Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I am LOVING all of the pictures! I love photo heavy TRs so you won't hear any complaints from me!

The Cars section looks absolutely adorable! I really wish I could justify a suite for our family of 3, but I just can't. Especially at those prices.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #77
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Alright I'm all caught up! Yay!!

WOW you guys got up early! Nothing can get us out of bed like a trip to Disney!

That's awesome that you got a flight attendant with a sense of humor! Usually they're so serious!

YAY POP! I love that place so much!

Awww the complimentary shampoo with the Mickey head on top is too cute! I haven't seen those before!

AHH I'm so excited about your AoA pictures! I will hopefully be staying there on my next trip in one of the Little Mermaid rooms!

Thank you for your review of the AoA food court! That is so exciting, and it sounds like an amazing food court!

Haha the diva director is hilarious! But really, I LOVE all of your AoA photos! POP has always been my favorite value, but I think I'll like this one even better!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #78
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I honestly can't get over Art of Animation. I feel like they couldn't have done a better job designing it!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #79
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Excellent!!! I LOVE the pics!!! The whole atmosphere and theming is quite impressive...especially the Cars section. Wow! My kids would love it for sure. Do you remember which sections have the suites? Aren't some sections regular rooms? I'm thinking a long weekend would be good for AoA. It looks HUGE!!!!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #80
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Excellent pics! I find it a little curious that the commercial production crew was out filming on such a cloudy day - oh well, maybe they were up against a tight deadline The lack of a bright blue sky with sunshine would bother me more than the pebbles! I can see on one of your pictures what you mean by the incoming rain - those clouds looked dark. Hope it didn't put a damper on the rest of your day!
Thank you! I thought that was weird too! We were actually saying the same thing when we were watching. I agree!! Yes, the clouds were very dark and scary looking, but we made the best of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I am LOVING all of the pictures! I love photo heavy TRs so you won't hear any complaints from me!

The Cars section looks absolutely adorable! I really wish I could justify a suite for our family of 3, but I just can't. Especially at those prices.
Thank you!! LOL, good because this is going to be extremely photo heavy!!

It really is! I would love to stay there, but you're so right, it is way too expensive to justify!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Alright I'm all caught up! Yay!!

WOW you guys got up early! Nothing can get us out of bed like a trip to Disney!

That's awesome that you got a flight attendant with a sense of humor! Usually they're so serious!

YAY POP! I love that place so much!

Awww the complimentary shampoo with the Mickey head on top is too cute! I haven't seen those before!

AHH I'm so excited about your AoA pictures! I will hopefully be staying there on my next trip in one of the Little Mermaid rooms!

Thank you for your review of the AoA food court! That is so exciting, and it sounds like an amazing food court!

Haha the diva director is hilarious! But really, I LOVE all of your AoA photos! POP has always been my favorite value, but I think I'll like this one even better!
Yay! Welcome back!! I love getting up early for Disney because that means you have most of the day to spend there!! I love them too!! They weren't at POFQ which is so weird! I think those soaps are adorable! Yay! I can't wait to hear about your stay in the Mermaid section! I wish more of it was open so we could have seen it. It's such a well-themed resort! And the food court- OMG delish!!!!! I know!!! He was hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I honestly can't get over Art of Animation. I feel like they couldn't have done a better job designing it!
It's so amazing! I love that place!! I can't wait to see the rest of the sections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Excellent!!! I LOVE the pics!!! The whole atmosphere and theming is quite impressive...especially the Cars section. Wow! My kids would love it for sure. Do you remember which sections have the suites? Aren't some sections regular rooms? I'm thinking a long weekend would be good for AoA. It looks HUGE!!!!

Heather
Thank you!! It really is great! The only section that has regular rooms is the Mermaid which will be the last to open. I'd love to stay in the other sections, but we just can't justify a suite for us two! It's an amazing resort and is definitely worth a stay! I hope you do end up staying there! I'd love to hear about it.
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #81
emma212010
DIS Veteran

More Art of Animation Exploration

More Art of Animation Exploration
June 20, 2012

When I last left off, it was starting to rain. We had just watched the filming of a commercial advertizing the new Cars section at AoA, and we wondered how they were going to get the equipment to a dry place! We knew where we were going, though! Back we went into Animation Hall.

Here is when I took more pictures of the lobby. We entered through the same door as before (off the pool area). When you walk in, immediately to the right is a beautiful mural of a bunch of movie art. They werenít exactly from the cartoons because they were stylized. I didnít get the entire wall on photo, but I did get some!

The area where you check in is very colorful, and has such cool details.

You can see the desk on the right side of the picture which has all of those lights of the colors of the rainbow behind it. On the left is a mural that is supposed to be shown as the process of creating an animated film. When you check in, you see the concept art in black and white sketches and it slowly becomes more recognizable as our favorite and colorful animated characters. We went backwards through the lobby, but Iím going to post the pictures in the order you would see them in if you were checking in.

This is the view of the check in desk from the front entrance.

We wanted to check out the gift shop because we knew they were selling resort specific merchandise. I wish that I had taken more pictures in the store, but for some reason I didnít.

I really had to go to the bathroom after this, and WOW was it pink! LOL! I want this in my bathroom:

The rain had slowed, so we decided to head back to Pop because we also wanted to check out that resort too since weíve never stayed there. On the way out, I ventured over to the construction walls blocking off the entrance to the Lion King section. You can see Pride Rock from a distance.

Hereís a close up of Simba:

Rafiki!!

More theming:

Cool!! I canít wait to see that section! Lion King is my DBFís favorite Disney movie, and he was excited when he saw the pictures! Heís never been to WDW, so hopefully I can take him soon because I think heíll love it! We would have to make a special trip over to AoA to see this once itís open.
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #82
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

The lobby section with the check-in counter looks great - looks more like a Vegas hotel

Great pictures of the decor. My DD6 was looking at the pics with me and she told me to stop scrolling when we reached the Ink and Paint Shop photos, and says "Ahhh. Let me just look at that pretty picture for awhile."

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #83
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Loving all of the pictures!

That check-in desk is BRIGHT! WoW! I mean, it's pretty. But, I might get a headache if I worked around those lights all day.

I do love all the art work, from the sketches to the stylized pictures, in the lobby. Those are all fantastic!

The gift shop looks really cute! And that bathroom! Love the pink tiles on the walls.

The Lion King section looks like it's going to be great!

I'm interested to see what y'all think of POP. We'll probably do 1 or 2 nights of Disney either before or after our cruise. If we do a value hotel, I'm thinking we would choose POP.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #84
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The Lion King section opens like, next week or something! I can't wait until the resort is fully open, it's gonna be amazing when it's all complete!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #85
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
The lobby section with the check-in counter looks great - looks more like a Vegas hotel

Great pictures of the decor. My DD6 was looking at the pics with me and she told me to stop scrolling when we reached the Ink and Paint Shop photos, and says "Ahhh. Let me just look at that pretty picture for awhile."
It does! Very funny!

Awww, that is adorable!! It's a great shop, and I don't know why I didn't take more pictures in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Loving all of the pictures!

That check-in desk is BRIGHT! WoW! I mean, it's pretty. But, I might get a headache if I worked around those lights all day.

I do love all the art work, from the sketches to the stylized pictures, in the lobby. Those are all fantastic!

The gift shop looks really cute! And that bathroom! Love the pink tiles on the walls.

The Lion King section looks like it's going to be great!

I'm interested to see what y'all think of POP. We'll probably do 1 or 2 nights of Disney either before or after our cruise. If we do a value hotel, I'm thinking we would choose POP.
Thank you!

Yes! Very bright! I would definitely get a headache there all day!

I love the lobby! It's so pretty, and I wish I could like stare at every single image! BUT that would take forever!!

It really is! The pink is a bit much, but it was so pretty!!

I can't wait to see the Lion King section open. I am now kicking myself for not getting closer to the walls to hold my camera over! I was too scared!

Pop is nice, very colorful and larger than life, but cute and happy feeling! Reid would love it! And it's always fun to look down memory lane for a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The Lion King section opens like, next week or something! I can't wait until the resort is fully open, it's gonna be amazing when it's all complete!
Welcome home!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

YAY! I can't wait to see it! I WILL be stalking that thread to see all of the pictures!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #86
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow Art of Animation looks gorgeous from your pics....I now really want to stay here one day.

The lion king section looks like it is going to be gorgeous, and I'm also super excited to see the Little Mermaid side.

Can't wait to hear more

mermaid764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #87
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Love your TR so far! Port Orleans is also a favorite resort of ours but the Art of Animation resort looks really cool! Can't wait to read more!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #88
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

The kids and I are secretly trying to convince DH to do a long weekend at AoA...but he's not taking the bait They want to go to SeaWorld for the day, so why not try AoA while we're in the area....makes perfect sense to us. Anywho....you're pics have convinced me to give it a try Is the check-in area as big as it looks??!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #89
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Wow Art of Animation looks gorgeous from your pics....I now really want to stay here one day.

The lion king section looks like it is going to be gorgeous, and I'm also super excited to see the Little Mermaid side.

Can't wait to hear more
Thank you! I would love to stay there too! I hope you do get the chance!

I really can't wait for it all to be open! It calls for another trip to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Love your TR so far! Port Orleans is also a favorite resort of ours but the Art of Animation resort looks really cool! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it! POFQ is so amazing!! I can't wait to get there in this TR! But I'm going to take my time since I don't know when I'll be back to WDW! I want to savor this as much as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
The kids and I are secretly trying to convince DH to do a long weekend at AoA...but he's not taking the bait They want to go to SeaWorld for the day, so why not try AoA while we're in the area....makes perfect sense to us. Anywho....you're pics have convinced me to give it a try Is the check-in area as big as it looks??!
Oh, that would be great! I mean, where else would you stay??
YES! The check-in area is HUGE! Very much like Pop. It's definitely bigger than both of the Port Orleans resorts. And very colorful, too!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #90
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Pop Century Expedition

Pop Century Expedition
June 20, 2012

As we were leaving, we walked down the other side of the pool to get a different perspective and see more details.

Crush!

Fishy kisses!

Bruce silhouette on the opposite building.

Another pool area shot:

Dory close up!

The path we were on:

Looking across at the Little Mermaid section:

I LOVE MY ZOOM!

Back across the Generation Gap Bridge we go!

Some guy was spraying the pavement. LOL!

Hereís the Pop directory:

Some shots of our groooovy home for the night!

Continued in next post...

Last edited by emma212010; 08-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: