Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #271
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoodb00 View Post
OMG you had cousin Cooper too?!?!?! We had him back in March of 2011. He was amazing! He really made our trip memorable. We still can't sit at the dinner table with our elbows on the table because we are afraid cousin Cooper will see!
Yes, we still talk about Cousin Cooper! One of the things he did to me was
stand there & twiddle his thumbs while I finished eating (I've always been a
slow eater). My dh does that to me now, and we have a little chuckle
over our long-lost "cousin" from 50's Prime Time.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #272
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

Going into AK early, we bought some muffins and fruit for breakfast. The bag checker looked in my bag and said "you're good, just make sure to keep that banana away from the monkeys."

I was half asleep, I said oh ok and walked away. Got a few steps and started cracking up, half at the joke and half at my not getting it. He must have noticed cause he yelled after me "try to be quicker around the monkeys too."

At MHSSHP my DS was dressed as Mario. A CM asked where Luigi was and he said "at the hotel fighting Bowser. The CM got so excited saying he needs to work there because he thought so fast and stayed in character.

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #273
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread!! Kept me distracted at work for WAY too long.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #274
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

When I asked for the driest seat on Splash Mountain, the CM looked at me very seriously, put his hand on my shoulder and said "Sweetie, you know this is called Splash Mountain for a reason right?"
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #275
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Having worked in a high-spiel attraction, some of the funniest stuff said by cast members is completely inadvertant. While on Safari, I remember accidentally saying that the Bongo (antelope) have a wing-span of up to 8 or 9 feet long, or that the white-faced whistling ducks can stand up to 6 feet tall at the shoulder. I also had a co-worker who proclaimed that the Harambe Wildlife Reserve is patrolled by airborne elephants. Or that storks like to eat small sheep.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #276
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Bump- anyone have any new ones to add?!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #277
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

LOL! Too funny I love the CMs!

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #278
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs
Bump- anyone have any new ones to add?!

When I went this past May, we accidentally ended up in that character "explosion" in HS. We had no clue that it was going to happen. Anyhoo, while we were gawping in giddy amazement, I mentioned to my sister how fit Mrs. Incredible looked in her costume. Of course, I meant it as a kudos to Mrs. Incredible's "friend", but a nearby cast member heard me and said "And thats after having 3 kids!!!" I bust out laughing and had to wipe tears lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #279
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater92
The best one I heard at WDW was when we were getting off a Friendship Boat at DHS. The Captain did his usual please wait until the boat is docked etc. then he went on to don't forget your children, if you do they will be sent to lost and found and you can find them singing on Its a Small World tomorrow, if your kids have been bad you can pick out new ones.

The funniest thing I've ever seen in a park was at Seaworld. We were over looking at the clydesdales and me and my dad were standing off to the side by an empty stall waiting for everyone else and he looked and me and said walk to the other side of the barn and watch this. So I walked to the other side and my dad said loud enough for everyone to hear him, "aww look at the baby horse." Then he moved over to where I was and everyone in the barn was over at that empty stall looking for the baby horse while we were about falling down laughing. My mom and sis were two of the people looking and my mom turned around and glared at us and a woman standing next to her asked if we were with her, she said yes then the woman told my mom she's sorry.
You father is a riot!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #280
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseWolvrine View Post
Having worked in a high-spiel attraction, some of the funniest stuff said by cast members is completely inadvertant. While on Safari, I remember accidentally saying that the Bongo (antelope) have a wing-span of up to 8 or 9 feet long, or that the white-faced whistling ducks can stand up to 6 feet tall at the shoulder. I also had a co-worker who proclaimed that the Harambe Wildlife Reserve is patrolled by airborne elephants. Or that storks like to eat small sheep.
KSR love!! "The impala can jump 30 feet, breathe fire, and save children from burning buildings!" Guests would never flinch when I said this. Or I'd point out a hippo, and the guests would all scream "LOOK AT THE RHINO!!" I swear nobody listens to the game drivers We also made up creative stories about Harambe's history and why the lions weren't going to eat us. RIP Warden Wilson
Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #281
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
KSR love!! "The impala can jump 30 feet, breathe fire, and save children from burning buildings!" Guests would never flinch when I said this. Or I'd point out a hippo, and the guests would all scream "LOOK AT THE RHINO!!" I swear nobody listens to the game drivers We also made up creative stories about Harambe's history and why the lions weren't going to eat us. RIP Warden Wilson
I also remember crossing onto East Savannah, the white rhinos were right there, and someone in row 3 or 4 yelled out "Triceratops!" (If it was a kid, it would have been cute, but it was an adult)

While working on trains: "Jambo, karibuni, welcome aboard. My name is SyracuseWolvrine and I'll be your game driver for your two week ... (pause) ... train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch."
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #282
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Hew, Eric, good to see you.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #283
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Hew, Eric, good to see you.
Hi Dan, good to see you also.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #284
Tinkerbell63
DIS Veteran

Many years ago when my daughters were 5 and 9, my DH was trying to take a picture of them with Minnie. My 5 year old was being difficult, and after the picture, the girls both stated that Minnie had mumbled, "Hurry up".
We still laugh about it now that they are 21 and 25.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney

Welcome to the highway in the sky...
Tinkerbell63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #285
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater92 View Post
The best one I heard at WDW was when we were getting off a Friendship Boat at DHS. The Captain did his usual please wait until the boat is docked etc. then he went on to don't forget your children, if you do they will be sent to lost and found and you can find them singing on Its a Small World tomorrow, if your kids have been bad you can pick out new ones.

The funniest thing I've ever seen in a park was at Seaworld. We were over looking at the clydesdales and me and my dad were standing off to the side by an empty stall waiting for everyone else and he looked and me and said walk to the other side of the barn and watch this. So I walked to the other side and my dad said loud enough for everyone to hear him, "aww look at the baby horse." Then he moved over to where I was and everyone in the barn was over at that empty stall looking for the baby horse while we were about falling down laughing. My mom and sis were two of the people looking and my mom turned around and glared at us and a woman standing next to her asked if we were with her, she said yes then the woman told my mom she's sorry.
We do something similar when we are in the parks - all you have to do is stop (like near Tree of Life or Expedition Everest) and stare up at the top. Pointing up in vague direction and quiet chatter between the participants is helpful. You can't imagine the crowd you can draw! After people have gathered, just walk away

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: