Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #196
jmrbc9900
Earning My Ears

Bump
jmrbc9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #197
ariellover3
Earning My Ears

Last summer my twin sister and I were in Hollywood Studios and we were stopped by one of the characters dressed in a Victorian costume riding in a carriage down the main street. We were ten feet away and she shouted "gingers!!". She of course was talking in character and was very 1st class English type and engaged us in a conversation about our red curly hair . Never will forget it.
ariellover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #198
HolidayRose
Mouseketeer

This incident happened many years ago in Animal Kingdom. There was a costumed dinosaur with a huge mouth over in the dinosaur area who was teasing my young daughter by engulfing her with his whole mouth as if he was devouring her and she was extremely amused. Much later in the day we were over by the safari ride watching the parade and one of the CM parade participants walked over to my daughter and said, "A dinosaur I met told you that were delicious."
HolidayRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #199
yanilat
Earning My Ears

bump
yanilat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #200
JessM
We all have a dream

My Mom and I had a great experience at the Haunted Mansion one trip. We were in line for the actual ride (after the stretching room) and a CM tipped his head into the ride vehicle and scared two teenage girls. My Mom and I thought it was hilarious and starting laughing. Out of no where the CM came over and slammed his hand down on the divider right in front of us between the line and the ride platform! He scared the crap out of us! He never said a word he just stared us down and walked away. I don't know how they keep a straight face!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #201
jeff p
Earning My Ears

Bump
jeff p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #202
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

At Epcot, Alice's handler was awesome! He told me a few Alice-themed jokes that were super cute:
What's Alice's favorite kind of tea? CuriosiTEA
What's the Cheshire Cat's favorite kind of tea? InvisibiliTEA
What's the Queen of Hearts favorite kind of tea? RoyalTEA

DH32~Kevin, Me~Miranda, DD5~Jubilee
Miranda Danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #203
MertonJDingle
Earning My Ears

I was at Contempo Cafe getting a couple sandwiches for me and my girlfriend, and I offered up the money to pay with a smile. The CM chuckled at me and said "Mickey loves a happy giver" and I about hit the ground laughing.
MertonJDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #204
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Mine was at Disneyland a few years ago.

I had been to Miley Cyrus' concert the night before as she was in town my first day in the country so I bought one of her shirts.
The next day at Disneyland I wore the shirt and at Pirates one of the CMs struck up conversation with me in line. He asked who was on my shirt and I told him who it was and even said Hannah Montana. I told him the whole park shut down for her birthday a few months or so beforehand.

He had no idea at all or deserved an Emmy award.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #205
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

The madhatter discovering gages

We were at the 1900 park fare breakfast. There was a large group of us (10) to be exact. My two oldest daughters were sitting on the outside of the table. The madhatter came up behind her and started playing with her hair. he then noticed she had gages in her ears, the were the clear kind with fairies inside them. He proceeded to call over Alice and make a big deal over her gages. He was appalled that she caught fairies and put them in there. During the same breakfast, Tigger sat down next to my mom, he proccedded to steal her breakfast, (she is sorta shy and new to all this). Her face was priceless and she didn't know what to do.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #206
rdearth
Ears Earned

"Hey, it's Benjamin Franklin!"

I was dressed as Captain Hook at a MNSSHP, but walking around Frontierland.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #207
DiSZYme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Gracey999 View Post
Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off.

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.
Did you have this conversation recently? Because on our last MK day (the 8th of Sept) we had the a VERY similar conversation with a CM at the train station. He talked about loving SM, but after having ridden it with the lights on, it now made him nervous and he wouldn't raise his arms while riding anymore. This guy wasn't tall at all either, though I don't guess heights well. He also mentioned worrying about getting his hands chopped off and talked about how it could really happen (just maybe) to someone if they had unusually long/disproportionate arms! He was really nice and all, but was perhaps not the best salesman for SM.

Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if we talked to the same CM? Like there's just this one CM who just goes around worrying aloud to guests about SM chopping off his limbs
DiSZYme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #208
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieshie75 View Post
We were at the 1900 park fare breakfast. There was a large group of us (10) to be exact. My two oldest daughters were sitting on the outside of the table. The madhatter came up behind her and started playing with her hair. he then noticed she had gages in her ears, the were the clear kind with fairies inside them. He proceeded to call over Alice and make a big deal over her gages. He was appalled that she caught fairies and put them in there. During the same breakfast, Tigger sat down next to my mom, he proccedded to steal her breakfast, (she is sorta shy and new to all this). Her face was priceless and she didn't know what to do.
Off Topic (sorry) but what are GAGES!

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #209
ladyhatter92
Earning My Ears

Mine isn't really CM as such but close enough.

After the festival of the lion king we where getting pictures with the various 'float' characters and whilst taking a picture of my aunt and cousins I shouted loud 'smile simba!' sure enough simba looked right at the camera and opened his mouth to smile!! Great picture.

My mum also told me of a time when a guy was reaching his hand up trying to coax the giraffe down to his level and the giraffe was just shaking his head at him. Then as the guy gave up and went to walk away the giraffe bent down and smacked him on the head!!

At the same meeting, someone used flash in a picture of simba and he beam blinking and shaking his head like he was blinded xD

I recommend everyone try and interact with the animatronic characters as well as the 'real' ones. You never know when a CM will e watching!
ladyhatter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #210
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
On Pirates of the Caribbean...

As the boat is pulling up to the end of the ride, the CM with the microphone starts singing...

"Yo ho, yo ho, it's time to get off the boat."
I've heard that guy! he sang a whole song about getting all your stuff and getting off the boat! cracked me and kiddo up for days!
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: