Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #256
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Bump.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #257
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

OMG DYING!

Jungle Cruise:
"Wave goodbye to all those lovely people!...You're never going to see them again. Don't worry, you never saw them before anyway!"
Going by the plane crash
"And here's my home! I know its a plain but its a great place to crash. I tried to get my sister to come stay with me but I couldn't propel her."
The monkey's attacking camp
"Oh I'm sorry. My boyfriend's parents are visiting...*later* Just kidding, I don't have a boyfriend."

On my second cruise 2 kids were celebrating their birthdays. The girl says "I'll sing you your birthday song! *Here's your birthday sssooonngg!!!* That's it. what more do you want? get off my boat."

The Safari at AK:
Driving near a huge puddle of water near the end of the trip
"Who wants to get wet?!"
*Several people cheer*
"Well, let me tell you the quickest way to Kali River Rapids then."

Then there was Alice:
The CM 'handler' asked for my photopass card. I gave it to him and he said "Bwhaha its mine now. Can I have your credit card? Just kidding, watching this?" then he tried to make my PP card disappear. He couldn't do the trick very well so he shoved it up his sleeve and proclaimed "TADA!"
Then after my photo with Alice, she asked if I was alone, when I told her my mother was there but didn't like to get her picture taken, Alice asked for my mom's name and started SHOUTING it (along with the handler). Then when I went to go find her, Alice skipped behind me and told her handler "We're going to find Carol!" When we found my mom, Alice said "I hear you're not in any pictures! That's about to change." and made my mom come up with us.

Also at AK, my mom and I were fascinated by the bear puppets. I had gone to the bathroom or on a ride or something and my mom had gone up to one of the little stands. She asked the worker how the bear worked and the girl apparently looked at her, really confused and said, in a serious tone of voice "Work? he's *REAL*"

Our first day, we went right to the food court at All-Star Movies because we were starving. We had no clue how the food plan worked but I knew we got mugs. So we each picked a mug and a little pizza. We went up to the cashier and my mom goes "Its our first day!" The CM goes "So you have no idea what you're doing then." We cracked up and whenever she was working we tried to go through line.

Oh I forgot this one. Not a cm but a parent:
"Dad, what's child swap?"
"That's where we leave you and then go ride the ride. When its over we come back and pick out new kids."

Last edited by jnoble82; 11-14-2012 at 06:20 PM.
jnoble82 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #258
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Wow- looks like you and your mom had some fantastic CM interactions. I hope the rest of your trip was just as wonerful!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #259
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

It was amazing! Definitely the best way to celebrate the big 3-0 Can't wait to go back! Alice happened on my birthday so it was a huge highlight along with my encounter with Donald which has left me enamored with the original angry bird.

I did encounter a group of 3 cms at the halloween party who seemed a bit...bored (They were in the secondary sorcerer's location so I don't think they saw too many people). One said to me "Nice costume." (I wasn't wearing one). To which I replied "Thanks, I worked soo hard on it!" They seemed happy someone was there to visit them. I hope they didn't have to spend their whole night there
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #260
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

so on my first trip with my mother the first character line we got in was for pooh and tigger. it was really hot and in the sun. they made an announcement pooh was going for a honey break with tigger and may not come back. people started to freak that their kids may have tantrums if pooh did not come back and demanded to know why. she said tigger was cooler as he was "naked". my mother started to freak out thinking the person inside the tigger suit was naked and the person in the pooh suit was wearing clothes. she was like omg tigger is a comlete pervert, don't let him touch you!

i let her know she was referring to the fact pooh had a red sweater while tigger had nothing. i am guessing the pooh suit may have more insulation or something to make it hotter. i think this was a poor choice of words for the cranky handler. still to this day my mother jokes about how silly she was and will be like oh tigger? hes a total perv.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #261
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
On our most recent trip, we had lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and "Cousin Cooper" was
hilarious! We got the full treatment, and even dh who was a first-timer had fun. When
we were leaving, we thanked Cousin Cooper and promised to send folks his way. And he
replied "Yeah, I'll still be here. Thanks for reminding me!"

We also overhead some funny lines at the Jedi Training.
A little boy was flailing away at Darth Vader's arms. The trainer reminded the boy to hit the light saber only. "He's not a pinata--neither am I".
And observing a cute little girl who was very quick and agile while fighting Vader, the trainer remarked on her excellent fighting skills..."You must have older brothers!"
Jedi Training never fails to entertain.
OMG you had cousin Cooper too?!?!?! We had him back in March of 2011. He was amazing! He really made our trip memorable. We still can't sit at the dinner table with our elbows on the table because we are afraid cousin Cooper will see!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

kgoodb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #262
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare asked us how far we had come and we replied Delaware. He said for traveling such a long way, we must have been using one of those new fangled magic carpets he had been hearing about!

Anastasia came by, admiring my eye shadow. It was green. She said green was her favorite color because it was the color of money.

She then turned to the next table to sign an autograph and the table did not have a pen. I whipped mine out and gave it to her and she thanked me for being so well prepared. When she was done, I put mine hand out for it, she gave me a big huff and stuffed it back in my hand and stomped away!

We had a blast.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #263
Angebee
Mouseketeer

A tram operator was taking us back to the parking lots at Magic Kingdom and announcing them as we pulled up to a couple of the Seven Dwarves lots.

"And now we are coming up to Sleepy and Dopey. All the sleepy people on the left; all the dopey people on the right."

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #264
Tx_Belle
Aspiring Authoress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Anastasia came by, admiring my eye shadow. It was green. She said green was her favorite color because it was the color of money.
You gotta love those stepsisters. They're always a lot of fun to watch and listen to.

1981 (Off site) / 1984 (Off site) / 1988 (FW) / 1989 (CBR) / 1991 (CBR) /
1992 (FW) / 1993 (CR) / 1996 (DI) / 2002 (AS Sport) / 2008 (WL) / 2009 (WL)
Tx_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #265
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

On a Disney Cruise my daughter forgot her key in the room and went to Guest Services to get a new one. The castmember said no problem getting a new key, "but do you think your parents are OK with the $50 new room key charge?" My daughter said her jaw hit the ground and she was speechless. The CM told her he was just joking. Hahahahahah, that would have been hilarious to see.

Getting on Tower of Terror I ask the bellhop if they had fixed the elevator yet, he said, "It still has its ups and downs".

Was at the golf tournament recently at WDW and one of the amateurs hit his tee shot out of bounds. He turned to the official and asked, "Can I quit". The official said, "No sir". The golfer dejectedly said, "OK" and hung his head. He then proceeded to hit the next ball out of bounds also.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #266
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Getting on the bus with a bunch of other people to head over to the golf tournament the security guard was listing off things that couldn't be brought in, and lastly he looked at my two daughters and said, "also, all Hershey's Chocolate milk must be given to me".

Jungle cruise, "This cruise was sponsored by Animal Crackers, helping to teach kids that all animals taste the same........ delicious".
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #267
CurlyJo224
DIS Veteran

DH was getting on Kali River Rapids. As he's getting ready to board the raft, there was a couple getting on the same raft who were the only ones not wearing ponchos. The woman looked at everyone nervously, and asks DH how wet she's going to get. He told her it depends on how the boat goes. The CM told her, "Oh you'll be fine. Just sit in the corner!"

** Summer 1985 - First trip with family. Off property ** Summer 1991 - Trip with Dad. Off property ** Spring 1998 - Trip with Mom. Off property ** Halloween 2006 - Honeymoon. All-Star Movies ** Halloween 2007 - 1st Anniversary. All-Star Music ** Halloween 2008 - 2nd Anniversary. All-Star Sports ** Halloween 2009 - 3rd Anniversary. Pop Century ** Halloween 2010 - 4th Anniversary. Pop Century **Halloween 2012 - 6th Anniversary. Pop Century**July 2013 - Florida Residents!
CurlyJo224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #268
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
I'm sure many others have heard this line, but the first time it was said to my sister we all burst out laughing.......

She had Winnie the Pooh on her shirt, and the CM said "Did you know you have a little POOH on your shirt?" She looked shocked, then realized he was joking!
This happened at AK to me a few years ago. I was getting my bagged checked before entering the park and the security woman checking my bag said this to me and I knew immediately she meant my shirt.

Not in the parks but the other day when I was chatting online with a Disney rep, she put "Ugh" in the chat and then proceeded with "My apologies, I accidentally hit my key board...."

That is definitely not something I am used to seeing. Surprisingly, she has actually been the most helpful of any of the reps I have ever chatted with online before.

Also, several years ago, my niece and I were headed on ToT and we were the only two in the queue (I guess it wasn't busy that day). When we got inside, the two guys working said that we couldn't go on because the ride was closing. We just looked at him and he said just kidding and let us on the ride.

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #269
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33
Getting on the bus with a bunch of other people to head over to the golf tournament the security guard was listing off things that couldn't be brought in, and lastly he looked at my two daughters and said, "also, all Hershey's Chocolate milk must be given to me".
".
A little OT but when I was a teen my family visited family in Colorado and did some touring. We decided to picnic on a pizza somewhere on Pikes Peak. When we got to the park entry check point, the ranger very seriously explained that pizza was not allowed as it attracted bears. For a few seconds, he almost had my parents convinced to hand it over to him

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #270
MKRuns 26
Mouseketeer

Bump because this is a great and funny thead.
Disney Magic- X 4

WDW- More times then I can count
DL- Soon
MKRuns 26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: