Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

We're Still Hungry! A DDW July Getaway - 8/5 Complete!

Last time (or times) in March and May, we experienced some delicious meals throughout WDW. Artist Point and Yachtsman continued to impress us, Tutto Gusto made a satisfying first impression, and there were other surprises as well (such as cake pops, citrus swirls, and truffle oil hot dogs).

Well, we couldn't wait much longer, so we decided to take another short trip. We'll be staying at the Contemporary after scoring a great annual passholder rate, and we're super excited to be arriving on Friday.

Happy 4th of July to everyone, and I can't wait to get started on the reviews in about a week!

Last edited by DonaldDoleWhip; 08-07-2012 at 08:33 PM.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
jabead
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm first!! Count me in!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I am definitely in! Haven't made any changes to our plans in at least a week so we'll see if your reviews break my streak!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hooray!!! More donald reviews! I am excited to hear all about it.

Enjoy your trip and happy dining! (I tend to think it's al about the food so I hope you enjoy your tme between meals as well! )
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I've been to Narcoossee and we really enjoyed it. That was almost 5 years ago, so I'm looking forward to hearing your update with the new chef. We have AP and CG ADR's for our Oct trip, so can't wait to see those reviews too.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Yay, I'm first!! Count me in!
Thanks so much for following along! Your recent reviews have been keeping me going over the past few weeks, so I hope mine do the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I am definitely in! Haven't made any changes to our plans in at least a week so we'll see if your reviews break my streak!
Thanks for joining! Very impressive that your plans have remained in place for over a week - can't wait to see how your itinerary ends up changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hooray!!! More donald reviews! I am excited to hear all about it.

Enjoy your trip and happy dining! (I tend to think it's al about the food so I hope you enjoy your tme between meals as well! )
Thanks so much! I hope my reviews help the time go by before your next trip (as I know I'll be reading your reviews to help with my withdrawal ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I've been to Narcoossee and we really enjoyed it. That was almost 5 years ago, so I'm looking forward to hearing your update with the new chef. We have AP and CG ADR's for our Oct trip, so can't wait to see those reviews too.
I'm really excited to review Narcoossee's again - based on the menu alone, I have a feeling that they've stepped things up. Hopefully my AP and CG reviews will also be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
So excited for this!
Thanks for joining in! I'm glad to see that you have a trip coming up soon - hopefully the reviews will start whetting your appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Have a great trip!
Thank so much! I'm happy that you're following along.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
GGCATS
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to your report. I'm anxious to hear about Narcoossees, that has always been a favorite of ours, but our last trip was 2 years ago. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGCATS View Post
Looking forward to your report. I'm anxious to hear about Narcoossees, that has always been a favorite of ours, but our last trip was 2 years ago. Enjoy!
I can't wait to tell you more about Narcoossee's! Their current menu is quite impressive - they still have classics like the lobster, surf & turf, crispy whole snapper, and almond-crusted cheesecake, but many of their other menu items have received some interesting updates. Hopefully I'll have nothing but positive things to say about our meal there.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I'm really looking forward to reading your reviews.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Quin
DIS Veteran

I'll also be following along! Wishing you an enjoyable and DRY trip, unlike the prior few weeks.

It is far too early for ADRs for us but my tentative plan at this time is DxDP in order to try multiple Signatures. Cali Grill was my 'wild card' - couldn't decide whether to include it or not - but Disney has taken it off the table with the refurb. Ah, well, more room for other choices.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
I'm really looking forward to reading your reviews.
Thanks so much for joining in! I really hope you enjoy the reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
I'll also be following along! Wishing you an enjoyable and DRY trip, unlike the prior few weeks.

It is far too early for ADRs for us but my tentative plan at this time is DxDP in order to try multiple Signatures. Cali Grill was my 'wild card' - couldn't decide whether to include it or not - but Disney has taken it off the table with the refurb. Ah, well, more room for other choices.
Thanks for the wishes! Even if it ends up raining, we definitely won't let that ruin our trip.

DxDP would be a great way to try various signature restaurants. Even though Cali Grill will be closed for a while, there are quite a few other signatures that would be worth trying. I highly recommend Artist Point and Yachtsman, and hopefully my reviews of AP and Narcoossee's will speak for themselves.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Yay another trip Can't wait to hear all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: