Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #271
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

We are at CSR Sept. 15-24! So excited about our upcoming trip...cannot wait to be there!!

However...one question...I was reading another thread about the September weather. What can I really expect, weather-wise, for the time of our visit??
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #272
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
We are at CSR Sept. 15-24! So excited about our upcoming trip...cannot wait to be there!!

However...one question...I was reading another thread about the September weather. What can I really expect, weather-wise, for the time of our visit??
It will be really hot and humid but the pay off is lower crowds. We have only been rained on a few times and when it did rain it never lasted for more than an hour.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #273
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
It will be really hot and humid but the pay off is lower crowds. We have only been rained on a few times and when it did rain it never lasted for more than an hour.
So, from what you're saying, it's the typical June-August daily 3-4pm shower!! LOL The one time we went in June, we had a 30minute rain shower every day between 3 and 4pm. All the showers really accomplished was to make it even MORE humid!! Don't plan on them to cool you off!

We'll be glad for the hot and humid this time though.....up here in PA by mid September it starts to cool off and the humidity is usually gone. But I'm ALL ABOUT the lower crowds!! Ready to have really low wait times and the boys will be ready to miss some school (although they'll only have been back for 3 weeks! LOL).

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #274
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan

So, from what you're saying, it's the typical June-August daily 3-4pm shower!! LOL The one time we went in June, we had a 30minute rain shower every day between 3 and 4pm. All the showers really accomplished was to make it even MORE humid!! Don't plan on them to cool you off!

We'll be glad for the hot and humid this time though.....up here in PA by mid September it starts to cool off and the humidity is usually gone. But I'm ALL ABOUT the lower crowds!! Ready to have really low wait times and the boys will be ready to miss some school (although they'll only have been back for 3 weeks! LOL).
What part of PA are you from? We are in Hershey...going down sept 19-28. Kids don't know about it...can't wait to surprise them!! Although its killing me not having them get excited with me and DH.

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #275
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm with you about the lower crowds!!!

When I was a kid we went down to FL a couple of days after Christmas almost every year and the couple of times we went to MK it was just miserable! I vowed not to take my own kids until they were old enough to remember how miserable it was so they wouldn't beg to go all the time!!

That was before I visited on one of the lower crowd months (Feb) and then I realized how TOTALLY AWESOME WDW can be!! Now I can't wait to share this place with my kids!

I just wanted to be aware of the temps to plan for...sounds like shorts, mister fans and a poncho will do us just fine...I'm definitely willing to take on the heat and humidity in exchange for the lower crowd levels...I have been scarred for life when it comes to visiting too close to a holiday!!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #276
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
What part of PA are you from? We are in Hershey...going down sept 19-28. Kids don't know about it...can't wait to surprise them!! Although its killing me not having them get excited with me and DH.
I'm in York County - Dallastown, more specifically. I will be in Herhsey Monday at the Spa!! Mmmm...chocolate! HEY - we'll be there the same time period....we're going the 18-24 and staying at the Poly for the very first time! Are you flying and if so, what airport? We're leaving out of BWI - it's only a 45 minute drive south for us. We've gone out of Harrisburg before, but it's getting very hard to get direct flights from there.

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #277
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
I'm with you about the lower crowds!!!

When I was a kid we went down to FL a couple of days after Christmas almost every year and the couple of times we went to MK it was just miserable! I vowed not to take my own kids until they were old enough to remember how miserable it was so they wouldn't beg to go all the time!!

That was before I visited on one of the lower crowd months (Feb) and then I realized how TOTALLY AWESOME WDW can be!! Now I can't wait to share this place with my kids!

I just wanted to be aware of the temps to plan for...sounds like shorts, mister fans and a poncho will do us just fine...I'm definitely willing to take on the heat and humidity in exchange for the lower crowd levels...I have been scarred for life when it comes to visiting too close to a holiday!!
We've been down in June, October, November, December and January. October USED to be slower, but the last few times it was awful. And I'm not in a hurry to go around Christmas ever again. For some reason, it didn't seem Christmasy down there. I think my favorite holiday at WDW is Halloween. January was nice, but a tad on the cold side for me - highs were in the upper 50's. And there were a lot of Brazilian Teens! I can't wait to try September!! Here's to low crowds for ALL of us!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #278
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm in York County - Dallastown, more specifically. I will be in Herhsey Monday at the Spa!! Mmmm...chocolate! HEY - we'll be there the same time period....we're going the 18-24 and staying at the Poly for the very first time! Are you flying and if so, what airport? We're leaving out of BWI - it's only a 45 minute drive south for us. We've gone out of Harrisburg before, but it's getting very hard to get direct flights from there.
I really should pay attention, lol. Didn't realize that you were the same person from PA as the one on the previous page, I'm not too observant.

We are driving down. It will definitely be an adventure. But we have 7 of us going (me, My husband, 4 kids and my mom) so flying would be soooo expensive. Staying at POFQ. We stayed there in '06 and loved it. Hoping for free dining.

How about the wind today?? It's crazy!! Enjoy the spa on Monday. I could totally use a spa day with lunch on the oasis...

1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #279
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here's to low crowds for ALL of us!
Cheers to that!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #280
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
I really should pay attention, lol. Didn't realize that you were the same person from PA as the one on the previous page, I'm not too observant.

We are driving down. It will definitely be an adventure. But we have 7 of us going (me, My husband, 4 kids and my mom) so flying would be soooo expensive. Staying at POFQ. We stayed there in '06 and loved it. Hoping for free dining.

How about the wind today?? It's crazy!! Enjoy the spa on Monday. I could totally use a spa day with lunch on the oasis...
OH man...well, I didn't realize that either! Guess we're both not paying attention...we did have the driving discussion earlier!!!
Mmmm the Oasis.....the best part is the DESSERT!!! And yes, this wind can go away!! I want yesterday's 60 degree temps back!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #281
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

LauraMichelle - I'd recommend the Dessert Party, I think it's around $25 per person, but you get reserved seating to see Wishes, and you can see a bit of the Main Street Electrical Parade from that area too. Of course, there is the dessert buffet too, which was very good. With a party of 2 you are quite likely to get a table right up front.

Mamalovesdis & Seasidespences - On easywdw they have calenders showing the % chance of rain and the average high/low temps based on 10 yrs history, September 2013 is not there yet, but Sept 2012 will give you an idea of what to expect.

Princessmommymouse -- I'd love to see some of the crafty stuff you've been working on. I'm busy creating Disney-themed homework for my DS8.

Is anyone working on their ADR plans yet? I know the park hours for September will be released soon, so for now I'm just picking out a 1-2 choices for each park until I have that info. This will be our first time doing waterparks and I was thinking the days we go there would be good times to do a resort ADR -- any experience with that? Any advice?
Suziewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #282
Robin K
DIS Veteran

feet1-
We are going to be at POFQ too. When will you be there? Have you stayed there before? We stayed there for the first time last year...we LOVE it.
We have 212 days til our 7th Sept trip...I am as excited about this one as I was the first.
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #283
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K
feet1-
We are going to be at POFQ too. When will you be there? Have you stayed there before? We stayed there for the first time last year...we LOVE it.
We have 212 days til our 7th Sept trip...I am as excited about this one as I was the first.
We have stayed here before. Back in 2006. We loved it and can't wait to go back!! In 2007 we tried WL and LOVED that as well, but it's just too much money. We are surprising the kids, part of me is super excited for the surprise part, but part of me wants to get the kids just as excited as we are. I've been watching videos on Disney World Surprises to get some ideas. We are driving, so I think we might ask them to plugin the GPS to dw and see what they do.

It's my 6th trip, but my kids and husbands 3rd trip. I think I'm just as excited this time, if not more excited because its my youngest first time. I was pregnant with him in 2007 on our last trip. He will be 5 and I am super excited for him.

1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #284
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

List Updated!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #285
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Hey y'all !!!!! We will be come back home 9/9-9/17 !!!!!!!!! Waiting on the free dining release lol

Curious & Curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: