Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #242
Sandi12404
Mouseketeer

My dd loves Aladdin she says she is going to marry him. So we stood in line for almost an hour so she could meet him. She took the pictures with Aladdin and Jasmine and then asked if she could have a picture with just Aladdin. Jasmine got all huffy and said "you know he's married right?" and offered to fix her hair for the picture.

me hubby dd15 dd9 ds 1
Sandi12404 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #243
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
We had a dessert party in Epcot for my wedding that included an open bar (it's relevant to note that this was a "premium" package that included the top-shelf stuff.)

My sister asked the bartender for a Pabst Blue Ribbon () He told her, totally dead-pan, "We don't have that. But I could pour some beer through a sock for you."
Best comment ever
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #244
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi12404 View Post
My dd loves Aladdin she says she is going to marry him. So we stood in line for almost an hour so she could meet him. She took the pictures with Aladdin and Jasmine and then asked if she could have a picture with just Aladdin. Jasmine got all huffy and said "you know he's married right?" and offered to fix her hair for the picture.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #245
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
DH, who is from Atlanta, is so shocked by all the Ohio State fans here in NC!! He is so embarassed when I shout "O-H!" or "Go Bucks!" at a stranger! LOL
I do the same thing. Go Bucks!!

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #246
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

On our most recent trip, we had lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and "Cousin Cooper" was
hilarious! We got the full treatment, and even dh who was a first-timer had fun. When
we were leaving, we thanked Cousin Cooper and promised to send folks his way. And he
replied "Yeah, I'll still be here. Thanks for reminding me!"

We also overhead some funny lines at the Jedi Training.
A little boy was flailing away at Darth Vader's arms. The trainer reminded the boy to hit the light saber only. "He's not a pinata--neither am I".
And observing a cute little girl who was very quick and agile while fighting Vader, the trainer remarked on her excellent fighting skills..."You must have older brothers!"
Jedi Training never fails to entertain.
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #247
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

The best one I heard at WDW was when we were getting off a Friendship Boat at DHS. The Captain did his usual please wait until the boat is docked etc. then he went on to don't forget your children, if you do they will be sent to lost and found and you can find them singing on Its a Small World tomorrow, if your kids have been bad you can pick out new ones.

The funniest thing I've ever seen in a park was at Seaworld. We were over looking at the clydesdales and me and my dad were standing off to the side by an empty stall waiting for everyone else and he looked and me and said walk to the other side of the barn and watch this. So I walked to the other side and my dad said loud enough for everyone to hear him, "aww look at the baby horse." Then he moved over to where I was and everyone in the barn was over at that empty stall looking for the baby horse while we were about falling down laughing. My mom and sis were two of the people looking and my mom turned around and glared at us and a woman standing next to her asked if we were with her, she said yes then the woman told my mom she's sorry.
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #248
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Skipper to my DD as the duck flew onto his shoulder for the very 1st of many times:

"I have never seen this duck before in my life."

Last edited by twinklebug; 10-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #249
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

At MNSSHP Lady Leota is a character that sits on a bench near the que of HM. A couple of years ago DH (48) wore a Charlie Brown Zig Zag Shirt with brown shorts, shoes, etc. Now you have to picture DH--he is quite pooh sized with a wonderful belly to fill out the CB shirt. He is also bald and usually has a 3 o'clock shadow on his face.

Lady Leota as we are walking by....
"Hey Charlie, Charlie Brown, yeah you, man you look old and when did you start drinking?" It made his night and we love her.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #250
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

DD was meeting Ariel and they were discussing Halloween costumes. Ariel told my DD that she would be Captain America for Halloween (DD was wearing an old school cartoon Avengers t-shirt) because "he has a starfish on his shield".
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #251
_Mickey_
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCortWort View Post
I do the same thing. Go Bucks!!

My family does this as well. I was actually wearing an Ohio State poncho while watching the Christmas Parade and one of characters (a penguin I think) came up to me and mimed the O-H-I-O. It was hilarious!

_Mickey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #252
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
At MNSSHP Lady Leota is a character that sits on a bench near the que of HM. A couple of years ago DH (48) wore a Charlie Brown Zig Zag Shirt with brown shorts, shoes, etc. Now you have to picture DH--he is quite pooh sized with a wonderful belly to fill out the CB shirt. He is also bald and usually has a 3 o'clock shadow on his face.

Lady Leota as we are walking by....
"Hey Charlie, Charlie Brown, yeah you, man you look old and when did you start drinking?" It made his night and we love her.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #253
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
DD was meeting Ariel and they were discussing Halloween costumes. Ariel told my DD that she would be Captain America for Halloween (DD was wearing an old school cartoon Avengers t-shirt) because "he has a starfish on his shield".
Two weeks ago, DS20 insisted on seeing the Princesses at Town Hall (he didn't care which princess, just wanted his picture taken with them). He met Ariel first, and she asked him if he had been to the Food and Wine Festival. She said she didn't do it anymore because it cost so much -- "everywhere you go, a sand dollar here, a sand dollar there -- it all adds up!"

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #254
over50visits
DIS Veteran

It was raining one day as we parked and got on the tram for the MK.

The conductor said "Welcome to Florida, the Sunshine State!"
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #255
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
It was raining one day as we parked and got on the tram for the MK.

The conductor said "Welcome to Florida, the Sunshine State!"
One trip during Tropical Storm Fay, as we walked into TomorrowLand at RD, after a week of constant rain, a CM urged us to ride WDW's newest water ride. The Astro Orbitor.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: