Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
jstbcuz
DIS Veteran

Places to stay on the Pacific Coast Highway

We are leaving DisneyLand on SUnday 7/29 and going to drive toward San Francisco on the PCH. We will do a quick stop in Hollywood (Hollywood sign and Hard Rock Cafe) & will need to do a short stop in Ventura, Ca. Im not sure how to gauge how far we will get. Do you think we can get past San Luis Obispo? Are there hotels all the way along, or do I need to make sure I have it booked before we go? When looking at the map, it doesnt look like there are many towns between San Luis Obispo and Carmel. I dont want to end up driving the road in the dark. Any suggestions would be great. By the way, we are a family of 5 traveling!
jstbcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbcuz View Post
Do you think we can get past San Luis Obispo?
That will be your problem. There is not a lot inbetween and your right to not want to drive at night.

There is a small selection of lodging in Morrow Bay, only 15 miles up the road from San Luis that has a large selection. After that Cambria another about 15 miles has a tiny selection of lodging. Another 5 miles up is San Simeon with a minature selection. Another hour and you get about halfway and there is another minature selection.

Because you may not get away from LA as fast as you hope I would aim for San Luis because the drive is fast until there. Then slow the rest of the way. It wouldn't hurt to just do the little extra to Morrow Bay, and start the next day on the PCH along the water.

If you go quickly up the 101, Solvang is a nice town to stop in with Dutch architecture.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: