Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #181
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit of a Rope Drop junkie...for real! Love, love, love it!!! It's just something about being there super early...crowds are low...rides are empty...temperatures are low....what more can I say Can't wait to see the new Fantasy Land! Dumbo looks awesome, but no surprise. I wouldn't expect any less from Disney. Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #182
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Loving your zoom! You are off to a lovely lovely start, now that you are in. Just seeing pictures of Dumbo makes me smile, the colors are so pretty now!

Early mornings at the MK are just magical.
I love it too!! Yes, the day is looking up! Dumbo is just such a fun and feel-good ride!

They really are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like y'all had a nice weekend for your cousin's wedding. She made a very pretty bride!

Woo Hoo! for getting checked in @ POFQ & over to MK! But Boo! on the madness trying to get through the turnstile! How aggravating!

Sounds like y'all were off to a good start that day in MK!
Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful trip, and I'm excited to hear all about it!! I applaud you for catching up on this TR so quickly!! It took me FOREVER to catch up on the ones I was following when I got back!

We really did! It was great to see our family, and yes, she was a very pretty and happy bride!

I love POFQ!! I was so excited to check in! Yes, it was a headache, but the day definitely improved!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #183
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I'm a bit of a Rope Drop junkie...for real! Love, love, love it!!! It's just something about being there super early...crowds are low...rides are empty...temperatures are low....what more can I say Can't wait to see the new Fantasy Land! Dumbo looks awesome, but no surprise. I wouldn't expect any less from Disney. Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!!
I do too! It's a perfect combination of all the good stuff at Disney! I totally agree! FL looks like it's going to be amazing- obviously ... I've been stalking the picture updates of the construction, and I CANNOT wait to see it in person!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #184
emma212010
DIS Veteran

To Infinity... AND BEYOND!

To Infinity... AND BEYOND!
June 21, 2012

We were walking out of Tomorrowland when we realized that Buzz only had a 10 minute wait, so we hopped in line!

I took pictures, so my score was shameful….I’m not very good at these types of games anyway! Even though I’m very competitive! LOL!

Ride photo- I had my game face on! LOL!

We rode the TTA right after, and took in the atmosphere! We were in the Magic Kingdom!!! Yay!!!

It wasn’t very busy yet in Tomorrowland- which always makes for nice pictures!

We hadn’t had breakfast yet, and we were saving it for something special!

Getting closer….

Drum roll please……….

Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #185
emma212010
DIS Veteran

The main street bakery

THE MAIN STREET BAKERY
June 21, 2012

Sooo, what'll it be for breakfast??

THE MAIN STREET BAKERY CINNAMON ROLLS!!!!! Let the angels sing! This thing is beautiful! OMG, I’m craving one right now!

While we were waiting, I took some pictures of the delectable food! YUM!

And there it is, at the end of the line… it’s so beautiful!

We were splitting one, so we asked for two plates, and the CM gave us the biggest roll on the tray!!! I was so excited to eat this!!

It was about 9:30 when we left the Bakery, and we decided to use our Space Mountain FPs.

Holy cow, was that ride fun!!! I hadn’t ridden it in a very long time, and it was just so fun! I was in the front, and it was the craziest feeling EVER! OMG, it was my favorite!

We then went over to cool off in The Carousel of Progress.

We rode the TTA one more time before heading into Storybook Circus to take pictures.

I love these little peanuts! They look so real!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #186
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Great update, my Emma! I'm craving ANY of those pastries about now! hahahah!! Lordy, I wish we were there right now! Especially because it SNOWED today here in Vermont! Yup, October 12th and it snowed - a lot! Luckily it didn't stick, but it sure was cold! *sigh* Dreaming of palm trees and Disney magic!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #187
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

There's something about a picture of baked goods... even if you don't particularly like some of the pastries, they all look SO GOOD when they're together like that. YUM YUM.

I can't believe the size of that cinnamon roll! That's the size of like, 6 regular sized ones combined!

Love all your pictures! I agree, Storybook Circus is the cutest!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #188
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Your new camera officially rocks, though I suspect your use of it has a lot to do with it as well. Love the colors and clarity in your buzz pictures and the picture of the two of you is a riot!

That cinnamon roll is HUGE! No way could I eat a whole one.

Though at the moment I'd be tempted to try.

Fun update.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #189
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Mmmmm, I want a cinnamon roll, like right now!!!

Love the pics at storybook circus... The theming is fantastic!

Man, now I'm really craving one of those cinnamon rolls!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #190
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love Space Mountain too... it's so disorienting in a good way...

Love your photo of "new" Dumbo... great details...like the peanuts in the ground...

Everyone who has those cinnamon rolls raves about them... I'm going have to try them...(supposedly the icing is cream cheese and you can ask for extra?)

I'm glad that you and you mom are so obviously having such a good time together...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #191
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Ok, how come I have never gotten one of those cinnamon rolls?!? OMG! That thing looks delicious! I don't think I knew how yummy those things look or else I'm sure I would have treated myself to one of those by now. I love cinnamon rolls. I am ALWAYS in the mood for a good cinnamon roll.

Sounds like y'all were having a fun day in MK! I'm not good at Buzz either - don't feel bad.

Love the Storybook Circus pictures. I really think Disney did a fantastic job in that area especially with the little details like the peanuts in the walkway at Dumbo.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #192
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Emma, I love the pics of the castle!! You can never have too many It didn't look crowded at all...lucky yall...or either you were just super duper early. The People Mover (TTA) is probably one of my favorite rides, silly as that may sound. I love riding it when it's really hot and ya need a break. Glad the weather has finally cleared for yall...looks perfect!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #193
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Great update, my Emma! I'm craving ANY of those pastries about now! hahahah!! Lordy, I wish we were there right now! Especially because it SNOWED today here in Vermont! Yup, October 12th and it snowed - a lot! Luckily it didn't stick, but it sure was cold! *sigh* Dreaming of palm trees and Disney magic!!!!
Thanks!! I know! They look sooo good! No snow here to speak of yet, but it sure is cold!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
There's something about a picture of baked goods... even if you don't particularly like some of the pastries, they all look SO GOOD when they're together like that. YUM YUM.

I can't believe the size of that cinnamon roll! That's the size of like, 6 regular sized ones combined!

Love all your pictures! I agree, Storybook Circus is the cutest!
Oh, I know!! It's like everything looks delicious. I just loooove the bakery!

Right?? It tastes better than like 6 combined too! It's so good, and I am craving one right now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Your new camera officially rocks, though I suspect your use of it has a lot to do with it as well. Love the colors and clarity in your buzz pictures and the picture of the two of you is a riot!

That cinnamon roll is HUGE! No way could I eat a whole one.

Though at the moment I'd be tempted to try.

Fun update.
Thank you! LOL, I'm pretty amateur, but the camera sure makes it easy!

Isn't it?? My goodness, it is just amazingly delicious but I'm with ya! NO WAY I could eat the whole thing in one sitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Mmmmm, I want a cinnamon roll, like right now!!!

Love the pics at storybook circus... The theming is fantastic!

Man, now I'm really craving one of those cinnamon rolls!
Me too!

Thank you! I love that area! It's so cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the new Fantasyland!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I love Space Mountain too... it's so disorienting in a good way...

Love your photo of "new" Dumbo... great details...like the peanuts in the ground...

Everyone who has those cinnamon rolls raves about them... I'm going have to try them...(supposedly the icing is cream cheese and you can ask for extra?)

I'm glad that you and you mom are so obviously having such a good time together...
I agree! It's so much fun.

Thank you! It's such a cool area!

NO WAY???!!!! Extra?? I might die! I would have to be in a cinnamon roll mood to have extra icing because it was amazing even with the normal amount.

Thank you! We do! Disney has always been our "thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Ok, how come I have never gotten one of those cinnamon rolls?!? OMG! That thing looks delicious! I don't think I knew how yummy those things look or else I'm sure I would have treated myself to one of those by now. I love cinnamon rolls. I am ALWAYS in the mood for a good cinnamon roll.

Sounds like y'all were having a fun day in MK! I'm not good at Buzz either - don't feel bad.

Love the Storybook Circus pictures. I really think Disney did a fantastic job in that area especially with the little details like the peanuts in the walkway at Dumbo.
It really is!! You MUST try it next time, but it is huge, so sharing may be necessary! Cinnamon rolls are my favorite!!

I'm a very competitive person, so I always get so mad because my score is always horrible! LOL! This time I made the excuse of picture taking!

Thank you!! I agree! Everything is just so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Emma, I love the pics of the castle!! You can never have too many It didn't look crowded at all...lucky yall...or either you were just super duper early. The People Mover (TTA) is probably one of my favorite rides, silly as that may sound. I love riding it when it's really hot and ya need a break. Glad the weather has finally cleared for yall...looks perfect!

Heather
Thank you! And, I agree! The castle is my favorite thing to photograph! No, the crowds were very light that morning! It was nice, and the sky was clear too! That changed, as I'm sure you know! The TTA is also one of my favorites! It's so relaxing and a great way to take a break! We rode it MANY times this trip!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #194
emma212010
DIS Veteran

All Aboard!!

All Aboard!!
June 21, 2012

We hopped on the train, and I just sat quietly and twiddled my thumbs…. JUST KIDDING! I took pictures!!!! Again. I’m seriously in love with my camera…it only gets worse people!! Get out now if you are not a picture lover… although I’m not really sure who doesn’t love pictures?? Maybe I just love them too much? Hmmm, I think there’s a balance… I just haven’t found it! Ok, enough rambling! Let’s see some PICTURES!!!!!

We rode an entire loop, and then another stop, so we could get off at the front of the park.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #195
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Alooooooohaaaaaaaa!

Aloooooohaaaaaa!
June21, 2012

We grabbed the stuff from the locker, and got in line for the monorail!

There was a security dog sniffing out criminals in all of the cars! There was extra security because of the presidential candidates who were speaking at the Contemporary.

The view was beautiful as usual!

News channel vans were already setting up for that afternoon’s speech.

Finally, ALOOOOHAAAAA!!!!!

Yay!! We love the Poly sooooo much! We were really excited to eat at Kona for lunch! We were a bit early for our 12:35pm ADR, so we wandered the resort and… TOOK PICTURES!

Ahhhhh, it smelled so good, felt so good, it was PERFECT!!! We were so happy to be back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: