Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #61
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Joining...enjoying your TR.
Welcome!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Joining in!
Art of Animation looks so cool, I need to stay there one day- that's awesome how they shrink you down to the size of Nemo and Friends

Yay! Welcome!!

Yes! It's awesome!!! You definitely need to!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #62
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Lunch at Art of Animation

Landscape of Flavors Lunch!
June 20, 2012

We went to the Animation Hall to have lunch!

We walked in, and O.M.G. it was so well done! We didnít stop for many pictures as we were very hungry, but I did get lots after lunch!

Itís not a great one, but hereís a photo of the really cool structure hanging in the lobby:

So cool! I promise there will be more photos later! We went through the gift shop of which we explored after lunch to escape the first shower of the trip!

A quick view as we were running through!

To go here:

This place is amazing! I think itís one of the best food courts on property because of the selection! I mean there are SO MANY CHOICES! They have a create your own salad, pasta, and burger, as well as specialty burgers (Surf and Surf burger, Pastrami Cheeseburger, Vegetable Burger). They have a several types of Tandoori, a grilled fish, and a beef stir fry. Oh, and why not throw a Meatball Sandwich in there too? The prices are also not bad at all! The most expensive item is a large pizza for $15.49. Most of the entrees are under $10.00! (Info borrowed from wdwinfo.com) I think that is a great thing for families because dining is such a huge expense in WDW!

For our lunch, we were drawn to the burger station. Yes, I know, I know burgers in Disney, but it was the first day and we had A TON of eating to do over the next 5 days! I decided to design my own burger! I had cheddar cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and barbeque sauce on it. This was very good! Cooked perfectly (well done for me) and was served with fries. These were a bit soggy, but they tasted good. We noticed that there was a lot of bun to go with the burger, but it was multigrain and we thought it was very good! It was interesting that the meals were served in reusable baskets instead of paper plates. It definitely made the meal look nicer all while reducing waste! Winning! Mom had the Pastrami Cheeseburger which she thought was excellent and very tasty. She chose cole slaw to go with her burger. This was good, but nothing too special!

Here is my burger:

And Momís burger:

For dessert we explored their bakery section! There were so many choices!!

It all looked good, but it was hot, and I was in the mood for ice cream! They had several kinds of gelato there. I chose torrane which is almond and honey and also a scoop of chocolate! This was so good!!! Very rich and creamy delicious!!!

Mom got the Everything Brownie! O.M.G. was this good!!!! It was very smooth like brownie mix instead of the finished brownie! It wasnít cakey at all! Mom doesnít like baked goods, but she thought this was outstanding because it was so moist and delicious! There were also a bunch of toppings on top- basically everything hence the Everything Brownie! LOL!

Look at this beauty!

Unfortunately I didnít take many pictures of the inside of the food court. However, it was beautiful! Each section of seating was a different landscape from a different movie! For example, we ate our lunch in the Mermaid section where it looked like we were under water. There were banners that looked like coral hanging from the ceiling, and the light fixtures had fish! We went back to get dessert and ended up eating in the Lion King section which had pretty murals of an African landscape on the walls and a light fixture that looked like a tree on the ceiling. This is the only picture I have of the eating areas which I am kicking myself for! Itís the Mermaid section as viewed from the Lion King section. LOL, I donít know why I do things!

I also have a very fuzzy picture of the food area in the food court. Again, I apologize for the lacking quality (and quantity) of pictures! Trust me, it gets better!

Overall, the Landscape of Flavors food court is amazing! From food variety and quality to service to overall atmosphere, it receives an A from us! We didn't try the other food choices, but we thoroughly enjoyed our burgers, and were glad to be eating Disney food again!

Up next Cars section!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #63
Celizd
Earning My Ears

OMG!! that brownie looks delish!!!!
Celizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #64
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I've seen a lot of pictures of Landscape of Flavors since it opened, so I know what you're saying! All the sections are genius. That whole place is so well done! It's such a nice thing for a Value Resort!

All the food looks good, but the dessert case and what yall had for dessert all look DELICIOUS. WOW WOW WOW. What was that delectable looking thing with sprinkles all over it? And is that a crazy straw? Good grief!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #65
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I love how they themed sections of the food court as well. That is really cool!

And y'alls lunch looks really yummy!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #66
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Yeah, that brownie was ACE! It really did taste like just brownie batter - Emma's right, I don't like baked goods that much, but I LOVE batter! Hahah! Go figure! So THAT bad boy was right up my alley along with all of the toppings!!! Yup, I was in heaven. My waistline was like, "Uh, oh, we're back in Disney - prepare for expansion!!!" (Yeah, you think the Fantasyland expansion is big, HAH!) Working it off the rest of the summer!!!

And who'd have thought Pastrami on a burger would work? Sooooo good!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #67
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up. AofA looks amazing. I really want to stay in one of the Mermaid rooms if we get a chance before my son gets to the "Eeewwww, that's for girls!" stage of life. Unless we have more travelers, I can't do one of the suites.

It was almost strange seeing the resort's busses around the property. I kept thinking "What is that bus for?" Then I would remember. I've been wondering if they will eventually share with Pop. I think one of the bid draws Pop has over the All-Stars is the fact they had their own bus whereas the All-Stars share quite a bit.

That food court and the grounds looked amazing though.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #68
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on making it to Pop! Love the pics...it's bringing back good memories

Wow how cool that you got to check out AoA...it looks so pretty! I'd love to stay there one day...think I would want to check into The Lion King or Little Mermaid section.

Okay your review and pics of the Animation Hall just sold it to me..on my next trip (which I'm hoping will be next year) I'm so staying here!!!

Mmm yummy dessets...I miss my Disney treats! That Everything Brownie just looks sooo good!!!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #69
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celizd View Post
OMG!! that brownie looks delish!!!!
Oh it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I've seen a lot of pictures of Landscape of Flavors since it opened, so I know what you're saying! All the sections are genius. That whole place is so well done! It's such a nice thing for a Value Resort!

All the food looks good, but the dessert case and what yall had for dessert all look DELICIOUS. WOW WOW WOW. What was that delectable looking thing with sprinkles all over it? And is that a crazy straw? Good grief!
Ok, good! It's so elaborate and hard to explain!!

Oh, it was!! You crack me up!!! I think it was 3 marshmallows on a straw dipped in chocolate and sprinkles! I don't like marshmallows, but I would have loved the straw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love how they themed sections of the food court as well. That is really cool!

And y'alls lunch looks really yummy!
YES! They are amazing! LOL the food was amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I'm caught up. AofA looks amazing. I really want to stay in one of the Mermaid rooms if we get a chance before my son gets to the "Eeewwww, that's for girls!" stage of life. Unless we have more travelers, I can't do one of the suites.

It was almost strange seeing the resort's busses around the property. I kept thinking "What is that bus for?" Then I would remember. I've been wondering if they will eventually share with Pop. I think one of the bid draws Pop has over the All-Stars is the fact they had their own bus whereas the All-Stars share quite a bit.

That food court and the grounds looked amazing though.
It really is! I would love to stay there, but I just don't think we can justify the price for just us two. The Mermaid rooms are standard sized, so it would be better, but I just don't know what the rate will be. Aww, don't you wish that never happened!! My brother (8 years old) is a very "boyish" boy!

I don't think they will combine the buses! They are both pretty big resorts. I think there's just too much demand for buses at Pop and AoA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on making it to Pop! Love the pics...it's bringing back good memories

Wow how cool that you got to check out AoA...it looks so pretty! I'd love to stay there one day...think I would want to check into The Lion King or Little Mermaid section.

Okay your review and pics of the Animation Hall just sold it to me..on my next trip (which I'm hoping will be next year) I'm so staying here!!!

Mmm yummy dessets...I miss my Disney treats! That Everything Brownie just looks sooo good!!!
Oh, I'm sure it is!! We go exploring Pop after AoA, so there are WAYYYY more Pop pictures!!

It's a great resort! I can't wait until the other sections are open!

Well, good!! I hope you do stay there! I can't wait to hear about it! And YAY, a trip next year!!??

We were actually just talking about that Brownie! My mom said it's not fair that we have to get full! It's true, though! I would love to just eat and eat and eat!!!!! I miss Disney food!!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #70
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Nice! It's huge....and where are all the people???? It doesn't appear to be congested or crowded at all. The desserts look amazing, too. I think we might could do a couple of nights there....looks promising.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #71
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Nice! It's huge....and where are all the people???? It doesn't appear to be congested or crowded at all. The desserts look amazing, too. I think we might could do a couple of nights there....looks promising.
Hi Heather! It wasn't crowded at all, we were pleasantly surprised the entire trip because we had anticipated huge summer crowds. It would be fun to spend a few nights there - I really liked the Cars section and I'm excited to see the Little Mermaid section!!!

- Nancy
Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #72
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
It is! There really weren't a lot of people at all! It was really nice! Like my mom said, we were really pleasantly surprised with the crowd levels! It may have been due to the rain, but we didn't experience the usual high crowds. Did you notice that at all?

Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #73
emma212010
DIS Veteran

"Quiet on the Set! And, ACTION!" part 1

Quiet on the Set! And ACTION!
June 20, 2012

After lunch, we wanted to explore the Cars section. While we were eating our desserts, we noticed through the windows a train of people carrying serious looking equipment. We initially thought it was a party or something for the guests like they occasionally do by the pools. However, as more and more people walked by with bigger and bigger equipment, we assumed it was something bigger! We finished our desserts, and hurried outside to take pictures before the big down pour and see what was going on.

We made our way out of the building and towards the Cars section.

Oh, and get ready for the first picture overload of the TR!

The theming is so cool!!!

So, once we got over there, we realized that they were shooting a commercial for the new Cars section! It was so cool to watch! We stood there for a good 15 minutes watching the whole production. It was a lot of fun! The director was too funny! He kept yelling at people to keep the pebbles off the pathway! Mom, being the play director she is, thought it was very funny and understood the pickiness. Here are the pictures.

I love my zoom!

Continued in next post...

Last edited by emma212010; 07-25-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #74
emma212010
DIS Veteran

"Quiet on the Set! And, ACTION!" part 2

Continued-

The infamous pebbles:

You all still with me?? That was NOTHING! I havenít even made a DENT in the photos from this trip! LOL! It will definitely be a photo heavy TR! Thatís a good thing, though, right? Right? I just want you to get the FULL experience!

We had enough of the directorís yelling and production assistantsí running around, so we decided to turn back and check out more of Pop. Before we left, I made a stop at my favorite police car.

Oh, and random, but hereís the AoA Directory! LOL!

Itís very much like Pop, but I think the theming is way better!

Before we left Pop, we wanted to check out the gift shop at AoA because we heard they have resort specific merchandise. PLUS, it was starting to RAIN! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn......

Last edited by emma212010; 07-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #75
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Excellent pics! I find it a little curious that the commercial production crew was out filming on such a cloudy day - oh well, maybe they were up against a tight deadline The lack of a bright blue sky with sunshine would bother me more than the pebbles! I can see on one of your pictures what you mean by the incoming rain - those clouds looked dark. Hope it didn't put a damper on the rest of your day!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: