on the dining plan.

Great start, sorry online check in didn't go as well as hoped. Honestly I've only done it once. Same trip, 2 deluxe resorts, one online and one not. The Non online was a bazillion times faster and nicer and our room was ready. The online one, no room till about 4pm, confused CM and it felt like it took forever. And we were the only ones in the line!

So...in 2 weeks...I'll probably skip it for all 3 ressies!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #36
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Ooh, love the update! Like Shannon, I hope you convince DBF to love the DDP before it's over! We just booked for 2013 today, and we are doing DxDP for the first time. I've already started planning my food!

We have always loved Pop! It's so neat! I am on the fence about online check-in. Yes, it's quicker, I guess, but I seem to only get the "here's your stuff, see ya, bye" with online check-in. The times that we have done it are the times our room wasn't ready for quite a while. I don't know if they are connected, but that's how it's been.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
elphie101

The Line Starts Where?!

We headed out through the shop to the Magic Kingdom bus stop. Going to MK was mostly for logistical reasons - I needed to get my Tomorrowland outfit for when I would be working, and didn't want to waste time on other days to go pick it up. Though if I was being honest, wasn't too disappointed about starting our trip with the castle

We didn't have to wait too long for a bus, and it took us about 20 minutes to get from Pop Century to MK. That puts us at the Magic Kingdom at about 1:00, after many days of people dealing with tropical storms. The week before July 4th.

Hooooooo crowds.

We decided on the bus ride over to grab a fastpass for Splash Mountain, then I would head backstage to pick up my costume (thereby killing some time on the FP). As we entered the park though, Kevin suggested we stop by the firehouse and pick up some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. I had picked some up during my April work trip and Kevin was interested in starting, plus I needed a new key card (which would become a reoccurring thing ). I also got to give some of my extra cards to kids waiting in line

From there we made our way over to Frontierland to grab our passes.

More photos of Kevin (technically) without him being aware

(With Instagram)

Big Thunder was under refurb last time I was at WDW, so I couldn't wait to ride it again!

It was around 1:30 at this point, and the FP weren't good until 3:50. Normally I wouldn't have gone for this and just said we'd get it another time, but it was hot, and I do love Splash Mountain, and hey, that's what we get for coming at this time of year.

It was time to go backstage now, which really could've been done from anywhere, but we decided to head to Tomorrowland on the off chance some of my friends were working. We said hi to a few people, then I ran back to get my costume, while Kevin just sat around and people watched. He didn't take any photos during this time (and obviously I didn't either). All in all I was back, black and gray in hand, after an hour.

We still had an hour before we could get a FP anywhere else, and we were VERY hot and it was VERY crowded. So what did we decided to take a ride on the highway in the sky

It was at this point that I realized I hadn't been taking many photos, and most of them didn't involve people, so let's fix that shall we?

Much better (well, maybe not much)

I would have to say the Peoplemover is my second favorite ride (after the Haunted Mansion). It's just so relaxing, great for photos and people watching and is almost always a walk-on. Plus I find it's hard not to be partial to things at WDW that came from Walt's mind in some form.

Aye caramba, look at that crowd. Not going near that any time soon.

(With Instagram) This picture actually came from my April trip, but I always try to get a photo of the castle as you go past Stitch and none of them came out as good as this one, so I figured you all wouldn't mind

When we headed into Space Mountain, I pointed out to Kevin that the path to Storybook Circus was now open again, and he mentioned he still hadn't seen it yet. OF COURSE!

So once we were off the People Mover, we headed up through the maze of construction walls to take a peek at the circus.

Casey Jr had come to town since I was last here, so I made sure to get a photo. And yes, based on these kids, you do get SOAKED. I'd definitely bring a change of clothes if anyone's kids are planning on running around here.

See you in 2014 Snow White!

We stopped at this point and thought about what we might do next. It was nearing 3:00, and the heat was really beating down on us. A good chunk of things were at least a 30 minute wait if not longer.

We decided to head to Mickey's Phillharmagic - the show was great, never much of a wait, and best of all, it was inside! So we made our way out of new Fantasyland and back into Fantasyland proper

Let's go ride Snow- oh wait.

We walked right into an empty preshow area at Phillharmagic - we must've just missed a show. No problem, more time in the A/C

(With Instagram)

It was then that we got a little bit of pixie dust. A couple standing next to us asked if we were a party of two, then gave us their Space Mountain fastpasses, they said they had to leave after the show. We'll take those!

The pixie dusted FP with our Splash ones - Glennbo style!

Continued in next post

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal

Last edited by elphie101; 07-14-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
elphie101

The doors opened and we let everyone crush through them - we'll just wait to get our center seats

My eyes always go right to this Mickey - I can't help it!

The show was great, as it always is (for several years it was my favorite Disney attraction). Kevin mentioned as we headed out though that as soon as we sat down, he instantly felt like falling asleep - we had been up for nearly 12 hours after all! We had been planning on moseying down towards Splash Mountain after the show, but now we had Space FPs to use, so we backtracked over to Tomorrowland. (This was the first time I had a twinge of mourning for the old FastPass ways, though I will say overall I didn't really mind needing to be back during our window.)

Another back shot of Kevin!

Has anyone ever really noticed the ceiling in here? The things you pay attention to when you're at Disney....

We had a great time rocketing through space! I always love seeing MK-1 Tomorrowland Station in the unloading area, but I didn't get a picture of it.

It was time to go visit Brer Rabbit and crew, so we headed off to the frontier.

You can never have too many castle photos!

Nevertheless, we were on a mission. On the way, I checked out the Mobile Magic app to see what the FP times were for BTMRR - it was 8:30-9:30. We were already exhausted and tired, and knew we wouldn't make it till then. Until next time.

We realized we had walked a little too fast and still had some time to kill, so we decided to wander into the trading post to check out their Vinylmations. Kevin started collecting them back in 2009 and had collected a fair number since then, and decided to introduce me to them when he visited me during the college program. Biiiiiiiig mistake. We're now both completely addicted (though I'm more into completing sets than he is) and were really looking forward to being on property to get some.

It was here we found out the hard truth - the current run of our favorite series (Parks) were nowhere to be found. ANYWHERE. We never officially asked, but I suspect they had cleared them out quickly due to the next Parks set debuting in mid-July. I was pretty bummed. We didn't actually buy anything this round, and made our way over to the mob at Splash Mountain's FastPass return.

The first of many 'Look at the crowd!' shots I took during this trip. I'm not sure what the standby wait was (something outrageous yet typical for Splash peak season, like 80-90 minutes) but it seems to me this part of the line is always full.

(With Instagram) I love this sign. One of my CP roommates worked at Splash Mountain and said people would always ask her when getting into their logs (which are right next to this sign remember) if they would get wet. That's the true Disney magic folks.

We got just wet enough to be refreshed, and surprisingly there almost every animatronic was working! (Yes, I took note.) At this point, we were at a loss for what to do - we had no FPs and everything had some decently long waits. I checked MM and Jungle Cruise FPs were good around 5:00 (it was 4:30 now), so we decided to head over to Adventureland. Kevin ran off to go get the passes, while I hopped in line for Pirates. It had a 40 minute wait, but there wasn't much else to do till 5:00 and hey, it was cool and indoors!

There was a huge mob outside the entrance to the ride - I don't know what was going on, but everyone seemed to be crushing in all at once. No one had any clue where the line was, so I just slipped into the mob.

Ohhhhh boy

I don't think I have EVER seen the line for Pirates this long. It was moving pretty quickly though, at least in this outside part, and I was still outside when Kevin returned with the FastPasses.

(I took this after the ride, but it goes better here!)

We continued to meander our way around the outside queue area (which is really wide - there was a large family behind us that kept trying to run in front of us ).

(With Instagram)

We were forced into the right-hand side of the line, where we shuffled along, until I noticed something was different.....

A DISser always photographs Disney Construction!! Sure, everyone around us was photographing the cannons and dungeon-like atmosphere - I'm the one who flips over a canvas wall.

As we got to the loading area, I checked my phone - we had only been waiting 20 minutes! Take that Disney wait times!

After the ride, we headed over to everyone's favorite cruise.

This ride has one of my favorite queues - so much to look at!

Continued in next post - stupid picture limit!

DH Me

Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #39
elphie101

We got onto our boat pretty quickly, and had one of my favorite skippers to date - our boat got stuck in traffic a couple times and he was great at ad-libbing to keep everyone interested. (Still not our best skipper though - we had one once who filled our tour with Lost references )

If you guys get Taylor from Davenport FL, you're in for a good cruise!

Once we were returned to dry land, I checked our app to see if there was anything else we could do before we left. Haunted Mansion was only a 20 minute wait, so we decided to walk up to Liberty Square - but when we got there....

This doesn't look good

The line for HM was out in front of the boat dock, and we threw in the towel. We had been awake for over 14 hours at this point, and the crowds were not letting up, so we decided to head back to the resort for a quiet dinner and a swim (in all my on property stays, I had yet to use a Disney pool!)

Bye castle

The streets by the castle were pretty empty, but there was music playing........and I started to panic a little. The Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it dance party was headed up Main Street, and we had wanted to stop by Uptown Jewelers to check out their Vinylmation trade box before we left (and the Dooneys ). We just managed to make it across Main Street before the CMs closed off traffic - point us! This was also when Kevin realized that if there's a parade or show that performed in the Magic Kingdom, I knew all the words.....and most of the dance moves. So while I kept walking while pumping up the party, Kevin suddenly discovered a keen interest in walking as quickly as possible.

Just made it!

We didn't end up doing any traders in Uptown Jewelers, but Kevin did pick up a Star Wars Vinylmation. We continued to avoid the party by making our way out through the Confectionery.

We decided to poke around the hat shop, because......why not.

Clearly we were reaching the level of tiredness when you go a bit batty.

We made our way to the back of the shop, where Kevin decided to pose for a photo....

"Hey!" He goes, "there's actually people talking!"

We had never heard that before! It was too quiet to make out what they were saying, but it was still fun to discover something new.

On our way out, I ran into the Town Square Theater to snap a photo of the princess board, now that Rapunzel was part of the TST line-up.

At the time I took this to mean that they didn't give Rapunzel a photo - though I'm just now realizing that after 5:00 (I believe) Rapunzel and Aurora rotate, and so they can't guarantee either one (hence the crown). I never checked back so I can't say for certain.

We strolled out of Magic Kingdom and made our way to the bus stop, where a bus was waiting. Gotta love good bus luck

Coming Up Next: 20-Somethings Are Allergic to Water!

DH Me

Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
elphie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Welcome home!

Loved your arrival to POP- nice pictures of your room. But what I really want to see... do you have a picture of your view of the WDW sign? How cool was that!

The collage is great! I love the Pleasure Island and EPCOT and Figment pictures- reminds me of my trips to Disney in the 80s.

I don't know if it works the same way at POP (and it is a little too late for this trip) but at ASMo you could come back later for your dessert. The cashier would stamp your receipt and you could redeem it later in the day (not sure if it was valid for that day only, or for your entire trip).

Smart move getting the bottles of water!
I don't think we actually got any photos from our view last year! Shame. It was pretty distant though, I'm not sure how well it would've shown up on camera.

We probably should have asked re the desserts....maybe next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yeah, not the most exciting view but for me, at a value or mod, I don't like looking out the room window anyway...something about folks walking by looking in really bugs me so I'd be happy looking at the collage! Or sitting by the pool for a view.

Well, if that's all he'll eat, I"m thinking QSDP is about the best you can do. Ohana, Boma etc don't sound much like him...bummer but I get it. LOL! That said, why not take dessert back to the room and put it in the fridge for a snack later? We do that all the time on the dining plan.

Great start, sorry online check in didn't go as well as hoped. Honestly I've only done it once. Same trip, 2 deluxe resorts, one online and one not. The Non online was a bazillion times faster and nicer and our room was ready. The online one, no room till about 4pm, confused CM and it felt like it took forever. And we were the only ones in the line!

So...in 2 weeks...I'll probably skip it for all 3 ressies!
DBF always swears that he only keeps his eating habits from childhood because he just hasn't bothered to change them, and that he's always willing to try stuff - we went to Teppan Edo for our anniversary last year and he loved it! So I'm hopeful, and worst case scenerio, there's a children's section at the buffets

We did make use of bring things back to the room (I got apple slices with meals a lot to take back, and I would just eat DBF's dessert), we did that with our dinner on day one too

I'm at least glad I got to try the online check in - it's not a big deal if we never do it again hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Ooh, love the update! Like Shannon, I hope you convince DBF to love the DDP before it's over! We just booked for 2013 today, and we are doing DxDP for the first time. I've already started planning my food!

We have always loved Pop! It's so neat! I am on the fence about online check-in. Yes, it's quicker, I guess, but I seem to only get the "here's your stuff, see ya, bye" with online check-in. The times that we have done it are the times our room wasn't ready for quite a while. I don't know if they are connected, but that's how it's been.

Can't wait to read more!
I would LOVE to do the DxDP - I would have a sit down breakfast every day! That's my idea of a vacation.

DH Me

Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #41
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm joining in and I'm really loving your TR! You're hilarious! It's also awesome to hear some CM insight. Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #42
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing in!

I love trading Vinyls; it's not a big deal at Disneyland and we really missed that during our last trip. We might have to resort to pin trading our next time!

Not a big fan of the dining plan anymore - I like planning out things separately (and not having to get just what's covered under the plan) and being able to use AP/TiW discounts. Much easier to figure out and no credits to keep track of.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #43
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Two awesome updates! I had to gasp in fake horror when you said your BF doesn't like touring plans! I absolutely cannot imagine doing Disney without very specific plans (at least to start). I am flexible, but I feel like without a plan you just stand around and waste so much time deciding what to do next! Luckily my DH is perfectly willing to let me plan everything and then come along for the ride. When I started planning our Disneymoon I asked him how involved he wanted to be. His response? "I just figured it would be similar to the wedding when I showed up at the time you told me to be there in the outfit you picked out for me".
Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #44
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love reading all of the updates! DH & I have a love for Vinylmations, too!

Thanks for the pic of the Casey Jr Playground! My DS is SO excited to play in that next time--it opened about 4 days after we got home from our last trip!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #45
elphie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi! I'm joining in and I'm really loving your TR! You're hilarious! It's also awesome to hear some CM insight. Can't wait to read more!
Hi there! Glad to have you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing in!

I love trading Vinyls; it's not a big deal at Disneyland and we really missed that during our last trip. We might have to resort to pin trading our next time!

Not a big fan of the dining plan anymore - I like planning out things separately (and not having to get just what's covered under the plan) and being able to use AP/TiW discounts. Much easier to figure out and no credits to keep track of.
I've been dying to try Tables in Wonderland (it's actually a better deal than the CM discount since it includes alcohol) and DBF's family is planning on getting it for their trip, so we may end up using that in the future.

And awesome name BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
Two awesome updates! I had to gasp in fake horror when you said your BF doesn't like touring plans! I absolutely cannot imagine doing Disney without very specific plans (at least to start). I am flexible, but I feel like without a plan you just stand around and waste so much time deciding what to do next! Luckily my DH is perfectly willing to let me plan everything and then come along for the ride. When I started planning our Disneymoon I asked him how involved he wanted to be. His response? "I just figured it would be similar to the wedding when I showed up at the time you told me to be there in the outfit you picked out for me".
He doesn't mind planning to a point (like where's the first FP of the day going to be) but I start talking about crowd levels and most recommended park and I get that look. Other than that he's pretty easy going (sounds like your DH haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love reading all of the updates! DH & I have a love for Vinylmations, too!

Thanks for the pic of the Casey Jr Playground! My DS is SO excited to play in that next time--it opened about 4 days after we got home from our last trip!
Glad to be a help! I think the train cars can move, because I've seen pictures elsewhere where they are arranged differently, but we never went back in person so I can't tell you for sure.

And again, DEFINITELY bring a change of clothes for your DS! We're talking Kali River Rapids wet here. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's located right next to the bathroom.

DH Me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: