Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #166
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Oh, what a bummer about the turnstile fiasco! I'm glad that you were able to move on from that sour episode. After all, you are in Disney!!!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #167
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh how frustrating!!!!!! I would have been tempted to drown my sorrow with a coffee and a cinnamon roll but would have been stressed about missing out on whatever FP was in my sights and early rides with no lines.

Ugh!
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #168
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, that WAS frustrating! Hahaha! Now looking back on it, it's kind of funny, but boy, not at the time! I was like, "Really, REALLY?" Hahahah! Of course, we didn't let it get us down for too long!

Oh, and the wedding receiption was in Aurora, OH - it was called Thorncreek Winery and they had some really delicious wine!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #169
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh man!! That really stinks. Sorry that happened!! It's good that you got the problem fixed at the very beginning of the trip then! And at least you got your empty entrance pictures!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #170
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Oh, what a bummer about the turnstile fiasco! I'm glad that you were able to move on from that sour episode. After all, you are in Disney!!!
Yes, it was frustrating!! But luckily we did move on, and you're so right!! Disney makes everything better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh how frustrating!!!!!! I would have been tempted to drown my sorrow with a coffee and a cinnamon roll but would have been stressed about missing out on whatever FP was in my sights and early rides with no lines.

Ugh!
It really was!!! And funny you say cinnamon roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Oh my goodness, that WAS frustrating! Hahaha! Now looking back on it, it's kind of funny, but boy, not at the time! I was like, "Really, REALLY?" Hahahah! Of course, we didn't let it get us down for too long!

Oh, and the wedding receiption was in Aurora, OH - it was called Thorncreek Winery and they had some really delicious wine!
It really wasn't!! LOL! Our morning quickly got better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh man!! That really stinks. Sorry that happened!! It's good that you got the problem fixed at the very beginning of the trip then! And at least you got your empty entrance pictures!
It did, but we got over it quickly! And yes, thank goodness it was out of the way for the rest of the trip! And yes! Those photos were really cool!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #171
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA

Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA
June 21, 2012

We made it through the turnstiles, and Mom went to get a locker, and I got a spot for the opening show. It was super cute! I don’t remember the last time I saw it!

Hey Look! Remember them?! It’s the Scottish family from the bus this morning!!! They were the family of the day!!!! It was precious!

Then the gates opened up, and the mad chaos began!! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn!!!!

It was pretty crowded already this morning!

A beautiful sight! Even with the ugly construction!! LOL!

I promise there are plenty more castle pictures just in case you were worried that you might never see one anywhere else! LOL! I can’t help it!! It’s just so easy to photograph!!!

We were on our way to Dumbo, and we saw Alice from the train walking with a boy and his mom! It was adorable!!

See?? Perfection! <3

Continued in next post
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #172
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Come Fly With Me

Come Fly With Me
June 21, 2012

Yay Fanatsyland construction photos!!!!

They get better…

But for now, we were on our way to Dumbo!

It’s sooooo pretty!!!!!

And I love the queue now!!!

I like lights…

Mom was in my favorite number Dumbo!! (It’s been my basketball number for years! I’ve become attached to it!)

Even though, my hat was orange, and that’s my favorite color!!

Here we goooooo!!!!!

The Great Goofini!

Ok, can I just say how proud I am of my zoom right now! Like I would give it like a million gold stars for these next few pictures!!!

Right?!

LOL, after my love affair with my camera’s zoom, we headed over to Space Mountain to get FPs for later! 9:20-10:20am to be exact!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #173
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The opening show just warms my heart. It's too cute!

The new Dumbo is so pretty!!! I love the new queue as well, it's great! 21 is one of my favorite numbers too! Only for me, it's because I was born on the 21st. It's always way too fun to get your favorite color Dumbo (or teacup) isn't it?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #174
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Pretty pictures of the Magic Kingdom... Wow you guys are really good sports ... I really don't think they should have made you get back in line after the fiasco with the magnetic strips...

But ultimately getting too worked up would have just ruined your day so I'm glad everything finally worked out...

Gorgeous pictures of Dumbo ...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #175
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Looks like you gave your zoom lens quite the workout that morning! Great pictures!!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #176
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

It is my dream to be picked for Family of the Day and be up there on the platform for the ropedrop ceremony. Now if I can only convince DW that it's worth showing up at the gates 90 minutes before opening time

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #177
MEK
DIS Veteran

Got a little behind on your TR, but I think I'm caught up now.

Very cool wedding reception. I love those type of updates.

I am a big fan of POFQ. I love it there.

How frustrating to be the first people at MK, but have to get out of line to get your cards fixed. Ugh. Glad you were able to take it in stride.

You got some lovely early morning pictures! So cool to see everything so empty. When I stayed at BLT I went running by the MK in the morning and it was SO cool to wake up with the park.

I also love your pictures of the new castle and I can't wait to ride Dumbo in just a few short weeks!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #178
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The opening show just warms my heart. It's too cute!

The new Dumbo is so pretty!!! I love the new queue as well, it's great! 21 is one of my favorite numbers too! Only for me, it's because I was born on the 21st. It's always way too fun to get your favorite color Dumbo (or teacup) isn't it?
I loved it!!! I hadn't seen it for as long as I can remember, and it was definitely worth it!

Dumbo is amazing!!! The queue is genious!! Really? That's so funny!! I love how we get attached to numbers for certain reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Pretty pictures of the Magic Kingdom... Wow you guys are really good sports ... I really don't think they should have made you get back in line after the fiasco with the magnetic strips...

But ultimately getting too worked up would have just ruined your day so I'm glad everything finally worked out...

Gorgeous pictures of Dumbo ...
Thank you! It was our first day, so we definitely didn't want to let it get us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Looks like you gave your zoom lens quite the workout that morning! Great pictures!!
Thank you! I love my zoom so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
It is my dream to be picked for Family of the Day and be up there on the platform for the ropedrop ceremony. Now if I can only convince DW that it's worth showing up at the gates 90 minutes before opening time
I would love to be the family of the day!!!! I hope they're still doing it when I have a family! Honestly, we didn't mean to get there that early, but we had nothing to do since we had gotten to POFQ so early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Got a little behind on your TR, but I think I'm caught up now.

Very cool wedding reception. I love those type of updates.

I am a big fan of POFQ. I love it there.

How frustrating to be the first people at MK, but have to get out of line to get your cards fixed. Ugh. Glad you were able to take it in stride.

You got some lovely early morning pictures! So cool to see everything so empty. When I stayed at BLT I went running by the MK in the morning and it was SO cool to wake up with the park.

I also love your pictures of the new castle and I can't wait to ride Dumbo in just a few short weeks!
Glad you're caught up!! Thank you! I love them too!

POFQ is my favorite mod by far!

It was so frustrating!! I'm glad we were able to too!

Thank you! I love early morning pictures. Everything is so peaceful! That sounds so cool! It's so tranquil and beautiful.

Dumbo is amazing!!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #180
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like y'all had a nice weekend for your cousin's wedding. She made a very pretty bride!

Woo Hoo! for getting checked in @ POFQ & over to MK! But Boo! on the madness trying to get through the turnstile! How aggravating!

Sounds like y'all were off to a good start that day in MK!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: