Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

ok, wdw fans, i need your help!!

so my sister tells me she has a new man in her life, and he is most likely going to be coming on our trip next year. yay for her, but this changes everything in terms of accomodation.

we are now going to be 5 adults, travelling together and will need accom as 3 seperate hotel rooms, 2 adults each in the first 2 rooms, then a single adult in the 3rd room.

this is going to blow out my quotes massively, as i was originally planning on doing a suite at AoA or something similar where there was just one nightly rate, divided by 4 of us.

now it's going to be 3x nightly rates, split between 5 of us, so i'm going to need to do up individual quotes, rather than just splitting the total cost 4 ways (if that makes sense???).

so... which resort would you recommend we stay at??? i'm thinking pop or AoA for the sheer cheapness of the rooms compared to say... POFQ which is what i was planning on. also, when is the best time to visit? when is value season? is the dining plan worth it? omg, my head is spinning.

i was thinking nov next year would be a good time to go, or end oct (to see halloween/party etc) or beginning nov (see xmas deccies go up)... also gives us a lot more time to save

HELP!!

I have several guide books, but am just looking for general info/advice from others who have been there, done that

thanks

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

dont you just hate....

when people mess with our plans but sometimes it works out even better!

How about you guys and the single stay at AoA ($250) and your sis and friend stay over the bridge at POP ($100)..that would be great cause they can hang with you in the suite during the day, then toddle off at night....suite has kitchenette so food savings there.

So per night $83 pp at AoA, and $50 pp POP. with 1 kitchen, and pool access for all of you at both AoA and Pop.

Sounds like an awesome plan stan!
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

heres infor re seasons @ WDW

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#offseason

free QS dining might be included at both if you time it right saves you $40 pp per day ish
Old 07-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Awww karen what would i do without you ..thanks

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Awww karen what would i do without you ..thanks
I agree, Karen is very clever
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
australiankaren

thats how we pirate clown firemen riding scooters roll

thank you..i'm here all week
Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

I am just wondering why you could still not share a suite at AOA the floor plan seems that they have made it so the beds have a bit of privacy put the single person on the sofa bed you have the bedroom and your sister and friend on the Murphy bed, you still have 2 bathrooms and if free dining is involved bonus.

I was reading on another part of the board about 2 couples that were sharing a value room at Pop and were scheduling "private time" for both couples it just seems a bit over the top to get 3 rooms to me and maybe a bit lonely for the brother on his own it would certainly make me feel like the 5th wheel but maybe that's just me

What i also love about the layout of this well i hope i will when we get there is the fact that you have a living area during the day
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #8
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
I am just wondering why you could still not share a suite at AOA the floor plan seems that they have made it so the beds have a bit of privacy put the single person on the sofa bed you have the bedroom and your sister and friend on the Murphy bed, you still have 2 bathrooms and if free dining is involved bonus.

I was reading on another part of the board about 2 couples that were sharing a value room at Pop and were scheduling "private time" for both couples it just seems a bit over the top to get 3 rooms to me and maybe a bit lonely for the brother on his own it would certainly make me feel like the 5th wheel but maybe that's just me

What i also love about the layout of this well i hope i will when we get there is the fact that you have a living area during the day
private time schedule.......now i've heard it all

only at disney i guess

there are so many configurations, that you'll have heaps of options...or what about wilderness camp ground cabin thingy's..or a dvc 3 brm GV...so many options, so little time
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #9
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
private time schedule.......now i've heard it all

only at disney i guess

there are so many configurations, that you'll have heaps of options...or what about wilderness camp ground cabin thingy's..or a dvc 3 brm GV...so many options, so little time
just for you i did a search and found the thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=private+time
Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
just for you i did a search and found the thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=private+time
all to save a few bucks

if you cant spring for a room for your lady, then you cant afford to go to disney!

I can just imagine how that conversation would go down in my house...

lets just say....... Buckley's .....& none

who are these people....please tell them crazy town is calling, they want their crazy back!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
battymum
DIS Veteran

You know what, I would be telling sister to organise her own trip! You have your own problems -

TBH - this is a new relationship - I wouldnt be setting firm plans for a trip 18months away.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #12
battymum
DIS Veteran

OK -
I will be more constructive now - I think I may have suggested this before - not sure of the "legality"

Book 1 room at Pop in Carlos name (with free dining) list 4 adults in this room.

Book 2 additional rooms at Pop under your name (using assumed discount in lieu of free dining.) I am thinking that you may not get value out of the free dining with your dietary issues and may be better off just paying for meals OOP.

No one is going to door knock and check who is sleeping where - pick a bed, any bed!

As to best time of year - just make sure it is a "value" season - you are not tied to school hols - which is why a lot of us choose September.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #13
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Personally I find that a discounted room often saves more money then free dining

I would also prefer my own room, then sleeping on the fold out lounge in someone elses, and would happily shell out more money to do so, but that's just me
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
OK -
I will be more constructive now - I think I may have suggested this before - not sure of the "legality"

Book 1 room at Pop in Carlos name (with free dining) list 4 adults in this room.

Book 2 additional rooms at Pop under your name (using assumed discount in lieu of free dining.) I am thinking that you may not get value out of the free dining with your dietary issues and may be better off just paying for meals OOP.

No one is going to door knock and check who is sleeping where - pick a bed, any bed!

As to best time of year - just make sure it is a "value" season - you are not tied to school hols - which is why a lot of us choose September.
ooohhhh. I do love a cunning plan......well done

see if we all put our heads togeather..we'll sort something
Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #15
battymum
DIS Veteran

Actually it is probably not worth it to pay the extra $25 for additional adults in the room for a couple of qs meals. Alicia get yourself a us travel agent they will be able to crunch all the numbers and give you the best options. But trust me there is nothing wrong with staying at pop century, it really is great place for the money.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: