Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2011 - What day is it? - Day 26 - Palo's - Royal Palace - Farewell Party ** VIDEO **

Day 26 – Palo’s – Royal Palace – Farewell Party

Todays VideoDisney Dream Farewell Party

Today was our sea day and so we all had a lazy morning.

Sue and I went for breakfast in Cabanas whilst Emma remained tucked up in bed.

Returning back to our cabin, Chris – our cabin attendant, told us that the ships horns would be sounded at 12:00.

Sue was suffering from indigestion and with a reservation at Palo’s approaching, she decided to visit the medical-centre on deck 1 to purchase some indigestion relief, and luckily, this worked quite quickly.

It was soon time to meet up at Martin’s cabin, together with Wayne and Karen for our Palo’s reservation. During this time, Emma would be joining Craig, Emily, Abi and Matt to take part in some form of detective game based around the ship. On our arrival at Palo’s, the various food choices were thoroughly explained by our waiter, Coskun and then we were let loose on numerous courses.

Continued in next post ......
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
DISWolves

At 12:00 we made our way onto the deck outside of the restaurant for a short while, whilst all of the ships horns were sounded in succession. Returning back to the restaurant, we continued with more food choices and I think we all left quite full.

On leaving the restaurant, Sue asked the waiter if she could have a few chocolate covered strawberries to take back to Emma, but unfortunately they had all been eaten.

On our way back we called to collect Emma from Martins cabin and then returned to our own cabin to change.

Our next stop off was at Shutters to select some photographs from our album and then we visited Guest Services to change some Travellers Cheques ready for our tip envelopes. We then did a bit of gift shopping before returning back to our cabin to start the packing.

Dinner tonight was at the Royal Palace.

Nigel – Escargots Gratines – Double Cut Rack of Lamb with Dijon Crust – Grand Marnier Souffle – Cocktail of the Day.
Sue – Belle’s French Onion Soup – Grilled Organic Chicken Breast Salad – Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee – Cocktail of the Day.
Emma – Grilled Organic Chicken Breast Salad – Strawberry Shortcake Sundae – Diet Coke.

Continued in next post ......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
DISWolves

Our cocktails were courtesy of Martin, who generously treated all of the adults in the party.

The show tonight in the Walt Disney Theatre was Believe. This show was based on a fathers relationship with his daughter, and was hosted by a variety of Disney characters.

After the show we returned to our cabin to finish off our packing, as we need to leave our luggage in the corridor by 10:30.

Our cabin mobile phone rang and it was Coskun, our waiter from Palo’s, who was enquiring if we were in the cabin. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Coskun had kindly delivered three plates of chocolate covered strawberries, since none had been available as we were leaving Palo’s.

We delivered one plate to Wayne’s cabin and phoned Martin to let him know that another plate was waiting for him in our fridge.

Soon it was time for the Farewell Party and so we made our way to the Atrium, where I managed to video the show.

We returned back to our cabin where Emma swiftly demolished the chocolate strawberries whilst watching the end of UP. I decided to savour the last few hours on our balcony with a glass of wine, and noticed that we were entering Port Canaveral quite early owing to the approaching storm. It was around 23:30 and so we all went onto the top deck to watch the approach to the port. Shortly after we docked, the Carnival Princess also returned to her berth early. The ship now was very quiet and at 00:15 we decided to play a round of crazy golf, before reaching our beds for the final time at 01:30.

One nice touch that Emma had noticed whilst in her bunk – a Tinkerbell silhouette set into the ceiling of the bunk.

Coming up next – Farewell Disney Dream – Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek – Cheesecake Factory

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 07-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a great last day on the ship and how wonderful that your server from Palo got you those chocolate strawberrys .... what fab service
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Fab service from Palo.

Really want to go on one of the new ships now to compare to the classics but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
wigeboo
Mouseketeer

thanks for the update

me DH DD

Planning my tenth Disney holiday
wigeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I've really been enjoying your report. Brunch at Palo looks great! I've just booked it for our cruise in October. Amazing service from Coskun too! Looking forward to reading more.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: