Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #286
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Going through bag check for MNSSHP a few weeks ago the security officer had to comment DS (16 months) on his great baby costume, asked if he was like 36, 37 years old. A couple of days later, bag check again, another security officer saw our box of Dunkin Donuts and told me he was going to have to confiscate them.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #287
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

At Disneyland Paris in 2005, boarding Space Mountain. Cast member looks at my shirt and says "oh that shirt is so cool. I wish I had that shirt"

I was wearing a Disney's California Adventure shirt.

True story.

I do love DCA though. Still, kind of funny for the CM to say something about it. Especially back in 2005.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #288
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

The CM's at Disney really hep to make the experience.

When DH and I were there on our honeymoon and we had our "Just Married" buttons on. One day when we went to EPCOT there was a really sweet man doing the bag check. He said to my DH "Now that you are married, what are the two most important things to remember?" and my sweet little DH was like "uh, honesty and communication?" and the CM said "Yes Dear… those are the two more important words to know" lol It was so funny

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #289
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

This is fantastic! Subbing!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #290
rainydayplay
DIS Veteran

The last time I could get my DD to ride HM, our hitchhiking ghost was bouncing on her head. She said it gave her a headache. I caught a HM CM outside and asked if he knew anywhere I could get something for a headache caused by ghosts bouncing on someone's head. He pointed me in the direction of a store that he thought sold things like ibuprofen. I repeated myself.... "headache caused by a ghost" ... and swear I made him facepalm himself. Now certainly...I had hopes of some "trick" for scared kids...and I think I wound up buying her a "magic bracelet" in Adventure Land that, uh...keeps ghosts away... (or whatever I made up), but I think it was a funny moment. Could just be me, though...
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #291
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

I have taken to asking the CMs when the 3pm parade is...the last one said, "we don't have those here and suggested i hang around for the 2:55pm parade which will start 5min late".... I was very proud of myself. I kept a straight face the whole time, thanked him for his help and walked away. He probably thought he should hand me a "here is your sign, sign"..
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #292
50surgeries2012
Mouseketeer

Smile

The cast members at the Old Key West resort are awesome!!! One of them who was working in the resort gift shop decided to make me, and my best friend laugh by saying, "Would you ladies like to see me do an impression of Donald Duck?" We both said, "Sure", and he nailed the Donald Duck voice down so good. I can't remember what he said, but it was funny. It got me, and my best friend laughing so hard that we had tears streaming down our face.
50surgeries2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #293
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Just thought of line I heard at DL about 7 years ago. DH and I were watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. In the middle of the show, a teenager at the table right in front of the stage answered her cell phone. Well, Billy #1 caught wind of this and totally staying in character asked her who was on the phone, it was her dad. He asked for the phone and started talking to her dad, still in character, saying that he was her boyfriend,"We're in love and getting married". He handed the phone back to her,"He sounds mad." The whole audience was in stitches, the teen, not so much.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #294
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

We were at 50's Prime Time last week. At first, Cousin Mikey came over and laid the stuff on the table and got our drink order. We mentioned after he brought everyone their drinks that he seemed really nice, but not a lot of fun. DD had ordered a cherry coke and had finished about 3/4 of it pretty quickly. He came over calm as he could be and set a glass down in front of her. She quickly said, "Thank you" and he said, "You're welcome" and set another down and everything was repeated. We had not even noticed he had more on his tray. After the fouth one, he said, "There you go, Miss Camel! That should hold you for a while" in his snittiest voice. We just started laughing and she was laughing so hard, she was crying. I've always said she was part camel because she can down water, tea, soda like crazy. . Then, to make it funnier, he walked back over with a map of DHS. He had circled all of the restrooms all over the park in red and wrote on the side, "Bed Wetter Guide". We laughed even more. A few minutes later he brought me a drink, and said "There you go. We don't want you to have to take one from The Princess now do we" as he rolled his eyes at her.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #295
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Last August.. My 2nd oldest SON had rather long hair. All trip he had been called a Princess. It had gotten rather old..he dresses like a boy, looked like a boy just had long blonde hair.

Well about mid way through the 11 day trip we had a Magical Gathering breakfast at Tony's ( 21 of us) and when our waitress approached our table she said "2 princesses and a prince?"..I said NO..1 princess 2 princes.. she ( without missing a BEAT) says to Declan "Well it's better to be a pretty princess than an ugly prince"..I about choked on my juice.. it was great. He def got over being called a princess the whole time..lol

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #296
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
Last August.. My 2nd oldest SON had rather long hair. All trip he had been called a Princess. It had gotten rather old..he dresses like a boy, looked like a boy just had long blonde hair.

Well about mid way through the 11 day trip we had a Magical Gathering breakfast at Tony's ( 21 of us) and when our waitress approached our table she said "2 princesses and a prince?"..I said NO..1 princess 2 princes.. she ( without missing a BEAT) says to Declan "Well it's better to be a pretty princess than an ugly prince"..I about choked on my juice.. it was great. He def got over being called a princess the whole time..lol
This is so funny! I love how CMs come up with this stuff so quickly. Whenever I am in a situation like that, 5 minutes later I am thinking "I should have said......"

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #297
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
This is so funny! I love how CMs come up with this stuff so quickly. Whenever I am in a situation like that, 5 minutes later I am thinking "I should have said......"
Exactly.I still say this to him at least once a week ( and he doesnt even have the long hair anymore!)..never will forget that meal ( even though the food was forgettable),

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #298
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

We had bought one of those stuffed cub bears at AK where you can put your hand through the back of it's head and make it do really life-like motions. Well, my older daughter took it over to a bench at AK and sat there pretending she was tending to the cub bear. It was amazing how many people stopped and asked if it was real. One lady was very upset that they allowed my daughter to be handling a "baby bear" out in public.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #299
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33
We had bought one of those stuffed cub bears at AK where you can put your hand through the back of it's head and make it do really life-like motions. Well, my older daughter took it over to a bench at AK and sat there pretending she was tending to the cub bear. It was amazing how many people stopped and asked if it was real. One lady was very upset that they allowed my daughter to be handling a "baby bear" out in public.
Where do they sell these? My niece would love this.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #300
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara
I was entering Epcot on a solo trip. It was, let's say (quoting Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond), it was my ladies' day. Let's just say I brought enough stuff to be prepared for battle that day.

I got to the security desk, placed my bag on the table, and opened my backpack wide enough so the guard could so all the way to the bottom. I was not thrilled about having to pull anything out of my bag that day.

The guard flashes his flashlight, looked in and looked up at me and smiled. Laying on top of my camera, wallet, bottled water, and first aid kit, was a ziplock bag full of product. Right there in full view.

He never batted an eye.

Security guard: You seem surprisingly chipper today, for, well, you know.

Me: I have never had issues in that department.

Security guard: Wow, your husband is lucky, my wife is a bit.. those days.

Me: Actually, I am not married.

Security guard: So, where you from?

I had a magical day that day.
Ha! I've had a similar run in with this same guard! Too funny..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: