Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #121
emma212010
DIS Veteran

An Early Dinner

Don't miss the four updates on page 8!!

An Early Dinner
June 20, 2012

We chose what we wanted to eat, and I went to scout a table (which wasn’t too hard since it was only 4:00pm). Of course I got bored while I was waiting, so I snapped some pictures of the food court.

I love these lights!

Good Luck Charlie was on in the kids section, and I had the perfect view! Obviously I had to watch it. It was an old episode, though!

When mom arrived with the food I directed my attention back to the task at hand- eating dinner.

I chose the Asian Chicken Salad. This came in a “to-go” container a lot like what you would get at a Chinese restaurant. It was very good and fresh, but such a large portion!! There was no way I could finish it because it was easy to get sick of the taste.

Mom ordered the Chicken Alfredo Penne. This was also really good, but it was very basic breaded chicken and pasta. It did the trick of filling our bellies and satisfying our hunger…for now! ;-)

We shared our meals so we could change up the tastes a bit! After our meal, we had to stop in the bathroom before continuing our exploration. Well, the pictures outside the bathroom are soo cool!!! I loved them so much!!

After my small distraction, we hopped onto a bus to DHS to transfer to another bus to get to CORONADO SPRINGS! Yes, I had never been there before, yet I’ve always wanted to. What better time than then to visit?

1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #122
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, your house looks great! That lake is gorgeous!!!

OMG. That one shadow box (I think the second one you had a pic of) was like my exact childhood, give or take a few things. But WOW. HAHAH.

Mmm dinner looks good! Makes me want Chinese.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #123
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your apartment is fantastic! WOW! That is some beautiful scenery surrounding you! My only problem - the walkway to your front door. As soon as I saw it, I started worrying about y'all slipping & falling on it when it snows. So be careful! Okay, now that I'm done with my "mom" warning, on to your POP updates!

I love all of the shadow box pictures! Those are great. There were so many things in those that reminded me of my childhood & made me smile.

That pasta looks good. I'm to sure about the salad though.

Looking forward to your Coronado pictures! Hope your internet gets fixed soon. I know that is frustrating.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #124
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Wow, updates galore! Great updates.

As you can see in my ticker below, we recently decided to head back to WDW in January, and we booked a Nemo room in AoA! I'm pretty sure some of your previous pictures had something to do with it.

BTW, I think it's unfair that where you live looks more like a vacation home. On a lake nonetheless!! When *I* was in college......just kidding. Actually just jealous.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #125
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Wowwww!! Your apartment looks so nice!!! It's so pretty there!!

Yay I am loving all these pictures of POP!!
I leave this time next week and you are getting me even more excited
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #126
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww, your house looks great! That lake is gorgeous!!!

OMG. That one shadow box (I think the second one you had a pic of) was like my exact childhood, give or take a few things. But WOW. HAHAH.

Mmm dinner looks good! Makes me want Chinese.
It's really amazing!! We got so lucky!!

I know!!!!!! It's crazy!!! It brought back so many memories!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your apartment is fantastic! WOW! That is some beautiful scenery surrounding you! My only problem - the walkway to your front door. As soon as I saw it, I started worrying about y'all slipping & falling on it when it snows. So be careful! Okay, now that I'm done with my "mom" warning, on to your POP updates!

I love all of the shadow box pictures! Those are great. There were so many things in those that reminded me of my childhood & made me smile.

That pasta looks good. I'm to sure about the salad though.

Looking forward to your Coronado pictures! Hope your internet gets fixed soon. I know that is frustrating.
I love it so much!! And yes, haha, my mom has DEFINITELY warned us about it many times! LOL! You're too sweet!

Those were so cool! So many memories from being a 90s kid!

It was pretty good! Nothing special, and it got old after a while, but the first several bites were yummy!

Thank you! They are coming right up because.... I JUST GOT INTERNET!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Wow, updates galore! Great updates.

As you can see in my ticker below, we recently decided to head back to WDW in January, and we booked a Nemo room in AoA! I'm pretty sure some of your previous pictures had something to do with it.

BTW, I think it's unfair that where you live looks more like a vacation home. On a lake nonetheless!! When *I* was in college......just kidding. Actually just jealous.
I had to get them in!! I felt so bad being MIA for so long!

Oh, yay! I am so excited to see those pictures! LOL! I'm excited to see inside the rooms!

Honestly, I stumbled upon this! My landlord works at the laboratory preschool we have on campus, and said she was looking for a tenant for the winter months. Of course we said YES! She actually does rent it out weekly during the summer because it is a really gorgeous piece of property!! But trust me, I hear the "you'll never get anything like this again" and "wow you are so lucky" enough from the Mom ! LOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Wowwww!! Your apartment looks so nice!!! It's so pretty there!!

Yay I am loving all these pictures of POP!!
I leave this time next week and you are getting me even more excited
It really is! We got so lucky!!!

OMG, that's soooo soon!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #127
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People

I HAVE INTERNET

That is all, we may continue with our regular scheduled program...

Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People part I
June 20, 2012

It was still raining pretty heavily when we arrived at CS, so I kept my camera in a super high-tech... gallon sized plastic bag () to keep it dry. I shot out of that, so I canít promise that the pictures are going to be of any high quality. Also, you might see a purple hue around the outside of the picture- thatís just the edge of the bag! LOL!

We got off the bus, and ducked under the nearest buildingís awning. This resort is beautiful! I really wish I couldíve seen it with better weather! There was a convention going on called HOSA- something for future medical students! There were young people in suits EVERYWHERE!! And I felt so badly for the girls in their heels and flats trying to walk in the pouring rain!

Mom is pointing to where we were. We wanted to get to El Centro! I didnít realize how spread out this resort is. At least it gave us the opportunity to see a lot of it!

We stopped by the Dig Site on our way to El Centro.

What a pretty sight!

I love my zoom!!!!

Some more zoomsÖ

Again, I was having a really hard time seeing what I was actually taking a picture of. Thatís why some of the shots may be crooked or off center! LOL, it happened a lot!

We took this bridge and continued around the water.

(^Purple Edge)

I just love the colors at this resort!

Continued in Next Post

Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #128
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People part II

Coronado Springs and a Heck of A LOT of People part II
June 20, 2012

We made it to El Centro, and went into the lobby first.

This carpet is so pretty!!

So, when I turned around to look at the wall behind me, I snapped this picture, but it wasnít until I looked at it on my screen that I realized itís a hidden Mickey!! How cool is that??

We made our way into Panchitos to do some shopping!!

I love him!

I love the details in this shop! Like the three Amigos:

And the ceiling!

I just thought this little area was adorable!!

We picked out our buys, and paid at the counter. I really wanted to see more of the inside because it was so rainy out, but apparently everyone else thought so too. Also, it must have been dinner time for the HOSA kids because the food court was PACKED. I mean wall to wall, black and white dressed teenagers EVERYWHERE! Like, loud, happy, excited teenagers. In small groups itís bearable, but HOLY MOLEY was it overwhelming. Mom and I could barely even hear each other, let alone WALK anywhere. We decided just to take a look and leave, no photos were possible!

We left lickedy split, and made our way to the bus stop in the pouring rain. I love how each resort has its own trashcan logo. LOL!

We were on our way to see the Wilderness Lodge, so we took a bus to Epcot (the first one that arrived), and decided to be a bit creative while exploring Disneyís transportation system. From Epcot, we took a monorail to the TTC. Then we boarded another monorail to the MK where we got on a boat to Wilderness Lodge. We donít discriminate here. All modes of transportation are equal to us! LOL! We didnít have to wait long for a boat, but it was raining still pretty hard, and when we did get on the boat it was SOAKED!!! I was on the outside, and I actually sat in a puddle! Oddly, it was a pretty full boat over to WL, so we all crammed ourselves on! LOL!

Ok, so funny storyÖ We were pretty close to the first family on the boat. After we had been sitting and waiting for others to load, a couple sit down on the bench in front of us. Well, one look at their backs, and I almost lost it right there! It was the funniest thing! They both had Disney ponchos on, but the womanís was inside out, and Mickey didnít have a face!! Everything else was the same except for poor Mickeyís face!! I just had to snap a picture!

We made it to the WL, but again, it was heavily raining, so I really apologize for these pictures! I really hope I can visit again without the rain because it is an absolutely beautiful resort!!

We got inside, and made our way up the ramp to the main lobby.

I love the theming! Itís so woodsy and reminds me of home a bit even though itís supposed to be the Northwest instead of the back woods of the Northeast! LOL!

We passed Roaring Fork on our way.

I love the little details and information they have here! Itís so cool!

Such a breathtaking lobby!

So cute!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #129
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

So glad you got your internet!

I love your CSR pictures! I was expecting them to be all blurry from the bag but they were crystal clear!

HAHAH those ponchos. Didn't you tweet that picture? It seems oddly familiar!

Ahhh Wilderness Lodge. I've never even been there but I love it. It's so pretty!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #130
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

WHEW!!! I am sooooo glad Emma has her internet! I was starting to sweat thinking I might have to fill in here and I don't have nearly the memory for detail she has! Isn't her apt lovely? But of course, overconcerned and protective Mother that I am, I'm worried to death about that ramp down to their place. AND there's no outside light there, so if they get back in the dark and it's icy...ARGH! Okay, breathe, Mom, breathe.

ANYWAY, great update Em!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #131
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
So glad you got your internet!

I love your CSR pictures! I was expecting them to be all blurry from the bag but they were crystal clear!

HAHAH those ponchos. Didn't you tweet that picture? It seems oddly familiar!

Ahhh Wilderness Lodge. I've never even been there but I love it. It's so pretty!!
Me too!!!

Thank you! Well, actually I made a makeshift umbrella with the plastic bag for my camera! So I held it inside the bag, but the bag was open and the top kind of shielded the rain a bit! LOL! It worked pretty well actually!

I think I did! It was just too funny not to!

It's so beautiful!! You have to go next trip to check it out! I wish I could see it at Christmas time sooooo badly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
WHEW!!! I am sooooo glad Emma has her internet! I was starting to sweat thinking I might have to fill in here and I don't have nearly the memory for detail she has! Isn't her apt lovely? But of course, overconcerned and protective Mother that I am, I'm worried to death about that ramp down to their place. AND there's no outside light there, so if they get back in the dark and it's icy...ARGH! Okay, breathe, Mom, breathe.

ANYWAY, great update Em!
Thanks Mom!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #132
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I think all of your pictures turned out great!

I must admit that I've never had much interest CSR. But, the grounds look really pretty. And the lobby is so nice!

Awwww....Wilderness Lodge! Takes me back to our wonderful vacation last year. That lobby is definitely breathtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I love it so much!! And yes, haha, my mom has DEFINITELY warned us about it many times! LOL! You're too sweet!
I'm glad you didn't min my "mom warning".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post

ANYWAY, great update Em!
I'm right there with you about that ramp!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #133
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think all of your pictures turned out great!

I must admit that I've never had much interest CSR. But, the grounds look really pretty. And the lobby is so nice!

Awwww....Wilderness Lodge! Takes me back to our wonderful vacation last year. That lobby is definitely breathtaking.
Thank you!

I actually forgot about CSR a bit, but I've never been and really wanted to see it! It really is pretty! I was surprised at how nice it is!

It's so pretty and majestic! You have two weeks till your trip!!!! Ahhhh!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #134
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Arrgh I had a reply typed and the darn iPhone app timed out. Wah!

Sigh.

I love love love your apartment! Can I move in an kayak every day? That looks heavenly.

You guys are the resort hopping touring commandos! I think that salad looks yummy and if I ever get to POP I could probably look at those shadow boxes for hours. Bummer that the rain and convention kids were a factor but you still saw a ton!

Great updates and photos!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #135
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Arrgh I had a reply typed and the darn iPhone app timed out. Wah!

Sigh.

I love love love your apartment! Can I move in an kayak every day? That looks heavenly.

You guys are the resort hopping touring commandos! I think that salad looks yummy and if I ever get to POP I could probably look at those shadow boxes for hours. Bummer that the rain and convention kids were a factor but you still saw a ton!

Great updates and photos!
Thank you!! LOL! We kayak as much as possible, but lately it's been getting chilly!! Noooo early winter!!!!!

We wanted to see as much as possible this trip, but we were getting pretty tired already! It was the coolest thing to see the shadow boxes from my mom and my childhoods! It really was like a time machine!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: