Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #181
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Gosh, reading back thru the thread, I remember one that I forgot...and I see that the boat captains are quite a fun bunch!! I stopped by the Poly for breakfast very early one morning on my way to the airport (going home from a business trip). Still had some time to kill, so thought I'd ride the water taxi across the lagoon and back. The only other people on the dock were a couple I'd say were well in their seventies, and the gentleman was wearing a real eyepatch. The captain told us good morning and whatever else they say as you prepare to board. As the gentleman steps on the boat, he looks at the captain and says--in evidently his best pirate voice--"aargh, this be MY ship" to which the captain replies--also in pirate--"aye, sir, she be the Pearl...". And we continued to proceed on our way as usual. I giggled continuously for the rest of the morning--it was fantastic
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #182
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

My family and I were boarding the People Mover and the CM was telling everyone to buckle up...people were searching high and low for the belts
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #183
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I was wearing my pink sparkly winnie the pooh t-shirt while dining at Crystal palace and a CM came over to me with a dead serious face and said "Ma'am, you have pooh on your shirt". My kids were hysterical

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #184
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

My daughter was in line to get a funnel cake and a drink when the cm started speaking to her in a strange language. She was baffled as to what he was saying. He then started cracking up and said "gotcha"!
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #185
ChipnDalebowl
Nuts about animation.

I said in another thread about what makes Disney memorable or amazing....the CMs are the answer. Customer service can always make or break the day.

110% subscribed to this!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #186
Manwe967
Earning My Ears

Captain, as we are getting off the jungle cruise boat in his best haunted mansion voice, "and now a HIPPO will follow you hoooooommmeee...."
Manwe967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #187
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Absolutely love this thread!!! And poster's father who looks like Walt? OMG?!?!?!?! Keep them coming.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #188
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwe967 View Post
Captain, as we are getting off the jungle cruise boat in his best haunted mansion voice, "and now a HIPPO will follow you hoooooommmeee...."

I LOVE the skippers sometimes. I was on JC just recently last week and a gorgeous girl named Amanda was our skipper, and the jokes she told were (although there were repeats) had the best delivery and I was laughing through the whole cruise. I was definitely the loudest. I'm sure she appreciated it. Slash thought I was a weirdo.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #189
jeff p
Earning My Ears

Bump
jeff p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #190
Cee
DIS Veteran

One year we boarded a bus to go from SSR to MK for the Halloween Party. Our entire family was dressed up as playing cards, like the ones from "Alice..." who paint the roses red. There were 5 of us and as we entered the bus the driver said, "Where were you guys when I was in Vegas?"
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #191
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee
One year we boarded a bus to go from SSR to MK for the Halloween Party. Our entire family was dressed up as playing cards, like the ones from "Alice..." who paint the roses red. There were 5 of us and as we entered the bus the driver said, "Where were you guys when I was in Vegas?"
Classic!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #192
sarahsstorm
Earning My Ears

These posts are awesome. Makes me more excited for our first Disney trip!
sarahsstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #193
blearbear4
Choose Wisely

On a bus ride to one of the parks the driver told us to just ask if we had any questions. Of course, he meant questions about the park, but my dad was feeling facetious and muttered to us girls, "What is the speed of light in a dense medium such as water?" We were pretty close to the bus driver, and he asked, "What was that?" and made my dad repeat his smart-alec comment for the whole bus! We still joke about that.
Disneyland Paris '07
Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise '11
Hoping for Tokyo Disney one day!
blearbear4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #194
mommyof2boys1girl
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...and he shall be my squishy.....C'mere, squishy!

Gotta love the pirates!!

On our last trip, I was noticed by a pirate who offerred to relieve me of my wedding ring. He said something to the effect of "that looks far too heavy for such a small hand". I told him he'd have to ask my husband, to which my dh replied "sure, but you have to take her too - they're a package deal". After much discussion between them about the nearest "wench market" where dh could obtain a replacement for me, they both decided it wasn't worth the trouble for either of them!

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request!

Dh Me Ds Logan (11) Ds Adam (9) DD Allie (7)

Pre-Trip Report 2008 - Springtime in Dl for the Wilsons! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1753272
Pre-Trip Report 2010 - It took 2 long years....http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2423621
mommyof2boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #195
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

One of the long-time crew members at POC always is fast with a pirate joke for the kiddies, missed him last trip.

The funniest (in an odd sense) thing a CM said to us was one year when getting off BTR. He kept tellling us: "hurry, run, run...". I figured there was some sort of training drill but wound up being awarded the lanyard FPs during the then promotion.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: