Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
DisneyPrideBaby
Earning My Ears

When I met Rapunzel I was wearing a Hairspray the musical shirt and Rapunzel said with a super excited voice "hairspray! I love hairspray!" So I said you probably use a lot of it.. And she said, "I buy it by the gallon!" It was so cute and funny. But as far as CMs.. This might be more a bit sweet than funny, but I was wearing a b-day pin when I went to pick up my food at AK. The CM told me where the condiments were in a rather serious tone. Then he said, "oh and one more thing..." I thought, oh no! I probably did something wrong! But then he sang happy birthday to me! It made me laugh bc he had been soooo serious.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
jennyl772003
Since I got married on Castaway Cay, shouldn't I get to go back every year for my anniversary?
We order lots of pizza, but switch the brands around so that the delivery men don't think we're quite so pathetic

This was a few years ago in the pin store in Frontierland (I think). A CM came up to my DH, pooh sized, rubbed his belly, and then said she was rubbing the Buddha for good luck.

It was so unexpected. People are weirdly drawn to my DH like that...

July 20-Aug 3, 2013 AKV Jambo Concierge; Aug 18-30, 2012 AKV Jambo; Nov 4-18, 2011 AKV Jambo Concierge; Aug 7-22, 2010 AKV Jambo; Aug 22-Sept 6, 2009 AKV Kidani; Sept 16-27, 2008 AKV Jambo; Sept 29-Oct 6 Magic Eastern & Oct 6-10, 2007 SSR; August 18-2, 2006 CSR; Feb 28-March 5, 2006 Pop; August 18-27, 2005 Pop & SSR; August 21-28 Magic San Juan Cruise & Aug 29-30, 2004 off site; June 28-July 5 Magic Wedding Cruise & July 5-9, 2003 POR; July 22-27, 2002 POR
jennyl772003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #33
DWHoneymoon
Honeymoon October 2012

These are so funny!! I hope for some extra laughs like these when we go in October!

Disney World Honeymoon October 15 - 29, 2012
DWHoneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
gigglingponies
Earning My Ears

The funniest thing I ever hear at Disney World was on the Jungle Cruise during Spring Break 2011. We were at the end of our tour, waiting for the boat infront of us to unload, after a few jokes about the dock the tour guide asked "Does anyone have any questions?"

A little boy raised his hand and very patiently waited for the CM to pick him. When he finally asked the little guy what his question was the boy replied "There are two ducks in the water!" pointing at two live ducks by the dock.

The tour guide replied very seriously "well that's more of a statement than a question..." then after a comical pause praised the little guy for "spotting the only live animals on the tour". Our whole boat roared with laughter.
gigglingponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #35
luvthatduke
It's not a vacation unless it's a Road Trip...
Can't do without my Swiffers!

At HS 3 years ago, we were standing in line to meet the Queen.
My (then) very young son got shy so I walked up
and DH got ready to take a picture.
I was wearing a small tiara instead of ears that trip,
and she looked me up and down very slowly.
She then sneered at me and asked,
"How dare you wear a crown in MY PARK!"

I cracked up, she stayed in character (of course!).

~ Greg Laurie, paraphrased.

"Young boys should never be sent to bed.
They always wake up a day older.
And then, before you know it, they're grown."

This is a high-class joint, act respectable.
luvthatduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #36
pg0314
Mouseketeer

Posted this a while ago in another thread so I'm just copying and pasting here: This happened almost 20 years ago, but I remember it as if it were yesterday! We were seated in the balcony for the Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue so we had to swivel around in our seats to watch the show. That meant our backs were to the table so we didn't notice the servers sneaking in with the first course. At a certain point in the song, all the servers slammed their metal buckets full of fried chicken down onto the metal dinner plates. It was like a canon going off and everyone jumped and laughed.

So, the song ended and we all served ourselves from the bucket of chicken. Our server (who missed his calling as a stand up comedian) came back with the next course, also in a metal bucket. He lifted it up as if to slam it down on the plates and then did a double take when he saw the food already there. He looked at the chicken breast on my friend's plate, then looked at her, then back at the plate. Then with a perfectly straight face he said, "Pardon me, ma'am but could you lift up your breast?" Well, we just lost it! We probably missed half the show because we just could not stop laughing. And everytime the server came back, he'd give us a smirky little smile or crack a joke and we'd be off again. It reached the point where we wouldn't even look the server in the eye because just the sight of him sent us into hysterics.

The Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue was okay but it was really the server who made our night. Needless to say, he got a big tip!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #37
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

We have had so many funny moments at Disney. One night I was videoing on the Jungle Cruise and we had the funniest tour guide. He was saying things about Hannah Montanna and the Jonas Brothers that had the kids cracking up. After every little funny joke that he would say he would turn to me and say that was for our friends on YouTube! he made several wise cracks to me about it. He was fantastic! He had all of us laughing so hard, and i didn't have the heart to tell him I had no clue how to put the video on YouTube. he was the best guide we have ever had there.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #38
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

Those were terrific stories! I totally enjoyed reading these - thanks for the smiles with my morning coffee! Keep 'em coming please!
smallworldnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #39
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Not a cast member but in Disney...

Walking through Epcot, I overhead a dad say to his child: "If someone steals you, I'll be mad. I could have gotten money for you."
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #40
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

On Pirates of the Caribbean...

As the boat is pulling up to the end of the ride, the CM with the microphone starts singing...

"Yo ho, yo ho, it's time to get off the boat."

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #41
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

First I have one from during the marathon. I like to do the character Meet and Greets along the race route. And in the midst of MK they had out Tiana, Naveen, and Louis. So I stop to get a picture. Now it should be noted I'm wearing Tinkerbell wings but not much else in way of costume other than normal running clothes. It should also be noted that the CMs doing these Meet and Greet don't really talk to the runners usually so the four or so times I've have character interactions during the races I remember them quiet well. In this case Naveen decided since I was wearing wings I must have some sort of magic resulting in the following comment. Basically I don't remember the exact words but he was asking for some magic pixie dust to help solve his problems. I didn't say anything (there's only one case where I have replied to a character interaction mid race and that was due to a direct question (yes more direct than Naveen asking for pixie dust, I had an Eric from the Feb trip recognize me during the Princess half from the previous day's M&G actually recognize me and ask how I was doing (best memory of Disney by far))) but I was cracking up inside the entire time I was stopped for the photo. I just found his obvious fascination with getting some magical help was great and funny in a strange way.

Second is from my February trip, not during the race. I was off meeting the Cinderella step-family. And we were talking about the next day's race and they were signing my autograph book. It should be noted the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party was going on at this time on the other side of the castle from where the M&G was occurring. It should be noted that I'm not a huge parade person and was having not the easiest time concentrating with it going on in the background. And I guess the step-sisters picked up on this. Because Anastasia shortly before the picture was taken turned in the direction of the wall around the moat where you could see the floats in the castle hub, and proceeded to start yelling at them to turn it down much to my amusement. Drisella joined in almost immediately and they went on for a good few minutes with them making comments about the noise and the parade (just as a side note Lady Tremaine did not join in). I started laughing so hard at the entire yelling match, because it was so them yet so funny.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Upcoming RunDisney Races: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Disneyland 5k 2014, Wine and Dine 2014 & Avengers Half Marathon 2014 (aka my first attempt at a double back since 2011), WDW 5k 2015, WDW Marathon 2015 , Tinkerbell 5k 2015, Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 2015, Dumbo Double Dare 2015, Avengers 2015 (if I don't do these I will be shocked),
Upcoming Races: LA Quarter Marathon 2014, MCM 17.75 2015 (contingent on how well WDW goes because this will be my entry into the Marine Corps Marathon, if I run a sub 6:00 marathon than its all green for this race, thank god registration for this is post-WDW)
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #42
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

DD and I were on the Jungle Cruise in '07, later at night, and we get to the part with the plane crash, and the Captain says "Oh look, a plane crash. That can only mean one thing...LOST, Thurs. nights at 9 pm on ABC."
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #43
whatcateydid
Mouseketeer

My fiancé and I got engaged during our last trip in 2010. We were wearing our Just Engaged buttons and as we were getting off PotC the CM stopped my fiancé and said "Congratulations! How many dubloons did you pay for her?"
whatcateydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #44
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

"Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop."

Spoken by a cocktail waitress at the old Catwalk Bar, as she served my tequila sunrise...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
PrincessShea
Always planning...

We had a dessert party in Epcot for my wedding that included an open bar (it's relevant to note that this was a "premium" package that included the top-shelf stuff.)

My sister asked the bartender for a Pabst Blue Ribbon () He told her, totally dead-pan, "We don't have that. But I could pour some beer through a sock for you."

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: