Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #151
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Life Update part IV

Don't miss the first three updates on page 10!

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part IV
Last one, I promise!!

And my favorite:

During the picture taking, cousin Sarah had left her bouquet on our table… of course mom and I had to play with it!

Our first course was a really yummy salad.

The entrée was buffet style including chicken and lamb as well as lasagna and potatoes and… here, read for yourself!! LOL!

It was reeeeaaaally good, but unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of my plate! I did however get a picture of my piece of cake which was delicious also!

After everyone had finished their cake, tables were removed, and the dancing started! Not before grabbing a cup of this yummy beverage! Coffee!!!

It was a really great time, and we didn’t end up leaving until close to 10:00pm. We made it back to the hotel, and crashed! We were very tired, and we had another long day tomorrow!

Sunday morning we were up by 8:00am, and packed up everything and met Aunt B by 9:15am to head over to the Bob Evans near our hotel.

We were meeting my aunts for breakfast! It was Mom, myself, Aunt B, Aunt K, and Aunt D and it was a really nice time! I can’t remember the name of what I ordered, but I do remember how funny it was when the waitress gave us all so many options when we were ordering! It felt like a game show!

The pancakes and bacon were my favorite!!

After spending a good couple hours with our family it was time to say goodbye for now!

After one last picture we hit the road.

And it was raining! Hard!

It’s hard to see in that picture, but it was tough to keep our stuff dry! We returned our car and hopped onto the shuttle that brought us to the airport. It was only about 11:30 or so, so we still had quite a while until our plane left at 3:17pm.

The aunts were going to the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame, and we were sad we couldn’t stay longer, but we visited the RnR HoF store in the airport! LOL!

We spent our time strolling through shops, especially the ones that had Ohio State stuff!! Go Bucks!

I mean look at the wittle track suit!!!!!!!!!! Awwww!!!

We meandered around for a while until we started feeling a bit hungry. We stopped at this place called Curritos…. OMG, it was delicious! I had the best Nutella smoothie with bananas in it! I loved it!! We shared a Mediterranean burrito which was also strangely delicious in all the right ways!! Just lovely!

After our lunch, we decided it was time to find our gate. We hiked for what seemed like miles, but we found it and waited for our plane to arrive.

We made it home safely, and I drove back to the apartment later that night.

All in all, it was a great, but very quick, trip! Sarah was a beautiful bride and the wedding was just gorgeous! It was great to see our family again, and the people in the Midwest are so friendly!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #152
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

What a fun trip!

Love where the reception was held - very beautiful.

Having lived in Columbus, OH for four years and Indianapolis for three years, became a BIG fan of Bob Evans! Fortunately, we have a couple here in Northern Virginia - I always get the Farmer's Breakfast which looks like what you got!

The other food I really miss is Donatos Pizza which there's none to be found on this side of the country. So whenever I go to OH to visit the in laws, I always pig out on Donatos.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #153
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh lord that sounds stressful. I hate how airports play mind games with you! That's happened to me before too.

I love how excited you are about the push to start in your car. I have a Prius so it comes naturally to me, I forget how excited people can get about it! Hahah!

The church and your cousin's dress are beautiful!

I'm sorry, a Nutella... SMOOTHIE??? OH WOW that sounds so good!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #154
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Great life update, Em! It was soooo much fun to be with family again after so long! Unfortunately, we are all pretty scattered so we don't see each other that often. Our brother is in Germany now, but coming back stateside soon, so all of us will at least be on the same continent for once in about 20 years!

Yes, Dave, it sure is nice to be around real food again! We literally have nothing around here, so when we visit civilization, that's one of the things we look forward to (I know, it's pretty bad, but hey.) And YES, that Nutella shake was OUT OF THIS WORLD. My goodness, I'd be 500 pounds if I lived out there! Hahaha! Anyway, it was a great weekend and we were sad to leave the Midwestern part of the family.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #155
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
What a fun trip!

Love where the reception was held - very beautiful.

Having lived in Columbus, OH for four years and Indianapolis for three years, became a BIG fan of Bob Evans! Fortunately, we have a couple here in Northern Virginia - I always get the Farmer's Breakfast which looks like what you got!

The other food I really miss is Donatos Pizza which there's none to be found on this side of the country. So whenever I go to OH to visit the in laws, I always pig out on Donatos.
It was a great trip!! Bob Evans was delicious, and I'm pretty sure I did get the Farmer's Breakfast!!

Hmm, I've never had a Donatos Pizza yet- I'll keep my eye out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh lord that sounds stressful. I hate how airports play mind games with you! That's happened to me before too.

I love how excited you are about the push to start in your car. I have a Prius so it comes naturally to me, I forget how excited people can get about it! Hahah!

The church and your cousin's dress are beautiful!

I'm sorry, a Nutella... SMOOTHIE??? OH WOW that sounds so good!!!!
I do too! It's stressful enough already, and then they go and do that!!

Really?! That's awesome!! It was such a change for us! Mom kept forgetting to shut it off!!

It was amazing! It had Nutella, skim milk, yogurt, and bananas, and OMG I could have a gallon of that stuff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Great life update, Em! It was soooo much fun to be with family again after so long! Unfortunately, we are all pretty scattered so we don't see each other that often. Our brother is in Germany now, but coming back stateside soon, so all of us will at least be on the same continent for once in about 20 years!

Yes, Dave, it sure is nice to be around real food again! We literally have nothing around here, so when we visit civilization, that's one of the things we look forward to (I know, it's pretty bad, but hey.) And YES, that Nutella shake was OUT OF THIS WORLD. My goodness, I'd be 500 pounds if I lived out there! Hahaha! Anyway, it was a great weekend and we were sad to leave the Midwestern part of the family.
Thanks! It really was!!

The food was delicious!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #156
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Yep....you're a true Dis'er!!! Life update with 'resort' pics, food pics Love it!!! By the way...love yall's lake view home (apartment). Awesome!!! Must be nice to wake up each morning with such a serene view. Kinda like being on vacation every day

Keep the pics coming!!!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #157
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Yep....you're a true Dis'er!!! Life update with 'resort' pics, food pics Love it!!! By the way...love yall's lake view home (apartment). Awesome!!! Must be nice to wake up each morning with such a serene view. Kinda like being on vacation every day

Keep the pics coming!!!
Heather
I'm constantly like wait, I should take a picture of that! Oh, the life of a DISer! We love it!!!! It's been rainy for the past several days, but it's still such a serene view!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #158
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Checking Out To Check In

Checking Out to Check In
June 21, 2012

We woke up bright and early this morning because we had to check in at Port Orleans French Quarter before going to the parks. Mom was up at 5:00am, and I was up a bit before 6:00am. We got ready and were out the door but 6:15am! Woo! That’s close to a record for me! I WAS in Disney for crying out loud! It was already really muggy that morning, and it was really cool being up before everyone else! It was so quiet and tranquil.

We decided to take a taxi over to POFQ to check in. That was a really smart move because it saved us a lot of time. Yay!!! We’re home!

Let the Memories Begin!

I was so happy to be back!!

I just love this fountain so much! I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of it!

Up next: empty turnstiles and angry mobs!

You don't want to miss this!!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #159
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Lovely wedding photos... Beautiful reception venue... You know you really are a Diser (as previously stated by Heather) when you're doing real life updates... complete with Photos...

Ahhhh.... Port Orleans was the first hotel on property I stayed at... and I have incredibly fond memories of it... it's so pretty...

Hmmm empty turnstiles and angry mobs sounds a little ... scary... kind of French Revolution like... storming the Bastille and all of that...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #160
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Yay for Port Orleans! We LOVE it so much - Emma and I couldn't WAIT to get over there. I love early mornings at WDW when there are only a few people out and about. It has its own magic The CM who checked us in was from Belgium and was so nice! That morning was so much fun!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #161
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hooray for French Quarter! That is definitely my favorite moderate resort. (Except for the creepy statues.) It's just so quaint and beautiful.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #162
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Lovely wedding photos... Beautiful reception venue... You know you really are a Diser (as previously stated by Heather) when you're doing real life updates... complete with Photos...

Ahhhh.... Port Orleans was the first hotel on property I stayed at... and I have incredibly fond memories of it... it's so pretty...

Hmmm empty turnstiles and angry mobs sounds a little ... scary... kind of French Revolution like... storming the Bastille and all of that...
Thank you! I love taking pictures! I guess you're right!

Mine too! I was three years old, and it's been my favorite ever since!! It has gorgeous grounds!

Oh, just wait!! It's pretty crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Yay for Port Orleans! We LOVE it so much - Emma and I couldn't WAIT to get over there. I love early mornings at WDW when there are only a few people out and about. It has its own magic The CM who checked us in was from Belgium and was so nice! That morning was so much fun!
Yes it was for sure!! POFQ is so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hooray for French Quarter! That is definitely my favorite moderate resort. (Except for the creepy statues.) It's just so quaint and beautiful.
It's my favorite by far!! The creepy statues give it character! LOL! You just can't stare at them for too long! The grounds are so beautiful, and it's usually so quiet!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #163
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I have been to that restaurant. And the funny thing is....I may have been to a reception at the same place! I'm going to have to look but my sister got married there and we stayed at a horrid hotel, not far from that restaurant. Dinner was good, the service was weird and our hotel was awful. Reception lovely though and it really reminds me of our cousins location. It was a good 8 years ago so my brain has turned to mush and I've no idea if it was the same spot or not.

I can't stand the push button start, always afraid I'll leave the fob in the car. Something about the action of turning "off" the car is important to me. Gorgeous pics, especially the bubble one. Even funnier...the closest I've been to the R&R hall of fame is that same airport gift shop, where I bought our oldest a couple of things. LOL!

And oh my are you the early bird resort changers, wow! Very impressive. PORFQ is so pretty, I've never been there but it always looks lovely. Good call on the cab.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #164
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I have been to that restaurant. And the funny thing is....I may have been to a reception at the same place! I'm going to have to look but my sister got married there and we stayed at a horrid hotel, not far from that restaurant. Dinner was good, the service was weird and our hotel was awful. Reception lovely though and it really reminds me of our cousins location. It was a good 8 years ago so my brain has turned to mush and I've no idea if it was the same spot or not.

I can't stand the push button start, always afraid I'll leave the fob in the car. Something about the action of turning "off" the car is important to me. Gorgeous pics, especially the bubble one. Even funnier...the closest I've been to the R&R hall of fame is that same airport gift shop, where I bought our oldest a couple of things. LOL!

And oh my are you the early bird resort changers, wow! Very impressive. PORFQ is so pretty, I've never been there but it always looks lovely. Good call on the cab.

Really? That's so funny! Small world! It was a really beautiful area!! I just don't remember the town it was in!

I agree! The push start thing was hard to get used to, and I don't know if I'd like it! Like, what if it broke or something!! That's not pleasant to think about!

We wanted to get there! It was early, but we were excited! It's so pretty! I took TONS of pictures... of course!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #165
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Early Bird Gets the Worm... and Bad Luck!

Early Bird Gets the Worm... and Bad Luck!
June 21, 2012

We checked in and dropped our luggage off at luggage services. By 6:30am, we were on a bus to the Magic Kingdom! Yes, folks, you are reading that correctly 6:30AM! It was super early but sooooo worth it! You’ll see! There was one other family on the bus with us that morning, a mother, father, and two young daughters, and they were from Scotland! It was adorable!

We arrived at MK a bit before 7:00am, and talked to a very nice CM at bag check. Us and the Scottish family were the first two families to arrive that morning! How cool is that?!

Beautiful resort in the distance!

Literally, there was no one here!!! It was awesome!!!! A very rare experience in the Magic Kingdom- for me as not a morning person anyway! LOL!

EMPTY!

We took our turns taking pictures of each other’s family as more people started to trickle in!

We got in line at the turnstiles, and this was our view looking backwards…

NO ONE!!!!!!

It was awesome!

Then I started getting… well… bored! And what do I do when I’m bored in Disney?? Take photos of course!!!

As more people started coming in, we were glad we were there as early as we were!! A CM had originally told us that any turnstile was fine to wait at, so we picked this one.

Note to self: don’t pick turnstiles with covers. Doh! I should have figured that, but I mean, the CM said ANY of them, and this one was the closest to the entrance and also had a great view of the show! Well, we were only there for about 15 minutes when someone asked a CM if they would be opening these (as a line was forming behind us) and the CM said no! What?! A few lines of about 10 people each had been forming at about two or three of these covered turnstiles, and they didn’t say anything to us! Well, luckily we asked!

We all scuttled over to find a turnstile that would be opening, and we were lucky enough to be in front again! So we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, UNTIL….. CMs started coming toward the turnstiles! We saw a few go to the right, and a few go to the left, but no one came to ours…. Hmmmm….

So, I need to tell a story about a very unhappy mother and daughter who got in line about and hour and a half early, only to be held back by a CM who was late to our line! I mean, other people were already inside and the line became hostile, late! When she arrived, to a long line of shouting and scary parents, she quickly typed in her password and turned on the turnstile! Well the fate of the now semi happy mother and daughter took a turn for the worse.

Yes, the mother and daughter who had arrived at the MK at 7:00am that morning had to GET OUT OF THE LINE and go to Guest Services because their cards wouldn’t work. You can see how mad they would be. Turns out, the magnet was just wonky! They were supplied new cards, and sent on their way… to GET IN THE BACK OF A LINE! Seriously??? Whatever, they weren’t going to let this little speed bump get in the way of having a happy trip! They lived happily ever after!

The End.

That was totally nonfiction. That actually happened. Worst first day luck EVER! Ok, maybe not EVER, but maybe ever? ANYWAY! It gets better!

Stay Tuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: