Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #136
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Downtown Disney Evening

Downtown Disney Evening
June 20, 2012

We didnít spend much time at WL because we were getting bored, so we got on a bus to go to DTD. We were a bit hungry, so we decided to go into DTD instead of just catching a bus to go back to Pop. It was already pretty late, maybe 8 or so ( I donít remember the exact time), but we headed to Cookes of Dublin because we had tried their garlic mayo dipping sauces for the fries, and my lanta, they are good! Before we could get there, though, Mom had to stop into Goofyís Candy Co. because she had been raving about a Mickey rice crispie treat with chocolate and M&Ms. She wanted me to try it, and boy was that good!!!!

Look at the yummies for sale!!

These were so cute!!

It was a pretty busy night! There were a lot of people walking around which struck me as odd because it was just a random Wednesday evening! We made our way to the restaurant which was also considerately busy. I was lucky enough to score a table right away as Mom ordered. Not much later, our food was ready! I had just chips with that yummy dipping sauce.

Mom had fish and chips.

I think that place is amazing!!

After our snack, we made our way toward the exit, but not without stopping at The Basin. This is my favorite store (besides World of Disney) because it is just amazing!!! However, I must say that they had way better smelling scrubs two years ago when we were last there. Mom still liked them, but I thought they were too sweet and candyish smelling. We got a few bath bombs, though! Those are the best!!! I love the fact that there are soooo many choices!!

After that we decided to hop back on one final bus to Pop.

Continued in Next Post

1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #137
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation...At Niiiiight part I

Art of Animation...At Niiiiight part I
June 20, 2012

If you got the Spongebob reference in the title, kudos to you. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that we know that or not...

ANYWAY

It was late, and I was tired, but Mom suggested walking over to see the Cars section of AoA at night. I was reluctant at first, but I was very glad I did afterward!

Theyíre cabanas!!! How cool!?

Continued in Next Post
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #138
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation...At Niiiiight part II

Art of Animation...At Niiiiight part II
June 20, 2012

After we checked out the Cars section, we made our way back to the room to get ready for bed. I took a picture of our buys for the day!

I got two dresses from Panchitos! They are really cute and were on sale!

In the middle is the body wash that Mom found at Panchitos that is H2O brand! Yummmm!!!!

Then Mom and I each got bracelet cuffs which were also on sale from Panchitos!

After taking the photos, I took a refreshing bath with our new bath bombs from the Basin!

We got to bed as quickly as possible because tomorrow was our first park day with a very early start! PLUS we were going to be checking into our favorite moderate in the morning!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #139
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ok ... I just read thru page 5 but I wanted to jump ahead and sub and comment before I forgot...

I loved your descriptions/photos of Art of Animation and the lunch you had there... It sounds really good and everything is soooo colorful and larger than life... I'd love to see it in person... It looks like something from a really vivid upbeat dream... It's really cool that it's right across from POP like that...

I super love the mom-daughter Dis vacation!!! My DD and I have done several college road trips... she's a senior this year... and we had lots of fun...

Only problem is if we said we were just going... we'd have some seriously crestfallen boys to deal with... Hmmm... we'll work it out one day...

In the meantime... I can live vicariously through your girls trip...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #140
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Sigh... I love Resort Hopping... I always wish I had an extra day each trip to do that...

Your apartment is very nice and the views are spectacular...

Your in New Hampshire right? I've really enjoyed my times in New Hampshire...It's a really pretty state...

Hmmm... so waiting to see which park is your favorite...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #141
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but loving your TR! The pics are all great, I have never been to Coronado Springs, it looks gorgeous! AoA looks cool too, thinking about that resort for our trip next Christmas.

I was cracking up at your Spongebob reference. We were just in WDW two weeks ago and everytime we said we were doing something, we added "at Diiiiiiisssney," and said just like Spongebob. "Hey look, I'm drinking water....at Diiiiiiisssney." "I'm about to cross the street...at Diiiiissney!" We said it al week and it never got old.

Looking forward to hearing about your next day!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #142
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice night!

Those treats at Goofy's look soooo yummy!

The night time pictures from the Cars section at AoA are adorable! I really wish we had time to just go look at it during our trip. I think Reid would really enjoy just walking around & looking at everything.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #144
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Those fries (or chips... hahah) look SO GOOD. Oh man. Yum. I'm going to stop now...

The Cars section looks so cute at night! It's just cute in general I guess, hahah. I can't wait to see that whole resort in person!

YAY FOR YOUR SECOND DAY! Hahah that was one long arrival day!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #145
MEK
DIS Veteran

Emma - subbing to your TR. It looks like its going to be a great one!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #146
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

I was off the DIS for a few weeks and I totally missed the start of your TR!!!

Sooooo sorry about that! But I'm all caught up now! And of course ready for more!

AoA looks so awesome! Part of me regrets not trying to book a room there. There's always next trip! And I'm sure once I see your pictures of POR I'll want to stay there, too!!

I LOVE to resort hop! Not that we get to do it very often, but I totally plan to on our upcoming trip!

And that brownie your mom got looks awesome!! I may have to bake some tonight!

Your apartment is incredible! I would kill for a view like that!! Where exactly do you live?

Can't wait to read more!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #147
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ok ... I just read thru page 5 but I wanted to jump ahead and sub and comment before I forgot...

I loved your descriptions/photos of Art of Animation and the lunch you had there... It sounds really good and everything is soooo colorful and larger than life... I'd love to see it in person... It looks like something from a really vivid upbeat dream... It's really cool that it's right across from POP like that...

I super love the mom-daughter Dis vacation!!! My DD and I have done several college road trips... she's a senior this year... and we had lots of fun...

Only problem is if we said we were just going... we'd have some seriously crestfallen boys to deal with... Hmmm... we'll work it out one day...

In the meantime... I can live vicariously through your girls trip...
Thank you! I really like that resort too! It's so colorful! You feel like your in a completely different world!

We love it too! It's so much easier when it's the two of us because we can eat and do what we want when we want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Sigh... I love Resort Hopping... I always wish I had an extra day each trip to do that...

Your apartment is very nice and the views are spectacular...

Your in New Hampshire right? I've really enjoyed my times in New Hampshire...It's a really pretty state...

Hmmm... so waiting to see which park is your favorite...
One of my crazy dreams is to one day spend at least one night in every resort on property in one trip! I know, I know, that's crazy, but I just think that would be so cool!

Thank you! I love it so much! We are very lucky! Yes, I go to school in New Hamphire, but I actually live in Vermont. It is pretty, but I sure am tired of the cold and snow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but loving your TR! The pics are all great, I have never been to Coronado Springs, it looks gorgeous! AoA looks cool too, thinking about that resort for our trip next Christmas.

I was cracking up at your Spongebob reference. We were just in WDW two weeks ago and everytime we said we were doing something, we added "at Diiiiiiisssney," and said just like Spongebob. "Hey look, I'm drinking water....at Diiiiiiisssney." "I'm about to cross the street...at Diiiiissney!" We said it al week and it never got old.

Looking forward to hearing about your next day!
Thank you so much! It really is a beautiful resort!

That's so funny!!! That sounds like something we would do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like a nice night!

Those treats at Goofy's look soooo yummy!

The night time pictures from the Cars section at AoA are adorable! I really wish we had time to just go look at it during our trip. I think Reid would really enjoy just walking around & looking at everything.
It was!

OMG, I know! I wanted everything!!!!!

The Cars section was definitely better at night because of all of the lights, but I really think it is worth a trip! I think Reid would LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ok now I want to go to Panchitos! Some nice shopping!!!

I agree about Basin. Too candyish. I want pretty smelling soaps...not sweet.

The Cars section is VERY cool at night! Great update.
We love shopping!! Panchitos was so cute!!

YES, the bath bombs are nice, but some of the scrubs and soaps are just too sicky sweet for me!

I agree!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Those fries (or chips... hahah) look SO GOOD. Oh man. Yum. I'm going to stop now...

The Cars section looks so cute at night! It's just cute in general I guess, hahah. I can't wait to see that whole resort in person!

YAY FOR YOUR SECOND DAY! Hahah that was one long arrival day!
They really are amazing!

You will love that resort! It's very you from what I gather from your TRs! LOL!

I know right!? Jeez, it's taking a very long time, but that's because I have so many pictures and there's nothing wrong with that! Right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Emma - subbing to your TR. It looks like its going to be a great one!
Thank you! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
I was off the DIS for a few weeks and I totally missed the start of your TR!!!

Sooooo sorry about that! But I'm all caught up now! And of course ready for more!

AoA looks so awesome! Part of me regrets not trying to book a room there. There's always next trip! And I'm sure once I see your pictures of POR I'll want to stay there, too!!

I LOVE to resort hop! Not that we get to do it very often, but I totally plan to on our upcoming trip!

And that brownie your mom got looks awesome!! I may have to bake some tonight!

Your apartment is incredible! I would kill for a view like that!! Where exactly do you live?

Can't wait to read more!
No worries!! It happens!

It is a great resort! I really want to stay there someday!

Resort hopping is a great option for non-park days! It's free! And fun!!!

Thank you! It was literally right place at the right time kind of thing! And I go to school in New Hampshire, and my apartment is 10 minutes away. I actually LIVE live in central Vermont- about an hour and a half away.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #148
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Life Update part I

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012

Hello everyone! Mom and I are just getting off a busy busy weekend! To keep you all in the loop, I figured that I should let you know what's been going on!My cousin got married on Saturday...in Cleveland, Ohio!

And being a good DISer, I took many many pictures!

Well, it started Friday afternoon at about 1:45pm when my sociology of the family professor ended class. I picked up my books, not bothering to pack them, and sprinted out the door, down the steps, and across campus to my car. My DBF was waiting for me (I was going to drive him home for the weekend, so he was not stuck at school by himself) and we stopped at Dunk'n Donuts before hopping on the Interstate and driving swiftly (possibly too quickly) home.

Why were we in such a hurry you ask? Well, my plane was departing at exactly 5:19pm from Burlington, VT which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from home. Home is about and hour and a half from school. Doing the math, that means I was in a BIG hurry!!! I kept saying the whole time, I'm boarding a plane in two hours....

After getting home in record time, I barely slowed down to drop off my DBF, and sped to my mom's house (about 15 min away). I don't think I've moved so quickly in my life when I arrived home, throwing my bags in the car and running upstairs to make a necessary bathroom break!

We were in the car and heading to the airport by 3:30pm. Phew!

We got to the airport, said goodbye to step dad, and headed right to security since we had checked in online. We were through very quickly, and we got to our gate, and sat down and waited. And waited. And waited. Boarding time was 4:42, yet it was getting closer to 4:45 and there was no plane or United agent at the gate. We kept checking the screen, but it assured us we were at gate 3 and the plane was on time. Other people were getting concerned too! So strange! Luckliy mom went to get some snacks, and I was standing between the gates, and I heard a call for a flight to Cleveland. Lo and behold it was ours! Thank goodness I wasn't paying attention to mom's transaction! We hurried over to gate 8, and boarded the plane Phew!

Once on the plane, I realized once again how much being over six feet tall is a bummer when traveling. This thing was TINY! I mean, it was the type with one seat on one side and two on the other. I couldn't stand up straight in the aisle, and my knees were crammed into the seat in front of me! Luckily it was only an hour and half flight, and I kept myself busy by reading for my pcychology of the child class.

We got off the plane, and got our rental car (a Nissan Altima with a push to start!!!)

without much hastle. I used my iPhone as a GPS, and we made it to our hotel in about 30 minutes. It had started raining pretty heavily, so it was difficult to see in the dark, but we made it!

My aunt who lives in New Hampshire (Aunt B) had driven out that morning and was already at the hotel. We got checked in by a very nice young man, and made our way to the room. Aunt B met us in our room, and we decided on a place for dinner. We decided to try Bahama Breeze because we never had, and it looked really good!

It was!! It was such a cool restaurant, and the food was really yummy!

I was a bad DISer, and I only took a picture of the appetizer which was onion rings battered with coconut! The sauces were fruity and amazing! Oh, so good!!!

I had ribs which were so unbelievably good, but there were so many! It was a full rack, and I couldn't finish it! I felt so bad, but it was amazing! Mom had something with fried chicken, and really tasty potatoes or something. I don't remember what Aunt B had, but I know it was really good!

This was the waiting area! It was so beachy and cute!

It was so close to our hotel too! We just walked right over!

I did take pictures of our room, but it wasn't before we got settled a bit, so our stuff is in the pictures.

Nothing too special! It was clean, and there was hot water, which is really all that counts!

Oh, and there's a mirrored ceiling in the elevator! I thought it was the coolest thing!

We went to bed quickly, but not before deciding to head to the mall in the morning to look for shoes for me. Those beds are COMFY! I wish I could've brought one home with me!

Continued in Next Post

Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #149
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Life Update part II

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part II

The next morning (Saturday) we were up to a bright and early start at 8:00am. We got ready, a bit too quickly, and waited till about 9 or so to go down to breakfast.

Aunt B ate with us, but stayed at the hotel while we went to the mall. The mall was only about 5 minutes away according to my map, but it actually took us about 10 because of the traffic. The first thing I saw was...

REAL shopping!!!!!

Obviously, way out of our price range, but it's always fun to pretend!

The rest of the few hours was a blur, running into stores trying to find a nice pair of shoes (in my size) which was not easy! Needless to say we didn't find anything. We ate lunch in the food court- I had subway (six inch Italian bread with turkey, provolone, avocado, spinach, tomato, mayo, and salt and pepper- my usual!) and mom had a really yummy grilled chicken Mediterranean meal. We had to eat quickly, though because we were running late!

We had to be at the church by 1:30 because I was doing a reading, and they wanted me there ahead of time, so I could be told what to do. The hotel was about 10 minutes away from the church, and we still needed to get ready and pick up Aunt B. It was nearing 12:25, and we finished up our meals and got in the car. Traffic slowed us down a lot, but by the time we were in our room it was about 12:45! We scrambled to get ready, and were finished by 1:05! A new record!!! Aunt B knocked on our door, and we hustled into the car, and made it to the church EARLY!

The groom's family arrived first (as they made up about 95% of the guests), and I met my Aunt K for the first time! She lives in Michigan, and drove to the wedding. Soon Aunt D arrived (mother of the bride) and my cousin Sarah (the bride) and cousin Jessie (her sisiter and the maid of honor) arrived. I was debriefed on what I was to do, and we were seated.

It was a beautiful church!

My Aunt D and the bride!

Yay!!!!

We left the ceremony, and headed for the reception. The area was so pretty! It reminded me a lot of a Vermont touristy place! It was held at a winery, and the layout of tables was a bit strange, but Iím sure it would have been a lot nicer if it hadnít of rained so hard!

Name cards

Since there were only a few of us from the brideís family, we got to sit at table 3 which was right next to the wedding party!

The menu- everything was really really good!!!!

We had to make a pitstop in the bathroom, and on the way we saw the cake!

The bathroom was tiny!!! But it was really pretty, and I loved the sinks!! LOL!

Continued in Next Post

Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #150
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Life Update part III

Life Update
for September 21, 2012- September 23, 2012 part III

After our bathroom break, we went outside to check out the landscape.

The staff soon brought the appetizer table out. O.M.G. it looked wonderful!

By far, my favorite picture of the night!

Then mom decided to have a photo shoot!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by emma212010; 09-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: