Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
jwmoss
Mouseketeer

This will be our 3rd trip coming up in December and I'm going to try to make myself ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I hate drops - and I'm really nervous about it - but I'm going to try to get on it this time with my husband!!

And I finally got a reservation at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, so I'm really excited about that!!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by feezle
Some good stuff on here!

Definitely need to check out the sundial. If not this trip, a future one!

I have never ridden Astro Orbiter either....but then again, I had never been on Dumbo until two trips ago.

One thing I forgot to put on my list....as God is my witness, I will finally get a Cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery!
Cinnamon roll is a must several times on every trip for us, usually on way out of park for the night...best breakfast ever!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Every time we go I want to check out Tom Sawyer's Island but just never have. I'm pretty determined to do it on this upcoming trip!

Also, not something I'll get to do on this trip, but I really want to stay at Bay Lake. We plan and book late and it's always booked by the time we decide to make reservations.

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
jusgar213
Earning My Ears

our list :)

my boyfriend and I make a trip to wdw every year this will be our 5th trip together
we have a running list for the upcoming trip in October of things we some how have missed or skipped everytime

so far...

HS
One Mans Dream
The Animation Academy
The Ellen Ride

AK
Primeval Whirl
We've some how never stumbled upon the Discovery Island Trail at AK.. that place is a maze for me i always get lost

Epcot
Try School Bread in Norway
Explore UK in Epcot
The Land Ride

MK
Tiki Room
astro orbiter
Presidents
Treehouse and Tom Sawyer stuff
People Mover
and our first before opening breakfast reservation at MK so we can get some of this stuff done!!
jusgar213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all the posts I've read, I now know I need to try a Dole whip and a main street bakery cinnamon roll! I am also going to put my brave pants on and ride Rockin' Roller Coaster and Everest. Really. I am. this time...I think, probably...
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #21
feezle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmoss View Post
This will be our 3rd trip coming up in December and I'm going to try to make myself ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I hate drops - and I'm really nervous about it - but I'm going to try to get on it this time with my husband!!
Do it! There are no drops! I hate the drops too. The only coaster you need to worry about at WDW is Everest. Even Everest is not bad for a modern coaster.

My least favorite ride as far as drops are concerned at WDW is Splash Mountain. I have only ridden it a couple of times and it has never been without a fight. I'm scared of heights and I just don't do well with it.

I rode TOT for only the 2nd time last time I was there. The first time was when I was little and I have been scared to death of it since. I rode it last time and actually liked it a lot. I think it is different because I don't get the sensation I am going to flip over because I am going straight down.

Jul '96-Off Prop| Aug '04-Off Prop| Sept '06-SSR | May '08-POP| Sept '10-POR| Nov '11-POP | Aug '12-POP/Off Prop| OCT '14-Off Prop
feezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #22
feezle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Cinnamon roll is a must several times on every trip for us, usually on way out of park for the night...best breakfast ever!
That is what I tried last time but when I went in they told me they were closed for the night.

Jul '96-Off Prop| Aug '04-Off Prop| Sept '06-SSR | May '08-POP| Sept '10-POR| Nov '11-POP | Aug '12-POP/Off Prop| OCT '14-Off Prop
feezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #23
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

We are planning our second family trip. I think this will be my fifth trip total. My list:

MK:
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Tiki Room
Space Mountain (was down for refurb during our 2009 trip)

Epcot:
Get my kids' reaction to Beverly (got DH's last time)
If we have time, watch the movies at the pavilions, but we will spend our time in the WS this year visiting the holiday storytellers and doing the Agent P missions.

DHS:
We only spent a half-day here last time, so we missed A LOT! Most important/fun for me would be:
TSM (was down when we went)
Beauty and the Beast
Muppets
Animation Academy
Great Movie Ride
and DH would enjoy Indiana Jones

AK:
Finding Nemo
Flights of Wonder
Expedition Everest (FP were gone last time )
Rafiki's Planet Watch

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
parlay
Mouseketeer

Rent and ride the sea raycers in the Seven Seas Lagoon, and play minature golf at the WinterWonderland and Fantastia mini courses!

parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

We did some things on our last trip we have not done in the past. Watched some of the shows, went to Rafiki's Planet Watch, and ate at some new restaurants. I just told my husband when we are there in September I want to go on the Liberty Square River Boat, go out to Tom Sawyers Island, visit The Hall of Presidents, watch the presidents show at EPCOT, and my son and husband are going to do the Segway tour of EPCOT. All things we've never done (except Tom Sawyers Island when the kids were little) - even after over 20 trips to WDW. This is my 2012 WDW bucket list!
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
BackstoryWorthy
Mouseketeer

Love this thread!

For the Holiday 2012 trip my small "yet accomplish-able knowing my limit" list is:

*Spaceship Earth - Really, as a youngster I refused to believe that it wasn't some horrid ski-lift style ride that us chickens couldn't bear - then on the last visit as a grownup - we were all too tired to ride!

*Norway in Epcot - I usually skipped it. I know nothing of school bread nor the caramel love nor the Maelstrom.

*Dumbo - Ok, I am not afraid of it but last time all the adults were perfectly paired with their kids and...yes, I just took their pictures. This time I RIDE!

*Cupcakes!/DOLE WHIP! - Ok would you believe I have never had either one at WDW? I know, why do I even post?

*Eating where I always wanted to when I was younger but....I wasn;t making the decisions then!

Last edited by BackstoryWorthy; 08-04-2012 at 09:10 PM.
BackstoryWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
Hidadsoup
Earning My Ears

5th trip and have never gotten to ride toy story mania (too crowded).
Still contemplating HOOP-DI-DOO $$$$$
Will see Hall of Presidents with boys
Stunt car show at HWS
Hidadsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Great thread! For our upcoming trip, we plan to go to Hoop Dee Doo, visit the Boardwalk area, and go to the water parks . We also try something new every visit, but have a list of must do's every year as well (like take the kids' photo behind the bars with Zurg)

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
EmilyJNS
Earning My Ears

My next trip (January 2013) includes:
Dessert Party for Wishes
Tequilla Cava
Toy Story Midway Mania- I have never been able to get a Fastpass

Some new things we did last trip (October 2011)
My husband played a round of golf at the Palm
He got me an In Room Celebration for my 30th Birthday
Rode the Railroad in Magic Kingdom

Always try to go to a new restaurant- and Dole Whip is a must!!
EmilyJNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
LazyDaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feezle View Post
Do it! There are no drops! I hate the drops too. The only coaster you need to worry about at WDW is Everest. Even Everest is not bad for a modern coaster.
Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean RRR has no drops? How is it a roller coaster without them? I'm confused!! (And one day I will be able to ride it, I swear! Haven't been able to yet with the kids.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: